just had my first english teaching experience

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
User avatar
doc_holliday
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:28 am
Location: montreal, canada

just had my first english teaching experience

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:08 pm

i taught some kids of around 10 years old. I think it went fine. I'll have to wait to know what the other teachers thought of me.
At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol. I had two groups, the first group was pretty rowdy, some kid even said "fuck you" to me. Nothing happened to him. In my days if you said fuck you to the teacher, you were in big trouble.

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4772
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:33 pm

fuck you

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:30 pm

doc you need to assert your dominance, make them respect your authority, otherwise you'll have a bunch of little AAAAAAAAAAs and NeverendyingAbysses running around and you'll end up an alcoholic hating your life.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
doc_holliday
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:28 am
Location: montreal, canada

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm not sure if I know how to assert my dominance without getting fired. Besides, I don't really care, they're just rowdy kids, i don't take it personal.

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3481
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:21 pm

doc_holliday wrote:some kid even said "fuck you"
Yet another bastard child of the venerable Timo Tolkki!! :shock:

Was it "fuck you" or "FUCK YOU!!!!"? :lol:

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4772
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:39 am

Well, they're from Taiwan. I presume it's something more like "fuhk yu".

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by robocop656 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:29 am

You get that vasectomy yet? Maybe you can get a little snip snip for half price in the country you're in right now.


Image

User avatar
R.F.
Member
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:46 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by R.F. » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:20 am

doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?

User avatar
doc_holliday
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:28 am
Location: montreal, canada

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by doc_holliday » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:21 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
doc_holliday wrote:some kid even said "fuck you"
Yet another bastard child of the venerable Timo Tolkki!! :shock:

Was it "fuck you" or "FUCK YOU!!!!"? :lol:
it was a small fuck you

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4772
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:49 pm

R.F. wrote:
doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?
I see what you did there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:14 pm

R.F. wrote:
doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?
I have a feeling doc_holliday will become doc_ihatemyselfandwanttodie if he attempts to teach English to the person I think you're referring to.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
thefreeone
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Quito- Ecuador

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by thefreeone » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:54 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
R.F. wrote:
doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?
I see what you did there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
but he won't understand! i'm seriously thinking about leaving the forum as a lot of users already have.

Fuck it has been almost 10 years!

User avatar
doc_holliday
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:28 am
Location: montreal, canada

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by doc_holliday » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:08 pm

thefreeone wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
R.F. wrote:
doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?
I see what you did there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
but he won't understand! i'm seriously thinking about leaving the forum as a lot of users already have.

Fuck it has been almost 10 years!
what's been almost 10 years? I thought you guys were talking about Flavio

Stratowarius 3.0
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by Stratowarius 3.0 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:30 pm

thefreeone wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
R.F. wrote:
doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?
I see what you did there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
but he won't understand! i'm seriously thinking about leaving the forum as a lot of users already have.

Fuck it has been almost 10 years!


And how many will miss you after ten years?Determine roughly! I look at your latest contributions. "Ilsekena boobs" Two posts! "Boobs" and "Thanks to me". Do you see that as some big thing for a Forum?

You and other discontent idiots have to take most of the blame for this disaster. You haven't made a thing for making this Forum interesting and that is the reason for this imbeciles overtake. So don't come here and complain. He has taken over the room you have given him. End of story. He must be banned. Now!

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:48 pm

The simple fact of the matter is that this forum's sheer weirdness probably scares off a lot of new posters (who are the lifeblood of any forum) and the never ending stream of new injokes and endless joke threads probably have something to do with making existing posters seek pastures new... I mean, this forum has survived a lot of crazy shit including bot floods and Neo-Nazis but perhaps the thing that will destroy it are the long term posters themseleves.

What I am trying to say is that I am going to kill AAAAAAAAAA and then myself.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ
Sr. Member
Posts: 5094
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:54 pm

:lol: Neon, Neon! What kind of talk is that? God forbid such drastic damages...

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 pm

It's a Monday morning and the coffee machine at the office is broken. Things will get worse before they get better.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
HvyMtlClickWitch
Sr. Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:55 am
Location: Future World
Contact:

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Hey NV, good to see things haven't changed much since I stopped by last time. ;)

You'd better get that coffeemaker fixed, for the love of Timo and all that is metal!
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:40 pm

welcome back, HMCW!!!!!!! :bigok:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:43 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Hey NV, good to see things haven't changed much since I stopped by last time. ;)

You'd better get that coffeemaker fixed, for the love of Timo and all that is metal!
It got fixed eventually. AAAAAAAAAA has not violated any international laws so far today, so I think things are somewhat better.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
thefreeone
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Quito- Ecuador

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by thefreeone » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Stratowarius 3.0 wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
R.F. wrote:
doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?
I see what you did there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
but he won't understand! i'm seriously thinking about leaving the forum as a lot of users already have.

Fuck it has been almost 10 years!


And how many will miss you after ten years?Determine roughly! I look at your latest contributions. "Ilsekena boobs" Two posts! "Boobs" and "Thanks to me". Do you see that as some big thing for a Forum?

You and other discontent idiots have to take most of the blame for this disaster. You haven't made a thing for making this Forum interesting and that is the reason for this imbeciles overtake. So don't come here and complain. He has taken over the room you have given him. End of story. He must be banned. Now!
Nobody,

But if I leave, I am sure I'll miss the old forum. I don't care about the so called "trolls", most of the time they are really funny. but fuck the overflowing posts of you know who, make this forum a real disaster. not only because the amount, but because I bet most of us don't understand most of the things he says.

I never cared about the "rules" of modaration here, but this time it has crossed the line. I know Jens its not going to mind about this post, but I am obligated to write this.

And yes, for the rest i agree with you.

User avatar
Flavio Ontivero
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 am
Location: In the land of High and Low
Contact:

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:22 pm

thefreeone wrote:
Stratowarius 3.0 wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
R.F. wrote:
doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?
I see what you did there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
but he won't understand! i'm seriously thinking about leaving the forum as a lot of users already have.

Fuck it has been almost 10 years!


And how many will miss you after ten years?Determine roughly! I look at your latest contributions. "Ilsekena boobs" Two posts! "Boobs" and "Thanks to me". Do you see that as some big thing for a Forum?

You and other discontent idiots have to take most of the blame for this disaster. You haven't made a thing for making this Forum interesting and that is the reason for this imbeciles overtake. So don't come here and complain. He has taken over the room you have given him. End of story. He must be banned. Now!
Nobody,

But if I leave, I am sure I'll miss the old forum. I don't care about the so called "trolls", most of the time they are really funny. but fuck the overflowing posts of you know who, make this forum a real disaster. not only because the amount, but because I bet most of us don't understand most of the things he says.

I never cared about the "rules" of modaration here, but this time it has crossed the line. I know Jens its not going to mind about this post, but I am obligated to write this.

And yes, for the rest i agree with you.
yes, you are obligated....

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/IMeIeYq7Bdw?hl=es_MX& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/IMeIeYq7Bdw?hl=es_MX& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
I change password - I'm the classical werewolf

User avatar
thefreeone
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Quito- Ecuador

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by thefreeone » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Flavio Ontivero wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
Stratowarius 3.0 wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
R.F. wrote:
doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?
I see what you did there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
but he won't understand! i'm seriously thinking about leaving the forum as a lot of users already have.

Fuck it has been almost 10 years!


And how many will miss you after ten years?Determine roughly! I look at your latest contributions. "Ilsekena boobs" Two posts! "Boobs" and "Thanks to me". Do you see that as some big thing for a Forum?

You and other discontent idiots have to take most of the blame for this disaster. You haven't made a thing for making this Forum interesting and that is the reason for this imbeciles overtake. So don't come here and complain. He has taken over the room you have given him. End of story. He must be banned. Now!
Nobody,

But if I leave, I am sure I'll miss the old forum. I don't care about the so called "trolls", most of the time they are really funny. but fuck the overflowing posts of you know who, make this forum a real disaster. not only because the amount, but because I bet most of us don't understand most of the things he says.

I never cared about the "rules" of modaration here, but this time it has crossed the line. I know Jens its not going to mind about this post, but I am obligated to write this.

And yes, for the rest i agree with you.
yes, you are obligated....

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/IMeIeYq7Bdw?hl=es_MX& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/IMeIeYq7Bdw?hl=es_MX& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Actually i'm not talking to you!

User avatar
Flavio Ontivero
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 am
Location: In the land of High and Low
Contact:

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:08 pm

thefreeone wrote:
Flavio Ontivero wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
Stratowarius 3.0 wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
R.F. wrote:
doc_holliday wrote: At some point I asked them to draw a toilet, they did, and they added a turd in it lol.
You have an interesting approach. Say, there is a certain user on this forum who desperately needs an English tutor. You know him? :?
I see what you did there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
but he won't understand! i'm seriously thinking about leaving the forum as a lot of users already have.

Fuck it has been almost 10 years!


And how many will miss you after ten years?Determine roughly! I look at your latest contributions. "Ilsekena boobs" Two posts! "Boobs" and "Thanks to me". Do you see that as some big thing for a Forum?

You and other discontent idiots have to take most of the blame for this disaster. You haven't made a thing for making this Forum interesting and that is the reason for this imbeciles overtake. So don't come here and complain. He has taken over the room you have given him. End of story. He must be banned. Now!
Nobody,

But if I leave, I am sure I'll miss the old forum. I don't care about the so called "trolls", most of the time they are really funny. but fuck the overflowing posts of you know who, make this forum a real disaster. not only because the amount, but because I bet most of us don't understand most of the things he says.

I never cared about the "rules" of modaration here, but this time it has crossed the line. I know Jens its not going to mind about this post, but I am obligated to write this.

And yes, for the rest i agree with you.
yes, you are obligated....

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/IMeIeYq7Bdw?hl=es_MX& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/IMeIeYq7Bdw?hl=es_MX& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Actually i'm not talking to you!
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/XDhkVTKTBoY?hl=es_MX& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/XDhkVTKTBoY?hl=es_MX& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
I change password - I'm the classical werewolf

User avatar
doc_holliday
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:28 am
Location: montreal, canada

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by doc_holliday » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:28 pm

just had my first junior high teaching experience. as I got in the class, the 2 jackasses in the last row of tables said "good morning", and it was the evening. So the class started with trolling, what a good start. The first 5 minutes weren't so bad, but I quickly lost control of the class. after 15 minutes it was almost chaos. you guys are right, I have to learn to assert my dominance.

User avatar
Flavio Ontivero
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 am
Location: In the land of High and Low
Contact:

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:37 pm

doc_holliday wrote:just had my first junior high teaching experience. as I got in the class, the 2 jackasses in the last row of tables said "good morning", and it was the evening. So the class started with trolling, what a good start. The first 5 minutes weren't so bad, but I quickly lost control of the class. after 15 minutes it was almost chaos. you guys are right, I have to learn to assert my dominance.
hahahahaah and you upset for this??

god... in argentina , the student break chairs on the teachers and you upset for one "good morning", and it was the evening"

LOL, easy, start to reject students and all will poop in his undies :x
I change password - I'm the classical werewolf

User avatar
doc_holliday
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:28 am
Location: montreal, canada

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by doc_holliday » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:36 pm

Flavio Ontivero wrote:
doc_holliday wrote:just had my first junior high teaching experience. as I got in the class, the 2 jackasses in the last row of tables said "good morning", and it was the evening. So the class started with trolling, what a good start. The first 5 minutes weren't so bad, but I quickly lost control of the class. after 15 minutes it was almost chaos. you guys are right, I have to learn to assert my dominance.
hahahahaah and you upset for this??

god... in argentina , the student break chairs on the teachers and you upset for one "good morning", and it was the evening"

LOL, easy, start to reject students and all will poop in his undies :x
i'm not upset cause they said good morning. I'm upset cause i believe that if I can't do my job, i won't have a job anymore.

User avatar
Flavio Ontivero
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 am
Location: In the land of High and Low
Contact:

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:36 pm

doc_holliday wrote:
Flavio Ontivero wrote:
doc_holliday wrote:just had my first junior high teaching experience. as I got in the class, the 2 jackasses in the last row of tables said "good morning", and it was the evening. So the class started with trolling, what a good start. The first 5 minutes weren't so bad, but I quickly lost control of the class. after 15 minutes it was almost chaos. you guys are right, I have to learn to assert my dominance.
hahahahaah and you upset for this??

god... in argentina , the student break chairs on the teachers and you upset for one "good morning", and it was the evening"

LOL, easy, start to reject students and all will poop in his undies :x
i'm not upset cause they said good morning. I'm upset cause i believe that if I can't do my job, i won't have a job anymore.
I see that you dont have a strong personality.

I recomended you one psychologist, ask for help. In the life you need show you claws and teeth sometimes or the people poop in your life. this is a shitty time that the world are passing, is Aquarius era, under Uranus planet, all is revolution and depuration.

you need got forcé in your personality, my friend, one idiot kids can't beat you.

you take a lot at me, I'm not nothing into the music market, but I'm a profesional fighter in my life, and for more that those insane people come to break me the testicles, they cant touch me.

you need gain the same but in justice (No abuse)

If you need some tips, i will help ya. :beer:
I change password - I'm the classical werewolf

User avatar
HvyMtlClickWitch
Sr. Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:55 am
Location: Future World
Contact:

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:46 pm

I think Flavio is right. I'm the same way as you, and I can tell you that (at least for me) it's been a really long learning process. Maybe you won't get it perfectly on this class, but please don't let it get you really upset. One thing you definitely don't want is for this to creep into other areas of your life.

Also, some people (especially kids) will just always act up and be dickheads, no matter what you do. ;)
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: just had my first english teaching experience

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:28 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:I think Flavio is right.
Flavio needs to take the nearest firearm, put the barrel in his mouth and pull the trigger. Please don't encourage him.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Post Reply