Recently seen movies

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
adrian9
Re: Recently seen movies

Post by adrian9 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:43 pm

went to the "superman: man of steel" premiere (like a month ago) to me is up there in the olympus of super hero movies , way better than superman returns.
A9

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Didn't like it, or hated it.

It's the first movie of surely a trilogy. The sequel will be much much better.

This, however, is the olympus of super hero movie.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:26 pm

THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS

In my opinion, a really good action, martial arts movie.However, I have some advice and a question: stay away from brothels called Pink Blossom, and how in the hell did that guy use the bathroom? ???

Also, Russell Crowe is great at using giant multi-use tools! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:55 pm

There's a lot of mortal kombat references in that movie.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:13 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:There's a lot of mortal kombat references in that movie.
Finnish Hymn!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:53 am

THE AVENGERS

All these cool super heroes together in one movie, it was terrific! But, Tom Hiddleston was alot nicer and alot funnier when he played King Henry V in The Hollow Crown. :err: Of course, Loki is supposed to be a goofy asshole. :lol:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:00 am

a couple I just saw

the intership, a comedy with owen wilson a vince vaugh, its ok, a few laughs, not for doom metal heads.

this is the end, with seth rogen, james franco, noah..that dude, and other famous dudes, its awesome here is a cool scene.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/bGLk8BZ4Wqk?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/bGLk8BZ4Wqk?version=3&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

and my personal favorite is Gravity by alfonso cuaron, mind blowing stuff, if you are into movies, for a casual movie goer, is not that great.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Mi9BMx8C9LI?hl=es_ES& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Mi9BMx8C9LI?hl=es_ES&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
go see that flick
A9

Morning Star

Post by Morning Star » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 am

I just watched ''Insidious :chapter 2''...Nice plot and scenography, but i really expected it to be more scary!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:09 pm

ARN, THE KNIGHT TEMPLAR
A good movie about a medieval Swedish guy(Arn Magnusson)who gets a woman pregnant and he is sent to Jerusalem during the Crusades as punishment. This is a rather long story(based on a 4-book book series)so, I won't go into detail. This story reminds me somewhat of Kingdom of Heaven, but the character Arn actually becomes friends with Saladin, and during the Battle of Hattian Saladin saves Arn's life. I saw the International version which is a blend of the two movies made of this incredible story. Although Arn is fictional many true historical people are used to tell the story.I enjoyed this movie very much.

HANNA
An interesting movie about Hanna, a girl who was raised in the Finnish wilderness by CIA to be a pawn, a secret weapon of sorts. She breaks free and in her journeys discovers many secrets have been hidden from here, and her life is not as it seems. Following her is an assassin(played by Cate Blanchett)who knows Hanna's power, and wants to do away with the teenager before her talents are put to use by espionage. Great scenery, especially the Finnish forests, and ice&snow.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:32 am

adrian9 wrote:and my personal favorite is Gravity by alfonso cuaron, mind blowing stuff, if you are into movies, for a casual movie goer, is not that great.
Just saw it too and liked it a lot. Tensest movie I've seen in a while.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:57 am

Saw a lot of stuff recently:

Gravity- Fantastic graphics, so-so story but it was still great. (Although my parents think it sucks, makes me sad...) I'd say if you're a person looking for big time character depth...not really so much for you there, it's just Sandra Bullock's character mainly just trying to survive. Can't say I'd suggest it THAT much but if you're really like space films, it'll be worth your time. But there's definitely other stuff out there more worthwhile.

Captain Phillips- Probably my favorite movie that I've seen recently. Tom Hanks did a really great job, great story, had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. And it's a true story too, so that makes it even better. There was a LOT of yelling though and intensity, it's almost frightening. The movie is straightforward as it can be, so there's no sidetracking of any sort. It's intense, it's touching, it's sad, it's wonderful, go see it.

Thor 2: The Dark World- Now, if you adore Marvel (and Loki) as much as I do, you'll love the movie no matter what (that's pretty much how I feel about the movie) The antagonist and his role in the film is a little fuzzy (not to mention, not paid attention to much) but the animation was fantastic, as always. Odin hasn't changed much, neither has Heimdal (or however you spell it). Darcy is still her rather empty headed self, Erik Selvig seems a bit changed but in a funny way (you have to watch to find out). The whole Jane Foster+Thor relationship thing is still all golden and good (but a little bit corny at times to me...) and of course (best man for last) Loki is still his complex, goofy asshole self. Pretty good film over all.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 pm

If Loki wasn't so good looking he wouldn't get away with all his shit.Female point of view there! :oops: :twisted: But, moving right along........Seriously, Thor was the #1 movie in the USA this weekend. I liked the first one, I'll just wait for the DVD on this one. Oh, was Colm Feore in this one?(Loki's real Father, I mean the character, not Colm himself, lol)Colm does a great villain in anything he plays.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Haha, very true! Although I find it rather funny that Loki has an army of fan girls that seem to be mentioned in almost any place you'd find Loki on the internet but...no mention of Thor's fangirls. (Loki stole his thunder, lol.)

Colm Feore? You mean Laufey? No, he wasn't. Although I wish they could've developed the father-son relationship a bit more...after all, Laufey was never killed in the first film or really brought up much at all...
browneyedgirl wrote:If Loki wasn't so good looking he wouldn't get away with all his shit.Female point of view there! :oops: :twisted: But, moving right along........Seriously, Thor was the #1 movie in the USA this weekend. I liked the first one, I'll just wait for the DVD on this one. Oh, was Colm Feore in this one?(Loki's real Father, I mean the character, not Colm himself, lol)Colm does a great villain in anything he plays.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:06 am

Southern_Cross wrote:Haha, very true! Although I find it rather funny that Loki has an army of fan girls that seem to be mentioned in almost any place you'd find Loki on the internet but...no mention of Thor's fangirls. (Loki stole his thunder, lol.

browneyedgirl wrote:If Loki wasn't so good looking he wouldn't get away with all his shit.Female point of view there! :oops: :twisted:
[/quote]

Well, females tend to be attracted to the "bad boys". 8) But, Chris Hemsworth is not chopped liver himself--what am I saying, Thor is very good-looking. So, I think you do have the bad guy is forbidden fruit thing in play there. :wink:
Oh, who cares? It was a good movie with great actors, and it seems most people who saw the movie liked it! :funhi: However, I'm sure it helps with the females that there are two attractive guys who star in it. :oops:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:00 am

True, Thor is pretty good looking himself but I must say, who can resist the god of mischief? I mean, Thor being a hero and all is great, good morals there but come on! Where's the fun?
browneyedgirl wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:Haha, very true! Although I find it rather funny that Loki has an army of fan girls that seem to be mentioned in almost any place you'd find Loki on the internet but...no mention of Thor's fangirls. (Loki stole his thunder, lol.

browneyedgirl wrote:If Loki wasn't so good looking he wouldn't get away with all his shit.Female point of view there! :oops: :twisted:
Well, females tend to be attracted to the "bad boys". 8) But, Chris Hemsworth is not chopped liver himself--what am I saying, Thor is very good-looking. So, I think you do have the bad guy is forbidden fruit thing in play there. :wink:
Oh, who cares? It was a good movie with great actors, and it seems most people who saw the movie liked it! :funhi: However, I'm sure it helps with the females that there are two attractive guys who star in it. :oops:[/quote]

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:13 pm

True, Thor is pretty good looking himself but I must say, who can resist the god of mischief? I mean, Thor being a hero and all is great, good morals there but come on! Where's the fun?
:lol: That's true. Maybe Loki and Ivy(Scarlett Johannson) can have a romance--that would be hot! 8)

Talk about fangirls, I think all teen girls go through that rebellious stage where they go for the wild and crazy guys and cause their parents to go insane with worry. :lol: I know I did. I think every teen girl has to go through one "Loki" in her life(figurtively speaking)to be normal. :lol:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:33 pm

I've read a few fan fictions involving Loki and Scarlett Johannson. They're pretty entertaining, Loki teases her and she threatens to kill him every 2 minutes. :)

Haha, agreed! Considering I am still a teenager, I can admit that that's rather true.
browneyedgirl wrote:
:lol: That's true. Maybe Loki and Ivy(Scarlett Johannson) can have a romance--that would be hot! 8)

Talk about fangirls, I think all teen girls go through that rebellious stage where they go for the wild and crazy guys and cause their parents to go insane with worry. :lol: I know I did. I think every teen girl has to go through one "Loki" in her life(figurtively speaking)to be normal. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:51 am

I watched Thor 2. Better than the first one, imo. The part with Captain America made me :lol:

I can't wait for Anchorman 2. I have yet to watch Gravity. So many good movies, so little time! :shock:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 am

Agreed 110%. And that Captain America scene was priceless.

Gravity is so-so to me but it's not total crap either. Anchorman 2 is one I want to see.
NeverendingAbyss wrote:I watched Thor 2. Better than the first one, imo. The part with Captain America made me :lol:

I can't wait for Anchorman 2. I have yet to watch Gravity. So many good movies, so little time! :shock: