What is spring for you?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Morgana
What is spring for you?

Post by Morgana » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:05 pm

What is spring for you? Is it nice season when all flowers are blooming and sun is shining and birds are singing and bells are ringing? Or maybe it's bad season with dirty streets and lonely nights?

NeonVomit

Re: What is spring for you?

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:14 pm

That question makes no sense because any season can be one with dirty streets and lonely nights.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:07 pm

Beautiful blossoms&flowers, warmer temps, shorts, gardening, buttercups, bluebells, mowing grass, longer days, walks in the woods, Morels(a delicious mushroom), Vics birthday, :) spring cleaning, rain, rain, rain :umbrella: allergies, and Tornadoes. :(
But, I love Spring because it is when Earth comes alive again after its Winter hibernation! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:01 pm

Crazy weather, day brake starts at about 25 Celcius, bumps up to 35 or 40 then stays there until the evening.... Monterrey's weather is just insane...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:50 pm

spring is very strange in Mexico City, in the morning it is hot, i mean, really hot, dry and suffocating, but in the night things calm down a little bit, it also rains...i don't really like spring, i preffer summer and winter.
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:48 pm

what spring means to me? -birthday! :D
i was born in april so spring is my fav season. even when i was in China and we have such horrible weather in the place i grew up. when winter ends, starts the famous sand storm, and it IS a real storm! sand and dust everywhere, ppl couldn't go out, everything is yellow and grey, etc. and suddenly, it stops. and WOW, we are in spring! flowers bloom and birds sing... no words can describe that...

spring in scandinavian? well, i came back from the sun-is-shining-everywhere Barcelona to Denmark 2 weeks ago, and since then, it rains EVERY SINGLE DAY, and snows 2-3 times too.
(it was still raining outside when i wrote this. i would like to see how long will this record keep. maybe another week or two...)
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:18 pm

Just fuck, as spring kills the winter (snow, frost & beautiful sunny winter days). :lol:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Forget-me-not

Post by Forget-me-not » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:50 am

Spring is everything for me!!! I love every minute of Spring, every new flower, new insect, first rain, cold srteams! My heart belongs to spring like elven hearts do..

Soon I'll spend all mornings in my forest
Even if I'm an angel, paint me with black wings

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments which take our breath away

Kain´s seventh son

Post by Kain´s seventh son » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:10 am

Melting... everything literally melts here, ar it gets warmer and the snow fades away... :D cool thing to see how all the white just fades away day-by-day :) though I hate the thing of everything blossoming :D since I'm darn allergic to that thing that they release :?
"Even if I walk through all the circles of hell for you, you wouldn't even piss on me. But it's too late, it's too late my dear.
Because I'm already there!"

Protection-Perkele of Stratoforum

The Ruckus Brigade

Heiserich

Post by Heiserich » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:46 pm

Usually it's just getting warmer, sunny and friendly. But this year, there is virtually no real spring here. It's raining everyday and still it's quite cold...
Life can only be understood in reverse
But must be lived forwards...
I'm losing my senses, I'm losing my senses

D. Mustaine

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:08 pm

lots of flowers i suppose... but over paraguay we are going thru autumn

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:09 pm

Kain´s seventh son wrote: though I hate the thing of everything blossoming :D since I'm darn allergic to that thing that they release :?
yes, :( I do know what you mean! I was sick a couple weeks ago because of that stuff...POLLEN. But, the trees are still beautiful....I have a pretty apple&pear tree blossoming, and there is a GORGEOUS Dogwood tree blooming in the field behind my house. So, I suffer a bit, but still enjoy Mother Natures splendor! :)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Kain´s seventh son

Post by Kain´s seventh son » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:51 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Kain´s seventh son wrote: though I hate the thing of everything blossoming :D since I'm darn allergic to that thing that they release :?
yes, :( I do know what you mean! I was sick a couple weeks ago because of that stuff...POLLEN. But, the trees are still beautiful....I have a pretty apple&pear tree blossoming, and there is a GORGEOUS Dogwood tree blooming in the field behind my house. So, I suffer a bit, but still enjoy Mother Natures splendor! :)
Thankfully there is medication nowdays for the allergies :) they help well enough to get out & take even 6-7km jogging (my personal enjoyment of sports is mear long-distance running :) ) ...after figuring out there is such dopes, I took the catch... they really easen up the "pain of springtime" :)
"Even if I walk through all the circles of hell for you, you wouldn't even piss on me. But it's too late, it's too late my dear.
Because I'm already there!"

Protection-Perkele of Stratoforum

The Ruckus Brigade

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:23 pm

The Rebirth of the Nature, fullfilled of flowers!! All become again more colored and fresh!! :)
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:17 am

Well, honestly speaking I look forward to the awesome late spring when it´s already quite a warm, but the nature has reborn totally. So, the time when everything is light green & the birds are singing a lot. That time of the year is just so relaxing. Also because the semester ends too!

But still I would like to have here more wintry weather right now, but I don´t think so that Takatalvi will come anymore this year. :?
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:06 pm

I like the warmer seasons, so spring and summer. I think, that spring is more beautiful, and has the perfect temperature, but I was born in summer, and as a masochist I love to stay in my room. It is like a sauna during hot summers. :D

Back to spring: I just love to look around in the morning at around 10-11 o'clock. The colours are so astonishing. The air is also clear and makes me freshen up a bit.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Spring is my fav season.Spring is the time of rebirth, everything is blooming , the birds are making nests and everything is so light green and beautiful. And the air is full with songs of the birds. Just lovely. :)

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:47 pm

spring over there means autumn and COLD over here... :?

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:38 pm

My favourite season. No heat and mosquitoes (summer), no coldness and ice (winter) and spring is not quite as depressing as fall. 8)

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:06 pm

nefertari wrote:everything is so light green and beautiful. And the air is full with songs of the birds.
Jehna, we´re thinking in a quite similar way. :lol: :)

mo-ka

Post by mo-ka » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:16 pm

I don't like mid-seasons, at 12.00 is hot and at 20.00 is cold ...and i just have my second sore throat of this spring.
Fortunately I love rain and big thunder storm.
:umbrella:
Every moment is like gold, You'll remember when you're old.

Forget-me-not

Post by Forget-me-not » Mon May 08, 2006 12:18 pm

I've just made a picture of one of first spring flowers in Siberia - a pasque-flower!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon May 08, 2006 1:35 pm

Our weather is somewhat crazy, too, this time of year. Cool at night(I like it)but, it gets up to about 80plus degrees in daytime. Lots of rain(but, the gardens need it)and storms sometimes that spark tornadoes.

Beautiful flowers, though, that the hummingbirds like, honeysuckle, so fragrant.

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Mon May 08, 2006 8:33 pm

Forget-me-not wrote:I've just made a picture of one of first spring flowers in Siberia - a pasque-flower!

It looks like a pic that my sister made a year ago! There are a lot of such flowers in Siberia, right? :wink: :P

coastguy

Post by coastguy » Mon May 08, 2006 8:54 pm

winter lasted longer than usually also in Germany, so that nature is late for lets say about three weeks... so let's feel free without heavy winter clothes. :D
Forgive me if I'm out of order-
this new 'music' has no soul.
It may be good for making money
(sadly this is not my goal)
-Skyclad "Penny Dreadful"

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon May 08, 2006 8:56 pm

I don't like spring. Too much light, the Sun rise like at 6 something and does not set until like 8 or more, Too much light!!! Too many ppl on the streets, too much noise. Too much happiness. Fuck happines.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon May 08, 2006 11:36 pm

Equinox wrote:I don't like spring. Too much light, the Sun rise like at 6 something and does not set until like 8 or more, Too much light!!! Too many ppl on the streets, too much noise. Too much happiness. Fuck happines.
You have an interesting opinion, but in some way I could even second it a bit. Particularly because winter is my fav season. :wink:

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue May 09, 2006 3:22 am

Winter's my fav season too, gray, black and white are all around.
Less ppl around, more solitude, and that means more time for me!!!

You know how good it feels to walk a cold Friday night, without seeing a person around???

I love that!!!
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Forget-me-not

Post by Forget-me-not » Tue May 09, 2006 4:46 am

Morgana wrote: It looks like a pic that my sister made a year ago! There are a lot of such flowers in Siberia, right? :wink: :P
You are right!!! :) Violet pasque-flowers grow at the bank of river, and yellow ones prefer to live in the forest.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Equinox wrote:You know how good it feels to walk a cold Friday night, without seeing a person around???
Yeah, and specially if walking on ice! 8)