WTF???!!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Paola
WTF???!!

Post by Paola » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:50 pm

Hey people, the post is for tell to everyone Look!! and Say me, what do you Thinking about this??

http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/

Oh, I can't Believe :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

Dave

Re: WTF???!!

Post by Dave » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:54 pm

sad.. :cry:
Spamming is serious business!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:54 pm

fuck... those bastards.... that's disgusting! :x

how did you get on that page?

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:55 pm

This is a website against the use of fur, which shows how many animals are used to make one fur coat, and how they are treated / killed. Sad but true. :cry:

I wish I could do the same to those stupid selfish rich women who smells Channel perfumes, and can't wear anything else than fur.
<b>This is wrong</b>

Bones

Post by Bones » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:59 pm

That's so disgusting :yuk:
So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in, spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive, you must be brave
Or you children of today are children of the grave

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:00 pm

It's disgusting. I can't watch it. I never liked the idea of buying a fur, but nowfrom...
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:40 am

yea i can't watch it either. i'm one of the vast number of individuals who can stand inhumane treatment of people but not animals. blah.

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:52 am

I started to download it but after reading the comments I won't watch it...I can't stand those things. I believe your words and I know fucking humans are extremely and insanely cruel with animals. I hope those motherfuckers die slowly and with a lot of pain. There's nothing on this earth I hate more than human beings that make animals suffer. If I could I' d kill those fuckers with my own hands.

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:59 am

I saw it last week it really depressed me...

it's a bussisness , that's Ok

but

man
kill them first (as cows, pigs, chickens)

if kill shots are expensive, and you can't cut their fur because they get ruined.. break their necks or something, don't take their furs while they're still alive!!!! that's something I don't understand

If I get near somewhere that they're doing that, I'll kick their asses histerically , that's inhumane, bestial.

I mean, they're living things, they DO feel pain! that lil animal without skin all bleedy... but breathing, blinking they're eyes, and trying to move... that's a terrible image that will remain in my head forever.... it's too ... grose? sad? terryfic? it's defenitely the WORST thing that I saw......

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:28 am

I wouldn't mind AS MUCH if they were given a shot or something that was painless. That was just disgusting, I didn't even watch the whole thing. I love animals. I don't believe in animal testing either, except where it may be used in curing human diseases. Not for cosmetics. But hey, I'm no activist, I own a leather jacket, boots and sneakers. That would make me a hypocrite. So I guess I'm part of the problem, and anyone else here that may own similar articles of clothing.

It makes you think though. There has to be a happy medium. What I saw in that video was just flat out wrong.

Jesse

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:24 am

WTF? That website was weird. BUT: What the hell? Nightwish fired the vocalist Tarja Turunen! I can't believe it! Now they've ruined one of my favorite band! I'm still shocked.. and very sad... :cry: :cry: I think that Nightwish can't be Nightwish without Tarja Turunen. Nobody can sing that well. I thought that these guys there were smart.. and that everything was ok. But no. :shock:
The oldest radio rock station Radio City quit 12-8-2006 :(

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:21 am

Wanderer wrote:WTF? That website was weird. BUT: What the hell? Nightwish fired the vocalist Tarja Turunen! I can't believe it! Now they've ruined one of my favorite band! I'm still shocked.. and very sad... :cry: :cry: I think that Nightwish can't be Nightwish without Tarja Turunen. Nobody can sing that well. I thought that these guys there were smart.. and that everything was ok. But no. :shock:
Erm.... there's another topic for that. And I think Tarja being kicked out of Nightwish is REALLY ABSOLUTELY NOTHING against what's happening to those animals.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:29 am

Miguel_Ricardo wrote:it's a bussisness , that's Ok

but

man
kill them first (as cows, pigs, chickens)

if kill shots are expensive, and you can't cut their fur because they get ruined.. break their necks or something, don't take their furs while they're still alive!!!! that's something I don't understand

If I get near somewhere that they're doing that, I'll kick their asses histerically , that's inhumane, bestial.
It's ok because it's a business???? It's cruel to take their skins if they are still alive but it's ok if you break their necks first???? Even if you break their necks, you are still killing them just for the skins. It shouldn't be a business at all, although things are more complicated than that.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:22 am

I can't believe this! :cry:

Human beings are really cruel with the animals (also with themselves too..).
I've heard yesterday on the tv, that in China, some people flayed alive the dogs... :~(

They should imagine themselves instead of the dogs and to be treated like this!!! :x

All that revolts me so much!!! I can't describe it!!! :x
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:43 am

This is not really a scoop... But a little reminder can be useful indeed :/
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:47 pm

I hate to say this, but people have been doing that for thousands of years. Sure, there are definately less cruel ways to do it (my grandmother used to break the neck of the rabbit she'd make stew with), but at the end of the day the animal will be killed, its fur removed.

So give up fur. Give up meat and eggs and milk while you're at it. Hell, become vegan. I should throw away my leather trousers and coat.

I guess because furry animals are cute, it strikes a deeper chord with people. But it really doesnt bother me if they're not endangered species (like fur seals, that's just destroying part of the environment)

In China they eat dogs. They actually raise St. Bernards (yup, Beethoven from the movies-type dogs) for their meat. Anyone saying that's cruel and inhumane should stop eating any beef, because in India (where cows are considered sacred) they'd see that as just as inhumane. Has anyone actually been to a REAL farm? Where they raise pigs and cows for slaughter for your food?

Chickens have it worst, and as payback, nature is unleashing this bird flu virus that's in the news, and which probably thousands of people will die of. I always buy free range and organic stuff (even as a student, I'm willing to spend that little bit extra for a clear conscience) but that is life.

I don't wear fur or like seeing it on other people because frankly i think it looks stupid. Plus its unecessary cruelty, but if there's a buisiness for it, it will continue.

Call me insensitive, flame all you like, I call myself a realist. I love animals, but I love people more.

And anyone who feels shocked when they see animals being slaughtered but not when they see on tv people dying of starvation and people in hospital with lost limbs and dying of AIDS is a hypocrite and really, REALLY needs to get their priorities in order.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:24 pm

Agreed from A to Z.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:40 pm

Life goes on.....
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Heiserich

Post by Heiserich » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:43 pm

NeonVomit wrote: And anyone who feels shocked when they see animals being slaughtered but not when they see on tv people dying of starvation and people in hospital with lost limbs and dying of AIDS is a hypocrite and really, REALLY needs to get their priorities in order.
You're right, but the priority-issue is very complicated, because it's not easy to find a stable ground for such priorities in general. Actually, the modus of our lifes is the consumation of lifes. We can't live without killing. Even plants are alive, and although they are not suffering (or just not suffering in a way that we can see) this does not necessarily mean they are worth less than humen or animals.

All we can do is heed our intentions, and the center of this is usually our own species, from where out we can draw concentric circles: The closer other life-forms are to us, the more we have to care for their right to live and to avoid their suffering.

But after all, even if you're vegan, you're not completely off the inherent ethical problem of our existence...
Life can only be understood in reverse
But must be lived forwards...
I'm losing my senses, I'm losing my senses

D. Mustaine

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:01 pm

htcdude wrote:Life goes on.....
"...and night steals the day
there's nothing i can do woowoooooww...
if you only knew...
how much i miss yoooooooooooouu..."

i'll give a beer if somebody knows this song... :P

Anyway...this always happens, its cruel? yes. Its unfair? Hell, yeah! but...what we can do?

:?
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:14 pm

Poison - Life Goes On???

Yeah life goes on :D
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:22 pm

Wearing fucking expensive furs and eating your meal are two different things. Killing an animal then make it for lunch, and vividly excise it are again two different things.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:23 pm

Not really...you're still killing it, after it's dead who cares whether you eat it or wear it...or both :? It ain't gonna know no difference it's dead :)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:36 pm

Technically speaking, we don't need to eat meat in this day and age. But we still do. We needed to back in the stone age, it was one of the things that gave us the extra protein to develop our brains further, and become modern humans. We also needed to kill animals for their skin, for clothing. We of course don't need to now, but I still possess woolen sweaters and leather items.

Some things never change.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:41 pm

If i don't eat chicken...i die.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:21 pm

htcdude wrote:If i don't eat chicken...i die.
Seeing how this whole bird flu thing is going, if you DO eat chicken, you will
die.

We're screwed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4370106.stm

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:27 pm

Ah well.....at least i died happy :)

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:29 pm

htcdude wrote:Not really...you're still killing it, after it's dead who cares whether you eat it or wear it...or both :? It ain't gonna know no difference it's dead :)
DAMN IT!! The main point it that those animals are still ALIVE while those fucking bastards are doing that!

At least for ME it's the point, not that they are killing them. I'm not vegan, I'm not vegetarian, I like to eat meat. But as far as I know those animals aren't cooked alive, and nobody cuts out a piece of meat from a cow or a pig's neck while they're still living.

That's the difference for me. Of course life goes on... but such things are really a fucking shame!!

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:30 pm

Ah yeah i know that's sick.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:36 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:Wearing fucking expensive furs and eating your meal are two different things. Killing an animal then make it for lunch, and vividly excise it are again two different things.
yeah. well, yes, I think those are the categories:
1.)doing that to an animal alive or "simply" killing it.
2.)after that: the use of it.

But even when it's necessary (for any reason, I don't know) to get the skin or fur of an animal, they shouldn't be treated like that.