Coffee

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
NeverendingAbyss
Re: Coffee

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:33 pm

Yeah most of the riots are in the cities thank goodness I am a suburbian dweller.

Black lives do matter tho.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:25 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:33 pm
Yeah most of the riots are in the cities thank goodness I am a suburbian dweller.

Black lives do matter tho.
You live with the whites, nibba? :wink: My town is hours away from Philly where it seems it really went down. There were protests here but only maybe 20 people doing it peacefully. Just tried to walk my dog at 4 AM and some methhead was screaming and smashing shit, I ran inside because he probably had a gun. :lol: This town used to be a hub for skinheads and other crap in the 90s. Lots of older people feel the same way always telling people who live here from the city on Facebook to go back to where they came from and other typical crap. You'd get a laugh at how close minded some shithole town people are. This one kid used to put his pubes in kids food at lunch time when they'd get up to go to the bathroom in 8th grade. Pretty sure he dropped out that same year. :lol: Lots of 4th grade dropouts here went from there directly to getting arrested all the time. Anyway, this pube guy is now on Facebook always commenting on the same news articles and local crime watch groups all about politics drama like clockwork. You can predict these people. :lol:

BACK TO COFFEE.....
I really need to buy a new coffee maker and can't decide if I want to get fancy or just get a typical cheapo drip maker. :?
Other kinds of ways to make it I'd have to grind my beans all the time and it would taste better. I just have to be careful getting like an industrial sized ones that holds 2 gallons. :lol: I can get carried away often. I don't want to use a credit card and get a couple hundred dollar type of maker. Maybe it would be a good investment??? I didn't get my stimulus check. I swear to god I spent way too much money for the past while over getting coffee everyday at Dunkin. It would be nice if I DIDN'T DO IT!!! Credit cards only used for coffee and burgers. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:57 pm

It's been super quiet at least where I live, which is fairly diverse, but DC has been the exact opposite. Last night fared better. If it wasn't for the pandemic I would be hearing chanting outside, no doubt.

Does Chock Full o' Nuts actually contain nuts? A friend of mine refused to drink it because he thought it contained peanuts, which he is allergic to.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:09 pm

I am hiding in a remote bunker away from the batshit crazy left-wing extremists who think the Joker movie is a template for model citizenship.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:16 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:57 pm
Does Chock Full o' Nuts actually contain nuts? A friend of mine refused to drink it because he thought it contained peanuts, which he is allergic to.
Based on what I found, there are no nuts or peanuts in Chock Full o' Nuts coffee.
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/568 ... uts-coffee
https://allergeninside.com/foods/ingred ... e-Original
robocop wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:25 am
This one kid used to put his pubes in kids food at lunch time when they'd get up to go to the bathroom in 8th grade. Pretty sure he dropped out that same year. :lol:
What the hell was wrong with that kid? :yuk:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:09 pm
I am hiding in a remote bunker away from the batshit crazy left-wing extremists who think the Joker movie is a template for model citizenship.
+1,000,000

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:07 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:16 am
robocop wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:25 am
This one kid used to put his pubes in kids food at lunch time when they'd get up to go to the bathroom in 8th grade. Pretty sure he dropped out that same year. :lol:
What the hell was wrong with that kid? :yuk:
Total troll looking inbred fuck. :lol: I thought I was ugly but now I've got competition. :wink:
He lives a couple blocks away from me and has pitbulls he lets walk anywhere with no leash. Full time Facebook commenter. :lol:
He is one of those filthy dirtbag kids with really bad hygiene stinking and just wearing dirty sweatpants everyday.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:46 am

robocop wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:07 am
Total troll looking inbred fuck. :lol: I thought I was ugly but now I've got competition. :wink:
He lives a couple blocks away from me and has pitbulls he lets walk anywhere with no leash. Full time Facebook commenter. :lol:
He is one of those filthy dirtbag kids with really bad hygiene stinking and just wearing dirty sweatpants everyday.
Wow! I guess he hasn't changed much since then, eh? :lol:

In unrelated news, I've just discovered that I'm a senior citizen of the Stratoforum now. Time to play bingo and dominoes!
:party:

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:37 am

You and me drinking coffee in this thread.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:51 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Based on what I found, there are no nuts or peanuts in Chock Full o' Nuts coffee.
Great. I'll add the peanuts myself.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:01 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:51 am
ZenithMC wrote:
Huh?! :shock: :shud: :err:
Note to self: Watch out for NEA...

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:09 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:01 am
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:51 am
ZenithMC wrote:
Huh?! :shock: :shud: :err:
Note to self: Watch out for NEA...
He is going to “nut” in his coffee. :yum:

:lol:

One note to add, I had half a can of an energy drink which I know is poison, and combined it with a glass of iced coffee. Felt like I was going to explode and super anxious and other feelings. Took some CBD and now I am doing much better. Lucky I got a bottle of it before a while ago. Works for headaches most of the time for me. They actually sell CBD coffee. And tea. Actually they have the THC coffee somewhere. :lol:
They sell the CBD water here, I made coffee with it before. It’s a relaxed type of stimulating drink.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:18 am

robocop wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:09 am
B-But but... peanuts aren't nuts! :red: They're legumes. 8) :lol:
robocop wrote:
Felt like I was going to explode and super anxious and other feelings. Took some CBD and now I am doing much better.
Glad you're feeling better now! :)

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:21 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:18 am
robocop wrote:
B-But but... peanuts aren't nuts! :red: They're legumes. 8) :lol:
robocop wrote:
Felt like I was going to explode and super anxious and other feelings. Took some CBD and now I am doing much better.
Glad you're feeling better now! :)
That shit doesn’t work for very long. Gas station shit. I don’t have the medical marijuana card. Coffee....I haven’t had Dunkin for a week. Trying to save money!! The same gas station that I buy the cbd from has food to order and all. Their coffee, oh my god. I got so sick from it. They do sell the cold brew in a huge box or regular cup you can order from online or in store. Now that doesn’t make me sick. It’s just the hot coffee that the public used to drink from. It’s almost 5:30 AM and I’m going to walk the dogs in a bit but will not have coffee for the energy due to my overdosage. :err:

P.S.
My gf is allergic to nuts but she still likes to eat mine. :lol:
JK, I don’t have a gf. :red:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 pm

robocop wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:21 am
That shit doesn’t work for very long.
:(
robocop wrote:
The same gas station that I buy the cbd from has food to order and all. Their coffee, oh my god. I got so sick from it. They do sell the cold brew in a huge box or regular cup you can order from online or in store. Now that doesn’t make me sick. It’s just the hot coffee that the public used to drink from.
Wait, you got sick from their coffee again? Or are you just mentioning when you previously got sick?
robocop wrote:
It’s almost 5:30 AM and I’m going to walk the dogs in a bit but will not have coffee for the energy due to my overdosage. :err:
It's a beautiful crisp morning; nice, cool, and refreshing! :D I was dying over the weekend. It was humid and hot as hell without AC. :( I'm going to have to pull out the good ol' fan when the humidity creeps back in, like last year, but I would much prefer having working AC. Ah! It's 75 degrees Fahrenheit in my room right now; my favorite temperature! :D

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:09 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 pm
robocop wrote:
That shit doesn’t work for very long.
:(
robocop wrote:
The same gas station that I buy the cbd from has food to order and all. Their coffee, oh my god. I got so sick from it. They do sell the cold brew in a huge box or regular cup you can order from online or in store. Now that doesn’t make me sick. It’s just the hot coffee that the public used to drink from.
Wait, you got sick from their coffee again? Or are you just mentioning when you previously got sick?
robocop wrote:
It’s almost 5:30 AM and I’m going to walk the dogs in a bit but will not have coffee for the energy due to my overdosage. :err:
It's a beautiful crisp morning; nice, cool, and refreshing! :D I was dying over the weekend. It was humid and hot as hell without AC. :( I'm going to have to pull out the good ol' fan when the humidity creeps back in, like last year, but I would much prefer having working AC. Ah! It's 75 degrees Fahrenheit in my room right now; my favorite temperature! :D
I got sick from just coffee I had at home from mixing it with an energy drink. I seem to get sick a lot from it. I have central air in my place and it doesn’t go any lower than 68 on the thermostat. 3rd floor of the house is a different story. Hot as hell where I have my treadmill and drums. :red: Ive got an AC in the window there.

COFFEE: I’m going to get a coffee still somewhere this morning and will report back. :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 pm

robocop wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:09 pm
3rd floor of the house is a different story. Hot as hell where I have my treadmill and drums. :red: Ive got an AC in the window there.
Yeah, I can imagine the heat. :red:
robocop wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:09 pm
COFFEE: I’m going to get a coffee still somewhere this morning and will report back. :lol:
Good luck, sir! I'm probably going to head off to bed soon.

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:54 pm

Tried to drink some coffee. Just ended up with a stomach ache. Today’s not my day. :lol:
My POS coffee maker actually works. Thought it was broken. It would be nice if somebody gets a new one for my bday. No. I don’t need one that has 12 cups. This tiny little 4 cup one already makes me go overboard with the other amount I usually drink on top of it all. :eyes
Maybe I will buy myself one drunk and forget I ordered it. When it ends up being delivered I would think it’s a thoughtful person who sent me a gift. In reality it was just me looking out for myself. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:32 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 pm
OHHHH GODDDD IMMM COOOOOMINGGGGG
Had some blonde roast. Now having plain zucchini noodles and spinach. I’ve got a six pack of beer because this week is my bday week. :rvd:

Not like it’s different drinking patterns as any other week. This time just ramped up. Had that hard seltzer yesterday to ease into the week. Have you ever tried coffee liqueur? Last time I had it when I was young and not really into coffee as much as I am now. I hear people putting other stuff in plain coffee. Irish coffee? Irish whiskey in it, mate! I’d like to go to Ireland and visit a redhead brothel. :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:51 pm

robocop wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:32 am
ZenithMC wrote:
Had some blonde roast. Now having plain zucchini noodles and spinach. I’ve got a six pack of beer because this week is my bday week. :rvd:
That's good, but where is the protein?

Have you ever tried getting a carton of egg whites from the store? Super nutritious and healthy.

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:54 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:51 pm
robocop wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:32 am
ZenithMC wrote:

Have you ever tried getting a carton of egg whites from the store? Super nutritious and healthy.
Sure, I do sometimes. Protein bars and shakes were more of my thing. Quest bars are my main one. If you want to feel full, try this life hack:

1. Mix a scoop of protein powder with a few tablespoons of benefiber in any drink that is your favorite.
2. Feel like you ate a thanksgiving dinner afterwards. :D

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:14 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

Only egg whites? :shock: But the egg yolk is the most important part. :~( It contains a significant majority of all vitamins and minerals in the egg, as well as all of the essential fatty acids. 50% of the protein in in the egg whites and the other 50% is in the egg yolk. ++It's tasty! =P :lol:

Granted, your post was in response to robocop's meal, that of which already covered the vitamins and minerals categories. I rarely eat greens, so I need all the help I can get. :lol: Plus, egg yolks contain significant amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin (vitamin A equivalent carotenoids), which are important for eye health.
ZenithMC wrote:
oooOOOOHHH! I'm cooming alright. :buk:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:14 pm
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

Only egg whites? :shock: But the egg yolk is the most important part. :~( It contains a significant majority of all vitamins and minerals in the egg, as well as all of the essential fatty acids. 50% of the protein in in the egg whites and the other 50% is in the egg yolk. ++It's tasty! =P :lol:
It may be true that 50% of the protein is in the egg yolk, but also the vast majority of calories. If you want the highest protein per calorie density, the egg white is the way to go. Its also really convenient to pour it out of a carton right into a pan. :lol:

Of course if you don't want protein that's another story.

Regarding the nutrients, you are probably right!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:42 am

Question: do you guys actually feel better when you eat healthier food? I feel worse, but only slightly. I'm not joking. I never felt any benefit, health wise, or in terms of mood, energy level, etc, by eating "clean" food vs processed junk food.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:39 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am
It may be true that 50% of the protein is in the egg yolk, but also the vast majority of calories. If you want the highest protein per calorie density, the egg white is the way to go.
You're right. The ratio of protein to caloric content in egg whites is exceptional.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am
Its also really convenient to pour it out of a carton right into a pan. :lol:
Oh, that sounds like a dream to me. :luv3: I used to rue having to crack open the eggs and fish bits and pieces of egg shell out of the bowl. :pissed3: However, ever since I began cracking the eggs on the counter top and not the side of the bowl, I haven't been needing to do that tedious task. :D
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:42 am
Question: do you guys actually feel better when you eat healthier food? I feel worse, but only slightly. I'm not joking. I never felt any benefit, health wise, or in terms of mood, energy level, etc, by eating "clean" food vs processed junk food.
Hmm... I don't know. :? I don't really eat junk food, so I don't know what it feels like to be on a diet of crappy verses healthy food. A lot of the food I eat tends to be organic, but not all of it. I'm probably being ripped off, but I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to the quality of the food I eat.

A10, what supposedly healthy food did you eat that made you feel worse (and how)? It seems paradoxical to me. :lol: I remember eating a lot of sauerkraut and feeling like shit. Well, that's because it contains raffinose, which cannot be broken down by the intestines, thus causing bloating. That's my example of a healthy food making me feel worse. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:33 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
It has something to do with gut bacteria linked to the brain where if you only eat unhealthy stuff, your body will only crave that. Going all vegetables, etc, is a change to your gut microbiome and requires some getting used to for your body. Not only will you feel better, but you won’t get all those crazy food preservatives and additives that are all in preprepared food. Sodium is another thing for me where Whole Foods (not the grocery store, I mean like plain broccoli. :mrgreen: ) are way better. (I have high blood pressure.) Of course my frozen burritos are great. If I want to still be shit posting on the strato forum next year, I will try to incorporate more vegetables. :lol:

They also sell regular scrambled eggs in a carton now. I was doing egg whites for years due to high cholesterol. There has been some debate about that subject with eggs. Dunkin has a veggie egg white sandwich. That was my go to. It still does has too much sodium for me like any other fast food.

Fun fact: I used to get veggie burgers doing the veggie diet from Burger King. My friend blasted my ass when he said his dollar burgers have less sodium than those. (He was right!!!)
This was before they had the impossible whopper which is also high sodium.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
I read long ago that your gastrointestinal system has to get adjusted to the food that you eat. For example, a person who eats tons of veggies will have a hard time eating a big mac. Likewise, someone who eats big macs regularly will have a hard time eating veggies. It's worth researching this in a peer-reviewed academic journal. I forget the exact reason why but if I think it was due to the bacteria that live in your stomach.

Edit: what robohomo said is basically it. I have to confirm this in the scientific journals but I am too lazy to look into it now. :lol:

Edit 2: Turkey burgers deserve more love.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:12 pm

Very interesting, gentlemen! That sounds reasonable to me.
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 pm
Edit 2: Turkey burgers deserve more love.
I love turkey burgers! I eat them all the time. =P I think the brand of ground turkey I get now is Shady Brook Farms; excellent flavor!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:34 pm

Hell yeah. Add some bbq sauce and you got yourself a burger that's 10x better than a beef patty.

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:18 am

Turkey is really light to my stomach. In other words, I can eat a whole pound of that ground shit or else like 4 patties in one sitting. :lol:
That was my thing before. It took way too much to fill me up and I switched to beef. Just because I had anemia and needed the b12 and iron that is in the beef where the content is more than the turkey. What is good is using taco seasoning in the ground turkey. That may just be a white person thing. :lol:

This thread is about coffee. :wink:
Just yesterday I bought a new bag of 8 o’clock, the original flavor. Really nice since last time I had the bigger bag and it must have gotten a bit stale. One tip for anybody that ever likes iced coffee. (I consume it for the quick intake compared to hot, too hot and can’t chug it.) What I read the Japanese do is brew coffee that is way stronger than what you usually use. I like it strong. Some may like it weaker. My 4 cup Maker I use 4 tablespoons regularly. Where for iced you put 8 tablespoons in. Just make sure you have some fucking ice made!!! What is the recipe for ice?? :lol:
Really, sometimes I don’t measure and put way too much. For this iced you may want to just in case it’s bad.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:16 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:39 am
A10, what supposedly healthy food did you eat that made you feel worse (and how)? It seems paradoxical to me. :lol: I remember eating a lot of sauerkraut and feeling like shit. Well, that's because it contains raffinose, which cannot be broken down by the intestines, thus causing bloating. That's my example of a healthy food making me feel worse. :lol:
I feel when I go overboard on eating high fiber, whole foods with low caloric density, and also low calories in general, I feel very bloated, low energy, and tired.

If I go to the other extreme and eat just processed junk, its also not good. I gain weight, get heartburn, etc.

I find i feel best when I eat a combination of healthy, nutritious food, and also somewhat easy to digest / process food.

My junk food of choice is hot pockets (pepperoni pizza muthafuckaz) and 7-11 taquitos. :lol:

Overall, i'd give my diet a B. I do eat salads and oatmeal quite a bit.