Last Albums you got

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
VictorTDD
Re: Last Albums you got

Post by VictorTDD » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:32 pm

adrian9 wrote:
DawnIsHere wrote:Just got Infinite Limited Edition (2010), I went to a local record shop tu buy a gift for mother's day and I saw this album right there, so I couldn't resist :D

The booklet is awesome!

it looks awesome, can you give us more details please.
Argentine release
Packaging: 2CD Digipack
Label: Icarus Music
Catalogue Number: ICARUS 694
Release Date: 2011.03.22

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Symphony X - Iconoclast 2CD (pre-ordered)
Deep Purple - Made In Japan (Live)

...and the remaining Megadeth albums I didn't yet own:
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!
Megadeth - Risk
Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero
Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Megadeth - United Abominations
Megadeth - Endgame

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Rush - Gold Definitive Collection
Dio - The Collection
Europe - 1982-2000

Yeah I bought some compilations of some dinosaur (as in big and old) bands

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:34 am

I posted something about this in the movies thread ..

the swell season orr
Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova check it out.
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zF5OwQS33U?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zF5OwQS33U?ve ... p;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
A9

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 am

Preordered:

Edguy - Age of the Joker 2CD ltd.
Sabaton - World War Live-Battle of the Baltic Sea DVD+2CD

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:05 am

Star Wars Episode 2.

Arnold Layne

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Bump back from page 2.

Nightwish - Storytime CDS (preordered)
-

Kreator - Coma of Souls
I decided to finally give this band a shot with an album which is allegedly their greatest.

Savatage - Fight For the Rock
I'm well aware of the bad reputation this has as their failed attempt at more mainstream sound, but I bought it anyway just to finally complete my Savatage album collection.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:48 pm

long time since I had something really worth to share.

Sebastian bach`s Angel down is certainly a metal album that everybody should listen, it got everything from twin lead a la maiden , agressive riffs and sebatian top notch performance all over the songs, plus you get Alx Rose in 3 songs singing duet with bach, and the always controversial (this time he did an awesome job I must say) Roy Z on guitars and production. Fucking buy it.

Racer X Extreme Volumen II is a strange record, because the band has already broken up when it was released and was recorded 4 years previous to that, so what you got here is a snapshot of the band at his prime (that is 1988 or 87) and its like i cant believe this band doesnt exist anymore and that is because they are fucking amazing, the shred movement surely miss the twin guitar of bruce bouillet and paul gilbert, not to mention the too damn high vocals of jeff martin!

that is for now...
A9

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:10 am

Just got these (I am too exited not to mention my purchases this time)

Jens Johansson - Ten Seasons

This is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I really hope he will keep doing this creative and instrumental solo stuff. It's surprising how well he can keep a piano instrumental so interesting to listen for a long time.

Joe Satriani - Engines of Creation

Well I really liked The Extremist and got this for a good price. Haven't had the time to listen to it yet though.

Dream Theater - Images and Words Live/ 5 years in a LIVEtime

Pretty good stuff. I am always interested in watching their DvDs.

Dream Theater - Chaos in Motion Collectors edition 2dvd+3cd

Finally found it for a decent price. Such a huge box. I already thought these were all sold out.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:36 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:Just got these (I am too exited not to mention my purchases this time)

This is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I really hope he will keep doing this creative and instrumental solo stuff. It's surprising how well he can keep a piano instrumental so interesting to listen for a long time.

Finally found it for a decent price. Such a huge box. I already thought these were all sold out.
never heard of this stuff, more details of the jens release please!! where did you get that? ebay?
A9

Astral Empire

Post by Astral Empire » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:28 am

last one that i bought was

rhapsody of fire - from chaos to eternity

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:46 am

adrian9 wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:Just got these (I am too exited not to mention my purchases this time)

never heard of this stuff, more details of the jens release please!! where did you get that? ebay?
Actually I got it from Levykauppa X (Recordstorex)
http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/johansson_jens/
Swamp Music also has a couple of his cds.

So no need for ebay

Ten Seasons is a Piano instrumental.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Iced Earth - Dystopia box set
Includes belt buckle, lighter, wrist-band and whatnot :lol: The album sounds cool so far, a lot heavier than their last two. The new singer is a great fit.

Also, preordered:
Megadeth - TH1RT3EN

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:46 am

hello and merry X mas everyone, I got some cds this december you might check it out.

1) rush - roll the bones, amazing record! it defines de less- synth and more guitar oriented era, I love this album and pretty much everything rush did in the 90s, this album also started the "loud war" when mixing and mastering records, so, you better play it on loud!.

2) The beatles - 1, this is more than a remastered work, it was remastered by george martin himself in not other record studio than abbey road, you have 27 number one hits from the fab four digitally remastered from the original tapes with a huge blooket and all the mccartney / lennon dose you can handle. (my all time fave "strawberry fields forever" is missing but still)

3)Evanescence - the open door, is useless to deny the great talent of amy lee and this band, this album is a masterpiece, maybe not "nightwish masterpiece " but still a masterpiece, Im ashamed I didnt really gave a chance to this record back in the day but im diggin it very much right now.

also should I mention, the remastered version of "a night at the opera" by queen, beautiful and a "must have"---
Im gonna buy some metal stuff as you can see Ive lost interest in modern material (unless is done by tobias sammet or stratovarius that is :D)
suggestions anybody?

edit... I just remember...roger taylor The Unblinking Eye (Everything Is Broken) if you are a Queen fan you are going to love this one.
A9

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:24 pm

The whole Pagan's Mind discography. OMFG this band is in my top 3 right now.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Hildewisa

Post by Hildewisa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:32 am

My copy of Exile by Triarii arrived in the mail today, so I will go obsessively listen to that for the next two months.

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:35 am

Journey's Eclipse (or ECL1PS3). An incredibly amazing Hard Rock album, worth listening to even if you're not a fan of old Journey. Arnel Pineda's vocals are amazing and I'd say he's close to surpassing Steve Perry.

One of my album of the years along with Edguy's Age of the Joker and Stratovarius' Elysium.
Last edited by Krigo on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:30 pm

long time since I posted something I bought some stuff.

adele - 21, yes that adele is so frikin talented i had to buy the album, the whole production is amazing , they achieved that "motown" sound pretty closely wich you may tough is an easy task with all the technology nowadays but sincerely I never heard something so pretty close to that than this, not to mention all the piano arregments and the vocal power of adele, to me a masterpiece.

The darkness- one way ticket to hell and back Justin hawkings was nicknamed the "new" freddie mercury back when the band made his debut, and I think this album sums that up , with the likes of roy thomas baker (that s the producer queen used to work with ) you can figure it out queen references are all over the place, no like a rip off , just taking it for song pruporses., a very fun hard rock album. my favorite song is "bald"
A9

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:57 am

Preordered:
Wintersun - Time 1

Bought:
Testament - Dark Roots of Earth
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Mastodon - Leviathan
Mastodon - Remission
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Mastodon - The Hunter

Aaaand a buttload of second-hand singles:
Helloween - Mr. Ego
Helloween - If I Could Fly
Sonata Arctica - UnOpened
Sonata Arctica - Wolf & Raven
Sonata Arctica - Last Drop Falls
Sonata Arctica - Victoria's Secret
Nightwish - Sacrament of Wilderness
Nightwish - The Siren
Nightwish - Nemo
Nightwish - Wish I Had an Angel
Nightwish - Bless the Child

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:17 pm

there is an Unopened single edition that is very rare and valuable, there is a misprint I think, check it out you might be buying something special there :wink:
A9

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:30 pm

adrian9 wrote:there is an Unopened single edition that is very rare and valuable, there is a misprint I think, check it out you might be buying something special there :wink:
Didn't know that, my version seems to be in order though.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:15 pm

This counts?

It's a masterpeice
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:33 am

Mormegil wrote:
adrian9 wrote:there is an Unopened single edition that is very rare and valuable, there is a misprint I think, check it out you might be buying something special there :wink:
No it's the legendary single that plays too slow. Tonys vocals sound quite odd I hear. It was pulled out of shelves and only a couple hundred exist. They cost thousands. Maybe even tens of Thousands these days.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
No it's the legendary single that plays too slow. Tonys vocals sound quite odd I hear. It was pulled out of shelves and only a couple hundred exist. They cost thousands. Maybe even tens of Thousands these days.
I really doubt that. I mean, it's just Sonata Arctica, not The Beatles.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Mormegil wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Yep you are right. I confused it with something else. The real price is around 100-200€ but you might even find it for 60-70€ if you are lucky.

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Tarja Turunen - ACT 1 Bluray

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Yep you are right. I confused it with something else. The real price is around 100-200€ but you might even find it for 60-70€ if you are lucky.
Well whaddayaknow, I was browsing through Huuto.net (Finnish auction site) as usual and found this:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/sonata-arc ... /235711710

The seller's asking at least 130€ for it (150€ and you can buy it straight away).

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Mormegil wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Well whaddayaknow, I was browsing through Huuto.net (Finnish auction site) as usual and found this:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/sonata-arc ... /235711710

The seller's asking at least 130€ for it (150€ and you can buy it straight away).
yeah I have seen some auctions before but i didnt recall why that single was so special, if you are a collector you surely want to buy a rare copy like that one 8)
A9

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Stratovarius - The Kiss of Judas PROMO CDS with autographs
And only for 19€
\^o^/

Wintersun - Time I
Rocks harder than it's legal, at least in the EU. They should've released the entire epic in one piece though, even if it meant additional months of waiting for the post-production to get finished. Now it feels more like an EP with its 40 min. duration, leaving you blue balled.

Manowar - The Lord of Steel
Contender for the worst guitar tone ever recorded and that's including the cassette-tape I made for my band mate back when I was 15. What the hell were they thinking... At least the drumming sounds good and more nuanced and imaginative (well, as nuanced and imaginative as you can get and still call it "Manowar") than back when the late Scott Columbus was still in the band. Songs sound like they were assembled from old Manowar songs, like what South Park did with the character Chef for some episodes after the voice, Isaac Hayes, stormed out.

Edit some hours later:

Iced Earth - Alive In Athens 3CD Live
I never listened to this before, but from what I heard and read, people seemed to hold this as some kind of second coming of Unleashed In The East, i.e. the ultimate metal live album, and what can I say, all the hype was warranted! This is kicks ass!

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:46 am

I have not gotten a record.
---...---