STRAGO PRESS RELEASE: Tarja out of Nightwish!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
StragOvariuS
STRAGO PRESS RELEASE: Tarja out of Nightwish!

Post by StragOvariuS » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:41 am

http://www.nightwish.com/english/lettertotarjaen.html
Dear Tarja,

It`s time to choose whether the story of Nightwish ends here or whether it will still continue an undetermined period of time. We`ve been working with this creation for 9 years and we are not ready to give up yet. Nightwish is a way of life, something to live for, and we`re certain we can`t let it go.

Equally certain is the fact that we cannot go on with you and Marcelo any longer. During the last year something sad happened, which I`ve been going over in my head every single day, morning and night. Your attitude and behavior don`t go with Nightwish anymore. There are characteristics I would never have believed to see in my old dear friend.
People who don`t talk with each other for a year do not belong in the same band.

We are involved in an industry where the business-side of things is a necessary evil and something to worry about all the time. We are also a band which has always done music from the heart, because of friendship and the music itself. The mental satisfaction should always be more important than money! Nightwish is a band, it`s an emotion.
To you, unfortunately, business, money, and things that have nothing to do with those emotions have become much more important. You feel that you have sacrificed yourself and your musical career for Nightwish, rather than thinking what it has given to you.
This attitude was clearly shown to me in the two things you said to me in an airplane in Toronto: ”I don`t need Nightwish anymore.” and ”Remember, Tuomas, that I could leave this band at any time, giving you only one day`s warning in advance”.
I can`t simply write any more songs for you to sing.

You have said yourself that you are merely a ”guest musician” in Nightwish. Now that visit ends and we will continue Nightwish with a new female vocalist.
We`re sure this is an equally big relief to you as it is for us. We have all been feeling bad long enough.

You told us that no matter what, the next Nightwish album will be your last one. However, the rest of us want to continue as long as the fire burns. So there`s no sense in doing that next album with you, either.
The four of us have been going over this situation countless times and we have realized that this is the thing we want to do in life. It´s all we can do. In December 2004, in Germany, you said that you will never tour again for more than two weeks at a time. You also said that we can forget about U.S. and Australia because the fees and the sizes of venues are too small.

In interviews I`ve mentioned that if Tarja leaves, that would be the end of the band. I understand that people will think this way. Nightwish is, however, a scenery of my soul and I`m not ready to let go because of one person. A person who wants to focus her creativity to somewhere else, a person whose values don`t match mine.

We were never bothered by the fact that you didn`t participate in writing/arranging songs, you never in 9 years came to rehearse the songs with us before going to the studio. Not the fact that while on tour you always wanted to fly, separately from us with your husband. Not the fact that you are an undisputable front image of the band.
We accepted and felt ok about everything except greed, underestimating the fans, and breaking promises. It was agreed by the five of us that Nightwish would be the priority in everything that we do during 2004-2005. Still so many things were more important to you. The ultimate example being the already sold-out show in Oslo, which you wanted to cancel because you needed to rehearse for your solo concerts, meet frieds and go to the movies. Those were the words Marcelo used in an e-mail explaining the cancellation. This being just one example of so many. I couldn`t think of a worse way of being selfish and dismissing our fans.

Nightwish is a way of life and a job with many obligations. To each other and to the fans. With you we can`t take care of those duties anymore.

Deep within we don`t know which one of you drove us to this point. Somehow Marcelo has changed you from the lovely girl you were into a diva, who doesn`t think or act the way she used to. You are too sure of your irreplaceableness and status.

It`s obvious that you blame your stress and misery on us four. And you think we don`t respect or listen to you. Belive us; We have always had the uppermost respect towards you as a wonderful vocalist and as a friend. And very often during the past couple of years the plans were made according to your decisions only. You were always the only one who wanted more money from the shows.
This ”compensation and more money from everything” –attitude is the fact that we are most disappointed of!

We wish that from now on you will listen to your heart instead of Marcelo. Cultural differences combined with greed, opportunism and love is a dangerous combination. Do not wither yourself.

This decision is not something we are especially proud of but you gave us no choice. The gap between us is too wide. And the decision is made by us four unanimously. We are beyond the point where things could be settled by talking.

All the best for your life and career,

Tuomas

Emppu Jukka Marco

Ps. This is an open letter for everybody.
Well...another service of Strago&Reuters!
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

Cristiane

Re: STRAGO PRESS RELEASE: Tarja out of Nightwish!

Post by Cristiane » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:59 am

:lol: Strago news rulez!

I think somehow everybody expected that to happen... everybody who met Tarja tells me she has turned into a totally strange person due to that marriage.
I have a friend in porto alegre mad about nightwish, i remember I introduced him the Angels fall first cd back in 1997 and he simply loved it and got to meet the band several times.
He told me she has always been kind to him, but the last 2 times she was really annoying, run away from the fans and also when the fans came to talk to her, her husband kept holding her by the arm and trying to take her away from the fans :?
whats the fucking wrong with that guy?? actually, whats the fucking wrong with people who wants to lock everything they "love" or find beautiful?!
i think it would be better if he could buy a bird: its beautiful, it can sing and you also can keep it inside a fucking cage.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:12 am

If they need a singer I hear MissK is unemployed at the moment! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:19 am

browneyedgirl wrote:If they need a singer I hear MissK is unemployed at the moment! :)
Very good point, BEG. :D But I think they´ll search vocalist who is quite similar with Tarja.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:23 am

It's so sad what's happening. I think when your couple changes you like that, I mean, in a bad way, that person doesn't really love you. When you love, you accept the person just like he/ she is and you don't wanna change him/ her at all. I think that guy is insecure and posesive. And Tarja a "little" weak woman. :?

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:34 am

Wow, i'm so disillusioned it's not even funny.

by the way, strago, nice avatar.

anyway, that totally sucks. i sort of wish i hadn't read that; i don't really like to know about these peoples' personal lives.... gah. or knowing that someone i really respect is an ass.

wtf?! stupid fame and fortune....

EDIT

afterthought: does this sound a little like a repeat of the strato situation? hmmm.... but that doesn't mean NW will get back together, necessarily. oh well...

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:19 am

what the f.... ? I can't believe this... I had a dream about this a couple of nights ago ! Weird.
<b>This is wrong</b>

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:55 am

I can't say I'm surprised. AFAIK, she always had that "guest musician" attitude, she never wrote any lyrics or music, and now fame got her head messed up ... Anyway, good luck to her in whatever she's gonna do ...

P.S. How much time will it take Nightwish to make a reunion tour with Tarja? :)
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:57 am

I'm not a big fan of Nightwish, so this isn't big thing for me.

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:58 am

Stratofanius wrote:I'm not a big fan of Nightwish, so this isn't big thing for me.
Don't post then...

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:21 pm

well.. for me this is a rather big thing, nightwish was the band which "moved" me into metal.. still it's one of my top5 bands.. first, it's very said what her husband has done to her..
but.. will nightwish really go on with a new female singer? tarja has been the.. well.. something like a representation of the band for the fans and anyone who has listenend to nightwish.. her great voice..
so the big questions are, will nightwish continue, and if, who will be the new vocalist?
Spamming is serious business!

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:44 pm

oh dear.
well, if her attitude towards the band in itself has changed, then maybe its best that she does go. her replacement will have very big shoes to fill though.
There are no absolutes in life...only Vodka.

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:46 pm

cliff wrote:what the f.... ? I can't believe this... I had a dream about this a couple of nights ago ! Weird.
'Cause you know this has happened before,
And you know that this moment in time is for real,
And you know when you feel Deja vu.
:wink:
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:55 pm

well, such things do happen... fucking money changing people's minds. :?

But it's true, I somehow also thought Tarja is not really part of the band (somebody wrote that "guest musician appearance", I agree with that). Of course for the fans and the press she's the one that stood for Nightwish, but I had the feeling she's just there, singing, and not really belonging to the other guys. Seems that it really was like this.

Anyway, it's sad, one of the greatest concerts I've been was the Nightwish-Gig in Stuttgart, february 2005, with a crowd of 10.000. That was really an amazing show, and Tarja did a great job. IMO she gets every single note, no mis-tunes...

Well, life goes on. There are much worse things happening than that. But I'm sorry for all the true Nightwish-Fans. I remember how I felt when Kotipelto was kicked out of Stratovarius. Was kinda horrible...

Earfalas

Post by Earfalas » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:46 pm

Well that came so unexpected for me, but after readingbthe Open Letter it makes some sence... She is an excellent singer, but with such a different attitude from the rest of the band its indd hard to get along...

To bad, but I'm very eager to hear about the new singer....
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?
-
www.rainsphere.bravehost.com

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:47 pm

seen here : http://fan-sites.org/tarja/
This was in Finlands TV-news. Tarjas comment was.
"I'm shocked. The way they told this is sad and cruel. I'm also sad that my husband has been dragged into this."
Tarja is going to held press conference in November.
Tuomas told that there will be a new NW book in May, where he will explain everything.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:58 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:
cliff wrote:what the f.... ? I can't believe this... I had a dream about this a couple of nights ago ! Weird.
'Cause you know this has happened before,
And you know that this moment in time is for real,
And you know when you feel Deja vu.
:wink:
:lol: You're right.

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:36 pm

iron_thunder wrote:Wow, i'm so disillusioned it's not even funny.
afterthought: does this sound a little like a repeat of the strato situation? hmmm.... but that doesn't mean NW will get back together, necessarily. oh well...
No Iron Thunder. This is not even close to what happend to Stratovarius last year. Tuomas fired Tarja cause she didn't want to do anything for Nightwish, like never writing a song and stuff like that. In Stratovarius case, Timo T fired Timo K cause he wanted to colaborete with the band and TT didn't allow him to do that. So, it's a completely different situation...

I hope not to read anyone making this comparison again, please... :wink:
cliff wrote:
what the f.... ? I can't believe this... I had a dream about this a couple of nights ago ! Weird.
When Stratovarius came to Chile in 2003 almost same thing happend to me...
They played a medley in that gig, with "We hold the key", "Hands fo time", etc. a lot of old songs and it was so great!. But when they started this medley, I had a really bad feeling, so I told to my ex: "Damn it! They're saying "Good Bye", they're gonna split up!". It was on agost, and I must say that I hadn't heard any rumor of their spliting up yet. In fact, they haven't had this fight yet! And another things like that have happend to me in other situations. I definitely have premonitions sometimes. And I guess you too Cliff...

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:41 pm

Stratolily wrote:
iron_thunder wrote:Wow, i'm so disillusioned it's not even funny.
No Iron Thunder. This is not even close to what happend to Stratovarius last year. Tuomas fired Tarja cause she didn't want to do anything for Nightwish, like never writing a song and stuff like that. In Stratovarius case, Timo T fired Timo K cause he wanted to colaborete with the band and TT didn't allow him to do that. So, it's a completely different situation...

I hope not to read anyone making this comparison again, please... :wink:
And besides Tuomas is not maniac-depressive (or is he ?) and anyway it is not only him firing Tarja but the four guys unanimously.

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:54 pm

Stratolily wrote: No Iron Thunder. This is not even close to what happend to Stratovarius last year. Tuomas fired Tarja cause she didn't want to do anything for Nightwish, like never writing a song and stuff like that. In Stratovarius case, Timo T fired Timo K cause he wanted to colaborete with the band and TT didn't allow him to do that. So, it's a completely different situation...
And the difference between Nightwish and Stratovarius is that Timo T is sick (he's conscious about it now like the others guys in the band and they're back) and Tarja is not.
Maybe she went crazy about money there..:roll:

When Stratovarius came to Chile in 2003 almost same thing happend to me...
They played a medley in that gig, with "We hold the key", "Hands fo time", etc. a lot of old songs and it was so great!. But when they started this medley, I had a really bad feeling, so I told to my ex: "Damn it! They're saying "Good Bye", they're gonna split up!". It was on agost, and I must say that I hadn't heard any rumor of their spliting up yet. In fact, they haven't had this fight yet! And another things like have happend to me in other situations. I definitely have premonitions sometimes. And I guess you too Cliff...

I've heard about some rumours of the Nightwish's split since a long time...
So something was already in the air...
And now, it happened.
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:55 pm

Stratolily wrote: I hope not to read anyone making this comparison again, please... :wink:
Shut up with that kind of hopings. :twisted:
Though the reasons seem to be totally different it may begin a confusion relating to Strato or if they end up with understanding in the future which could mean Tarja would come back to the band.

The only thing which is sure that we will see what will happen. :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:01 pm

Well, let's see indeed what will happen in a near future.
But Tarja ignored that her husband was implicated in this?
Well...Strange... :roll:
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:05 pm

I've read on NW's french fanclub board that Tuomas has already chosen the next vocalist, but he's wot willing to tell her name yet.

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:09 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:I've read on NW's french fanclub board that Tuomas has already chosen the next vocalist, but he's wot willing to tell her name yet.
did tuomas post that?

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:18 pm

Dave wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:I've read on NW's french fanclub board that Tuomas has already chosen the next vocalist, but he's wot willing to tell her name yet.
did tuomas post that?
Nope, the one who posted that said he heard it on finnish radio. There's also this : http://www.yle.fi/uutiset/vasen/id19667.html - If a finn could tell us what it says that would be nice.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:23 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote: Nope, the one who posted that said he heard it on finnish radio. There's also this : http://www.yle.fi/uutiset/vasen/id19667.html - If a finn could tell us what it says that would be nice.
Tuomas is saying that he don´t want to comment the identity of the new singer. He will inform that when it´s time for it. He also says he has composed something for the next album.

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:26 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote: Nope, the one who posted that said he heard it on finnish radio. There's also this : http://www.yle.fi/uutiset/vasen/id19667.html - If a finn could tell us what it says that would be nice.
Tuomas is saying that he don´t want to comment the identity of the new singer. He will inform that when it´s time for it. He also says he has composed something for the next album.
so he has chosen a new singer yet?
anyway.. thank for translation, i tried to translate it through InterTrain, but it doesn't really work.. :? if i only could speak finnish :roll:

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:27 pm

I love Tarja. Tarja has a great voice, but she's one of the weaker operatic singers I've heard. She lacks power in some songs, and has a very limited range. This could actually be the rejuvenation of Nightwish, as much as I dislike saying that.
A Lucid Mind

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:28 pm

On the article I don´t find clue if he still knows the new singer. Perhaps or not.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:11 pm

stratohawk wrote:well, such things do happen... fucking money changing people's minds. :?

But it's true, I somehow also thought Tarja is not really part of the band (somebody wrote that "guest musician appearance", I agree with that). Of course for the fans and the press she's the one that stood for Nightwish, but I had the feeling she's just there, singing, and not really belonging to the other guys. Seems that it really was like this.

Anyway, it's sad, one of the greatest concerts I've been was the Nightwish-Gig in Stuttgart, february 2005, with a crowd of 10.000. That was really an amazing show, and Tarja did a great job. IMO she gets every single note, no mis-tunes...

Well, life goes on. There are much worse things happening than that. But I'm sorry for all the true Nightwish-Fans. I remember how I felt when Kotipelto was kicked out of Stratovarius. Was kinda horrible...
i am a massive fan of Nightwish, theyre probably my favourite band, and to be honest, this news hasnt struck me as much as i thought it would. sure its a shame, but although many people think so, i didnt really see Tarja as thje one who stood for Nightwish, she was just the voice. everyone knows its Tuomas, Emppu and Jukka that are the real brains of the band.
as long as Nightwish keep going, then im happy, maybe a new vocalist will turn out to be better for the band in the long haul. who knows. all i know is that i am still as much of a Nightwish fan as i was before this unfortunate news.
There are no absolutes in life...only Vodka.