Last Albums you got

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Balu
Re: Last Albums you got

Post by Balu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:39 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:No matter what you think about the members, you must admit that the album was one of the best concept albums ever. The story is so enchanting and catchy that you sumerge in it completely, and the instrumental songs are just mind-blowing. Or you're now gonna tell me that "The Dance Of Eternity" is worse than "There And Back"
Can't say that, there are lots of concept albums I haven't listened to, but currently Ayreon - The Human Equation and Shadow Gallery - Tyranny & Room V are the best. Those easily top Scenes from a Memory.
how old are you 15?17? Ayreon is a total recycle from the early 70s prog music. you better get your horizons expanded my friend; Rick wakeman´s journey to the centre of the earth and the six wives of henry VIII , the who´s Tommy,Stix´s Kilroy was here and many others are the true prog and rock operas., in fact were the Who the band that invented than concept.
and in my opinion DT´s Scenes From a Memory is the best there is from 2000 onwards.
If you don't see the brilliance in Ayreon, you are just... well, an idiot.

Recycle? God, oh God, why did you create people like this guy?
yes recycle..I´ve heard many many rock operas, you only heard ..what.....Ayeron :?
so, like I said you better get your horizons expanded before putting Ayeron in the top of the everest.
and .....fuck sake´s read well kid, I didnt say Ayeron was bad ANYWHERE, I like Ayeron, and I love AVANTASIA but there is no way any of them would be on the top of the opera rock charts ever.

here is a tip for free,you dont need to thank me.

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy
-David Bowie/ the rise and the fall of ziggy stardust and the spiders from mars
-Jesus Christ Superstar/ andrew Lloyd webber
-Joe´s Garage/ Frank Zappa (you know who´s frank zappa right?¿)
-Quadrophenia/ The Who (yes! again, who knew another band can make many rock operas??)
-Genesis / lamb lies down on broadway
-Queensyrche/ Operation: Mindcrime
when you listen to this, and break out for ignorance we can talk.

and if you ask me, American Idiot by Green Day is awesome.
I've listened to every one of those except the Genesis one, and still think Ayreon is on the top. I've never said I don't know others. It's just that Ayreon is the most original and inspired one.

And Green Day sucks.
please, You havent heard any of those, and you know how I know? because nobody that listen Tommy think anything can beat that shit, and that is the way is has been since the day it was released
you live in your own little world ,dont you?
Why can't you just accept that our opinions differ? Why do you think your taste is ultimate?

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:No matter what you think about the members, you must admit that the album was one of the best concept albums ever. The story is so enchanting and catchy that you sumerge in it completely, and the instrumental songs are just mind-blowing. Or you're now gonna tell me that "The Dance Of Eternity" is worse than "There And Back"
Can't say that, there are lots of concept albums I haven't listened to, but currently Ayreon - The Human Equation and Shadow Gallery - Tyranny & Room V are the best. Those easily top Scenes from a Memory.
how old are you 15?17? Ayreon is a total recycle from the early 70s prog music. you better get your horizons expanded my friend; Rick wakeman´s journey to the centre of the earth and the six wives of henry VIII , the who´s Tommy,Stix´s Kilroy was here and many others are the true prog and rock operas., in fact were the Who the band that invented than concept.
and in my opinion DT´s Scenes From a Memory is the best there is from 2000 onwards.

yes recycle..I´ve heard many many rock operas, you only heard ..what.....Ayeron :?
so, like I said you better get your horizons expanded before putting Ayeron in the top of the everest.
and .....fuck sake´s read well kid, I didnt say Ayeron was bad ANYWHERE, I like Ayeron, and I love AVANTASIA but there is no way any of them would be on the top of the opera rock charts ever.

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy
-Quadrophenia/ The Who (yes! again, who knew another band can make many rock operas??)

I've listened to every one of those except the Genesis one, and still think Ayreon is on the top. I've never said I don't know others. It's just that Ayreon is the most original and inspired one.

And Green Day sucks.
please, You havent heard any of those, and you know how I know? because nobody that listen Tommy think anything can beat that shit, and that is the way is has been since the day it was released
Why can't you just accept that our opinions differ? Why do you think your taste is ultimate?
mmmm because I like Ayeron but I dont praise it?
it end like this. Ayeron is good, but not the best.
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:47 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy

And Green Day sucks.
For me, it is. Why do you have a problem with that?

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:49 pm

Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy

And Green Day sucks.
read all the post backwards.
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy

And Green Day sucks.
All those posts only say that you can't accept that my opinion is different. Pretty much every sane person can do that.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:00 am

Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy

And Green Day sucks.
All those posts only say that you can't accept that my opinion is different. Pretty much every sane person can do that.
this is a really obnoxious series of massive quotes.

pneumonia

Post by pneumonia » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:16 am

Please don't quote all the discussion, it's hard to read then.

About Porcupine Tree vs Pink Floyd. Both bands I love, but it is hard to compare. I mean, it's obvious that PT is inspired by Pink Floyd, so without "Dark Side of the Moon" or "Wish You Were Here" there would be worse PT.
I suggest not comparing, Queen with Floyd or Floyd with PT or DT, besides some historical and cultural context.

The same with DT. Balu said that Mercy Falls are better than Metropolis pt2 and (earlier) Shadow Gallery is better than DT. Firstly, it's insane, secondly: again these bands wer inspired by DT. Listen to SG: "Vow" and compare with Misunderstood on 6DOT or "Strong with "Metropolis pt1". Sometimes the inspiration is very high :)
Ok, you can like what you like, and it's good, but say that you prefer this guy and this, because arguing what is better keep for undoubtable masterpieces.

About Rudess, I don't know why you don't like him. Many people write Moore>Sherinian>Rudess or in different order. I don't like sorting them. Moore was a very good songwriter and had IMO emotional sound. Sherinian was a great funny guy who added some fusion/jazz elements into DT and I really liked this. Rudess composes great sounds with his keyboards and other toys and has amazing soloes (i.e Home or Beyond This Life). Now Moore release very good music with OSI (last album - Blood was simply wonderful) and Sherinian with Planet X.

And although I like (very much) Tolkki and Romeo, but I think their not in the same ligue with Satriani, Gilmour Buckethead or Petrucci.

And I agree with RazielSR. Symphony X is not really prog metal and privately I don't like putting them in the same line with DT.

Last but not least :) 7th Wonder is a very good band and thanks for recommending them. Unfortunately, I don't like the vocals, it reminds me a bit Tony Kakko (I don't like him too) :)

PS: It's very propable that Marco Minnemann would be the new DT drummer

Kecos

Post by Kecos » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:24 am

a
Last edited by Kecos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:56 am

Kecos wrote:
pneumonia wrote:
And I agree with RazielSR. Symphony X is not really prog metal and privately I don't like putting them in the same line with DT.
What do you consider them then?
symphony x thats what they are

pneumonia

Post by pneumonia » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:58 am

Shortly. They aren't very experimental, the structure of songs are quite simple and choruses are taken rather from power metal. It also doesn't change the fact that I like listening to them.
They use also classical harmony often.

But it is only my opinion.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 am

Don't argue. You must be shrewd. :)

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:35 am

This image has been moved or deleted
Hahaha nice pic lil bro!!

Susie

Post by Susie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:44 am

Aghhhhhhh loooonnngggg answers!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:17 am

I just bought a dog. Its a Great Layne.

Arnold Layne

Arnold Z. layne

Post by Arnold Z. layne » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:18 am

Arnold Layne wrote:I just bought a dog. Its a Great Layne.

Arnold Layne
Well, Well, look who decided to show up!

Arnold Z, Layne

Arnold H. Layne

Post by Arnold H. Layne » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:24 am

Arnold Z. layne wrote:

Arnold Layne

Arnold Z, Layne
Who Showed up?

Arnold H. Layne

Arnold Schwarzenegge

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegge » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:26 am

Arnold H. Layne wrote:
Arnold Z. layne wrote:

Arnold Layne

Arnold Z, Layne
Who Showed up?

Arnold H. Layne
Huh???

Arnold Schwarzenegger Layne!!

BBBBBBBBBB

Post by BBBBBBBBBB » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:04 am

Whaaaaaaaaa :shock: :shock:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:52 am

pneumonia wrote:Shortly. They aren't very experimental, the structure of songs are quite simple and choruses are taken rather from power metal. It also doesn't change the fact that I like listening to them.

Yes, it's mine too. It is one of my favourite bands, but from the very beginning for me it was clear it was more a progpower metal band than a prog metal band. I'm not saying that is worst or better, I like them a lot, maybe my third favourite band. But it's just that they are a lot power metal oriented. Some neoclassical stuff too in their discography. They are more or less what I'd like to hear in Stratovarius now. For me is a link between the two genres.

About the new DT drummer, how do you know that? Petrucci said in an statement that they have the new drummer but it's not gonna be announced now. I suppose the rumours are about that guy? Interesting.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:50 pm

pneumonia wrote:Shortly. They aren't very experimental, the structure of songs are quite simple and choruses are taken rather from power metal. It also doesn't change the fact that I like listening to them.

Maybe not their earlier work, but records like "The Odyssey" and "Paradise Lost" are in my opinion very proggresive
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:42 pm

pneumonia wrote:Please don't quote all the discussion, it's hard to read then.

About Porcupine Tree vs Pink Floyd. Both bands I love, but it is hard to compare. I mean, it's obvious that PT is inspired by Pink Floyd, so without "Dark Side of the Moon" or "Wish You Were Here" there would be worse PT.
I suggest not comparing, Queen with Floyd or Floyd with PT or DT, besides some historical and cultural context.

The same with DT. Balu said that Mercy Falls are better than Metropolis pt2 and (earlier) Shadow Gallery is better than DT. Firstly, it's insane, secondly: again these bands wer inspired by DT. Listen to SG: "Vow" and compare with Misunderstood on 6DOT or "Strong with "Metropolis pt1". Sometimes the inspiration is very high :)
Ok, you can like what you like, and it's good, but say that you prefer this guy and this, because arguing what is better keep for undoubtable masterpieces.

About Rudess, I don't know why you don't like him. Many people write Moore>Sherinian>Rudess or in different order. I don't like sorting them. Moore was a very good songwriter and had IMO emotional sound. Sherinian was a great funny guy who added some fusion/jazz elements into DT and I really liked this. Rudess composes great sounds with his keyboards and other toys and has amazing soloes (i.e Home or Beyond This Life). Now Moore release very good music with OSI (last album - Blood was simply wonderful) and Sherinian with Planet X.

And although I like (very much) Tolkki and Romeo, but I think their not in the same ligue with Satriani, Gilmour Buckethead or Petrucci.

Last but not least :) 7th Wonder is a very good band and thanks for recommending them. Unfortunately, I don't like the vocals, it reminds me a bit Tony Kakko (I don't like him too) :)

agree with you so much! is nice to see this kind of post´s, very objetive!
and I like all of the DT keyboardist, my favorite has to be Moore for the songwriting he did, my favorite has to be "only a matter of time" from the first album.
sherinian was awesome and rudess is out of this world.!
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 pm

adrian9 wrote:
pneumonia wrote:Please don't quote all the discussion, it's hard to read then.

agree with you so much! is nice to see this kind of post´s, very objetive!
and I like all of the DT keyboardist, my favorite has to be Moore for the songwriting he did, my favorite has to be "only a matter of time" from the first album.
sherinian was awesome and rudess is out of this world.!
As I'm a fan of huge quotes, I'm going to reply to you guys here.

@pneumonia:
Why would it be insane? DT's music is totally soulless. Seventh Wonder is a bit easier, simpler and a tad less progressive (as they have a quite obvious power metal influence), but it's fresher too. And Shadow Gallery: They are surely influenced by DT really strongly, but why is that a problem? They do something similar, but much, much better.

I also don't know why I don't like Rudess in DT, but elsewhere I do, still, this is my opinion that probably won't change because of people, maybe over time...

Buckethead still sucks very much. I don't care about technical skills at all, that important thing is how enjoyable the music is. His music isn't enjoyable for me any more than, let's say, a cat jumping on a piano.
Also, they aren't out of their leagues, but are a different style. Not that same thing.

S X are about as progressive I'd say as Strato's Dreamspace, so a mixture between prog and power metal, which is great for me.

My favorite DT keyboardist was Sherinian I'd say. No idea why. Well, some idea, but I can't really express it, especially not in English.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:33 am

Balu wrote: Buckethead still sucks very much. I don't care about technical skills at all, that important thing is how enjoyable the music is. His music isn't enjoyable for me any more than, let's say, a cat jumping on a piano.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Buckethead's playing is more sincere and emotive than any guitarist on the face of the earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr4Ixrkz5Vc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X28X0hkt_2Y

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:21 am

FUCK THIS THREAD. FUCK IT ALL TO HELL. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT!!!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:24 am

Rebel wrote:
Balu wrote: Buckethead still sucks very much. I don't care about technical skills at all, that important thing is how enjoyable the music is. His music isn't enjoyable for me any more than, let's say, a cat jumping on a piano.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Buckethead's playing is more sincere and emotive than any guitarist on the face of the earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr4Ixrkz5Vc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X28X0hkt_2Y
im having a deja vu here
and robogay...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is your best post right there! nominee to the best post of the year.......hey I just got and idea!
A9

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:33 am

Rebel wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy

And Green Day sucks.
I think that aswell
---...---

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:29 pm

AGAG wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy

And Green Day sucks.
I think that aswell
Stop quoting this (oh, dumb me :roll:)!
|StratoFan Forever|

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:45 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
AGAG wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy

And Green Day sucks.
I think that aswell
Hello Greg. :)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:46 pm

robocop656 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
AGAG wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy

And Green Day sucks.
I think that aswell
Hello Jim. :)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:52 pm

robocop656 wrote:
robocop656 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
AGAG wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:

-Pink Floyd/ the wall
-The Who/ Tommy

And Green Day sucks.
I think that aswell
Hello Jim. :)
17th quotations counting this one., how far are we going to get.?¡?¡
if somebody breaks the chain , it shall be banned from the stratoforum :lol: :lol:
A9