The FOOD Topic! :yum:

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

What foreign Food do you like best?

Italian
30%
Chinese/Oriental
19%
Mexican/Latin American
9%
Ameican(USA)Junk Food
13%
Greek
No votes
Scandinavian(Finnish,Swedish,Norwegian)
9%
Other
21%

Total votes: 47

browneyedgirl

The FOOD Topic! :yum:

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:15 pm

The way to a man's Heart......hehehe
Seriously, we all need this stuff to live, its interesting to talk about&look at, Yet, there is no topic about this wonderful stuff. Namely, FOOD! :jump:

What do you like to eat, what turns you off&are you a good cook?
Also, any recipes are Welcomed! :D

I like foreign food such as Mexican, Chinese&Italian-namely, buritoes, Tacos, Nachos&Chili. Stir-Fry is one of my favs&I enjoy munching on Chinese Noodles. Lasagna, Spaghetti&Ravioli are great but very fattening! I love Pizza sometimes with Mushrooms, Olives&Canadian Bacon&Extra Cheese!
I am a fan of Seafood&Catfish&Fried Chicken. Baked Potatoes I enjoy, too. Hamburgers, Steaks,&hotdogs are seasonal indulgences,usually cooked out on Grill.

Mostly, I eat Stews&soups&salads, with some Southern speciaties like fried okra, cornbread, pinto eans&turnip greens. I am not much of a Sweets eater, but will have ice Cream sometimes&mini Tootsie Rolls or Tootsie roll pops. I like Jelly beans. Also, Fruitcake at X-Mas&Pumpkin or Pecan pie at Thanksgiving.
Carbs like Chips&Dips, Snack crackers, cereals, are more of a bane/temptation to me---I can sit down and eat a whole box of Cheese Nips, or bag of doritoes--they are soooooooooo good! :jump:

I can cook pretty good--not a gormet but, OK---my ex, after we married went fom 220 to 260 in jst a few months if thats an indication.....and we were doing lots of Strenuous&very often Exercise! ;) :kiss2: Seriously, my specialties include Meatloaf, Porcupine Meatballs&Rice,Chicken stirFry, Homemade Lasagna, Chili, Beef Stew,Spaghetti&Meatballs, Stuffed Green Peppers, Chicken Pot Pie, fruitcake, Chocolate Pie&Lemon meringue Pie, Etc. Casseroles, too I can do OK, epecially greenbean&onion cassrole--its easy....I may include the recipe later.

If you wish, write down a recipe from your own Country or Colection.

Bon Appetit! :) :yum:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Shurik

Re: The FOOD Topic! :yum:

Post by Shurik » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:31 pm

Nothing beats good falafel or shawarma :)
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Taim

Post by Taim » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:09 pm

I think I like that junk food most, if you mean hamburgers etc by that. Who cares if it's not healthy when I'm hungry :D

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:09 am

Give me Chinese food any day! :D

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:15 am

When I'm hungry I'll eat (almost) anything :D
Like the Phoenix I rise...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:30 am

Actually, no food turns me off to the point I will not eat it at all.(I even like Liver!) Except fatty fried stuff. I use very little oil when frying&will use paper towels to soak/blot up the excess. Just think what that grease does to your circulatory&digestive systems. :yuk: Disgusting! :sick:

I love fried Eggplant, but rarely cook it because that vegetable soaks up oil like a sponge when cooked. I tried a diet Lasagna using eggplant instead of noodles&it was palatable/edible, but of course not like the real thing!
I love raw figs right off the tree for a snack---I have two trees that bears lots of figs every summer. I have canned a few pints of Fig preserves.Also, my Bartlett pear tree bears quite heavily every year&I was able to can 12 pints of pear preserves.Yes, bought preserves are cheaper&less trouble, but homemade is always the best!

I have 3 chestnut trees that bore nuts the first time this year! I have a gallon bucket full&we eat them for snacks. I wish I knew other ways to prepare them.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:49 pm

I not only use my cooktop, oven, &microwave to cook, I also use a Crockpot(Slow cooker)and a Pressure Pan&a Wok.

Green Bean Casserole(an Easy Classic)
Mix: 2-15oz. cans of French Cut Green beans, drained
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup diluted with 1/4 cup milk(mix well)
3/4 can French fried Onions(save rest to sprinkle on top)
Bake in 325 degree Oven for 20 min in a buttered Casserole dish.
Sprinkle rest of onions on top&bake 5 more minutes. Makes 5 servings for Regular people, or 2 servings for Husky big eaters! :lol:

Thanksgiving would not be the same without this very simple, but delicious side dish. 1 small can drained, sliced Mushrooms may be added, if desired.

gon

Post by gon » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:59 pm

spanish food, ladies and gentlemen... top quality ingredients, best vegetables, excellent wines , marvellous meats, and of course, to have a good meal is REALLY IMPORTANT to be with good people....

BEG, at what time must we are at your house for dinner? :P
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:21 pm

Sherry, how could you create a poll about good food, without even mentionning french food and russian food ? But I can understand your lack in good food, you're an american ;)

I think french food is great.
snails and frogs are really good, even though people think we are crazy to eat those stuffs.
If you eat snails with a good sauce, good bread and french red wine, then you can expect one *wonderful* dinner !

Russian food is also extremely good. Muuuch better than what people could ever imagine !
Those babouchka (russian grandmother) make extremely great soap, purée and salads !

Otherwise, I have to admit that italian food is simply the best.
<b>This is wrong</b>

gon

Post by gon » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:32 pm

cliff wrote:Sherry, how could you create a poll about good food, without even mentionning french food and russian food ? But I can understand your lack in good food, you're an american ;)

snails and frogs are really good, even though people think we are crazy to eat those stuffs.
If you eat snails with a good sauce, good bread and french red wine, then you can expect one *wonderful* dinner !

Russian food is also extremely good. Muuuch better than what people could ever imagine !
Those babouchka (russian grandmother) make extremely great soap, purée and salads !

Agree with you about american ( and english) lack of taste! :lol:

But relating to italian food, I simply disagree. At last, italian food is on the same level as french or spanish... it ´s your taste.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:23 pm

cliff wrote:Sherry, how could you create a poll about good food, without even mentionning french food and russian food ? But I can understand your lack in good food, you're an american ;)

I like Frog legs--they are a Southern delicacy--tastes like-er-Chicken. And fish eggs are good, except they are hard to cook. I guess thats why they are eaten raw(caviar). Never have eaten snails---I guess since I have ate raw oysters, I could eat those, too! Plus, I like Chitterlings but they are loaded with fat, so once a year is enough to eat those things!
If a woman can swallow raw egg whites, she can eat just about anything!:red: :oops: :lol: ;) Right, Cliff? ;)

Yes, us Americans don't eat healthy at all. Junk food is a way of life, which is why so much heart disease&cancer in USA.

Btw, Cliff, how do you all eat snails ??? Do you suck them out of the shells, or dig them out with a little fork? ??? Those are really big snails,too, aren't they? Escarcole--is that how its spelled?
Are they boiled, steamed, or raw?

Anyone here besides me like Pickled Pigs feet, and Organ meats like Liver, Heart, Tongue&brains?
I told you I could swallow&eat just about anything! :D
*Maybe I could be on that contest on NBC&win lots of money!!! =P I never have tried a ground up maggot milkshake, or cow eyeballs before!:yuk: :sick: :puke: But, for a million dollars, Why not! :lol: :shake: NO WAY!!!

metalmaiden

Post by metalmaiden » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:38 pm

I like Thai. Pad See Ew! Awesome!!

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:15 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: If a woman can swallow raw egg whites, she can eat just about anything!:red: :oops: :lol: ;) Right, Cliff? ;)
I dunno, cause I have never swallow raw egg whites. I cannot even swallow pills. I'm not a expert in swallowing everything like You are, my dear ;)
Btw, Cliff, how do you all eat snails ??? Do you suck them out of the shells, or dig them out with a little fork? ??? Those are really big snails,too, aren't they? Escarcole--is that how its spelled?
Are they boiled, steamed, or raw?
It's better to eat little ones. Big ones (i don't remember the name, sorry) don't really taste good.
You have to put them alive in a kind of pot with oil. Then, u put the pot in the "fire" (sorry i know nothing about cooking words). The heat kill them.
It's a bit strange, because they alwasy try to escape from the pot so some are dead in the top of it. It's better to eat them with bread. You have to use some little forks and get the snail out from his shell. But you need to be careful, there is a black part in the extrem part of the snail that you have to cut. I guess u have a little idea about what it is. If u eat it, then u can feel REALLY sick and it can cause u disgust of snails forever ;)
I know what u all might think. French are weird. that's true :D
<b>This is wrong</b>

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:17 am

Oh, thats kinda like Crayfish---you have to boil a whole lot of them in a big pot of water with butter. Sounds kinda cruel---but, crayfish are like little Lobsters&delicious. It just takes time to go to a stream/brook of water&find them fresh.(Watercress, too!) My ex&I ate them a few times while we were married. I don't have time to fish/hunt for them anymore. Us rednecks eat lots of things normal people don't! :rotflmao2: :D

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:35 am

HAHA, I love that American is "Junk food." Totally true! :lol:

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:29 pm

iron_thunder wrote:HAHA, I love that American is "Junk food." Totally true! :lol:
Actually I wouldn't even call this "food" :lol:
BTW, do you know what is a cook in USA ?
It's someone who is able to open boxes and use microwave :wink:
<b>This is wrong</b>

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:04 pm

cliff wrote:
iron_thunder wrote:HAHA, I love that American is "Junk food." Totally true! :lol:
Actually I wouldn't even call this "food" :lol:
BTW, do you know what is a cook in USA ?
It's someone who is able to open boxes and use microwave :wink:

.............and drive to McDonald's! =P

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:27 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: .............and drive to McDonald's! =P
or call a Pizza delivery service :wink:
<b>This is wrong</b>

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:28 pm

Out of those i seem to prefer italian food, as they have a wide range of different stuff and it all tastes pretty good, but i also like .. well, most other stuff, but there are very nice possibilities from many countries, so i wont necessarily limit myself to one country ;)

I dont really like fastfood though, just sometimes, but its nothing i would eat to fulfil biological necessities ;)
Delusions Of Grandeur

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:27 pm

I voted chinese/oriëntal. My favorit is Indonesian. Nice and spicy :pissed2:(I'm not pissed, but this was the best emoticon to go with :D )
With great power, there must also come great responsibility! (Peter Parker)

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:31 pm

As a culinarist, I'm open to try all kinds of food everywhere. I really love French cuisine, that's my favorite for the moment. Haggish is also good (much better than it sounds).

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:11 pm

japanesse and italian

also paraguayan and pakistani food

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:36 am

BEST Chocolate COOKIES EVER!!!!!

In a sauce pan Mix: 2 Cups SUGAR, 1/4 CUP COCOA, 1/2 Cup MILK,1 Stick Melted MARARINE,&1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla, Mix Well. Bring to a rolling boil&Boil 1 Minute. Take off Heat&add 1/2 Cup PEANUT BUTTER, stir until melted,& add 2-2 1/2 Cups Quick Oats. Mix very well&Drop by Spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let Cool. Peel off wax paper&store in refrigerator in covered container. Makes 24-30 Cookies/Candies.

When I was pregnant with my son I craved Chocolate, so one day I made&ate a whole batch of these things! :D :yum:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:20 am

Food is not only used to nourish the body, but also to ake it prettier! =P
1. A HAIR CONDITIONER which works wondrs: Mix 1 beaten egg, 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise, 1 Tablespon Olive oil, a bit of ground Sage. Mix thoughly and put on either damp or dry hair. Wrap in a towel wet&wrung out with hot water. After 30 minutes, rinse&Shampoo.
2. FACIAL MASKS: Beat 1 egg White-leave on face 15 minutes&rinse. OR, Use honey.
3. Sliced cucumbes, pototoes, or used tea bags can be placed on closed eyelids 15 minutes to rlieve puffines.
4. 1/4 Cup vinegarOR Lemon Juice can be mixed with Water for a final Hair Rinse.Don't rinse out! Makes the hair Shine! Also, Boil 2 Tablespoons dried powdered SAGE or crumbled ROSEMARY in 6 cups water-simmer 10 min. Let cool. Strain&use as Final Rinse.Do not Rinse out! Gives hair more Volume.
5.Use oats, or cornmeal mixed into a paste to use as a Facial Scrub.
6. Puree 1/2 a Peeled Avacao in a Blende to use as a moisturizing Facial Mask. leave on 15 minutes, then rinse.
7. Use 12oz can of room temperature BEER as a Final hair rinse. DO NOT rinse out. It seems it DOES make the hair thicker.
8. Put Lemon Juice on Hair, then sit in Sun. Lightens the hair, but do not do this too often, or the hair will tend to get dry&frizzy.
9. Soak cuticles in warm Olive oil to soften them before a manicure. ALSO, soaking the nails in Pure lemon juce(straight fom a Lemon)will remove cigarette stains fom nails, or just make them lighter.
10. Baking Soda DOES whiten teeth-use at least once a day.

There are many more, but these I can vouch for. They really work! They are entirely natural-no fancy ingredients&no fancy price!

gon

Post by gon » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:37 pm

The best pizza I´ve ever had was in.... Prague!!

And the worst.... in Venezia!!

Seems strange, eh? but it is true....

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:14 pm

Ther is a theory that whatever food a woman eats the most of when she conceives dtemines the Sexof the child. Something about the enzymes in the particular food makes the womans reproductive system more hospitable to a certain type of Sperm: X=Girl Y=Boy

When a woman eats lots of MEAT&VEGETABLES, shes more likely to have Boy.
FRUIT&DAIRY PRODUCTS, more likely a Girl.

My Ex was a MEAT&POTATOES Guy, so I had a Boy.....worked there! =P

gon

Post by gon » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:03 am

My girlfriend/wife/sweet dream/nightmare is a really talented cooker. I will ask her to give me the details of some pretty typical spanish courses, as I see you are really interested in this subject BEG. If you like, of course!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:23 pm

I wonder what the StratoGuys like to Eat? Let's see:
TT: Tuna on Tacoes?:lol: Nah, Tuna is for Cats! :D ;) Seriously, Italian Food, maybe.... oriental food, and I bet he has a Sweet Tooth, because on Infinite Visions there was a Scene where TT was eating Doritoes&Oreos. Not at the same time, though.

TK: As healthy as he looks, probably Salad, Pasta, Stir fry&Fruits. And, Iced Tea.

JENS: I bet he's a good cook himself who enjoys fixing, as well as eating Italian, Chicken&Seafood dishes. Anything cooked in Garlic and/or Wine! :)

JORG: I bet he is a Meat&Potatoes man(most married guys are)who also enjoys Milk, and vegetables.

JARI: BEER! And, seafood&junk food ala Kentucky Fried chicken&Long John Silver!

My guess is all the StratoGuys like Mexican&Chinese Food to some extent. ;)

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:04 am

Ph&#7903; is my absolute favorite ethnic food.

Falafel is a close second.

Phad Thai is up there on the charts as well.
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

gon

Post by gon » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:08 pm

I likes shawarmas a lot!