What do women want?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Morgana
What do women want?

Post by Morgana » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:30 am

Some days ago I wrote an article which was called "What women want". And while I was writting this I thought what do I want? And I understood that I really not always know what do I want... And what do YOU thing about this question? What do women want?

Stealth

Re: What do women want?

Post by Stealth » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:34 am

HA! That's the million dollar question!!! It sure is a mistery to me!!! Some don't know what they want, so how am I supposed to know? And I've been interested in girls, but I can NEVER tell if a girl is interested in me, so I always assume they are not... :?
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:37 am

Stealth wrote:HA! That's the million dollar question!!! It sure is a mistery to me!!!
Not only to you :lol:

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:39 am

Well, if it's also a mystery for women, then we are reeeeeaaally screwed!
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:04 pm

Was it your choice to write this arcticle?

BTW.. What did you write, actually? :P
Spamming is serious business!

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:07 pm

Dave wrote:Was it your choice to write this arcticle?

Well, I can translate it for you if I'll have time on this week. I'll post it here :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:21 pm

Without going into details IMO what I want from a guy is PEACE! What I mean is, someone who tries to understand both sides of an issue&does not try to dominate&get angry over every little thing. And, someone who sees women as more than sex objects--I mean, REALLY sees them like that and not give just lip service to that concept. There is a time&place for everything. ;)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:04 pm

As a woman I totally agree with @BEG . :wink:

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:36 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Without going into details IMO what I want from a guy is PEACE! What I mean is, someone who tries to understand both sides of an issue&does not try to dominate&get angry over every little thing. And, someone who sees women as more than sex objects--I mean, REALLY sees them like that and not give just lip service to that concept. There is a time&place for everything. ;)
+1

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:02 pm

Not even women know wha they want. So why bother trying to find out?
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:34 pm

I want a Wolder32 and a Line 6 Vetta II amplifier.

Case closed.
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:01 pm

nefertari wrote:As a woman I totally agree with @BEG . :wink:
as a man i don't know what you really meanby "peace" :D :P
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:41 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:I want a Wolder32 and a Line 6 Vetta II amplifier.

Case closed.
at least i coul make you entirely happy :lol: ... god, that's a woman :D

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:50 pm

Morgana wrote:
Dave wrote:Was it your choice to write this arcticle?

Well, I can translate it for you if I'll have time on this week. I'll post it here :D
Yeah that would be nice, thanks :D
Spamming is serious business!

nepi

Post by nepi » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:08 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:I want a Wolder32 and a Line 6 Vetta II amplifier.

Case closed.
Haha, 100 points to clickwitch for best answer :D

Sometimes I think I know what women wants but then I recognise I don't know what they want. Sometimes it is really strange for a man....

But one thing I know: If a man tells something, a woman can think about more than 10days... It doesn't matter if it's a main thing or just a lil' detail...
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:27 pm

neonlightchild wrote:
nefertari wrote:As a woman I totally agree with @BEG . :wink:
as a man i don't know what you really meanby "peace" :D :P
Compatibility. Getting along without fighting&arguing--that kind of peace. :)
A couple can be wild about each other sexually/physically, but if there is nothing else holding the relationship together it will fizzle out. I think both men&women want that over the long term. Sure, one night stands are great sometimes, but women do not want just that--and I do not think men do, either. A person wants somebody there to be with them in the bad times as well as the good&that, I think is a test of a relationship.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:50 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: Getting along without fighting&arguing--that kind of peace.A couple can be wild about each other sexually/physically, but if there is nothing else holding the relationship together it will fizzle out. I think both men&women want that over the long term. Sure, one night stands are great sometimes, but women do not want just that--and I do not think men do, either. A person wants somebody there to be with them in the bad times as well as the good&that, I think is a test of a relationship.
I agree with our mom here. ( :wink: ) Sex is not everything. Even we need a little comprehension from time to time...it's just that women want that more often than we do...

In another note:

What happened to the ONLY guy who totally understood a woman?
The guy die of laughter.

:lol:

Kidding. :wink:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:56 pm

Equinox wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: Getting along without fighting&arguing--that kind of peace.A couple can be wild about each other sexually/physically, but if there is nothing else holding the relationship together it will fizzle out. I think both men&women want that over the long term. Sure, one night stands are great sometimes, but women do not want just that--and I do not think men do, either. A person wants somebody there to be with them in the bad times as well as the good&that, I think is a test of a relationship.
I agree with our mom here. ( :wink: ) Sex is not everything. Even we need a little comprehension from time to time...it's just that women want that more often than we do...

In another note:

The guy die of laughter.

:twak:

:D

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:19 am

Equinox wrote:

In another note:

The guy die of laughter.

old one, but still the best joke ever :D

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:52 am

How did I not ever hear that joke before? That's hilarious!

Now, to quote Clare, who was quoting somebody else, whom I don't know:

"Stop talking about your fucking feelings and let's go play some video games!"
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:22 am

Clicky is made for me. Easy to handle, as she tells what she wants. You are simply awesome.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:14 am

Equinox wrote:

In another note:

The guy die of laughter.

:lol: I don't think women will ever totally understand men&I don't think men will ever totally understand us--I don't think it's meant for us to. Don't you think that would take some of the fun away from the male-female relationships? Plus, if we did totally understand each other, it might just make us all sad. :( The best thing is to not think too much&just have fun knowing &being with one another! :)

Paola

Post by Paola » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:20 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Without going into details IMO what I want from a guy is PEACE! What I mean is, someone who tries to understand both sides of an issue&does not try to dominate&get angry over every little thing. And, someone who sees women as more than sex objects--I mean, REALLY sees them like that and not give just lip service to that concept. There is a time&place for everything. ;)
I agree with you
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:50 am

To quote Seinfeld from the pilot episode: "Men know what men want, women know what men want, what do men want? Women!" But nobody has the slightest idea of what women want!

By the way, the relationship rules are only written out when the two (or more!) parties involved write/sign them. Anything is possible and any agreement is right when it's all between the persons involved. Monogamy is just one, quite succesful fashion but not a universal rule.

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:01 am

We want to be loved, respect and not to be cheated...
Yes, I still can't forget it, I'm so fucked up...

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:27 am

Stratolily wrote:I still can't forget it, I'm so fucked up...
Well, I cannot forget either, u keep reminding me everytime u post.

Congratulations.
Jaako wrote:To quote Seinfeld from the pilot episode: "Men know what men want, women know what men want, what do men want? Women!" But nobody has the slightest idea of what women want!
The truth has been said.

@BEG: If it may take away the fun. Why then, we try so hard to understand each other? A nice question indeed. Are we bored ppl? Anyway. If we did totally understand each other, u women would be sad (cuz u would know -for sure- that all we want is the chiqui-chiqui) but we still would be confuse.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:33 am

Jaakko wrote:To quote Seinfeld from the pilot episode: "Men know what men want, women know what men want, what do men want? Women!" But nobody has the slightest idea of what women want!

By the way, the relationship rules are only written out when the two (or more!) parties involved write/sign them. Anything is possible and any agreement is right when it's all between the persons involved. Monogamy is just one, quite succesful fashion but not a universal rule.
is not a universal rule but believe me...I really think polygamy is an utopia (at least in us, human beings). It maybe sounds interesting and fun when your feelings are "free". But once you find the one you love and feel connected with, you really don't wanna share him/her. And I'm not even talking about fairy tale stories, but a natural feeling of possesion. So, polygamy would become a nightmare sooner or later.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:39 am

Equinox wrote:

Congratulations.
What a gentleman!

Congratulations.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:02 am

Equinox wrote:

Congratulations.
Jaako wrote:To quote Seinfeld from the pilot episode: "Men know what men want, women know what men want, what do men want? Women!" But nobody has the slightest idea of what women want!
The truth has been said.

@BEG: If it may take away the fun. Why then, we try so hard to understand each other? A nice question indeed. Are we bored ppl? Anyway. If we did totally understand each other, u women would be sad (cuz u would know -for sure- that all we want is the chiqui-chiqui) but we still would be confuse.

If sex was all men wanted marriage would cease to exist because a guy can always find a willing sexual partner. So, men don't want just sex--especially when they meet someone that steals their heart! On the other hand, what at first causes a female to steal a guy's heart---usually she looks smashing! =P Which leads us back to sex! :lol: Oh, its a vicious cycle, but one we all love to go through! :D

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:45 am

Lilith wrote:What a gentleman!

Congratulations.
Thank You. :D
BEG wrote:Oh, its a vicious cycle, but one we all love to go through! Very Happy
Would that make us masochist?