Recently seen movies

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Elements
Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Elements » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:00 pm

Yeah, My Little Eye. More like My Little Snoozefest

Norda

Post by Norda » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:34 pm

I´ve seen SpiderMan on TV yesterday.. well I´ve already seen it before, so I guess there´s not much to say about it (I think you´ve all seen it, too..).
I liked it when I first saw it but now I just think it´s boring.. =P
~...Hate... I can't control it anymore,
see the red light more and more,
trapping you in destroying despite
by the red light in my eyes...!~

Taim

Post by Taim » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:43 pm

First half of Spiderman was funny, second half was boring and predictible as hell.
It was a match made in Hell, now the whole mountain burns...
... and everyman gets what no man deserves.

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

Daemon9623

Post by Daemon9623 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:52 pm

I'm watching The Mummy Returns right now, watched 25th Hour last night.
Passion is a poison laced with pleasure bitter sweet, one of many faces that hide deep beneath. Like a wind upon your face, you can't see it but you know it's there. When beauty shows its ugly face just be prepared. Passion burns like fire carried by the wind... the end of time... a time to begin.

Norda

Post by Norda » Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:49 am

Eeep The Mummy and The Mummy Returns were once two of my favourite films (well, LotR beat them all =P ). I already forgot about watching them again!.. Guess I have to.. ;)

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:09 am

One Hour Photo - I rented it yesterday with enormous expectations, and, well... it didn't quite meet them. The first hour of the movie was just great, thrilling, great acting and I just couldn't wait what's going to happen next. But then the ending was sort of flat, the end credits just appeared on the screen and I was sitting with my mouth open, "This was it?". Not a bad movie, but IMO the ending just didn't fit in with the rest of the movie.

Hm, I think I should rent The Shawshank Redemption as soon as possible, I haven't heard anyone saying anything negative about it.

Daemon9623

Post by Daemon9623 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:44 am

One Hour Photo was terrible... just terrible. I'm watching Cliffhanger now... also a bad movie =P
Watched The Matrix for maybe the millionth time today...
Passion is a poison laced with pleasure bitter sweet, one of many faces that hide deep beneath. Like a wind upon your face, you can't see it but you know it's there. When beauty shows its ugly face just be prepared. Passion burns like fire carried by the wind... the end of time... a time to begin.

Eerik

Post by Eerik » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:27 pm

As with the Wicker Man, this is a movie you have to see for yourself to realize it but I have to tell you that I haven´t laughed that much in a long while as while watching this! :)
Last edited by Eerik on Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ain´t gonna dream no more.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:27 am

Brazil - great movie, very unusual. Terry Gilliam is the director, so you can figure out what goes on in the movie :)
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

stratochick

Post by stratochick » Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:39 am

I saw Wrong Turn at the drive in last night. That was the worst movie I have ever seen....well, from what I watched it was. I left before it was over...I wasted 8 bucks on that piece of shit >=( and gas!
In the beginning it seems that a known face beyond having fun,
Which is why you write music in the first place,
Always moving, defining, and pushing forward the art that once created,
Looking to the right time to share it,
And then the headaches of criticism,
Senior advisors advising people above,
Twisting, distorting that which we love,
And never ending problems with money,
Holding you back,
Preventing progress,
I thought you only started 'cause it was fun.

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:00 pm

I saw Night Of The Living Dead yesterday, (old b&w horror movie, if anyone doesnt know ??? )
and it was surprisingly good. I like old horror movies, they have often quite intelligent storys, even though most of them arent really thrilling.

I liked this one, not a very good story (Radiation from space makes Dead to Zombies) but quite thrilling. =P
Delusions Of Grandeur

Elements

Post by Elements » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:14 pm

I wish we had drive-in cinemas in this country. Although we don't really have the climate for it. Not unless you like the whole rainstorm motif

StratoPummi

Post by StratoPummi » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:20 pm

I just saw Red Dragon.. "First" of the Hannibal-trilogy..

I liked it, best movie in a long time.. :)
PA-PE-RI-MASSAA
SUO-RAT HAMPAAT
LAI-HAN TY-TÖN VATSAA POLTTAA!

Taim

Post by Taim » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:21 pm

a little update from me:

The Man Who Wasn't There - Very good movie. There is nothing fascinatic here, but the way story goes and finishes sets this film apart from others. It's black and white and whole music in it is played only on piano. It's most depressive film I have ever watched. Very dark, very sad and everything is going for worst as plot advances. Recomended.

Matrix Reloaded (second time) - It wasn't that great as when I watched it for the first time. Still I enjoyed it.

Shipping News - Not bad and not great either. Typical, well made dramat. No action, but the story is not that bad. Unfortunately after 20 min you already guess how the film will end.

The Transporter - Gosh, what a piece of shit. I watched it only because of Jason Stathman, which I knew from great role in Snatch. Although he acts quite good, I am surprised he agreed to play in this shit movie. There is nothing to say about it, except it's very stupid action/plotless/fighting movie. Worst French film I have ever seen.

Big Lebowski - although I watched it before, it was so long ago I didn't remember it well. And now once again, this movie ruled. Grear acting, great comedym, good plot. And whole feeling. One of the best films I've ever seen

Black Cat, White Cat - A big disapointment from Emir Kustorica. I expected something better after seeing his Arizona Dream. Ok, maybe from the director point of view this film is well made, but story is very typical, all comedy scenes were boring, already seen in thousands other movies. The only difference is that it's not American and the scenerie is quite unusual. Still I didn't enjoy it too much.

Mulholland Drive (second time) -A masterpiece. I love it. It's perfect. Now the plot was more understandable, I think I got what the story was really about (after few discussions with friends about it). And still there are some scenes, which I have to guess the meaning of. But even if the plot seems hard to understand, this film still catches your attention and makes you think about it next few days. Only sometimes I got feeling that Lynch is makeing a laugh of us putting there scenes and events that have nothing to do with the plot. Anyway I think Mulholland Drive is worth watching even only for great mood it creates.

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

Daemon9623

Post by Daemon9623 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:02 pm

T3: I dunno... It was alright, but they didn't explain a whole lot... not nearly as much detail as Terminator and T2, it looked very good though, and the action scenes were good. Arnold kinda acted too much... too much emotion when he's supposed to be a damn machine. I will say that I liked it, and it's not without its humor and drama so it aint just an action movie (as any real Terminator fan would know). A little disappointing but I wasn't really expecting all that much.

The Italian Job: Fun movie, very fun movie just as long as you don't take it that seriously. I definitely recommend it.

stratochick

Re: Re: Recently seen movies

Post by stratochick » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:08 pm

Taim wrote:
a little update from me:

Big Lebowski - although I watched it before, it was so long ago I didn't remember it well. And now once again, this movie ruled. Grear acting, great comedym, good plot. And whole feeling. One of the best films I've ever seen
That is one of my favorite movies! :D
In the beginning it seems that a known face beyond having fun,
Which is why you write music in the first place,
Always moving, defining, and pushing forward the art that once created,
Looking to the right time to share it,
And then the headaches of criticism,
Senior advisors advising people above,
Twisting, distorting that which we love,
And never ending problems with money,
Holding you back,
Preventing progress,
I thought you only started 'cause it was fun.

Elements

Post by Elements » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:18 pm

Daemon9623 wrote:
T3: I dunno... It was alright, but they didn't explain a whole lot... not nearly as much detail as Terminator and T2, it looked very good though, and the action scenes were good. Arnold kinda acted too much... too much emotion when he's supposed to be a damn machine. I will say that I liked it, and it's not without its humor and drama so it aint just an action movie (as any real Terminator fan would know). A little disappointing but I wasn't really expecting all that much.

The Italian Job: Fun movie, very fun movie just as long as you don't take it that seriously. I definitely recommend it.
Hey no spoilers, it isn't out here yet.

Daemon9623

Post by Daemon9623 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:00 am

Heeey I didn't spoil anything... just lettin' y'all know so you don't get incredibly psyched for it.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:28 am

"Black Cat, White Cat - A big disapointment from Emir Kustorica. I expected something better after seeing his Arizona Dream. Ok, maybe from the director point of view this film is well made, but story is very typical, all comedy scenes were boring, already seen in thousands other movies. The only difference is that it's not American and the scenerie is quite unusual. Still I didn't enjoy it too much."

It's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Just looking at the faces of the actors is enough to roll on the floor :)

Try The Time Of Gypsies (I think it's the right name) and Underground - those 2 much more serious movies, masterpieces.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:29 am

Twilightsymphony wrote:
I saw Night Of The Living Dead yesterday, (old b&w horror movie, if anyone doesnt know ??? )
and it was surprisingly good. I like old horror movies, they have often quite intelligent storys, even though most of them arent really thrilling.

I liked this one, not a very good story (Radiation from space makes Dead to Zombies) but quite thrilling. =P
It's an absolute classic of gore horror movies! I saw it may be 10 times and each time it was great! I also loved the ending, I like bad endings in general ...

Taim

Re: Re: Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Taim » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 am

Elements wrote:
Hey no spoilers, it isn't out here yet.
Actually what is the European opening date for T3? 8th of August for all countries or is it earlier somewhere?

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

Elements

Post by Elements » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:21 am

Last edited by Elements on Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daemon9623

Post by Daemon9623 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:57 am

Night of the Living Dead = One of the greatest movies ever made, period.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:01 pm

Daemon9623 wrote:
Night of the Living Dead = One of the greatest movies ever made, period.
True. It's the best example of how to make a masterpiece movie with minimum of money and unknown actors.

aoye

Post by aoye » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:36 pm

The Blair Witch Project: Second time I saw it, but it still is a good movie.
Anyone seen The Blair Witch Project2 btw? Is it worth watching or will it be a dissapointment as too often with succesors of great movies?

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:48 pm

I didn't liked BWP much, I expected much more from this movie. BWP 2 is a piece of crap, don't get close to it under any circumstances.

Elements

Post by Elements » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:10 pm

Blair Witch 2 is horrible. Don't waste your time or money.

Norda

Post by Norda » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:17 pm

I didn´t like BlairWithProject either..
I´ve just seen Vidocq (no clue if you know that..) but I fell asleep after around 30 mins :(
I´ve already seen it before.. it takes place in France and someone (Gerárd Depardieu) gets killed by someone called "The Alchemist".. they try to find out why, who etc... killed him. I especially like the fighting scenes.. I can´t remember the whole film though.. but I think it was quite nice ;)

Elements

Post by Elements » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:21 pm

Gerárd Depardieu > God

Norda

Post by Norda » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:25 pm

Did I write his name correctly?! Unbelievable!! :D