Where are you from?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Asamandra
Re: Where are you from?

Post by Asamandra » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:20 pm

I live in Oslip which is in Austria (no l no kangaroos ok guys?)
it´s a fuckin boring place i live in the most boring part of austria and have to drive to vienna to school... which means that i stand up at 5 in the morning..
without a car you come nowhere here...
The trains go every hour from a village a bit away from us (20 min by car )
if i try to get by bus (every hour at school time) to the next city it takes more than one hour even if the next city is only 9km but the lines are sooo good organised you know?
Ah btw i start my driver license soon :D
Pannenstreifen Philosophie

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:17 pm

Asamandra wrote:I live in Oslip which is in Austria (no l no kangaroos ok guys?)
it´s a fuckin boring place i live in the most boring part of austria and have to drive to vienna to school... which means that i stand up at 5 in the morning..
without a car you come nowhere here...
The trains go every hour from a village a bit away from us (20 min by car )
if i try to get by bus (every hour at school time) to the next city it takes more than one hour even if the next city is only 9km but the lines are sooo good organised you know?
Ah btw i start my driver license soon :D
stand up at 5 am? that really sucks! Im waiting to start studying in October.. so i stand up at 9 oder 10 am every day :lol: 8)

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:17 pm

I live on the coastline in South-Eastern Finland. Actually in a small city = a normal town which has quite significant harbours. Everyone who knows something about Finnish coastline may try to find out in which town I actually live. :roll:
Very roughly I can say it´s ~150-200 km from Helsinki to the east.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:19 am

Asamandra wrote:I live in Oslip which is in Austria (no l no kangaroos ok guys?)
Oh...i had to do the same thing for 2 years...sucks so hard! :?
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:01 am

I live in jolly old Seattle!
Actually, I don't live in an urban environment...or even suburban. The place I live is actually kind of remote. But its near enough to make a daily commute.

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:18 am

I live in Orlando Florida. I grew up in the Fort Myers, Sanibel and Captiva Island part of Florida though.

Orlando is actually a pretty cool place. We have Universal Studios Florida here. It is actually two amusement parks, Universal, and Islands of Adventure. They have a couple of badass rollercoasters here. The Hulk, and Dueling Dragons. Great restaurants on this site also. The worlds largest Hard Rock Cafe, which also boasts a concert hall, Bob Marley's, Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville, and Emeril's. I suggest you go here if you are ever in the area. My girlfriend and I have season passes, meaning we can get in for free any time we want. I got those through my job. :D

Disney World is here. Disney is for kids, but Epcot is cool, Animal Kingdom is cool and so is Pleasure Island. Downtown Disney is home to Orlando's House of Blues. This is where I saw the G3 concert and got to meet Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani. My girlfriend and I got our picture taken with Mr. Vai. I had each of them autograph a CD insert from one of their albums. Odyssey, Passion and Warfare, and Flying in a Blue Dream.

We have NASA about 45 minutes east. Kennedy Space Center. I love this place. Not as much to do as the above mentioned places, but I dig it. I love going to see the shuttle take off. It's one thing to see it on TV, but quite another to see it with your own eyes, and hear it.

And lastly we have our hapless NBA team, the Orlando Magic here. They have stunk for a couple of years now, but I somehow keep finding excuses to go to games. Orlando has a cool nightlife too.

Jesse

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:55 am

Well Hayes isn't famous for anything except we have a Heinz factory (makes Red Sauce), a Safeway's HQ, and George Whitfield.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Asamandra

Post by Asamandra » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:29 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:
Oh...i had to do the same thing for 2 years...sucks so hard! :?
Yeah.. I´m alread waiting for this weekend... First school week getting up early, not able to sleep early and going out at the weekend.. i´ll look like a zombie..
Pannenstreifen Philosophie

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:07 pm

Jester wrote:I live in Orlando Florida.
I have been there! Really nice place.

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:11 pm

I was born and raised on the Åland Islands, Finland...currently I'm studying in the city of Turku, so I spend most of my time there...
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:16 pm

htcdude wrote:Well Hayes isn't famous for anything except we have a Heinz factory (makes Red Sauce), a Safeway's HQ, and George Whitfield.
Heinz factory? I bet it smells good around there! Seriously. Like cooking tomatoes!?
Our town is 35 miles downwind from a Paper Pulpwood Company(International Paper). :yuk: Somedays it smells like a toilet. :sick: But, its not as bad as it used to be, thank God!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:18 pm

NordicStorm wrote:I was born and raised on the Åland Islands, Finland.
Do you speak finnish or swedish as your mother language?

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:30 pm

Pikkusielu wrote:
NordicStorm wrote:I was born and raised on the Åland Islands, Finland.
Do you speak finnish or swedish as your mother language?
Swedish. I speak basic Finnish and understand written Finnish fairly well, but I do have trouble keeping up when people speak it, especially if they use a lot of slang :)
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:32 pm

NordicStorm wrote:Swedish. I speak basic Finnish and understand written Finnish fairly well, but I do have trouble keeping up when people speak it, especially if they use a lot of slang :)
I have the same thing with swedish. :lol:

Paola

Post by Paola » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:19 pm

I am from Bogotá the Capital of Colombian :P
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:12 am

browneyedgirl wrote: Our town is 35 miles downwind from a Paper Pulpwood Company(International Paper). :yuk: Somedays it smells like a toilet. :sick: But, its not as bad as it used to be, thank God!
Well, that´s nothing. Coz I live only from 500m a paper mill (Stora Enso) and there´s also an another mill (pulp) only a few kilometres to the north. Luckily that mill smells worse than the paper mill, which literally is front of our home. :evil:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

CarlosTheGreat

Post by CarlosTheGreat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:45 am

Georgia.
Now let us lie
Sad we lived, sad we die.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:55 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
htcdude wrote:Well Hayes isn't famous for anything except we have a Heinz factory (makes Red Sauce), a Safeway's HQ, and George Whitfield.
Heinz factory? I bet it smells good around there! Seriously. Like cooking tomatoes!?
Our town is 35 miles downwind from a Paper Pulpwood Company(International Paper). :yuk: Somedays it smells like a toilet. :sick: But, its not as bad as it used to be, thank God!
mY MUM USED TO WORK AT THE hEINZ FACTORY MANY MOONS AGO :d

^
Oops

Now i live next to the Nestles coffee processing plant..so get some good smells from there...although coffee sucks.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

StratoFactor

Post by StratoFactor » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:23 pm

I'm from Ivalo, Finland, and because of Stratoforums someone knows something about this .... Wonderful and luxurious place.
Aina ei pysty

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:28 am

Asuncion, Paraguay... the heart of south america :)

Livia Dencker

Post by Livia Dencker » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:57 am

I'm brazilian...
I live in a little city - or beach - in south Brazil called Balneario Camboriu...
it's quite beautiful, but I think there are too many buildings here...
It's a touristic place, and every year it becames bigger and bigger... unfortunately...
--> 2 postcards:

Just a Vampire

Post by Just a Vampire » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:45 am

I'm from Bogotá, Colombia (I aint guerrilla girl, drug dealer or anything like that), the best country EVER
"now he knows his father betrays
now his wings turns to ashes to ashes his grave"

Iron Maiden: Fligth of Icarus

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:47 am

(I aint guerrilla girl, drug dealer or anything like that),
lies
"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:53 am

:lol: you bastard :lol:

im from mexico city, lived ther till i was 6, then moved to NYC for two years (it rules) now im in Monterrey MExico been here 9 years now (im 17 if your keeping track)
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:50 am

Just a Vampire wrote:I'm from Bogotá, Colombia (I aint guerrilla girl, drug dealer or anything like that), the best country EVER
I bought a marajuana field off you last week you liar!!

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:03 am

I live in Budapest, the capital of Hungary. Hungary lies east from Austria, south from Slovakia, west from Rumania and north from Croatia and Jugoslavia. The temperature is mediterrainian, and I like it. :) We don't have any sea anymore, only a big lake, called Balaton (thanks for the world wars, we lost more than 2/3rd!! of our country).
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:46 pm

Has anyone heard of the band Carpathian Forest? Aren't they in Hungary Beast_Pete?

EDIT: The forest i mean, not the band.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:23 pm

wasnt it just world war 1?? cuz im studying european history and we saw the treaties that castrated germany, austia-hungary and turkey...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:18 am

stratoplayer wrote:wasnt it just world war 1?? cuz im studying european history and we saw the treaties that castrated germany, austia-hungary and turkey...
Hungary was fighting side by side Garmany like us, but for a different reason.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:51 am