Recently seen movies

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Morgana
Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Morgana » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:08 pm

OK, guys... I've just seen Mulholland Drive. Maybe I'm just a stoopid fool and my hriends maybe too but... :shock: We just haven't understood anything!!! Is there somebody to explaine me what is this movie about??? I really need help for this... :roll:

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:11 pm

hahahaha

it's so funny when you don't understand anything in a movie XD

sometimes it's even more fun that way :D

you know, like the looks and the comments: "what the fuck did just happen!!? And why?? Whatever, let's eat chips"

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:17 pm

I already said it in the tolkki forum, but I saw Starsky & Hutch (the new version) yesterday, for the second time :D

so fucking funny!!!!!!

Do it. Open the car. Do it.

[insert anything] Do it.

:lol:

and all that part is the best fucking part :lol:

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:08 am

oh, Mulholland Drive! i have this DVD right by my hand for like months, but still need some encouragement to watch it...
maybe i will do it next week, after the reports and exam and school blah blah things.

i would say, according to all these reviews i've seen about this movie , it will be a big shock if someone comes and says "Hey i saw this movie and i UNDERSTAND it!" :lol:
it's cool to make a movie that 10 out of 10 ppl don't get a tiny clue (or is it because there're too many clues and just don't fit each other? nevermind, same results...)
and it's even cooler to get hundreds of awards for making such a movie...
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:12 am

Syren.S wrote:oh, Mulholland Drive! i have this DVD right by my hand for like months, but still need some encouragement to watch it...
maybe i will do it next week, after the reports and exam and school blah blah things.

i would say, according to all these reviews i've seen about this movie , it will be a big shock if someone comes and says "Hey i saw this movie and i UNDERSTAND it!" :lol:
it's cool to make a movie that 10 out of 10 ppl don't get a tiny clue (or is it because there're too many clues and just don't fit each other? nevermind, same results...)
and it's even cooler to get hundreds of awards for making such a movie...
:lol: :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:55 am

iron_thunder wrote:re: a nightmare on elm street... i love those movies! ... not #6, though, that one sucks ass (except for the map-folding part. blah)

@ BEG: If you like scary-but-not-gross, watch The Brood, if you can find it. There are a few murders, but it's not gruesome (to my recollection), just fucking scary. like... incredibly freaky.
Thanks for that recommendation! :)
I saw CAST AWAY, with Tom Hanks last night&I am watching Terminator3 now.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:07 am

browneyedgirl wrote: I saw CAST AWAY, with Tom Hanks last night.
My favotite movie, my favorite actor! :P

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:57 am

iron_thunder wrote:re: a nightmare on elm street... i love those movies! ... not #6, though, that one sucks ass (except for the map-folding part. blah)
Ha, I thought exactly the same. They were all good until #5. The last two are pure crap!
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

tmhal

Horror :)

Post by tmhal » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:27 am

Hjehe..

Well,my latest movie is a good thriller movie called The Descent :)
That was very exciting indeed and it has this weird but very interesting music in the background..I recommend that movie for everyone who loves a bit different Horror movie..Group of women go to search this gave in the mountains and encounter all kind of groovy stuff :twisted:
Now listening Stratovarius -Eternity- :) This song rulez in this monday as it's my 1st day in a course which will last for 3 months..A landscape with no trees..uuh..

Happy week for everyone :)
-Eagleheart1980-

Life is too short to be wasted!

Strato Kicks Butt!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:53 pm

Morgana wrote:
But, it was so sad---I wanted him&his wife to get back together in the end. :( But, he met a redhead in the end who seemed promising! :D Next Saturday night FORREST GUMP come on--also with Hanks.
Tom Hanks is going to play the lead in the new movie, THE DA VINCI CODE---the previews look good.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:33 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: Tom Hanks is going to play the lead in the new movie, THE DA VINCI CODE---the previews look good.
I think it will be commersial project so I don't want to watch it. Tom Hanks could spend his time much more better than play in such movies... I read the book and I like it but movies are always worse than books.

dirge

Post by dirge » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:52 pm

Saw Trading Places, for the first time in years last night, what a classic! :D Eddie Murphy and Dan Ackroyd both on form! :D

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:18 pm

Stealth wrote:
Ha, I thought exactly the same. They were all good until #5. The last two are pure crap!

What i hated about #5 was that they made Alice blonde! Blah! to be quite honest, I adored #4... but somehow she didn't have that same "aww, you're so cute and innocent!!" appeal in the fifth one. i guess it's hard to be cute and innocent when you're pregnant?! i don't know... hehe...
didn't mind #7 though, that 'real life' thing. a good idea... was a little long, but... FUUUUUUCK i love those movies! anybody who hasnt' seen at least the first Nightmare on Elm st., go rent it! hehe

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:15 pm

I watched 2 movies this morning while I was cleaning house. The first one was; DARK PRINCE: THE TRUE STORY OF DRACULA. I bet Morgana would like this one--it is a very good movie, about Vlad the Impaler&how he got the nickname of Dracula. Actually, it was lots of historical truth behind that movie. Of course it was dramatized, but the facts were still presented watered down. There was some gore, but not as real-life, of course, as Vlad the impaler was very sadistic. On one webpage it was rumored that Vlad's mistress got pregnant&he literally sliced the baby out of her because he did not want any heirs at that time. Later, of course he did marry, but his ruthless ways continued. However, his violence is not condemned by many coomon Romanian folk because he saved them from being invaded&taken over by the Turkish army, and was very hateful to Muslims. In any case, this was a good movie&I recommend it--not boring at all!

The second movie I watched was GUINEVERE, standard Arthurian story of the love between Guinevere&Lancelot, and how she stayed with Arthur just to keep the country together.(btw, the lady portraying Guinevere looked much like Princess Diana--don't know if that was intentional or not) :err: Anyway, this movie is OK&never fails to make me cry a bit--especially when Lancelot sends his messenger to give Guin a White Rose--which means, a relationship is over. Then, at the end she looks at the empty seat of the Round Table where her lover sat&gets a very sad look in her eyes.
Boo hoo. :( Poor Arthur--I'll never forget the part where he looks at Guinevere&says, "All you do is talk about him!"(meaning Lancelot) Not nearly as good as Excalibur, but it was not meant to be---and, yes, Arthur does sleep with his sister in this one, too.

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:17 am

Withnail and I - Totally crazy mad f**ked up film! :lol:

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:16 am

Browneyedgirl, thanks! :) I'll have 3 holydays and I'll watch it :)

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:38 am

iron_thunder wrote:What i hated about #5 was that they made Alice blonde! Blah! to be quite honest, I adored #4... but somehow she didn't have that same "aww, you're so cute and innocent!!" appeal in the fifth one. i guess it's hard to be cute and innocent when you're pregnant?! i don't know... hehe...
didn't mind #7 though, that 'real life' thing. a good idea... was a little long, but... FUUUUUUCK i love those movies! anybody who hasnt' seen at least the first Nightmare on Elm st., go rent it! hehe
Wow, you read my mind! Indeed, Alice was very cute and nice in #4, and then in #5 she was... mmm... "fierce" and looked like a typical Hollywood actress. And she looked much better as a redhead. The thing about 6 and 7 is that they didn't have that 80's feel.

Today I finished watching Chucky's movies. Chucky is awesome! It's funny, cute and evil at the same time. I love that scene in Child's Play 3 where he comes out of hiding screaming with the intention of killing an army general, but the general starts having a heart attack or something (out of shock) and Chucky, with his unique look, says ah, you have got to be fucking me!!!. Hahaha!!! Chucky rules! :D
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:21 pm

Morgana wrote:Browneyedgirl, thanks! :) I'll have 3 holydays and I'll watch it :)

I hope you can see it--DARK PRINCE was a tv-movie on USA, then it went to DVD, so you should be able to find it somewhere. Rudolph Martin is the guy who plays Vlad the Impaler----no way the real one looked that good! =P

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:00 am

Serenity, damn great sci-fi movie ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:38 am

Shurik wrote:Serenity, damn great sci-fi movie ...
Really? What's it about?
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:14 am

It's a movie based on short-lived Firefly series ...

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:04 pm

"Secretary". Hm... Good!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:59 pm

Equinox wrote:
Shurik wrote:Serenity, damn great sci-fi movie ...
Really? What's it about?

My son saw it&said it was good--I did not ask him any details about it, though.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:29 pm

Shurik wrote:It's a movie based on short-lived Firefly series ...
Wow, that statement gives me a great amount of information. :roll:
Can u give a little more please??

;)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:36 pm

Equinox wrote:
Shurik wrote:It's a movie based on short-lived Firefly series ...
Wow, that statement gives me a great amount of information. :roll:
Can u give a little more please??

;)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/
The story is pretty standart - a girl with extraordinary abilities on the run from Some Big Government Organization somewhere in the galaxy, there's a group of war veterans turned criminals who helps her and her brother, there's a Big Secret and so on and so forth. While the story is not that original, the acting, directing and cinematography are excellent.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:03 pm

Morgana wrote:
Wiiiiilsoooooooooon!!!

:lol:

that part is funny...yeah, it's a great movie. Though not at all one of my favorites...and Tom Hanks...I don't know, I'm so tired of him. He irritates me...There are 2 actors that you'd say "they are good actors!" but that I can't even look at:

- Tom Hanks
- Robin Williams

There are only...like 2 movies I love/like of each actor, that I loved/liked before those actors got me so tired. But I still love/like those movies:

- Dead Poets Society
- Jumanji (yes, I used to love this movie :lol: I know it sucks, but I like it still cause I liked it when I was a child)
- Forrest Gump
- Cast Away

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:24 pm

Forrest Gump comes on tomorrow night on ABC.
"Life is like a box of chocolates--you never know what you'll get!"
True! :)

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:25 pm

Evil Dead 3: The Army Of Darkness

A hillarious horror/comedy :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:33 am

Shurik wrote:Evil Dead 3: The Army Of Darkness

A hillarious horror/comedy :lol:
AMEN!! I've had that movie on videotape for many years&it always made me laugh--my son likes it, too. Bruce Campbell is a good actor in both comedy&drama.

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:38 am

I want to watch "Irreversible" but I'm afraid. I saw a part of it... The most cruel part. Well, I'll try to do it tomorrow....