Recently seen movies

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Clash Of The Titans: If someone has seen the original movie, they'll sure get really amazed with this remake. The movie was OK; there are, in my opinion, plenty of other better mythological movies, but I think something like this has never been done before. Recomended :)
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Lurdi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 pm

The Book of Eli

User avatar
Just a Vampire
Sr. Member
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Colombia

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Just a Vampire » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:31 am

Revenge of the Nerds 1, on my pc hehe. In cinema, the last movie I saw was Alice in Wonderland, by Tim Burton. I guess he gave the story a more interesting twist, and I found it better than the original story in the book.
"now he knows his father betrays
now his wings turns to ashes to ashes his grave"

Iron Maiden: Fligth of Icarus

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:39 am

Just a Vampire wrote: In cinema, the last movie I saw was Alice in Wonderland, by Tim Burton. I guess he gave the story a more interesting twist, and I found it better than the original story in the book.
I really hope he does a remake of "Romeo and Juliet" next. That story REALLY needs a sex scene :roll: :roll:

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:10 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I really hope he does a remake of "Romeo and Juliet" next. That story REALLY needs a sex scene :roll: :roll:
You think? I guess with that it won't be "Romeo & Juliet" at all :?
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Lurdi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:51 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I really hope he does a remake of "Romeo and Juliet" next. That story REALLY needs a sex scene :roll: :roll:
You think? I guess with that it won't be "Romeo & Juliet" at all :?
I agree with you. Romeo and Juliet has nothing to do with it. There is a sex scene in the play but sex is not the kind of thing Shakespeare wanted to stress.
For sex you have many other films.

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Polaris » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:45 pm

AVATAR very beautiful movie, I love it :wink:


2012 this movie makes me laugh a lot, everything is so exaggerated :lol: I prefer the Day after tomorrow!


The Fourth Kind I hated it, looks much more like demonic possession than with alien abduction :roll:
This movie is a crap and is all FAKE, here it is the supposedly true Dr. Abigail Tyler:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2598903/

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Polaris wrote:2012 this movie makes me laugh a lot, everything is so exaggerated :lol: I prefer the Day after tomorrow!
+12093120301 :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Polaris » Sat May 01, 2010 8:08 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Polaris wrote:2012 this movie makes me laugh a lot, everything is so exaggerated :lol: I prefer the Day after tomorrow!
+12093120301 :lol:
The actors faces was the best thing on this movie too :lol: :lol: :lol:

I watched:

The Game Plan, cute movie, I like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, he's a nice guy!

Babylon A.D.
I like Vin Diesel but this film is confusing, I did not understand the ending, the girl was a "Virgin Mary" type of the future, but what was the purpose of the twins? It's a movie full of holes and without an end :roll:

Push, I love Chris Evans & Dakota Fanning, but the movie is so disappointing! :( :roll:

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ggonza43 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Polaris wrote:It's a movie full of holes and without an end :roll:
Permission to make a whole topic full of jokes about this quote :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Polaris » Thu May 06, 2010 8:19 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Polaris wrote:It's a movie full of holes and without an end :roll:
Permission to make a whole topic full of jokes about this quote :lol:
Why? Are you full of holes too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The last movie I watched was The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, very nice, I like it :wink:

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ggonza43 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Polaris wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Polaris wrote:It's a movie full of holes and without an end :roll:
Permission to make a whole topic full of jokes about this quote :lol:
Why? Are you full of holes too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The last movie I watched was The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, very nice, I like it :wink:
Talking about that, do you know when the next Narnia movie will be released?
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Polaris » Mon May 10, 2010 8:09 pm

ggonza43 wrote: Talking about that, do you know when the next Narnia movie will be released?
Nope, try google :wink:

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ggonza43 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Polaris wrote:
ggonza43 wrote: Talking about that, do you know when the next Narnia movie will be released?
Nope, try google :wink:
I did, that's why I asked. I've told before Google isn't my friend for this things :?
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Polaris » Fri May 14, 2010 9:09 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Polaris wrote:
ggonza43 wrote: Talking about that, do you know when the next Narnia movie will be released?
Nope, try google :wink:
I did, that's why I asked. I've told before Google isn't my friend for this things :?
Well I love Google :D

But I don't found any news about the next Narnia movie!? :?
Maybe will be release next year?

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Mormegil » Sat May 15, 2010 10:24 am

Polaris wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Polaris wrote:
ggonza43 wrote: Talking about that, do you know when the next Narnia movie will be released?
Nope, try google :wink:
I did, that's why I asked. I've told before Google isn't my friend for this things :?
Well I love Google :D

But I don't found any news about the next Narnia movie!? :?
Maybe will be release next year?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/
Says it's in post-production already and will be out this year.

User avatar
Carcass
Sr. Member
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Finland

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Carcass » Sat May 15, 2010 12:45 pm

I've been on an action film diet since watching INLAND EMPIRE couple of months ago.

Showdown in Little Tokyo is a gem.

finnlandia
Sr. Member
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Hungary,Tatabanya
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by finnlandia » Sun May 16, 2010 8:35 am

Avatar ! Very good film! :)

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon May 17, 2010 4:06 pm

SAW VI

Lets just say Jigsaw had a solution for the Healthcare debate. I have to say in a sense, I agree with him. :lol: Let the insurance scammers suffer what the lower class has to go through in terms of healthcare. And, I love it that 'ol Hoffman got a taste of his own medicine.

BTW, there is a SAW VII and SAW VIII coming up. ;)

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Lurdi » Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:SAW VI

Lets just say Jigsaw had a solution for the Healthcare debate. I have to say in a sense, I agree with him. :lol: Let the insurance scammers suffer what the lower class has to go through in terms of healthcare. And, I love it that 'ol Hoffman got a taste of his own medicine.

BTW, there is a SAW VII and SAW VIII coming up. ;)
Really!? I love the Saw movies!! But please, no spoilers! I have to watch the part VI yet, here in Spain it is censored, I'll have to watch it in O.V.
I especially like the message he transmits, deep down he's dead right.

User avatar
doc_holliday
Sr. Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:28 am
Location: montreal, canada

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by doc_holliday » Tue May 18, 2010 1:49 am

Lurdi wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:SAW VI

Lets just say Jigsaw had a solution for the Healthcare debate. I have to say in a sense, I agree with him. :lol: Let the insurance scammers suffer what the lower class has to go through in terms of healthcare. And, I love it that 'ol Hoffman got a taste of his own medicine.

BTW, there is a SAW VII and SAW VIII coming up. ;)
Really!? I love the Saw movies!! But please, no spoilers! I have to watch the part VI yet, here in Spain it is censored, I'll have to watch it in O.V.
I especially like the message he transmits, deep down he's dead right.
I really don't agree. it's just a movie, made for gore, not for philosophy.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 am

Lurdi wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:SAW VI

Lets just say Jigsaw had a solution for the Healthcare debate. I have to say in a sense, I agree with him. :lol: Let the insurance scammers suffer what the lower class has to go through in terms of healthcare. And, I love it that 'ol Hoffman got a taste of his own medicine.

BTW, there is a SAW VII and SAW VIII coming up. ;)
Really!? I love the Saw movies!! But please, no spoilers! I have to watch the part VI yet, here in Spain it is censored, I'll have to watch it in O.V.
I especially like the message he transmits, deep down he's dead right.
:oops: Sorry.
What is O.V. version? I saw the uncut version and I almost had to get a barf bag for the beginning, but afterwards the gore was no worse than the others.
Oh, I do not agree with Jigsaw's playing God, or killing people to make his point but he is right in that life is cause&effect. If you hurt someone in some way, or do something thats illegal or immoral, it will come home to roost in your own backyard. He just wants to do things his way. ;)

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Lurdi » Tue May 18, 2010 12:03 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Lurdi wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:SAW VI

Lets just say Jigsaw had a solution for the Healthcare debate. I have to say in a sense, I agree with him. :lol: Let the insurance scammers suffer what the lower class has to go through in terms of healthcare. And, I love it that 'ol Hoffman got a taste of his own medicine.

BTW, there is a SAW VII and SAW VIII coming up. ;)
Really!? I love the Saw movies!! But please, no spoilers! I have to watch the part VI yet, here in Spain it is censored, I'll have to watch it in O.V.
I especially like the message he transmits, deep down he's dead right.
:oops: Sorry.
What is O.V. version? I saw the uncut version and I almost had to get a barf bag for the beginning, but afterwards the gore was no worse than the others.
Oh, I do not agree with Jigsaw's playing God, or killing people to make his point but he is right in that life is cause&effect. If you hurt someone in some way, or do something thats illegal or immoral, it will come home to roost in your own backyard. He just wants to do things his way. ;)
It stands for original version.
Of course Jigsaw is a sadic, but you have to understand him, why he does what he does. Killing people is something unforgiveable, but it is a way to represent his message to the extreme, how people need something shocking and traumatic to happen in their lives to make a change and really appreciate their lives. There are people who pretend to commit suicide but in the end they are just trying to call someone's attention. He gives you a second opportunity to live, or to die, you choose...If you survive you'll see life from another perspective, if you die, well, that's what you were traying to do, but this time for real. In a way I share his point of view, people complain and complain and sometimes don't see there are good things in life, there are people who are in a better position than us but also in a worse one.

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ggonza43 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:07 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:BTW, there is a SAW VII and SAW VIII coming up. ;)
This then seems to have no end :lol: But I love Saw movies, so can't complain :)
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Polaris » Fri May 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Mormegil wrote: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/
Says it's in post-production already and will be out this year.
Thanks :)

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ggonza43 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Polaris wrote:
Mormegil wrote: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/
Says it's in post-production already and will be out this year.
Thanks :)
+1 :)
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Lurdi » Mon May 24, 2010 1:35 pm

-A Single Man
-Robin Hood
-Prince of Persia

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon May 24, 2010 3:17 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:BTW, there is a SAW VII and SAW VIII coming up. ;)
This then seems to have no end :lol: But I love Saw movies, so can't complain :)
From what I read SAW VII is going to be the survivors pitted against each other. (In each SAW there are a couple survivors that manage to make it through Jigsaw's crazy games). Shawn Patrick Flannery supposed to play some role in SAW VII. Since he has started playing baddies/serial killer in movies&TV shows I can only guess what he'd be doing in SAW. :D
What game is going to be next? A person's head cut off and see if they can drink through a straw? :err: Jigsaw&Hoffman are real sickos. :eek:

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by ggonza43 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:07 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:BTW, there is a SAW VII and SAW VIII coming up. ;)
This then seems to have no end :lol: But I love Saw movies, so can't complain :)
From what I read SAW VII is going to be the survivors pitted against each other. (In each SAW there are a couple survivors that manage to make it through Jigsaw's crazy games). Shawn Patrick Flannery supposed to play some role in SAW VII. Since he has started playing baddies/serial killer in movies&TV shows I can only guess what he'd be doing in SAW. :D
What game is going to be next? A person's head cut off and see if they can drink through a straw? :err: Jigsaw&Hoffman are real sickos. :eek:
Cool, and I'm still wondering how the hell the director has such an imagination to think of those sick games :)
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Polaris » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:40 pm

I watched:

Alice in Wonderland & I love it, Johnny Deep as always is great :D

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, very nice movie, is cool

Legion, is not so bad, I like Paul Bethany as Michael the archangel

Terminator Salvation I expected much more of Christian Bale as John Connor, Sam Worthington stole the scene in this movie

The Book of Eli this movie is so monotonous

Post Reply