Just a little message...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Just a little message...

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:00 pm

to say that NO, I am not dead, the surgery I got (for some problem in the brain, too long to explain) went OK but not exactly as planned, with the result that it will take me a little more time to recover (at the moment I can barely eat and walk an cannot hear at all). So that's it, I will come here as often as I can, and I have only one thing to say to you guys (and girls) who are lucky enough to hear normally : STAY METAL !! \m/
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:44 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:to say that NO, I am not dead, the surgery I got (for some problem in the brain, too long to explain) went OK but not exactly as planned, with the result that it will take me a little more time to recover (at the moment I can barely eat and walk an cannot hear at all). So that's it, I will come here as often as I can, and I have only one thing to say to you guys (and girls) who are lucky enough to hear normally : STAY METAL !! \m/
:omg: Why didn't you tell us! Now I'll be worried. :( I was wondering what happened to you--if you posted about the surgury, I must've missed it! :(
Well, I'll pray for you. I don't think God listens to me anymore, but I'll try. :~(
Just take care of yourself, get strong&we will keep the flame burning for you! :rvd:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:54 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:to say that NO, I am not dead, the surgery I got (for some problem in the brain, too long to explain) went OK but not exactly as planned, with the result that it will take me a little more time to recover (at the moment I can barely eat and walk an cannot hear at all). So that's it, I will come here as often as I can, and I have only one thing to say to you guys (and girls) who are lucky enough to hear normally : STAY METAL !! \m/
:omg: Why didn't you tell us! Now I'll be worried. :( I was wondering what happened to you--if you posted about the surgury, I must've missed it! :(
Well, I'll pray for you. I don't think God listens to me anymore, but I'll try. :~(
Just take care of yourself, get strong&we will keep the flame burning for you! :rvd:
I didn't tell you because I couldn't connect 'till now. And yes, I told about the surgery but I didn't create a new topic for it, I used htcdude's one where he said he left for Africa. Anyway, there's nothing toworry about, I will have 3 or 4 other surgeries but they will be far easier than this one (the doctor told me it was 10 hours long and one of the most difficullt he had done) but I hope the walking to go back well in 2 or 3 months and perhaps the hearing by next summer. Anyway, I'm MUCH better now than two weeks ago, I couldn't even leave my bed :p
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
neonlightchild
Sr. Member
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:58 am
Location: Mexico City
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by neonlightchild » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:44 pm

but how come? i mean...damn, what did you have?
Anyway, cheer up my friend, i am pretty sure you'll get better and better.

P.S. So far, you are not missing anything good to hear, believe me :)
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

User avatar
Twilight Legionnaire
Sr. Member
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:44 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:53 pm

Eh mate, that's pretty awful. Hang on tight there, we're with you :)
perkele

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:41 pm

Damn, and you can't listen to the new stuff of Strato. :( :( :( I hope, that you recover soon. And I hope to see you post here often too, and tell us about your health.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
Elazul
Sr. Member
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:39 pm
Location: Germania

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Elazul » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:52 pm

Get well soon fellow Metal-Brother :) Soon you can hear the ultimate music again !

User avatar
Neorave
Sr. Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:41 am
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Neorave » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:35 pm

neonlightchild wrote:but how come? i mean...damn, what did you have?
Yeah, what the crap did you have? I know one of my friends has a tumor inside his pituitary gland (yes, INSIDE), and so far he's recovering well from what I hear. But that's too off topic.

I will keep you in my prayers, my friend. I hope that God will help you through the recovery process.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

User avatar
Shurik
Sr. Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:17 am
Location: Satellite Of Love
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Shurik » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:15 pm

Get well soon and get your hearing back ... The life is not the same without music ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: Just a little message...

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:34 pm

Damn i did not know... i hope you get 100% again as soon as possible... damn... :?
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Patricia
Sr. Member
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Patricia » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:41 pm

Welcome back MafiaBoy, and i hope you'll recover as soon as possible! You've to listen to the new Strato album!
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

User avatar
Warrior of Hell
Sr. Member
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:37 am
Location: Lohnsfeld / Germany
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Warrior of Hell » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:01 am

MaFiaBoY wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:to say that NO, I am not dead, the surgery I got (for some problem in the brain, too long to explain) went OK but not exactly as planned, with the result that it will take me a little more time to recover (at the moment I can barely eat and walk an cannot hear at all). So that's it, I will come here as often as I can, and I have only one thing to say to you guys (and girls) who are lucky enough to hear normally : STAY METAL !! \m/
:omg: Why didn't you tell us! Now I'll be worried. :( I was wondering what happened to you--if you posted about the surgury, I must've missed it! :(
Well, I'll pray for you. I don't think God listens to me anymore, but I'll try. :~(
Just take care of yourself, get strong&we will keep the flame burning for you! :rvd:
I didn't tell you because I couldn't connect 'till now. And yes, I told about the surgery but I didn't create a new topic for it, I used htcdude's one where he said he left for Africa. Anyway, there's nothing toworry about, I will have 3 or 4 other surgeries but they will be far easier than this one (the doctor told me it was 10 hours long and one of the most difficullt he had done) but I hope the walking to go back well in 2 or 3 months and perhaps the hearing by next summer. Anyway, I'm MUCH better now than two weeks ago, I couldn't even leave my bed :p
well, i wish you the best! :!:

User avatar
Equinox
Sr. Member
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 am
Location: Denver USA

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Equinox » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:36 am

U got me worried for a while buddy, I've been thinkin' 'bout u the whole week.

But, it's nice to see u posting again....Hope u get better soon and don't let any stupid disease of whatever u have turn u down.

There's plenty of life ahead for a 17 years old metalhead.

So....arise!

:)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Just a little message...

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:23 am

What the hell dude! Man I had no idea!!! Take it easy dude, i hope you a speedy recovery.

What exactly did you have? No hearing for a YEAR?! :shock: I'd die not being able to hear music! Man it sounds like it was a pretty serious problem! Tell us, we're all concerned about you and we'd like to know. But if you just dont want to, thats cool.

Anyway, take care, and hope you get back to your old self soon!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
Stealth
Sr. Member
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Blah

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Stealth » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:46 am

NeonVomit wrote:No hearing for a YEAR?! :shock: I'd die not being able to hear music!
Nice way to encourage him! :huh: :twak:

Mafiaboy, I hope you get better soon, and if it makes you feel better, you are not missing much with Strato's new album...
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

User avatar
Equinox
Sr. Member
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 am
Location: Denver USA

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Equinox » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:51 am

Stealth wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:No hearing for a YEAR?! :shock: I'd die not being able to hear music!
Nice way to encourage him! :huh: :twak:

and if it makes you feel better, you are not missing much with Strato's new album...
Nice way of getting ppl to hate u. :lol: :wink: :twak:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

User avatar
htcdude
Sr. Member
Posts: 6974
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: The Sonic Firestorm (Hayes, UK)
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by htcdude » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:57 am

Hope all goes well dude get better soon! I'll take you to the next Strato gig in a wheelchair if ya want :D
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

User avatar
cliff
Sr. Member
Posts: 3361
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:38 pm
Location: Tampere

Re: Just a little message...

Post by cliff » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:24 pm

Oh sorry to hear MafiaBoy. Hopefully everything's fine now.
I wish you a nice recovery, and keep the faith in metal !
<b>This is wrong</b>

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:02 pm

Many, many thanks for all the nice messages. Yeah, the disease I get is pretty serious, the only thing my f***ing father left me before leaving God knows where. But anyway, never mind that, the disease is called "neurofibromatosis" and here is what I found on a website about it :
Neurofibromatosis (NF) is a genetic disorder of the nervous system which causes tumors to form on the nerves anywhere in the body at any time. This progressive disorder affects all races, all ethnic groups and both sexes equally. NF is one of the most common genetic disorders in the United States (one in every 3,000 to 4,000 births).

NF has two genetically distinct forms: NF-1 and NF-2. The effects of NF are unpredictable and have varying manifestations and degrees of severity. There is no known cure for either form of NF, although the genes for both NF-1 and NF-2 have been identified.
NF is an autosomal dominant genetic condition; it is not contagious. Approximately 50% of those affected with neurofibromatosis have a prior family history of NF. The other 50% of cases are the result of spontaneous genetic mutation. If an individual does not have NF, s/he can not pass it on to his/her children.
(don't worry, the tumors caused by it are not cancerous) anyway, in my case, the tumors (called "neurinomas") formed on both auditive nerves, the one on the right was very big and compressed also other nerves around (that's why it was very difficult to remove) but the one on the left is much smaller (with the result that I can still hear a little with my left ear) and the doctors don't seem to worry too much about it, it will be removed sometime around next January. Anyway, for the hearing, they will implant me a device to hear with a damaged auditive nerve (it is very fragile and did not pass the surgery) but it is not sure at all it will work. For some people it works, for some others it doesn't, they don't know why. That's about it, maybe I'll have to find another passion than music, but as NV said, it will be very hard, i'll check out what I can do with the little hearing I still have on the left ear :p
htcdude wrote:I'll take you to the next Strato gig in a wheelchair if ya want :D
Well, in fact I can walk. Not well (it's as though I'm drunk all the time) but I can, that's an improvement, the doctors didn't think I'd be able to walk so fast.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
NordicStorm
Sr. Member
Posts: 2174
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:46 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Just a little message...

Post by NordicStorm » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:09 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your disease, but I'm glad you made it out of surgery.
I wish you a speedy recovery!
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Just a little message...

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:21 pm

good to see there's a lot of hope. You seem to be very upbeat about this, and that's always a good thing. I'm sure youll make it!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
metal_4_life14
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: France

Re: Just a little message...

Post by metal_4_life14 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:59 pm

you know my english is really poor :lol: :lol: i just want to say : "i wish you the best and good recovery!!!! :wink:

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:02 pm

metal_4_life14 wrote:you know my english is really poor
Yeah, you could improve it a little :D Anyway, many thanks to you and all the others. Gotta go now, I'll come back next Monday.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
iron_thunder
Sr. Member
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:08 am
Location: Toronto, Canada!
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by iron_thunder » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:32 am

Hey dude,

Sorry to hear about all that! Holy shit... Glad you've been communicating with us about it. You're somewhat of an example to us, being so young and dealing with this SO well, with such good humor, hope and maturity. I admire you a lot! Your attitude is SO metal! ;) /M\

... Anyhow, like everybody else, I truly wish you the best, and that your hearing aid (or whatever they're giving you!) helps you out-- and of course, that your left ear will take to the surgery well in January. Keep us posted-- we're thinking of you.
_______________________________
In the Hour of Thunder,
Clare B.

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine
SIGN UP FOR THE SACRED EMBRACE NEWSLETTER, DAMNIT!!

_______________________________

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Just a little message...

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:12 am

Yeah man, we're all thinking of you all the time. So keep us posted!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:20 am

I really hope, that everything is going well in january as well. The fact, that now you can walk, even if a bit drunky, it shows, that you have spirit in you, and that encourages me in life, and hopefully others as well!
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
soulforged the secon
Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:47 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Just a little message...

Post by soulforged the secon » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:11 pm

i'm sure you'll be fine!!

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: Just a little message...

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:15 pm

i just hope you can get out of this next surgury and hopefully you can continue to hear the awesomness of metal! :wink:
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:51 pm

Once again, many, many thanks for your messages and sorryh for the late posting (I said I'd post on Monday), the reason I couldn't is that I left the hospital (in Paris' suburb) to go in a reeducation center near from where I live (approx. 800 km from Paris) precisely yesterday, but now I will be able to come daily. I tried to listen music with my lef ear, it's just awful, hope the hearing aid will improve it but it's not what matters now.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
Neorave
Sr. Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:41 am
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Just a little message...

Post by Neorave » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:56 pm

Well, it's good to hear that you're still doing well. :D
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

Locked