Albums we're looking forward to in '21

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Robocop 2.0
Albums we're looking forward to in '21

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:10 am

Been not so active in recent years when it comes to reading music medias etc, so if any of you guys know some upcoming power metal albums, please do post. Anyways this thread is not limited to just power metal or metal!

I guess I only know about Helloween, there's supposed to be new album with Pumpkins United line-up in summer. Also hoping to finally see them live, I've missed every single opportunity so far because of different reasons ???

What I really wish to hear but nothing has been confirmed yet (correct me if I'm wrong!):

- Stratovarius (obviously)
- Nocturnal Rites (last album released in 2017, before that they had 10 year break)
- The Matrixx (Russian rock band, the leader is genius lol)
- Blind Guardian (remember reading they are working on something...)

...Oh yeah and let's not forget about the Ontivero Tribute - New singles are popping up frequently and hitting the charts such as Argentina Hot 100, and The Roots Music Report
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

robocop

Re: Albums we're looking forward to in '21

Post by robocop » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:03 am

I don’t look forward to new stuff anymore since 9 times out of 10 it’s all overhyped and not too good. :lol:

Anyway, here’s some lists so far I guess.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_in ... etal_music

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:55 pm

robocop wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:03 am
I don’t look forward to new stuff anymore since 9 times out of 10 it’s all overhyped and not too good. :lol:
You got a point there, and to be honest I can't expect to hear perfect albums from almost any band. Like, I don't expect much from the Helloween album. You can have all three singers and all, but will they write actually good songs? And let's say Sonata Arctica - I trust they will always have a couple of great songs on every album, but I can't trust they will make a great album as a whole :lol: Nevertheless when it comes to Sonata, it will always be interesting to hear new album, even if my hopes were far from high and even if you "knew" it will be bad. When it comes to some bands, maybe I look forward to special tours, books and other stuff more than actual albums.

robocop wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:03 am
Anyway, here’s some lists so far I guess.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_in ... etal_music
After taking a quick look, I'll listen to the albums from Iced Earth and Metallica at least, whenever they will release their albums. Iced Earth is the metal band I've been listening to most in past 2-3 years and I still don't know their discography very well. Always knew the band, but the first album I heard from them (the deput) many years ago didn't really make me listen more. So all the great songs with Barlow were totally unknown to me for years!
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:48 pm

That’s true.

I also like to go back and find hidden gems instead of just looking forward to the newest stuff.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm

If Kai Hansen composes most of the songs for the next Helloween album feat. him and MK, I could say I am looking forward to it. =P
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:05 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm
If Kai Hansen composes most of the songs for the next Helloween album feat. him and MK, I could say I am looking forward to it. =P
That would surely make it interesting, but I doubt it happens :lol: I do really hope there will be more than one song from him, after so long time not writing for Helloween it would be something to look forward for. Early Helloween speed metal tracks please :luv1:

Thanks Robocop!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:46 pm

I had no idea Labyrinth is going to drop a new album this month! :shock:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:54 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:46 pm
I had no idea Labyrinth is going to drop a new album this month! :shock:
Me neither! :shock:

Great solos, as always with Labyrinth. As for the rest of the song, I don't know how I feel about it. :? :lol: Certainly not bad, though, but doesn't catch my ear, really. Production is modern, of course. :roll: I can hear compression artifacts in this video, though, so that is also something to consider here.

But yeah, that's something I noticed with the later Labyrinth albums: I tend to like the solos far more than the rest of the song, as opposed to liking the whole song equally.

EDIT: Wow! This one was good, though. Solo is awfully low in the mix for some reason... Or perhaps the lead guitars have RtHD syndrome. :lol:

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:38 pm

I'm waiting for Epica, Liquid Tension Experiment, Transatlantic and a couple more.

I don't think Stratovarius will release something until the end of the year and I'm sad: 6 years is waaaay to much.
But I prefer this way than 3 albums in a row like Timo Tolkki usually does. I hope they used the time to create a fucking masterpiece.

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:34 pm

Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:38 pm
I don't think Stratovarius will release something until the end of the year and I'm sad: 6 years is waaaay to much.
But I prefer this way than 3 albums in a row like Timo Tolkki usually does. I hope they used the time to create a fucking masterpiece.
Didn't really think about it, how time flies. 6 years soon already :shock: But yeah better slowly than rush everything. Also if a band has huge discography already, I don't really see much point in making albums very frequently. Sure people get older and probably many would like to keep creating new music for as long as possible and perform it live.

Thanks Robocop!