Whats your religion?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
MetalAngel
Re: Whats your religion?

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:21 pm

Elazul wrote:My fucking religion is METAL :headbang:
Well said!Image
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:48 pm

Leo wrote:I'm a very big fan of religions....
Maybe it is why I like strato lyrics, because " no religion, no God" is in many strato lyrics...
When you are a "fan" of religions, then I don't understand why you like slogans like "no religion,no god". Actually, Stratovarius also made songs that in some way include thoughts about God or a higher spirit.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:55 pm

Stealth wrote:
stratohawk wrote:I'm protestant, and I would call myself religious or believing. But I won't explain my faith in detail, cuz I know that there are many around here who criticise religion, and I had so many useless discussions with atheists that I'm bored. :wink:
Just be careful not to make the mistake many atheists make. There shouldn't be fanatism on either side of the discussion. Atheists can be as critical of religion as religious people can be of atheism. Although I'm atheist, I wouldn't get into a discussion because I don't see the point. Just let everyone believe in whatever they believe, as long as those beliefs don't interfere with someone else's wellbeing. And yes, I don't agree with any religion when it comes to the existence of one or many gods, but that doesn't mean that I would criticize any believer. Go with whatever makes you happy. :)
Ehm, maybe I dont understand you, but I think you got me wrong. In my words there was not a single hint about fanatism, neither that I'm a fanatic christ nor about fanatic atheists. And I didn't say that others shouldn't believe what they want - absolutely not. Also I didn't talk about you to criticize my faith.
I simply said that I had so many borind and useless discussion, that I didn't want to get deeper in explaining my attitude. That's everything.

Cacho.K.

Post by Cacho.K. » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:17 am

Religion?...what is that?...oh yes! is the one that, the priest or the people who guide that, make fun of the people who believes and say them that God is gonna come to save them and bla, bla...?...no.

I'm Jedi... :lol:

Or, as Elazul said: My religion is Metal.

:D
A quién van a ir a ver?
A Stratovarius abuela.
A quien le van a extraer los ovarios?.
No abuela, es STRATOVARIUS, es un grupo.
Ah!

XD

HTTP://WWW.STRATOVARIUSMEX.TK

HTTP://WWW.THEGATHERINGMEX.TK

HTTP://WWW.DEEPSILENT.TK

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:49 am

"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:25 am

I just beleive in God, not the Church, and I know I'm not going to heaven

elements_pt_3

Post by elements_pt_3 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:09 pm

what is Gaiaist and also who is mother gaia in stratovarius' elements pt 1?

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:44 pm

elements_pt_3 wrote:what is Gaiaist and also who is mother gaia in stratovarius' elements pt 1?
"Mother Gaïa" is our planet, the magnificent Earth. And a Gaïaist is someone who believe in the divine personnality of the Earth : he believes in the infinite power of Nature. Nature is his God. :wink:
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:32 pm

Miguel_Ricardo wrote:I just beleive in God, not the Church, and I know I'm not going to heaven
Very few people are going to Heaven because most have rejected God, or the Truth.
I can't wait to see the looks on these peoples face when on Judgment Day they are proven wrong! :) But, I'm not going to Heaven, either.
I Look on the bright side--in Hell there will be some very famous people there! :D
In Death, EVERYBODY is Finally Equal! :)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Paschendale

Post by Paschendale » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:45 pm

I am a non denominational Christian. I have absolutely no quams about stating my beliefs to anyone. If you can respect my beliefs I will respect yours.

Judging others is done by Christians, other religious types, (i.e. the use of the word Goyim in Judaism and Infidel in Islam) and non believers. It is amazing how so many bust on Christianity but they never really discuss the prejudice and bigoted tendencies among 'other' forms of religion and non believers.
~~When dusk falls and obscures the sky
You´re the shine of the Northern Star
No dead of night can fade the brilliance of your light~~

Paschendale

Post by Paschendale » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:49 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Miguel_Ricardo wrote:I just beleive in God, not the Church, and I know I'm not going to heaven
Very few people are going to Heaven because most have rejected God, or the Truth.
I can't wait to see the looks on these peoples face when on Judgment Day they are proven wrong! :) But, I'm not going to Heaven, either.
I Look on the bright side--in Hell there will be some very famous people there! :D
~~~~Hell ain't a bad place, Hell is from here to eternity~~~~
~~When dusk falls and obscures the sky
You´re the shine of the Northern Star
No dead of night can fade the brilliance of your light~~

Dazzle

Post by Dazzle » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:00 pm

I'm Agnostic...

I believe in god as a whole..The universe is god, we are all inside the universe, so we are all god, the animals are god, even a stone is god, at least part of it, and for me, there is NO NEED to pray or stuff like that, I just follow what my mind says, I believe that this is the will of the universe.

But Jesus Christ? Fuck him...The bible? I piss on the bible! =D

I amd COMPLETELY against religions....But I believe in superior forces...

BUT FACE IT...This force is not human, it's just impossible to understand, but it's a amazingly huge ammount of ennergy and bla blka lba :)
"Gostoso é buceta" - By Jens Johansson

nepi

Post by nepi » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:53 pm

Dazzle wrote:I'm Agnostic...

I believe in god as a whole..The universe is god, we are all inside the universe, so we are all god, the animals are god, even a stone is god, at least part of it, and for me, there is NO NEED to pray or stuff like that, I just follow what my mind says, I believe that this is the will of the universe.

BUT FACE IT...This force is not human, it's just impossible to understand, but it's a amazingly huge ammount of ennergy and bla blka lba :)
Dazzle, I accept when you don't believe in god but please accept too that here are people who believe in god! More respect!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:01 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Lol what makes you think you're gonna have time to speak to people in hell whilst you're being tortured???:P
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:59 pm

htcdude wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Lol what makes you think you're gonna have time to speak to people in hell whilst you're being tortured???:P
We will all be screaming together, I guess! :)

God created Mankind to take care of the animals&the Earth---since we have screwed that job up to the Max, I imagine the Creator is VERY pissed. So, I would not add to that by totally denying he exists--not that would help very much in the end anyway!
But, God did give mankind free will--to choose the good path or the "sinful" one, so its up to us to choose our ultimate eternal destiny.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:06 pm

@ stratohawk: I know you were not being a fanatic. What I said in my message wasn't specifically directed at you, it was just a general statement. :)

I believe in god as a whole..The universe is god, we are all inside the universe, so we are all god, the animals are god, even a stone is god, at least part of it
I guess you don't really understand what agnostic means... You don't sound agnostic at all. And what you describe (about the universe, animals, stones, trees, etc.) has a name: animism. From what you wrote, you sound like you are animist, not agnostic.

And please watch your language when you talk about other people's beliefs.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:25 am

nepi wrote:

Dazzle, I accept when you don't believe in god but please accept too that here are people who believe in god! More respect!
yep, a bit more empathy, please, in such discussions! Dazzle just underlined a reason why I don't like to discuss these things.

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:23 am

For the record, I am Catholic. This topic asks your religion, so that is mine.

Why so many here feel they are not going to Heaven? How do you know? This is how I feel on this sort of thing. Nobody speaks for God. Not ordinary people, Presidents, Prime Ministers, even Priests, Rabbis, or Imams. They can all present a template, set an example, teach. Help you to walk in the ways of your given religion. They cannot tell you exactly what God thinks, and they cannot tell you how God will judge you. These people are all Men and Women, human beings with weaknesses like you or me. God is above all of us. Surely if Hell exisits, it seems taylor made for men like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. Can we say that they are in Hell, beyond the shadow of a doubt? No, because only God knows that.

I believe that anyone, whether you are religious or not, can get to Heaven. I believe that God cares more about whats in your heart, than anything else. There are a lot of hypocrites that go to church every Sunday to put on a good show. It's how you live your life that matters.

It's human nature to judge people here on earth. Society judges the guilty from the innocent. As much as we swear up and down that we don't do it, we all have from time to time judged someone based on how they look, how they act in public. I am given to these weaknesses as much as anyone. One thing I never do though is judge someones afterlife destination. Thats speaking for God.

Live a good life, you should be OK,

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and all the judgemental types are right.

Jesse
"All people improve the gene pool, some by birth, some by their demise".

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:22 am

@ Jester: I disagree so much with your post that I'm not even going to try to explain my point of view. :lol:
Like I said before, these discussions create a neverending vicious circle that doesn't lead us anywhere, because in the end, I can safely say that most (if not all) of us will not change our beliefs, so I won't even answer. :)
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:30 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
htcdude wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
We will all be screaming together, I guess! :)

God created Mankind to take care of the animals&the Earth---since we have screwed that job up to the Max, I imagine the Creator is VERY pissed. So, I would not add to that by totally denying he exists--not that would help very much in the end anyway!
But, God did give mankind free will--to choose the good path or the "sinful" one, so its up to us to choose our ultimate eternal destiny.
Yup, so why choose the most painful one???
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:09 pm

Stratoist, Vaist, Metalitarian, take your pic

Im really atheist, and I really do not think that there is something else when you die, is it really so hard to believe that death really is the end? :?
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Paola

Post by Paola » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:11 am

The humanity doesn't know that...
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:24 am

Paola wrote:The humanity doesn't know that...
I did not mean it as a fact, but practically no one believes that there is nothing after death, most make us some sort of fate or place for the dead
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Just a Vampire

Post by Just a Vampire » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:54 am

The only problem is, that the only ones who know that are already dead :lol:
"now he knows his father betrays
now his wings turns to ashes to ashes his grave"

Iron Maiden: Fligth of Icarus

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:41 am

Just a Vampire wrote:The only problem is, that the only ones who know that are already dead :lol:
Yes and last time i checked the dead tell no tales :lol:

anarchy_in_turkey

Post by anarchy_in_turkey » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:48 pm

atheism some say it is a religion some says it is not ,but i do not believe in religions :)
i destroy to make,i hate to love i live to die what an anarchy causes myself....

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:58 pm

anarchy_in_turkey wrote:atheism some say it is a religion some says it is not ,but i do not believe in religions :)
Atheism is not a religion, it is the lack of religion. And by lack of religion I don't simply mean not believing in a god or gods, but also not having a system of religious beliefs. For example, buddhists don't believe in a god, but Buddhism is a religion nonetheless.

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:00 pm

Exactly, for example you can be Buddhist and Christ.
Spamming is serious business!

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:22 am

How does that work!?

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:24 am

htcdude wrote:How does that work!?
You just combine the thoughts of Christendom and Buddhism. That's alright, cause the Christendom says that you're not allowed to have more than one god, but in fact as Buddhist you're not believing in a god. And the Buddhism ain't violating any of the other rules of Christendom..
Spamming is serious business!