Recently seen movies

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Lurdi
Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Lurdi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Carcass wrote:
So you must have a high level of Spanish!?
No, not really. :) Especially now that I'm a little rusty. It's about 6 months since I finished the last course. I got all the stuff somewhere in the back of my head, I just need some brushing-up.
Ok, so somehow you need to retake them! You cannot forget the whole thing,least of all if you don't practice...it'd be a pitty if you lost all you've learnt, no matter what language it is.Nowadays knowledge is available anywhere.
Carcass wrote:
Do you find it difficult or easy?
Surprisingly easy. I didn't imagine that English would give so much help. It's really inspiring when you start to get things relatively quickly.
I imagined it could be easy for a Finnish because of the complexity of your language, but never because of the English language's help. But it is understandable why you might relate it to Spanish. Maybe English is for you the closest language to Spanish, a lot more than Finnish taking into account English and Spanish are indoeuropean languages and Finnish is not.
When I was learning German I related it to English, and Italian to Spanish but also to Catalan and Latin.
Carcass wrote:
Did your teachers make you read books in Spanish?
Nope, I don't think we are that far yet. But on the second course she did make us speak with native speakers of Spanish.
Well, someday you'll have to read one! :)

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:27 am

Lurdi wrote:Ok, so somehow you need to retake them! You cannot forget the whole thing,least of all if you don't practice...it'd be a pitty if you lost all you've learnt, no matter what language it is.Nowadays knowledge is available anywhere.
I will start the third course in the spring. I will definitely brush up my Spanish before that.
I imagined it could be easy for a Finnish because of the complexity of your language, but never because of the English language's help. But it is understandable why you might relate it to Spanish. Maybe English is for you the closest language to Spanish, a lot more than Finnish taking into account English and Spanish are indoeuropean languages and Finnish is not.
When I was learning German I related it to English, and Italian to Spanish but also to Catalan and Latin.
Wow, I counted six languages.

English is the closest one for me. But strangely, Swedish helps a little bit too. There are comparisons between Swedish and Spanish in the textbooks we used (I study in Swedish). By help from these languages I mean that a lot of words are similar, grammarwise they are useless.

People say that Catalan and Italian are quite close. I once heard one Italian (from the north) and one Catalan comparing expressions in their languages and they were surprised at how many were similar.
Well, someday you'll have to read one!
Let's hope I'll get that far one day.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Carcass wrote:

Wow, I counted six languages.
I wish I could speak 6 languages, but unfortunately I only speak 4.Catalan is my mother tongue and Spanish is like my second mother tongue.With friends and family I always use Catalan, but you cannot go too far with it, and I personally love reading in Spanish a lot more than in Catalan. Catalan is a very very difficult and complicated language and its grammar is horrible...I am very happy to be bilingual. It's a great vantage and help I think, at least I have always taken advantage of it.
It's true I studied Greek, Latin, German and French, but I don't speak them, least of all Greek and Latin.
Latin is for me the perfect language.
Btw, is you teacher Finnish or Spanish? How did you become to be interested in studying Spanish?

Carcass wrote: English is the closest one for me. But strangely, Swedish helps a little bit too. There are comparisons between Swedish and Spanish in the textbooks we used (I study in Swedish). By help from these languages I mean that a lot of words are similar, grammarwise they are useless.
That's something completely new for me! Swedish and Spanish!
How is it you study in Swedish? Is it your mother tongue or something? I didn't know it had such a great influence in Finland.I wish I could study in Swedish.I always said in family that I wish both of my parents were from a different country and lived in Spain so I could speak lots of different languages.

Carcass wrote: People say that Catalan and Italian are quite close. I once heard one Italian (from the north) and one Catalan comparing expressions in their languages and they were surprised at how many were similar.

Yes they are. Italian and Catalan are like brothers from different fathers I'd say. Actually when Italians come to Spain we understand them and they understand us perfectly even if we don't know a single word in Italian and vice versa.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Lurdi wrote:Catalan is a very very difficult
Yeah, written Catalan looks really strange to me, but I quite like the sound of it. I've worked couple of summers in Catalonia.
Btw, is you teacher Finnish or Spanish? How did you become to be interested in studying Spanish?
Finnish. There's one Mexican too, but she's a bad teacher.

I didn't want to miss the opportunity to study a language for free, but I'm not sure why I chose Spanish. One reason is that there's always a lot of exchange students from Spain where I live, another would be that a lot of people in the world speak Spanish. I don't know, really.

The two recommended languages for students of humanities would be French and German, I probably should've picked either of them. Oh well...
How is it you study in Swedish? Is it your mother tongue or something? I didn't know it had such a great influence in Finland.I wish I could study in Swedish.
My father is Swedish-speaking and my parents put me in a Swedish school. Officially Swedish is my mother tongue, but my Finnish is stronger. I'm studying in Åbo Akademi - the only Swedish university in Finland - because I don't want to forget the language. It's only during the last years that I've really come to appreciate my bilingualism.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:17 pm

District 9. I liked it a lot more that I expected.

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:00 am

Gran Torino, I (unfortunately) hadn't heard a word about it so I didn't know what to expect. I still can't categorize it. In one word, I'd say it was awesome. :P

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Angels & Demons, good movie, much better than The Da Vinci Code! :)

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:21 pm

I just saw Star wars episode III again :) Was still good movie :wink:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:43 am

Saw V
Just wanted to watch it in order to understand the next one, which btw I'm going to watch next thursday :D. Pretty well, altoguh I still prefer the first one :?
|StratoFan Forever|

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:19 pm

ggonza43 wrote:Saw V
Just wanted to watch it in order to understand the next one, which btw I'm going to watch next thursday :D. Pretty well, altoguh I still prefer the first one :?
I liked episodes III-VI mostly. First one was bit lame and second is just moderate

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:27 pm

I have all Star Wars movies, but I prefer the old ones :)

May the Force be with You

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:15 am

Watched The Shining last night. Been a long time since I had seen it last. Great stuff.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:31 am

I want a review of Saw VI.......:)
What is the connection between Jigsaws dead baby son, and Cecil? What is Jigsaws ex wife hiding? Is Hoffman gonna get what he deserves? Is Amanda really Jigsaws daughter?

Thank you. ;)

Soap Opera of Horror. :D

Saw VII coming up next year :buh: in 3D.
Should be interesting.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I want a review of Saw VI.......:)
What is the connection between Jigsaws dead baby son, and Cecil? What is Jigsaws ex wife hiding? Is Hoffman gonna get what he deserves? Is Amanda really Jigsaws daughter?

Thank you. ;)

Soap Opera of Horror. :D

Saw VII coming up next year :buh: in 3D.
Should be interesting.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why have I read your comment BEG?!?!?! Now you told me almost the whole plot of Saw VI, and now it's going to be a Saw VII?! Oh man :(!!
|StratoFan Forever|

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 pm

The Bourne Ultimatum
Great final movie to end this trilogy :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Star Wars Ep IV A New Hope, is so good to watch this movies again :)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:57 pm

Bad Boys II.

Seriously, I think the producers spent the whole filming process yelling "more explosions! make them bigger! more gunfights! destroy more cars!" fun film, a bit tiring and over the top however. The bit where Martin Lawrence accidentally takes ecstasy was hilarious, though.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:52 pm

The Fly. Eeeeeeeeeeew yuck.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 am

6 Killers by Hepola Films, pretty awesome concidering it's made by couple of my band mates and their friends. :)

I recommend anyone living in Kemi checking the movie out.

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:25 pm

armour of god 2

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:37 am

I just saw Paranormal Activity. People say the footage is real... but is it? I remember a lot of people said The Blair Witch Project was real, which obviously was another hoax.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:56 am

I heard Hammer 6 was real :rotflmao1: :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:07 am

JAJAJAJAJA that movie was the scariest! Especially how JigHammer used the bowflex for sadistic purposes. :crazy2:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:40 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:JAJAJAJAJA that movie was the scariest! Especially how JigHammer used the bowflex for sadistic purposes. :crazy2:
JAJAJAJA in venezuela, I hear bowflex has replaced futbol as the official sport :)

Have you noticed that we have obsessions about things?
Microphalluses, nonnoms, hircines, bowflex? Its all just too funny :lol: :lol:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:01 am

:D I will express my great satisfaction over the A-family-return to the Forum. You were really missed by me and many more. The expression of conscious thoughts and ideas can float again and the Forum is freeee...The bowflex made us free...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:11 am

And we can get more interesting ideas such as saying the most ambitious and creative music is closer to formula than experimental.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:16 am

:? Yes of course we can say that-if we want to. And we are allowed to disagree if we want that. :wink:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:37 am

People are allowed to think what they want and be as crazy as they like.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Two British comedies:
The Boat That Rocked - about illegal radio station that transmitted rock'n'roll in 60s.
St. Trinian's - about a girl school, and use the term "school" loosely. :)

Both are very funny and highly recommended.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Master and Commander: Far Side of the World.

Really entertaining. Lots of suspense, action, and Russel Crowe and his mates blowing up French people (and getting blown up by them too).

Great stuff.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!