Highly formal discussion involving the Formula One motor rac

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
htcdude
Highly formal discussion involving the Formula One motor rac

Post by htcdude » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:39 pm

Anyone watch it? If it carries on like that race, it's going to be a great season!
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Stratofanius

Re: Highly formal discussion involving the Formula One motor rac

Post by Stratofanius » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:45 pm

Is this is about Formula One, then:

Yep, it was fucking amazing race. VERY interesting season coming indeed, if it goes like in Bahrain.
I'm waiting Sepang GP very much.

natasha_eikemo

Post by natasha_eikemo » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:20 pm

FERNANDO ALONSO FOREVER!!!!!! :lol:

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:56 am

Hehe good to see a Spaniard doing well :-) I did support BMW-Williams last year but they've split...so i dunno who i want to win this year....Alonso again would be nice...i've always thought Nick Neidfeld deserves some wins...not Schumacher he's won too many.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:38 am

Renault forever, Räikkönen forever! :D
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:17 am

Raikonnen is the most boring guy on the planet...and he NEVER smiles! He doesn't deserve to win, never seems to appreciate it.

StratoFactor

Post by StratoFactor » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:55 am

I think he does appreciate the wins but he is just that kind of a person. Besides, who smiles anyways? :D
Aina ei pysty

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:46 pm

htcdude wrote:Raikonnen is the most boring guy on the planet...and he NEVER smiles! He doesn't deserve to win, never seems to appreciate it.
I have to say that you're so wrong...

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:05 pm

Fedor Emelianenko seems not to be smiling at all either, though he is owning everyone's face in Mixed Martial Arts. Räikkönnen is the same type of guy, and he deservers to win the most.
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:44 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:Räikkönnen is the same type of guy, and he deservers to win the most.
Agreed! Besides Räikkönen is many times better driver than Mika Häkkinen was. He really deserves to win much.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:22 am

IceBreaker wrote:He really deserves to win much.
But the McLaren's car doesn't give him so big possibility :(
Of course it's one of the most fastest car, but there are also some problems with it sometimes...

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:24 am

Stratofanius wrote: But the McLaren's car doesn't give him so big possibility :(
Of course it's one of the most fastest car, but there are also some problems with it sometimes...
That´s the fact, yeah. Sad for us Finns... But because of these technical problems, every time Kimi manages to win or get a good position is well deserved. :)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:31 pm

Mika had these problems too. It seems, finns are cursed. :?
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:36 am

Beast_Pete wrote:Mika had these problems too. It seems, finns are cursed. :?
Specially when getting into McLaren... :wink:

ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:15 am

htcdude wrote:Raikonnen is the most boring guy on the planet...and he NEVER smiles! He doesn't deserve to win, never seems to appreciate it.
He's a Finn! Finns don't need to and wont smile!

Like the old finnish saying goes "he who is happy should hide it"
'Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses' - Arthur C. Clarke

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:41 am

No ferrari support? I'm shocked....

but I drive a Renault so... go figure
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:51 pm

Moving to Ferrari would be goof for Räikkönen. McLaren is faster, but the problems just keep coming..
And about smiles.. Htcdude, do you enjoy to see Michael Schumacher's smile? In my opinion smiling doesn't make any driver better than other. :P The Finnish media has been delighted to see Nico Rosberg driving, strange though. The fact that his father is a Finn doesn't make him one :wink: Nico can't even speak Finnish..
The oldest radio rock station Radio City quit 12-8-2006 :(

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:54 pm

Wanderer wrote: The Finnish media has been delighted to see Nico Rosberg driving, strange though. The fact that his father is a Finn doesn't make him one :wink: Nico can't even speak Finnish..
And he drives as a German there... :roll:

Can´t support Ferrari until they got Kimi. If they get him...

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:06 pm

I like Barrichello very much, but looks like this year he has some problems... well, of course, because he is in new team. I hope that some day he will win again :) He has always been one of my favourite drivers.

Bathory Killcraft

Post by Bathory Killcraft » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:35 am

Michael Schumacher is still the fastest of the lot. His Ferrari/Bridgestone combination in simply too slow and he can't do much with it for now. Last year Ferrari was dreadful - yet he finished 3rd in the championship, above Montoya and close to Raikkonen who both had a much faster car. This year he almost won the first GP. I think if Ferrari and especially Bridgestone up their game and level the field then Schumacher will dominate again. Unfortunatelly as F1 is now, you have to have the best car to win. Give a Renault or a McLaren to everyone and they will suddenly become championship "contenders".

I have to admit that Alonso has matured a lot and does a great job at the moment. He does yield the best results and takes advantage of the fact that he has the best car, something that Fisichella unfortunatelly can't quite do. Even if he has outqualified Alonso 2-1 so far this year, in the race he is still not as consistent as his team mate. I do believe Fisi is just as fast, I just wish he could also be as consistent. Raikkonen is very fast too, given a car that can last a race distance he will win lots of races this year. But I am afraid he may start getting used to not winning because of broken engines, mechanical problems and all the bad luck he has and lose his sharp edge or starting becoming complacent. Montoya is erratic in McLaren. He was good in Williams but not so good in McLaren. I think he is on his way out for next year.

Anyway, unless Ferrari and McLaren (possibly honda and Toyota too) up their game and close the gap to Renault, it is going to be Alonso again this year I'm afraid. Honda has shown potential with Williams and BMW also very promising. Button seems almost there but Barrichello is still struggling. Rosberg seems very promising and I do think Heidfeld can do pretty well if he has a decent car. As for their team mates, Webber is fast in quali but not so in the race and Villenueve - well I would like him to feature more in the points - and to some extent he shows better form this year - but I am afraid he is not the driver he used to back in his Williams glory days.

Anyway, let's see how the championship unfolds this year, it looks like a very interesting season:-)
Black Metal is the game I play cos' no one shows me the right way...

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:28 am

Bathory Killcraft wrote:Michael Schumacher is still the fastest of the lot. His Ferrari/Bridgestone combination in simply too slow and he can't do much with it for now. Last year Ferrari was dreadful - yet he finished 3rd in the championship, above Montoya and close to Raikkonen who both had a much faster car. This year he almost won the first GP. I think if Ferrari and especially Bridgestone up their game and level the field then Schumacher will dominate again. Unfortunatelly as F1 is now, you have to have the best car to win. Give a Renault or a McLaren to everyone and they will suddenly become championship "contenders".

I have to admit that Alonso has matured a lot and does a great job at the moment. He does yield the best results and takes advantage of the fact that he has the best car, something that Fisichella unfortunatelly can't quite do. Even if he has outqualified Alonso 2-1 so far this year, in the race he is still not as consistent as his team mate. I do believe Fisi is just as fast, I just wish he could also be as consistent. Raikkonen is very fast too, given a car that can last a race distance he will win lots of races this year. But I am afraid he may start getting used to not winning because of broken engines, mechanical problems and all the bad luck he has and lose his sharp edge or starting becoming complacent. Montoya is erratic in McLaren. He was good in Williams but not so good in McLaren. I think he is on his way out for next year.

Anyway, unless Ferrari and McLaren (possibly honda and Toyota too) up their game and close the gap to Renault, it is going to be Alonso again this year I'm afraid. Honda has shown potential with Williams and BMW also very promising. Button seems almost there but Barrichello is still struggling. Rosberg seems very promising and I do think Heidfeld can do pretty well if he has a decent car. As for their team mates, Webber is fast in quali but not so in the race and Villenueve - well I would like him to feature more in the points - and to some extent he shows better form this year - but I am afraid he is not the driver he used to back in his Williams glory days.

Anyway, let's see how the championship unfolds this year, it looks like a very interesting season:-)
I'd have to disagree, i still think Alonso is the fastest driver out there and would beat Michael in a similiar car.

Anyway it was nice to see Michael screw up and slam it into the wall last weekend in Australia :D

Villeneuve and Coulthard.....i don't know why they still race!?!

Heidfeld still deserves to be in a better car.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:25 am

HTC, I recommend you change the title of this thread to 'F1 discussion' or something.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:32 pm

htcdude wrote:
Heidfeld still deserves to be in a better car.
I don´t think so. As Heidfeld hasn´t still bought to a really good - read winning - team. (BMW is still considered as a newcomer). Though he had been around already many years, even 6 or 7 years I think and he has also never showed well where he could have reached. And that fact cannot just be explained by weak cars.

Just think the season 2001, when Kimi was introduced into F1 world in Sauber. Heidfeld was his teammate, and wasn´t as good as Kimi was in that season, and he let just continue driving in Sauber instead of being bought by a better team. Like Kimi, who moved straight to McLaren for the next season as the replacement of retired Häkkinen.

Bathory Killcraft

Post by Bathory Killcraft » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:20 am

IceBreaker wrote: Just think the season 2001, when Kimi was introduced into F1 world in Sauber. Heidfeld was his teammate, and wasn´t as good as Kimi was in that season, and he let just continue driving in Sauber instead of being bought by a better team. Like Kimi, who moved straight to McLaren for the next season as the replacement of retired Häkkinen.
In fact, Heidfeld got more points than Raikkonen in 2001, 12 to 9 and it was generally considered in the paddock that he outperformed him. That's why Heidfeld maintains to this very day how unfair he feels he was treated by McLaren when they pick Raikkonen instead of him in 2002. And numbers are supporting his views - he both outqualified and got more points than Raikkonen in 2001. Yet McLaren did not pick him.

Obviously nowdays Raikkonen has matured a lot and became faster and better as a driver compared to 2001 but still, back then Heidfeld was the more consistent of the two.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:36 am

Bathory Killcraft wrote:
In fact, Heidfeld got more points than Raikkonen in 2001, 12 to 9 and it was generally considered in the paddock that he outperformed him.
I believe you, just coz cannot remember still the old points. But I just was meaning that already in 2001, Kimi showed his skills and willingness when compared to Heidfeld. And I bet these were the reasons why McLaren picked him up. It couldn´t be just that a Finn must be replaced by an another Finn. :wink:

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:57 am

NeonVomit wrote:HTC, I recommend you change the title of this thread to 'F1 discussion' or something.
Dunno how you do that :?

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:57 pm

htcdude wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:HTC, I recommend you change the title of this thread to 'F1 discussion' or something.
Simply. Just edit your first post's subject name.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:39 pm

htcdude wrote:
Go to the first post and edit it, you'll be able to change the topic name.

Bathory Killcraft

Post by Bathory Killcraft » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:23 am

NeonVomit wrote:
htcdude wrote:
Go to the first post and edit it, you'll be able to change the topic name.
Haha, gotta love the new thread title:-) it has to be, after all, a very serious and formal discussion:-)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:00 pm

Certainly! Everything on this forum is formal! :D