I was dismissed today :(

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
htcdude
I was dismissed today :(

Post by htcdude » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:15 pm

OK, so today i lost my job. If you want to read another boring story about my life, read on:

So last Thursday i'm really hungry, i have no lunch with me, and i had no cash in me wallet, so, i go to the company kitchen, i take a sandwich, and have that for lunch. In the afternoon i'm pulled into the office of the Financial Director who tells me i'm being suspended under accusation of a theft. So i go home for 3 days (had 3 great days of skating!) went to the meeting today and they tell me they're dismissing me for theft.

I went to a job agency, they tell me i might be able to take them to court for unfiar dismissal...i mean no warning or anythign...just gone.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Beast_Pete

Re: I was dismissed today :(

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:37 pm

WTF? This is unfair. They call it a theft? You shouldn't die of hunger... that would have been worse, can't they think with their brains?
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:04 pm

Man wtf. File a complaint. Don't let them do that to you. Did you see any signs that taking a sandwich would be seen as theft? Was there anything about that in your contract? Don't fucking take this bullshit, it's a steaming pile and they probably know it. Fight the decision, fight them. You have rights, use them.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:38 pm

Well the company was downsizing, and theyhave been making people redundant, i reckon this was an excuse to get rid of another person. I'm gonna phone tomorrow and ask if they can change it from a dismissal to a resignation, as it would look a little better on my record!

But i'm still gonna get em for it.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:10 pm

I'm sorry to hear that...
But, does anything good happen to you? Maybe you are cursed...

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:41 pm

that's so unfair. seems like this is the way companies work today in times of "globalization". I'm so sorry for you. Hopefully you'll find a way to get back - or find a new job.

Fuck neo-liberalism!! :x

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope you can get your job back. Just do everything you can, but, yes these days economic times are hard all over the world. I may be unemployed too soon--the temps got laid off a couple weeks ago&the next ones are the part-time permanets, which I am a part of. So, about Summer I'll be joining you. BUT, I hope you can fight this--it sounds like they were just using their explanation as an excuse. btw, my factory has been known to fire people for taking home an ink pen lying around, so its the system, man. :(
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:51 pm

I'm sorry, man. You should take them to the justice.
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:59 pm

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should try to ask for justice indeed! That's really unfair.
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:05 am

Was it a good job? I'd say, don't think much of it, file a complaint with...uh...whatever 3rd party business regulating company is prevalent in England, and just go on your merry way and find a more suitable workplace.

Oh yeah, did i mention, take a dump in the company kitchen first?

Paola

Post by Paola » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:29 am

htcdude wrote:OK, so today i lost my job. If you want to read another boring story about my life, read on:

So last Thursday i'm really hungry, i have no lunch with me, and i had no cash in me wallet, so, i go to the company kitchen, i take a sandwich, and have that for lunch. In the afternoon i'm pulled into the office of the Financial Director who tells me i'm being suspended under accusation of a theft. So i go home for 3 days (had 3 great days of skating!) went to the meeting today and they tell me they're dismissing me for theft.

I went to a job agency, they tell me i might be able to take them to court for unfiar dismissal...i mean no warning or anythign...just gone.
I am sorry... A hug.

The people sometimes are a bastar**. I wish you good luck, you can find other job :wink:
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:46 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Was it a good job? I'd say, don't think much of it, file a complaint with...uh...whatever 3rd party business regulating company is prevalent in England, and just go on your merry way and find a more suitable workplace.

Oh yeah, did i mention, take a dump in the company kitchen first?
Heh well i need to get some stuff form my office, so that option is still open :D

It was an ok job with absolute crap pay, so im glad to be gone, as i was looking to leave, but just not in that way...bloody sandwiches.

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:56 am

htcdude wrote:OK, so today i lost my job. If you want to read another boring story about my life, read on:

that suck my friend, but, theft of what?
do not take this to the court, need, it is way easier if you go and kick them in the nuts, thus you'll be more than satisfied :wink:
See it this way, the dismiss can be compared to a kick in the nuts, so you'll get even
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:02 am

Heh sounds good. It was a tuna and sweetcorn roll....and it was good..i'm glad.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:47 am

Good! Now get to the nut-kicking and dump-taking!! \m/

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:30 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Good! Now get to the nut-kicking and dump-taking!! \m/
heh.. that reminds me..
have any of you read Trainspotting? (please nobody say "I've seen the movie" because this character wasn't in the film... but yes, it was a good movie!)... there's this character who's a waitress. some drunk assholes in a bar are being all sleazy and tasteless, so she pees in their beer... then one of them order some chocolate somethingerather and.. well i'm sure you can figure out the rest.

fuck that was unrelated.

@ topic & htcdude: get them sorted out. i hope at least you can change the reason for leaving to a resignation; part of the point of having shit jobs is so you can have references for the next (shit?) job...Ha i'm just being an ass. seriously though, i hope it works out.

:)

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:44 pm

Yeah! Trainspotting is one of my favourite books. I tip my hat to Danny Boyle for daring to attempt to make it a film. I love the film almost as much as the book, which is saying something.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:05 pm

I'm sorry dude, that sucks. I hope you'll find a better job.. That company had a really strict rules.. It's like in Matrix "You choose either to come to work in time or find another job" :x
The oldest radio rock station Radio City quit 12-8-2006 :(

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:09 pm

Wanderer wrote:I'm sorry dude, that sucks. I hope you'll find a better job.. That company had a really strict rules.. It's like in Matrix "You choose either to come to work in time or find another job" :x
That's not even too strict. It's the responsibility of the employee to honour his contract and do his job by turning up to work in a timely fashion. Perfectly understandable. Eating a sandwich in the corporate kitchen that wasn't marked as 'PROPERTY OF xxxxx EATING OF WHICH WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION' on the other hand is not reasonable.

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:17 pm

Today I've known that I'll be dismissed in 2 month... :?

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:41 pm

Sucks man, seems that everyone on this forum is losing their jobs! :cry:

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:55 pm

Not me!

I'm voluntarily quitting!! :D
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:59 pm

Me neither, I don't have a job atm. I'm a good-for-nothing parasite student :D

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:35 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Me neither, I don't have a job atm. I'm a good-for-nothing parasite student :D
that's th attitude :D

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:46 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Me neither, I don't have a job atm. I'm a good-for-nothing parasite student :D
Same here. :wink:

Though I must start applying for a job sooner or later...
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:57 pm

IceBreaker wrote:

nah, if you can you better enjoy your parasite status :)

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:52 pm

IceBreaker wrote:

Me too! but I'm getting a job in the next 3 weeks. :)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:13 am

Equinox wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:

Me too! but I'm getting a job in the next 3 weeks. :)
Doing what?

Heiserich

Post by Heiserich » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:29 am

:lol: I'm a parasite for 6 days of the week, but I still have a job on Fridays. That's the reason why I mostly post on Fridays :wink:

However, my contract is running out next month, and my boss isn't there right now. Hope I don't lose my job, coz I would really get in financial trouble then...
Life can only be understood in reverse
But must be lived forwards...
I'm losing my senses, I'm losing my senses

D. Mustaine

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:16 pm

htcdude wrote:Sucks man, seems that everyone on this forum is losing their jobs! :cry:
First of all, I'm really sorry to hear that you've been fired :-(

It's obvious to me that this "thief" thing was just an excuse to get separated of "redondant" workers (the economic problems that you mentionned).
If I was You, I'd suit the company right away. It's really not normal that such a company can act like that!!! If you don't suit them, then you can expect that this company will do the same thing again, just like other companies.
And think of it, you're from UK, most of those "you're just a spot in the company, I fire you whenever I want for whatever reason and you have nothing to say!" happens only in high corrupted or low developped countries like Thailand or Russia.

One friend of mine, she used to work for Lufthansa. She had an horrible working time table (had to work two days during the days, the next two days during the evenings and the 2 next days during the night), she had to work in several aeroport (one day in Cologne, the next day in Frankfurt, the next day in Munchen...), and got quite a bad salary.
But one day, the CEO decided that the company had to save money, so they asked to the workers "do you accept to work more, and get a lower salary". Of course, my friend said "no! never!!!", and then she got a letter "you didn't accept the offer that we made to you. Due to economic issues, we have no other choice but dismiss you. blabla...".
That's a good example of what is the "job market" nowadays.
Companies asks people to work more and more for a lower and lower salary and try to pay lower and lower taxes. They look more and more for students (sometimes from abroad, like Romania or Singapore) to work for their training period and actually work like a normal worker, and everything of course free of charge! Many of the companies nowadays move their offices to low-cost countries (like Maroc or China), or delocalise some of their services (most of the call-centers are based in low cost countries. ask HP, Acer or Dell), so they can pay less taxes, and have employers that they can pay only 100€ a month.

I will always remember my experience in a start-up internet company.
We didn't get any salary for more than 3 months (which is totally illegal). Most of the workers had a family, some children and it was Christmas time. None of us suited the company to get our money, because of that "(whatever) I like my company" spirit. Finally, the company got money. The same day, they annonced that they had to fire the "non-essential" workers of the company (which means, of course the ones who are paid 1000€ a month, not those stupid wankers in their brand new office who earned 6000€ a month!!!). I personally couldn't stand this situation and because I had an opportunity to work in a better company, I quit. I guess I'm just too human to stand that kind of jungle full of sharks !! ;-)

The job market situation is really bad and sad in my opinion. It seems to me that everything in this world is based on money. Companies want to be the richest they can.
Wonderful, in about 30 years, there will be only ATM and robots everywhere, with a unemployment rate up to 60% in Europe and USA, and most of the job opportunities in China, for 80€ a month. Ah, I like that...
:x
<b>This is wrong</b>