Does your partner have to be a metalhead?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

My significant other must like metal

Hell yeah \m/
17%
No, but Eminem is where I draw the line
73%
Significant others are for poseurs
10%

Total votes: 30

Neorave
Re: Does your partner have to be a metalhead?

Post by Neorave » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:11 pm

As long as it's not rap, I'll be cool with it.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

Jester

Post by Jester » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:31 am

No, it really doesn't matter to me. My ex fiancee/girlfriend listened to Beyonce, Alicia Keyes, stuff like that. It didn't bother me because that was her, what she liked. Her music tastes have nothing to do with our failed relationship.

I have dated a Sri Lankan girl before, a Puerto Rican girl, and a Jewish girl. Race, Religion, ethnicity, music tastes, likes, dislikes, political beliefs, and social background don't mean a thing to me. My only requisites are that she be pretty/cute, intelligent, have a good heart, and be independant. I dated a girl once who started listening to all the stuff I did. She was listenening to Paula Abdul, and Salt n Pepa before we got together, and now she was listening to Yngwie, Vai, etc, because thats what I like. I thought she was stupid for being that way. I respect people more if they stay true to themselves.

I think I draw the line at cannibalism though, :lol:

It would be boring to date someone with the exact same likes and dislikes. I like a bit of a challenge.

Jesse

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:42 am

Damn man...i dont read/listen nothing about Salt n' Pepa for AGES! :lol:
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

Jester

Post by Jester » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:02 am

:lol: That girl I was referring to, I dated her back when I was in High School. I think it was around 1991 or 92. There were a couple of different girls I was referring to who I have dated over the years.

I hope she still isn't listening to that now!! Although, I still listen to basically the same shit I did from way back when, LOL!!

Jesse

Belzebu

Post by Belzebu » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:08 am

Well, my partner is also a metal listener, we are not fans of the exact same bands, but of course, i have no complains!!! :luv1:
I Am TIPSY XD

lizzie

Post by lizzie » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:02 pm

no, but it would help
blaze is the messiah

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:40 am

I should actually vote "yes" for the way I see music being quite an important thing for me. The thing is, I'm *not* a metalhead myself and if her musical taste would be only limited to metal, I would see a little problem there. Instead of the "listening taste", I'd actually want a generally artistic, talented girl who could both inspire me, and be able to work with me, making our own music to live. Nice face and ass are good extra, but without personality and sexy voice, they're worth nothing.

elvenrhapsody

Post by elvenrhapsody » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:09 am

Yes! kind of....
Because I listen to sonata arctica on REPEAT for like WEEKS on end, and become unbareably crabby and whiney if anybody tries to remove it from my cd player.
I also like some other .... songs from different genres...
So they either have to LIKE metal, or have a LOT of patience! :D

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:58 am

No.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Dawn_is_Here

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:07 pm

To make a relationship work, for me, it must be attraction and we both must have the same values and some interests in common. But music is a very importact fact for me.

I know (by experience) that if we don't agree in music tastes, it won't work. Examples:
- Me going to his parties where I hated the music, I didn't feel good, was with an ass-face (even though I was trying so hard to avoid that), wanted to leave early, therefore, ruined his evening and night.
- He going to my parties, he feeling and acting the same as I did, therefore, ruining my evening and night.
- Eventually ending up going to our parties alone, and not sharing weekends time.
- Fights over the Car CD-Player.
- Can't share the excitement of going to a gig or buying the latest Cd.
- Never going together to a gig, or if eventually going together, feeling and acting as bad as the parties thing.
:x

OTOH, my current boyfriend is as passionated for music as I am, we both love metal, and he also loves some classic rock n' roll that doesn't bother me at all. Advantages:
- Going to parties where we both feel good, either with his friends or my friends, therefore, we enjoyed and make new friends.
- It doesn't matter who choses the CD to play in the car, it will always be Ok! :D
- We share our excitement over news about bands we both care and like.
- We go together to gigs (even travelling to another countries!) and enjoyed them as hell, and can be talking about it for days!
- I love going to his rehearsals and recordings, and he said he loves that I love it too, he couldn't share these things with any other gf before. :)
- And now we are working together in the music business as well. 8)
- And the love making listening the best music, priceless! :evil:

I couldn't think about anything better than all this. So I voted Hell Yeah! :)

Rock On!

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:36 pm

For me it's not enough, that she is a metal fan, but the very very best would be, if she loved Stratovarius as well. Asamandra is a metalhead as well, but she did not like Stratovarius as much as I did, and I bet, I bored her to death with my StratoFanatism.

On the other hand, I don't attend shows to get a girl(friend) or to enjoy the gig with my gf, rather to enjoy the music. This is, why I don't like to take photos sometimes, because then I can't concentrate on the music, headbanging and \m/. But sometimes it's very good to hold your woman in your arms, while a very melodic song is being played. :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:45 am

well, you guys know what? The first time I went to a metal gig I was suprised how many beautiful girls have been around. :D

Llageran

Post by Llageran » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:33 am

Belzebu wrote:Well, my partner is also a metal listener, we are not fans of the exact same bands, but of course, i have no complains!!! :luv1:
Luckily everything isn't about musical taste. :)

Heiserich

Post by Heiserich » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:49 am

No, she doesn't need to be a metal-fan. Actually, none of my girlfriends were.

But my last girlfriend hated metal. And THAT I will never do again. Much, much disstress for virtually no reason... :tired:
Life can only be understood in reverse
But must be lived forwards...
I'm losing my senses, I'm losing my senses

D. Mustaine

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:11 pm

Heiserich wrote:No, she doesn't need to be a metal-fan. Actually, none of my girlfriends were.

But my last girlfriend hated metal. And THAT I will never do again. Much, much disstress for virtually no reason... :tired:
hahaha...welcome to my realilty! :)
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

soulforged the secon

Post by soulforged the secon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:31 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:But it's better to have sex while listening to metal than to rap or some shit like ......
man if you can fuck with a doublebass tempo then i surrender......lol :w00t:

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:35 pm

same or similar tastes is a definite plus, also its not essential. alothough ive yet to actually meet someone who has the same tastes in music as i do. when you live where i do, there isnt much apart from pop or hip hop, and those who do like rock/metal seem to hide themselves away to where i cant find them.

anyway, my first boyfriend liked metal and he knew more about it than i did [i, a then metal head on the first rung of the metal ladder, he, way up the ladder and over onto the other side], but he also like bands which i could not stand at all [Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Immortal] and that was annoying.
the lad i just split up with was emo [no, sorry "hardcore" as he drilled into my brain] but he liked some metal, but he was always addling along about how much better Hardcore was to Metal [pfft, yeah, right] and that reeeally pissd me off.

come to think of it, im really the only person i know who likes the bands i do. so lonely. heh.
There are no absolutes in life...only Vodka.

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:40 pm

it really helps if the other person listens the same kind of music, I would never go out with someone with a very oposite taste for music, in spite of other qualities such as good looking, nice and inteligent (maybe becasue that doesn't exists ? :P )

SETH

Post by SETH » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:44 pm

my gf likes Evanessence. Does that answer the question? She likes metal, too but also alot of those kiddy boybands crap. But, I went through that stage, too so, I just tolerate it with a smile. She's worth it!

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:00 pm

Dragon wrote: the lad i just split up with was emo [no, sorry "hardcore" as he drilled into my brain] but he liked some metal, but he was always addling along about how much better Hardcore was to Metal [pfft, yeah, right] and that reeeally pissd me off.
Don't tell me he used to dress like a woman? :lol:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:24 pm

soulforged the second wrote:man if you can fuck with a doublebass tempo then i surrender......lol :w00t:
Of course I can. ;)
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:51 pm

Equinox wrote:
Dragon wrote: the lad i just split up with was emo [no, sorry "hardcore" as he drilled into my brain] but he liked some metal, but he was always addling along about how much better Hardcore was to Metal [pfft, yeah, right] and that reeeally pissd me off.
Don't tell me he used to dress like a woman? :lol:
not exactly, but he spent more time in bathroom sorting out his hair than i did.
There are no absolutes in life...only Vodka.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:25 am

SETH wrote:my gf likes Evanessence. Does that answer the question? She likes metal, too but also alot of those kiddy boybands crap. But, I went through that stage, too so, I just tolerate it with a smile. She's worth it!
Kristin is a nice&cute girl but she does have rotten taste in music. :roll: And, kid, I guess you are getting Karma for those 2 years I had to tolerate listening to the Backstreet Boys with a smile! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:50 am

browneyedgirl wrote:And, kid, I guess you are getting Karma for those 2 years I had to tolerate listening to the Backstreet Boys with a smile! :D
Yeah, for things like that is the reason I'm not putting my 'stuff' inside a woman's 'thingy' so there will be not 'product' of any kind. :lol: :wink:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:57 am

Equinox wrote:Yeah, for things like that is the reason I'm not putting my 'stuff' inside a woman's 'thingy' so there will be not 'product' of any kind. :lol: :wink:
Now that is easily missunderstandable. :)
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:27 am

Beast_Pete wrote:
Equinox wrote:Yeah, for things like that is the reason I'm not putting my 'stuff' inside a woman's 'thingy' so there will be not 'product' of any kind. :lol: :wink:
Now that is easily missunderstandable. :)
Listen to "Backstreet's Back" about 50 times a day, then! :lol:
And, the other one, "Tub Thumpin'" by that other group, Chipawonga, or some such. :lol:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:55 am

Hey I like that song, Tubthumpin! They included that in Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Mix! :cyclop:

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:26 pm

If i started going out with someone who didn't enjoy this kinda metal, they would do by the end of the week guaranteed :D
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:27 pm

htcdude wrote:If i started going out with someone who didn't enjoy this kinda metal, they would do by the end of the week guaranteed :D
Or drop you. :)
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:29 pm

No chance!!