World Cup 2006

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
NeonVomit
Re: World Cup 2006

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:37 pm

cliff wrote:Haha, who would expect France to go THAT far in the competition ? Not me, at least!!! :lol:
I wasn't expecting either team to make it. If you look at my posts at the start of this thread I was all about Brazil and Czech Republic, with Germany as an outsider and Argentina with a small chance.

I didn't even give France and Italy a second thought....
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:50 pm

cliff wrote:btw, hello friends, Patricia, Metalangel, Loki, Cris, Strago, Uli and all the others!
Good evening my friend. :)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:10 pm

Spamming is serious business!

nepi

Post by nepi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:10 pm

Congratulations to italy!!! Nice game!!! I'm happy for you!!!

Too sad's Zizou's farewell with red! He doesn't deserve such a bad farewell but it was his own fault!

It will be a very loud night because all the cars are driving through the night and horns all the time...
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:11 pm

Nice. :) Good for Italy! :)
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:18 pm

Italians are very good in provoking the opponents or the referees (in Australia-game)...
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

BERTA

Post by BERTA » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:33 pm

I'm happy cause Italy won,but i'm very sorry for Zidane,i think he has had a big mistake...he is not a kid :cry: ...i'm from Spain ,and my team is Real Madrid,so i love him...but this reaction is not normal,for a player like him...is the same,the thing that the other player said him...as i said before,he is not "new" playing football.

BERTA
"LA ÚNICA IGLESIA QUE ILUMÍNA,ES LA QUE ARDE"

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:35 pm

IceBreaker wrote:Italians are very good in provoking the opponents or the referees (in Australia-game)...
In any case, Zidane's reaction was unjustified, and that's the bottom line.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 pm

Hmm, my least favourite land won the champion :|

Paola

Post by Paola » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:19 am

Dave wrote:Image
Dam*, that was fast :?

Well, I guess Zidane lost MANY things 'cause there was his last game and this reaction sent all his "life" to the shi*. :roll:

CONGRATULATIONS ITALY!!
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:57 am

Stealth wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:Italians are very good in provoking the opponents or the referees (in Australia-game)...
F*ck, I slam you in similar way, I´m too bored your counter arguments about football! :x :lol:

Still I´m very sure he was provoked badly, which is typical for Italians. But why he got pissed so, a player who has experienced nearly everything did that in his last game. That is impossible to understand - at least now...
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:08 am

No matter what, that reaction is totally inexcusable. Especially from the team Captain, who has a responsibility to be an example to the younger players on the team. A player of his class and experience must never react in that manner. A true shame, but I don't think it will harm his legacy... look at Maradona. He's still remembered as one of the best players ever, and he was a wild man with controversy around him, including drugs and on-pitch disgraces. So, I think Zizou will still be remembered as one of the greats, he did win a World Cup and European Cup with France, and those can never be taken away.

Good to see Italy take the World Cup, after so long and so many close faliures! They deserved to win. Excellent playing, and great to see Del Piero finally raise the trophy! One of my favourite players ever.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:13 am

NeonVomit wrote:Good to see Italy take the World Cup, They deserved to win.
Back to the Australia-game and Grosso´s provoking falling... They shouldn´t have deserved to qualify further. :roll:

What is deserved was winning the final after all. But otherwise... I´d seen rather Germany in final but no one can do.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:18 am

IceBreaker wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:Good to see Italy take the World Cup, They deserved to win.
Back to the Australia-game and Grosso´s provoking falling... They shouldn´t have deserved to qualify further. :roll:
I see you're developing what is known as 'Hand-of-God' syndrome. After 20 years, the English press still refuses to let go of that incident :lol: :lol:

What's done is done. If that's the case, shouldn't Ghana have beaten Brazil, since that offside-goal wouldn't have counted? They were playing far better and deserved victory and with only a 1-goal difference, they could've over come. Plus, if Essien was playing, and if there was a one-inch difference on that shot that bounced off Dida's leg, and if, and if, and if... Ghana could well be the World Cup winners if all those 'ifs' had taken place. And that's just one example, I'm sure you could look at any other team in a similar way.

'If' is the middle word in Life.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:38 am

IceBreaker wrote:
Stealth wrote:
F*ck, I slam you in similar way, I´m too bored your counter arguments about football! :x :lol:
If you don't like my counter argument, shove it up your a** :D

The fact is, you can't be sure that he was provoked badly... In fact, you can't even know who started to provoke, but even if Materazzi provoked Zidane verbally, Zidane's reaction was that of an amateur. If Materazzi started the whole thing, then he got what he wanted through a "verbal attack"; he got a red card for Zidane. An experienced player should know better and laugh at verbal provocations.

@ NeonVomit: We also remember the Hand of God, but more as a funny action by a mentally sharp Maradona. :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:46 am

Stealth wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:
Stealth wrote:
If you don't like my counter argument, shove it up your a** :D

The fact is, you can't be sure that he was provoked badly... In fact, you can't even know who started to provoke, but even if Materazzi provoked Zidane verbally, Zidane's reaction was that of an amateur. If Materazzi started the whole thing, then he got what he wanted through a "verbal attack"; he got a red card for Zidane. An experienced player should know better and laugh at verbal provocations.

@ NeonVomit: We also remember the Hand of God, but more as a funny action by a mentally sharp Maradona. :lol:
Exactly, verbal provocations at players known to snap (Zidane has, remember World Cup 98 1st round?) are a tried-and-tested strategy. Exactly what Portugal did to Rooney, notorious for his short fuse. However, these are usually aimed (and work against) younger, less experienced players.

@Stealth: I always remember it as absolutely hilarious :lol:

Stratovarrior

Post by Stratovarrior » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:47 am

italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy italy
The sky have so cute clouds:)...Wind sings in mine ears:)....Rain drops so nicely:)......There i nice and cool weather.....Birds are singing..... - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'M GOING TO FREEK OUT TO FINNISH WEATHER!!!

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:48 am

Stealth wrote:but even if Materazzi provoked Zidane verbally, Zidane's reaction was that of an amateur. If Materazzi started the whole thing, then he got what he wanted through a "verbal attack"; he got a red card for Zidane. An experienced player should know better and laugh at verbal provocations.
Yeah, you´re right (as always... :wink: ), if it was so that Materazzi did a verbal attack against Zizou, it is very annoying in any case. Either to get anger or just to laugh.

But was Zidane under a lot of pressure because of the final which is also his last game without forgetting he was the captain, which got him nervous and lead to burn his fuses?? Could be but still only a guess. All that might affect an experienced player too. We will see...

And for sure my thoughts are some kind of against Italy as I´ve never liked them which of course wasn´t nice for me that they won.

But furthermore, have to mention that both goalkeeprers weren´t good in penalties. Both didn´t managed to make saves at all this time.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:28 am

I just can state again: The best team of this championship made the 3rd place, and the 2nd best was kicked out in the quarter finals by the best team. :wink:

I don't like the Italian team very much, but still I congratulate them! France was better over the 2nd half and the additional 30minutes, but after what Zidane did... He destroyed everything for his team. It was okay (and after Zidane's attack it was conceivable) that they won the penalties.

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:44 am

IceBreaker wrote:
Stealth wrote:

Still I´m very sure he was provoked badly, which is typical for Italians. But why he got pissed so, a player who has experienced nearly everything did that in his last game. That is impossible to understand - at least now...
Agree with you. The fact is the camera did only show the bad act of Zidane. So what happened before? Yes it was nor fair from him to act like this, as a professional he should not have been act with all that impulsivity...but we don't know if he had been provocated verbally or in another kind of way before. Anyway, i guess the medias will talk a lot about all that.

Congrats to Italy as they didn't have won since 24 years! :)

@Cliff: Very nice to hear from you! :)
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:05 pm

I'm damn happy Italy won. And the fact that Zidane was thrown out, makes it even better. . . WAY BETTER.

Forza Italia!!!

Ha, Ha, Ha at France.

:wink:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:52 pm

Well, I saw back the match and I saw that Zidane done a "f*ck" sign very discretly, hidden by his leg, to the italian player, who didn't support that and said to Zidane "va f'enculo!", which was normal : eye for an eye. That was what got Zidane angry. Shame to Zidane and all the french team for not showing the "fair play". :puke:

But, as I said previously, I didn't support any team especially (except Czech Republic, but they failed on the preliminary tour) and soccer isn't my sport : I hate it and I can't watch any match in its entirety, that's a sooooo boring sport. :roll:
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:57 pm

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Patricia wrote:The fact is the camera did only show the bad act of Zidane. So what happened before?
Actually, in a replay they showed what happened way before Zidane reacted badly, and Materazzi did nothing to him in terms of physical aggression.

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Equinox wrote:I'm damn happy Italy won. And the fact that Zidane was thrown out, makes it even better. . . WAY BETTER.

Forza Italia!!!

Ha, Ha, Ha at France.

:wink:
holy shit?! hahaha, this time i agree with you dude!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations Italy!!!!!!!!!!! :D
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:38 pm

Spamming is serious business!

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:08 pm

It is true that Zidane scored the 1st goal of the game but what he did was something very stupid.

It's also true that Mazzeratti (or what was his name) provocated him, but no matter what he said.. :roll: It wasn't the first time when player A provocated player B during that World Cup.. Anyways I'm glad for Italy. Congrats fo France anyway, they did a good job to get to the finals. I'm still disappointed that Germany lost to Italy.. :(
The oldest radio rock station Radio City quit 12-8-2006 :(

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:45 pm

Stealth wrote: Actually, in a replay they showed what happened way before Zidane reacted badly, and Materazzi did nothing to him in terms of physical aggression.
A lot of people said that Materazzi acted with racist words before all that...
But still agree that a professional here in soccer (Zidane or someone else, whatever), should not act by violence physically towards another player. Here, Zidane should have given the example to ignore the provocations even verbally, but too sad it was not the case.
Let's see if it could be possible to hear a public declaration so it would be more explanative?

Anyway, some people should remind the world cup in 1982 if i remember right, and a violent physical acting from the german guardian towards a french player...The french player was evacuated to the hospital and the german guardian didn't even receive a card. So if it that not called violence and unjustice, what is it?!!
So violence is not recent at all, but it seems that people have forgotten some things years before!
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:41 pm

Patricia wrote:
Stealth wrote: Actually, in a replay they showed what happened way before Zidane reacted badly, and Materazzi did nothing to him in terms of physical aggression.
A lot of people said that Materazzi acted with racist words before all that...
But still agree that a professional here in soccer (Zidane or someone else, whatever), should not act by violence physically towards another player. Here, Zidane should have given the example to ignore the provocations even verbally, but too sad it was not the case.
Let's see if it could be possible to hear a public declaration so it would be more explanative?

Anyway, some people should remind the world cup in 1982 if i remember right, and a violent physical acting from the german guardian towards a french player...The french player was evacuated to the hospital and the german guardian didn't even receive a card. So if it that not called violence and unjustice, what is it?!!
So violence is not recent at all, but it seems that people have forgotten some things years before!
I saw this afternoon a video on a channel on internet that the medical manager of the italian team saying that this is true that Materazzi said some racist phrases to Zidane, anyway, that was just a strategy to destabilizing the french team. Materazzi isn't racist, he had a gf from lebanon, but used as all the members of the team and his coach asked him to do. So, he did it...

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:02 pm

MetalAngel wrote: Materazzi isn't racist, he had a gf from lebanon, but used as all the members of the team and his coach asked him to do. So, he did it...
What the fuck?? :err: Are you serious about that? They discussed a strategy to provoke Zidane with racist phraseology? If that's true, they are the biggest scum of Europe!