Recently seen movies

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
User avatar
Morgana
Sr. Member
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Morgana » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:57 pm

Stealth wrote:
Morgana wrote:YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!! I've bought "Malena"!!! :D I'll watch it tomorrow and tell you about my impressions :wink:
Let me guess... You are gonna love it. You love any movie with Monica in it. :D Your opinion about Malena will be extremely biased! :D
Heheh, maybe you're right in some part of your words... :) But I don't buy movies that I didn't read about in Internet. "Malena" got 2 Oscars so I guess it's a good movie. And finally, there are some not very interesting movies with Monica. I saw some of them.... and I didn't like them. :wink: :)

User avatar
Stealth
Sr. Member
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Blah

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Stealth » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Morgana wrote: "Malena" got 2 Oscars so I guess it's a good movie.
Titanic won 11 Oscars....... :roll: :wink: :D
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

User avatar
Morgana
Sr. Member
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Morgana » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:04 pm

Don't tell me that you don't like Titanic!!!! :twisted: Hell, it's great movie - such a strong feelings..... :P

User avatar
Stealth
Sr. Member
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Blah

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Stealth » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:09 pm

Well, I haven't watched it... But the thing is, I didn't watch it because it's the kind of movie I would never ever watch! I can't take the overly sentimental American movie with "touching" background music throughout the entire movie and grossly exaggerated (and unrealistic) sentimental moments made even worse by exaggerated performances. I give those movies 28 thumbs down. :D :shock:
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Stratofanius » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:06 pm

Morgana wrote:Don't tell me that you don't like Titanic!!!! :twisted: Hell, it's great movie - such a strong feelings..... :P
But Cameron has many many many better movies than it.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:29 pm

Stratofanius wrote:
Morgana wrote:Don't tell me that you don't like Titanic!!!! :twisted: Hell, it's great movie - such a strong feelings..... :P
But Cameron has many many many better movies than it.

Terminator I&II, for example? ???
:uzi: :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Stratofanius » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:03 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Stratofanius wrote:
Morgana wrote:Don't tell me that you don't like Titanic!!!! :twisted: Hell, it's great movie - such a strong feelings..... :P
But Cameron has many many many better movies than it.

Terminator I&II, for example? ???
:uzi: :)
Terminator I is of course LEGEND (II isn't, it's just good) and so is ALIENS. Those two movies are probably in my "top 10 movies ever" -list.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:10 pm

Stratofanius wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Stratofanius wrote:
Morgana wrote:Don't tell me that you don't like Titanic!!!! :twisted: Hell, it's great movie - such a strong feelings..... :P
But Cameron has many many many better movies than it.

Terminator I&II, for example? ???
:uzi: :)
Terminator I is of course LEGEND (II isn't, it's just good) and so is ALIENS. Those two movies are probably in my "top 10 movies ever" -list.
And as a bonus he got to marry Sarah Conner! :) Seriously, Cameron&Linda Hamilton married after TermI&had a couple kids. :kiss: Who says the casting couch doesn't exist? ;) Or in this case the Casting Altar. :D
Thats how Stephen Spiedlberg met his wife, too--she was the heroine of Raiders of the Lost Ark II. :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Stratofanius » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:03 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Thats how Stephen Spiedlberg met his wife, too--she was the heroine of Raiders of the Lost Ark II. :)
You meant: "Thats how Steven Spielberg met his wife, too--she was the heroine of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" :wink:

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:42 am

Stratofanius wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Thats how Stephen Spiedlberg met his wife, too--she was the heroine of Raiders of the Lost Ark II. :)
You meant: "Thats how Steven Spielberg met his wife, too--she was the heroine of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" :wink:
Yeah, thats what I meant :red: but, for some reason I always say ROTLA 1,2&3 because they are so closely intertwined.
Oh, Kate Capshaw is Spielberg's wife--they have 6 children. He must love her very much! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
mo-ka
Sr. Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:35 am
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by mo-ka » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:46 pm

Yesterday night I have seen "willy wonka and the chocolate factory" dated 1971 with Gene Wilder. I was curious to see the original film...that's not bad :)
Every moment is like gold, You'll remember when you're old.

User avatar
stratohawk
Sr. Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by stratohawk » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:53 am

I watched the new Bond! It's an awesome movie!! Better than all Pierce Brosnan-movies, definitely a classic!!!!

User avatar
Shurik
Sr. Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:17 am
Location: Satellite Of Love
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Shurik » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:28 am

miditek wrote:Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

This weekend, I took my girlfriend to see this mock documentary. It stars British actor Sascha Baron Cohen as Kazakh reporter Borat Sagdiyev, who along with his trusty producer Azamat, are commissioned by the Kazakh Ministry of Information to interview various people in the, as Borat describes is, the "US and A".

The entire audience laughed through just about the whole movie. This film will doubtlessly offend folks that are thin-skinned or politically correct, but will delight the rest.

Borat encounters one outrageous adventure after the other as he learns street slang from black gang members, gets drunk with college fraternity guys, goes on a date with a prostitute, pisses off an entire arena full of rednecks at a rodeo, proclaims that he's going to California to meet/marry his beloved Pamela Anderson, and "speaks in tongues" with evangelical Pentecostals, among others.

This is absolutely one of the funniest and most offensive movies ever made.
Yagshemash!
This guy is insane. I don't know how much of the movie was staged (probably not much, from what I've read), but he could've been killed for some of the things he did, like the rodeo scene ...
The movie is offensive, disgusting in some places (the fight with his producer) but above all - hysterically funny ...

P.S. Sasha Baron Cohen speaks a pretty good Hebrew for someone who wasn't born in Israel, I was able to understand all of what he said in "Kazakh" :)
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

sleepless_paul13
Jr. Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:04 am
Location: Thessaloniki/Greece

25th hour

Post by sleepless_paul13 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:56 am

Just saw the 25th hour!It is great!Edward Norton for the winners!
Keep surprising them!

User avatar
Carcass
Sr. Member
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Finland

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Carcass » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:05 am

Da Vinci -code
Crappy film. Few things presented in it are based on facts. Although I have to say that if I were religious, I would surely read throug the Apocrypha. The Bible is a historical and cultural product, it didn't fall like that from the heavens.

Caché
Every fan of Lynch -like films should check this one out. It starts similarily to Lynch's Lost Highway, this is intentional I guess. I don't want to reveal too much about the plot, but it begins with a family recieving video tapes with shots od their house from outside. This is a typical European film, slow and "arty". But great nevertheless.

User avatar
raziel86_hun
Jr. Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by raziel86_hun » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:39 pm

The Shutter

The best horror film what I see in this year!

User avatar
StratoTimo
Sr. Member
Posts: 6657
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Suomen Chicago...Lahti!
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by StratoTimo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:34 am

Tuntematon Sotilas, ei tartte paljoo selitellä, ja enkuks en jaksa!
Meikä Ankka

ShadowOfThePast
Jr. Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: Hellsinki

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ShadowOfThePast » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:59 pm

SAW, I should watch SAW II and III too.. Quite a sick and twisted movie. The human mind is a sick thing. :twisted:
"Niin musta on tie, vaan mustempi ois mieli kulkijalla, jollei kuu paistais hopeaansa."

User avatar
nepi
Sr. Member
Posts: 5069
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Zurich
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by nepi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:22 pm

ShadowOfThePast wrote:SAW, I should watch SAW II and III too.. Quite a sick and twisted movie. The human mind is a sick thing. :twisted:
SAW III??? *jealous*!

I can't wait until feb to see the movie!!!! I have seen the first one and the second one (but this in the cinema at midnite :) ). I just heard, number 3 is really hard and very good!!!!

My last movie was Vanilla Sky.
Quite not a bad movie but the end is really surreal and I am not sure if I have noticed every single detail...

But the movie is really good and the line between dream and reality is so small that you can't decide.... Very good!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Mormegil » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:17 pm

Going to see the new Bond, Casino Royale this sunday. \m/

User avatar
Morgana
Sr. Member
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Morgana » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:54 pm

Watched "Malena" yesterday. Well, 9 points of 10! :) There are so many movies where Monica Bellucci acts without any words. "Malena" is one of such movies too. She was silent almost all the movie but there were some strong emotional scenes where I was almost crying, for example, when angry women cut her beautiful hair and broke her clothes.... Strong movie, very strong! 8) My beloved Monica, she is so beautiful.... She is magnificient! :)

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:14 pm

Mormegil wrote:Going to see the new Bond, Casino Royale this sunday. \m/
I might see it tomorrow \m/
Spamming is serious business!

User avatar
Morgana
Sr. Member
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Morgana » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:34 pm

"From Hell". Well, 10 points! Great movie, great actors, what can I say... Perfect, nothing to change! :) And Johnny Depp is..... :luv1: In one of the "hot" moments (when he kissed her) I thought - how does it feel when Johnny Depp kiss you? Mmmmmmm......... :roll: :oops:

Image

User avatar
Wanderer
Sr. Member
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:50 am
Location: Vantaa,Finland

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:57 pm

Dave wrote:
Mormegil wrote:Going to see the new Bond, Casino Royale this sunday. \m/
I might see it tomorrow \m/
I saw it last saturday. The best Bond so far. :) Daniel Craig was more believable than Pierce Brosnan. The movie was too long IMHO (2h 27 mins) I liked the story and the acters. Keep on rocking.
The oldest radio rock station Radio City quit 12-8-2006 :(

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by exe knight » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:08 am

Just Married

Not really awesome movie, but it was enough to make my day, good reason not to go sleep.

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Mormegil » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:30 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Dave wrote:
Mormegil wrote:Going to see the new Bond, Casino Royale this sunday. \m/
I might see it tomorrow \m/
I saw it last saturday. The best Bond so far. :) Daniel Craig was more believable than Pierce Brosnan. The movie was too long IMHO (2h 27 mins) I liked the story and the acters. Keep on rocking.
I'm not really a Bond-fan but I really liked it too. And I don't think it was too long, I actually had a feeling it ended too soon. :P Other movies I just saw:

Carrie
The first ever movie adabted from Stephen King's novel by Scarface-director Brian DePalma.
8

Army Of Darkness
Final chapter of the Evil Dead -trilogy. These movies are hilarious. You got to see the partly slow-motion -made battle between men and the army of the dead. :lol:
9

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:53 pm

Carcass wrote:Da Vinci -code
Crappy film. Few things presented in it are based on facts. Although I have to say that if I were religious, I would surely read throug the Apocrypha. The Bible is a historical and cultural product, it didn't fall like that from the heavens.
The book DaVinciCode, was great! Evidently, the wrong folks were chosen to create the movie&act in it because lots of people were disappointed. I will rent it some rainy day when I don't have anything better to do. :D
You are right about the Bible. Educated Christians would agree. :)

@Mormegil, Army of Darkness is good, indeed---Bruce Campbell is a terrific actor both in comedy&drama!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Carcass
Sr. Member
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Finland

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Carcass » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:20 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Carcass wrote:Da Vinci -code
Crappy film. Few things presented in it are based on facts. Although I have to say that if I were religious, I would surely read throug the Apocrypha. The Bible is a historical and cultural product, it didn't fall like that from the heavens.
The book DaVinciCode, was great! Evidently, the wrong folks were chosen to create the movie&act in it because lots of people were disappointed. I will rent it some rainy day when I don't have anything better to do. :D
You are right about the Bible. Educated Christians would agree. :)

@Mormegil, Army of Darkness is good, indeed---Bruce Campbell is a terrific actor both in comedy&drama!
I have to admit that the film is fairly entertaining. But not more (or less). It's good for a rainy, lazy day. It's worth renting.

User avatar
Stealth
Sr. Member
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Blah

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Stealth » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:37 am

Bon Cop Bad Cop.

Not good.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Stratofanius » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:47 pm

Lucky Number Slevin

Surprisingly very good movie! Overall nice expect Josh Hartnett sucks hard and I was disappointed because he didn't die in the movie...

Batman Forever

Val Kilmer as Batman was a bit boring and Chris O'Donnel looked stupid & gay. Nicole Kidman's performance was mindless also, but the bad guys were great: Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey stole the show easily.
The plot was stupid but in fact I liked this movie. Of course it wasn't anything if we compare it to the first Batman movie, which was truly masterpiece with mighty Jack Nicholson.

Post Reply