My spring 2002

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Morgana
My spring 2002

Post by Morgana » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:17 pm

I wrote this story in February, 2002. Just read it if you have patience (we discussed patience a few time ago, do you remember? :lol: ) and tell me if you like it or not. :oops: It sounds better in Russian, I was translating it during whole evening. :oops:

Forget-Me-Not, I sent you this story in Russian to your e-mail!

Well, guys, judge! I’m a little bit afraid of what you’ll say… :oops:

******MY SPRING 2002*****

Dying winter crawls slowly on the streets, catching with her thin decrepit hands on crying drain-pipers, on wrinkles-cracks in the asphalt and passers-byes’ legs. Snow which was put too much salt in during long months becomes black and grey and subsides down and down going away into the ground under blowing of solar beams. It uncovers empty tins and chip wrappings and miserable attempts of earth to born a kind of grass here in downtown. Old women that look like silent gray crows wander in backyards picking up empty beer bottles. Buildings are smeared up to their knees with dirty, mud is slippery, cats are screaming wild… It’s my nightmare.

Thin ice climbs down my window like fusilladed man climbs down the wall. Houses try to open their eyes and look outside. There’s nothing there except colorless spring delirium. Naked trees look like blind old men that lustfully fumble with their bony hands in the sky. Possessed sun scorches the roofs flinging down faggots of yellow beams. I don’t know whom does it revenge upon… Urban flower-beds won’t bloom soon. I hate it.

Life, dirt and stench are everywhere. Migrant birds from nowhere, screaming flocks of swallows fly to my town, although it’s too early, snow hasn’t come off. Anyway there are too many cadgers – doves, I cannot see them anymore… Crows burrow in garbage squandering trash and dirt to the sides. My neighbor is so glad that this madness has come; he stays on his balcony and smokes as a locomotive smiling with his toothless mouth during whole days. When days are warm he walks in the backyard with similar swearing men. In the evenings drunk companies took their place, and then they swear louder, and scuffle, and break bottles under my window, and bawl songs all nights through…

… at dawn shabby winter died and flowed down with muddy water drops from my window-sill. I’m looking out my window. My town is not simply empty, it’s dead like a stone. Just possessed swallows are rushing around above the backyard screaming like hell. These wild screams are like a knife that unripes this strident clinking silence around me. It’s too stifling in my house. I bungle myself in an old checkered scarf, and take jacket, and leave home. Streets have sloppy and confused view, they cannot understand what’s happened. It’s just spring has come.

This everlasting slush that immersed pavements cannot melt to the end. Town sinks in salt soup which is flavoured with sand and trash. Every street became a dirty river that idly crawls between stone shores-borders. Iron hatches are unable to manage with these muddy streams and choke with agonizing wheeze. Possessed of noxious spring air, vermin rushes around me on the pavements, whistling and jumping. For some reason nobody except me sees them. Passing-byes go by and don’t notice imps that keeps on starting a fight, swearing and knock with their emaciated legs on sweaty asphalt, laughing thinly and shrilly. I dash aside them scared but passing-bys follows with their eyes to me.

…the embankment is empty. I toil myself wearily along the pavement feeling like plague air touches me with its dead breath. I feel vertigo. Pale skin guy with scared insane eyes stands near the cast-iron fence and holds on to it. He seems to see the same. So I’m not insane. It’s just spring has come.

Bacchanalia continues. Something horrible and black is above the river and buildings… Ancient churches have shriveled and their walls became darker. Trees are ready to pull up their roots from the ground to save themselves from spring. It’s impossible to raise look to the dirty clouds that seems to be sickly scabs on the shrill-blue sky. I wish to run away from here but I cannot show to spring that lied doggo behind every stone and in every gateway how much I’m scared. So I walk slowly along the alley and hide my eyes, otherwise it will guess. It won’t catch me with its iron hands! I know it.
I wander on possessed town all the day until cold twilight comes down from the sky driving away shaking passing-byes. Wet air flows to my collar and thrust its cold hands in my sleeves. My fingers are cold and don’t obey to me when I try to bungle myself in lengthy scarf and lap over my jacket. Town looks like a mad who pretends to be still and obedient but there’s concealed threat in its eyes, and its hands are ready to seize my neck in a death grip.

It’s disaster…

Darkness bullies and plays hide-and-seek with me. On purpose she hides figures of belated passing-byes behind gray veil of haze that crawls towards me from gateways. I gaze into dusk faces of strangers trying to see familiar features but beforehand I know that I’ll never see them again. But I still go and gaze… This hope isn’t from mind but from the deep of my soul… Never again…

Cold and stifle night thrust its weight on me fast and implacable like a wave of panic attack. It’s like running from something in a dream but feels that your foot don’t move as immersed into water. I wipe my forehead and try to hit to a keyhole with my key. I step over threshold of my flat but even my own walls are unable to save me from spring. It obstinately leaks through small chinks of window frames and crawls under the door… It seems that I begin to fall into panic and pull away a button trying to come unbuttoned. I try to restrain my fear and go to my room didn’t take off my shoes. I need to sew this button, I need to do something not to become insane…

I rise to a tiptoe to take a casket with sewing needles and cottons from the highest shelf. I feel vertigo and thousand of crazy pixels are jumping towards my eyes like recently thousand of deuces jumped on pavements… I need to sew this button. I open the casket…

… it’s the last straw!.. Oh my god, what for?.. I climb down my sofa hiding my face in palms, and tears are blowing me up… Cuff links lie above reels of thread, needle banks and scissors.

His cuff links.

Earl Grey

Re: My spring 2002

Post by Earl Grey » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:08 pm

Please summarize this in less than 100 words and get back to me.
Yours truly,
-Earl Grey
Angels Frying, Can't Bake No More...
Troll of the Year, 2005

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:14 am

I hope that most part of people here have something to say about my story... :) Earl Gray, your posts show your intellect. :roll:

Forget-me-not

Post by Forget-me-not » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:50 am

I've read your story in Russian. I'll write my thoughts to you personally later :) Now I have to go to university

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:48 am

Earl Grey wrote:Please summarize this in less than 100 words and get back to me.
Yours truly,
-Earl Grey
only if you turn your words into a lockless grenade and then shove it up your ass, then you can come over and write things that comes out from your brain, and not from your ass dude :wink:
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:35 am

Earl Grey wrote:Please summarize this in less than 100 words and get back to me.
Yours truly,
-Earl Grey
I see you're going for the 2006 title of Troll as well :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:09 pm

neonlightchild wrote: only if you turn your words into a lockless grenade and then shove it up your ass, then you can come over and write things that comes out from your brain, and not from your ass dude :wink:
WOW NLC! :lol: That was great! Thank you :)

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:34 pm

Yours truly,
-Earl Grey
We have missed you so much, dear Image
Spamming is serious business!

Forget-me-not

Post by Forget-me-not » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:54 am

I think we should stop discussing the request of Earl Grey and turn to the topic

To Morgana: I've sent my thoughts to your e-mail :)

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:28 pm

I read it really fast yesterday, and the most notable thing is the vocabulary. It's also very dark,sad,gloomy etc. But it's really nice overall. :wink:

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:33 pm

stratobabius wrote:... the most notable thing is the vocabulary...
I use ABBYY Lingvo :D Seriously, thanks for your nice words :P

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:54 pm

Wow, that was grim and dark ... Well written though ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Kain´s seventh son

Post by Kain´s seventh son » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:24 pm

Dark, uninviting, grey.... BEAUTYFULL!!! :) I enjoyed that story very much, increbly well written to represent the darkness and uninvitingness of spring 8) there is something in dark stories that I personally enjoy very, very much :) you should post more stories like this here, if you just have any :) very, very enjoyable and dark... darkness be my friend :)
Damn, I so much would like to make song out of that 8) but I'll wait for a while still :) if I'll ever can and you let me, I very much would like to make a song out of it :)
"Even if I walk through all the circles of hell for you, you wouldn't even piss on me. But it's too late, it's too late my dear.
Because I'm already there!"

Protection-Perkele of Stratoforum

The Ruckus Brigade

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:53 pm

Kain´s seventh son wrote:Dark, uninviting, grey.... BEAUTYFULL!!! :) I enjoyed that story very much, increbly well written to represent the darkness and uninvitingness of spring 8) there is something in dark stories that I personally enjoy very, very much :) you should post more stories like this here, if you just have any :) very, very enjoyable and dark... darkness be my friend :)
Damn, I so much would like to make song out of that 8) but I'll wait for a while still :) if I'll ever can and you let me, I very much would like to make a song out of it :)
Oh fuck you KAIN of course I LET YOU MAKE A SONG!!!! :P :P :P You even ask me!!!! Of course I want it!!!!!! :music: Hell, I didn't even guess that I could hit in history with you )))) :kiss1:

Kain´s seventh son

Post by Kain´s seventh son » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:19 pm

Morgana wrote: Oh fuck you KAIN of course I LET YOU MAKE A SONG!!!! :P :P :P You even ask me!!!! Of course I want it!!!!!! :music: Hell, I didn't even guess that I could hit in history with you )))) :kiss1:
Darn... :oops: I couldn't have even guessed such reaction 8) well, then it is set :D song will be made if I get my bandmates to get up with it :) (and if I know them, that won't be a broblem :wink: ) ...but let's not rush with this one, the musical talent of mine isn't high enough to give right credit to your text :wink: but I'll keep this one on the priority line and get to composing once I hook up with one of my bandmates we'll see what comes up :) it will be a long one, that's for certain 8) I would be guessing 10 minutes or so... :? But I won't keep too much rush with this one :) it really needs to be a good one! :D
"Even if I walk through all the circles of hell for you, you wouldn't even piss on me. But it's too late, it's too late my dear.
Because I'm already there!"

Protection-Perkele of Stratoforum

The Ruckus Brigade