Stuff you want to buy (Reccomendations)

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
robocop
Stuff you want to buy (Reccomendations)

Post by robocop » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:03 pm

Hello, Hola, Hei, Bonjour!

We may be getting another stimulus check in the USA, SO....

Here is a new thread for things you need or want to buy. (Or stuff you're keeping an eye on currently to buy in the future.)

For me, it's going to be some piece of music equipment. Or...a retropie. Maybe start a vinyl collection? Maybe just payoff bills.
Tell me if you have a recommendation for me for musical gear with a $2,000 limit. Some stuff I'm thinking about is: new mic, new monitors, new guitar.
(if you can find it on https://www.sweetwater.com that would be good since I have a credit card there! :lol:)
It would be better if I had a setup to record drums, but....that is not going to happen where I live next to a bunch of asshole neighbors. :lol:

Other stuff? I'd like to order pizza every damn day for the next month, too. =P :mrgreen:

Robocop 2.0

Re: Stuff you want to buy (Reccomendations)

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:37 am

Robo you need to buy new neighbors!

A lot of stuff, too much stuff, but I guess

- Good but not damn expensive camera for food photos and maybe for something else
- BIG, good wooden chopping board(s) and some other kitchen stuff

I don't look for those that actively, but I'll surely buy this year. Always interested in buying CDs and vinyls too, miss visiting record stores (hate paying for delivery when our postal service is garbage). And something better for actually playing those would be nice. But yeah, currently spending on pizza and stocks :lol:
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:07 am

robocop wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:03 pm
Hello, Hola, Hei, Bonjour!

We may be getting another stimulus check in the USA, SO....

Here is a new thread for things you need or want to buy. (Or stuff you're keeping an eye on currently to buy in the future.)

For me, it's going to be some piece of music equipment. Or...a retropie. Maybe start a vinyl collection? Maybe just payoff bills.
Tell me if you have a recommendation for me for musical gear with a $2,000 limit. Some stuff I'm thinking about is: new mic, new monitors, new guitar.
(if you can find it on https://www.sweetwater.com that would be good since I have a credit card there! :lol:)
It would be better if I had a setup to record drums, but....that is not going to happen where I live next to a bunch of asshole neighbors. :lol:

Other stuff? I'd like to order pizza every damn day for the next month, too. =P :mrgreen:
I hate to be the grinch here but I would save every penny for a rainy day. You never know what the future brings. If you have bills, take care of those of course. Things like music equipment are like a bottomless pit where you can spend thousands and never be satisfied :lol: So unless you're making money from the music, I'd play it safe.
Last edited by AAAAAAAAAA on Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:06 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:07 am

I hate to be the grinch here but I would save every penny for a rainy day. You never know what the future brings. If you have bills, take care of those of course. Things like music equipment are like a bottomless put where you can spend thousands and never be satisfied :lol: So unless you're making money from the music, I'd play it safe.
C’mon. Want to know how much I get a month? $500. Hard to stretch it no matter what. I have no savings. I’m living on credit.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:23 am

robocop wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:06 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:07 am

I hate to be the grinch here but I would save every penny for a rainy day. You never know what the future brings. If you have bills, take care of those of course. Things like music equipment are like a bottomless put where you can spend thousands and never be satisfied :lol: So unless you're making money from the music, I'd play it safe.
C’mon. Want to know how much I get a month? $500. Hard to stretch it no matter what. I have no savings. I’m living on credit.
I don't follow- are you saying you have no savings so you shouldn't save, or are you saying you don't make much money so you shouldn't save?

$500 is not much, I understand. But if you don't have to worry about rent and utilities, that must help a lot!

You should come back on Discord, you are missed. We talk about you a lot lol.

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:30 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:23 am

I don't follow- are you saying you have no savings so you shouldn't save, or are you saying you don't make much money so you shouldn't save?

$500 is not much, I understand. But if you don't have to worry about rent and utilities, that must help a lot!

You should come back on Discord, you are missed. We talk about you a lot lol.
My bad. I just meant I have no extra money and live on credit. And I don’t save. But I know quiet well I need to figure something out. I pay for my 2 credit cards, groceries, internet bill, phone bill and dog meds. And a few other bills for digital subscriptions and amazon prime. My big spending is food constantly. I’ll come back to discord. I just got sick of the internet for a week or so. Seen zenith looks like a cartoon villain with his stache. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:37 am

- Good but not damn expensive camera for food photos and maybe for something else

I don't look for those that actively, but I'll surely buy this year. Always interested in buying CDs and vinyls too, miss visiting record stores (hate paying for delivery when our postal service is garbage). And something better for actually playing those would be nice. But yeah, currently spending on pizza and stocks :lol:
I'd like to get a nice camera too!! Invest in Robo inc ®

Don't need a good player. Just buy a bluetooth speaker for 20 bucks. You should be good. =P

I just want to get a BIGGGG grocery order. That's what I want in my kitchen. :lol:

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:16 pm

robocop wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:52 pm
Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:37 am

I'd like to get a nice camera too!! Invest in Robo inc ®

Don't need a good player. Just buy a bluetooth speaker for 20 bucks. You should be good. =P

I just want to get a BIGGGG grocery order. That's what I want in my kitchen. :lol:
Thinking about actual CDs, all I got is old computers with optical disc drives (my new computer doesn't have that). Just checked USB-ones doesn't cost much. As for speakers, some 15+ years old Logitech that doesn't even work properly. Got nothing for vinyl, but I have a CD release for each vinyl.

Not that I even play those, I rarely do. It's more about collecting/"memorabilia" and most of time I can play songs from youtube premium anyway.

But yeah, getting best possible sound (and I can play stuff as loud as I want here) would be pretty nice. Nothing important tho, got tooo much uses for money.
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:01 am

Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Thinking about actual CDs, all I got is old computers with optical disc drives (my new computer doesn't have that). Just checked USB-ones doesn't cost much. As for speakers, some 15+ years old Logitech that doesn't even work properly. Got nothing for vinyl, but I have a CD release for each vinyl.

Not that I even play those, I rarely do. It's more about collecting/"memorabilia" and most of time I can play songs from youtube premium anyway.

But yeah, getting best possible sound (and I can play stuff as loud as I want here) would be pretty nice. Nothing important tho, got tooo much uses for money.
Oh buddddd!!! A decent pair of speakers will change your life! Compared to those standard computer ones. I would collect some stuff too if I could. Maybe retro games. Maybe vinyl. A dream would be to have old school arcade cabinets.

I think you owe it to yourself if you have such a big collection to get a decent pair of speakers. Nothing like $1,000. Maybe even $100 or even more if you decided to shell out some more. Thing is, even those Logitech and such sell speaker sets that are $100. I think you’d be pleased with listening to music on good speakers. Very underrated thing imho. Unless you’re into audio.

I understand some can’t buy them. But if you have a collection, you owe it to yourself. Even a good pair of headphones is life changing.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:28 am

Is an audiophile speaker system a better listening experience than an equivalent headphone?

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:56 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:28 am
Is an audiophile speaker system a better listening experience than an equivalent headphone?
Probably has many factors. If the acoustics in the room are bad, that could not sound too great. Also, when mixing music, there's a plugin called WAVES NX that uses your webcam when using headphones to create a virtual listening/mixing room of a acoustically treated room and good monitors. Has a head tracker.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/nx#mixing ... l-mix-room

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:06 pm

Bonus double post. I know if you have really good expensive good speakers, they come with a mic that adjusts the speakers to the room. That is with recording stuff...I wonder if with just audiophile gear there is something like it?

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:59 pm

I can't say I want a specific item in particular...

Maybe new socks? New undershirts? I've been wearing the same set for 3 years. :lol:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:50 am

Christ.. :lol: :lol:

I’m too fat for undershirts and go thru packs of socks all the damn time. I love a fresh pair of socks. I only get the Hanes whatever big mans feet for size 13 and up.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:10 pm

robocop wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:50 am
size 13.
You must have a big cock, then. :shock:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:10 pm
robocop wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:50 am
size 13.
You must have a big cock, then. :shock:
We went over this before. :lol: