Finnish hockey team goes undefeated

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Neorave
Finnish hockey team goes undefeated

Post by Neorave » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:21 pm

With USA playing like crap, and the Czechs being plagued with injuries, I'm going for Finland for the Olympic finals. Even though they don't have the best guys, they still have great teamwork.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

MetalAngel

Re: Finnish hockey team goes undefeated

Post by MetalAngel » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:26 pm

I rather bet that Switzerland will be the team winning the gold medal at the Olympics.
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:32 pm

Even I'm normally quite negative at these thing, now I've started to believe that Finland HAS some real possibilitys...
I think that the most difficult lands against Finland are Slovak and of course our old enemy Sweden. Czech too, maybe.

I'm waiting so much tomorrow's Finland - USA match :)
MetalAngel wrote:I rather bet that Switzerland will be the team winning the gold medal at the Olympics.
Well, I don't think so :D But it could be good surprise if that happens!

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:34 pm

I'm waiting for Czech - Czech match...
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:49 pm

MetalAngel wrote:I rather bet that Switzerland will be the team winning the gold medal at the Olympics.
The Swiss don't have as powerful of a team as Canada, USA, etc. but they do have a lot of potential.
Stratofanius wrote:Even I'm normally quite negative at these thing, now I've started to believe that Finland HAS some real possibilitys...
I think that the most difficult lands against Finland are Slovak and of course our old enemy Sweden. Czech too, maybe.

I'm waiting so much tomorrow's Finland - USA match :)
I'm predicting Finland 4, USA 2. USA has had sloppy Power Plays and defense as well.

Unless Hasek and/or Elias comes out of injuries (which is very doubtful), Finland has a good chance against the Czechs. And depending on Sweden...well...Let's just say it'll be interesting. The Slovaks would be a fairly good challenge for Finland. And if you're worried about the USA...DON'T BOTHER...our team sucks anyway. We need to do better than just pick NHL players for our national team.

Mystical

Post by Mystical » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:19 pm

I am from Slovakia and I AM a Slovak... my country is undeafeated too till today now. I will see what happens more. But anyway, I prefer to be a Finland icehockey fan than a patriot :)

tmhal

Spirit In Team Finland :)

Post by tmhal » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:17 pm

Yeah!

Russia kicks Canada's butt and Finland kicks Usa's,so then Finland will play against Russia after today's game :) Go Teemu Selanne&Saku Koivu :) Jukka Hentunen known also as "Joroisten Härkä" will show how to Fight like a Finnish Lion :twisted: Team Finland is soooo United as it can be at the moment and that's why they kick some butt :)

-The Night Time Eclipse-

Neorave

Re: Spirit In Team Finland :)

Post by Neorave » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:41 pm

tmhal wrote:Yeah!

Russia kicks Canada's butt and Finland kicks Usa's,so then Finland will play against Russia after today's game :) Go Teemu Selanne&Saku Koivu :) Jukka Hentunen known also as "Joroisten Härkä" will show how to Fight like a Finnish Lion :twisted: Team Finland is soooo United as it can be at the moment and that's why they kick some butt :)
I hope Russia does beat this shit out of Canada. But, yeah, that's pretty much what this tournament is all about: how united your team is. USA has some great stars, just they aren't very united to have a decent offense and defense.
Mystical wrote:I am from Slovakia and I AM a Slovak... my country is undeafeated too till today now. I will see what happens more. But anyway, I prefer to be a Finland icehockey fan than a patriot :)
Slovakia is very good this year. They always talk about how ever since the country of Czechloslovakia broke off into the Czech Rep. and Slovakia, and how Slovakia was always considered the "little brother" to the Czech Republic. Well, now that the Czechs have lost at least two key players to injuries, Slovakia has a great chance to be good.

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:54 pm

WHOA!! That was a great game. Really exciting. USA was so fast at the end, but Finland still did it! 4-3 to Finland! YEAH!
:bounce2:

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:54 pm

Well, congrats to the Finnish team, for beating an old, worn out USA. Nittamayki is an insanely good goalie.

EDIT:
Stratofanius wrote:WHOA!! That was a great game. Really exciting. USA was so fast at the end, but Finland still did it!
Yeah, the only time USA is good is at the last two minutes of the game. Shows how good our roster is.

tmhal

Post by tmhal » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:27 pm

Neorave wrote:Well, congrats to the Finnish team, for beating an old, worn out USA. Nittamayki is an insanely good goalie.

EDIT:
Stratofanius wrote:WHOA!! That was a great game. Really exciting. USA was so fast at the end, but Finland still did it!
Yeah, the only time USA is good is at the last two minutes of the game. Shows how good our roster is.
Yeah!

Nice game indeed :) Niittymaki played very well and Finland players made a lot of mistakes,but still they fought all the way to the end like players born under the Northern Lights are meant to play :) Mother Russia will win the game against proud Team Canada and then we'll see the classic game between Finland-Russia and if watching the history books,it doesn't seem good for Finland but lets hope the best and fear the worst..

-Sami Salo shoots like a Devil-

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:38 pm

tmhal wrote: but still they fought all the way to the end like players born under the Northern Lights are meant to play :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That sounds like a title of a Black Metal song

But seriously, congrats to the Finnish team. Their country must be very proud.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:55 pm

Of course, it was extra-exciting game, phew. :o 8) Hope for the best for the next games. Also I think Russia could beat Team Canada tonight, but we´ll see soon.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Kain´s seventh son

Post by Kain´s seventh son » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:32 am

So it is... Finland vs. Russia semifinal :D this is so good :wink: I belive it will be much nicer to watch than a game against Canada... thei'r playing style is too brutal for my taste :P losing or victory, this will be a great game most certainly :) got friday on my mind.....
"Even if I walk through all the circles of hell for you, you wouldn't even piss on me. But it's too late, it's too late my dear.
Because I'm already there!"

Protection-Perkele of Stratoforum

The Ruckus Brigade

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:42 am

It´ll be an another super-game, I suppose. But one of the most important things we have to do is keeping our eyes open for Aleksandr Ovechkin. He´s so dangerous on ice.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"