The world championship on hockey

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Elanor
The world championship on hockey

Post by Elanor » Fri May 05, 2006 3:49 pm

Greetings to all! Today has started the world championship. And I hope to find also as well as I fans of hockey. I for the Finnish command. They perfectly play. Here I suggest to watch a course of game.
I hope you with me?

MetalAngel

Re: The world championship on hockey

Post by MetalAngel » Fri May 05, 2006 4:19 pm

Well, I support Czech Republic... :oops: As I'm half czech, I consider it as normal. But, I must admit that I'm also a fan of the finnish team. Viva Suomi! 8)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Fri May 05, 2006 9:32 pm

Well, Finland won Slovenia (of course) but they didn't play well at all :?

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri May 05, 2006 10:28 pm

F*ck, these games might become the worst for many many years, because after a very tight NHL-comeback season & the Olympics the most available NHL-players & the stars are skipping these games this time. On the most cases they just can´t be able to join these games. Or in many teams also these better players have had some kind of conflicts with the present coaches and don´t wanna come to play. So, I´m afraid this time the games are going to be very lame... :?

But if Finland manages still to play well, I´m happy, at least a bit.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Sat May 06, 2006 5:05 am

IceBreaker wrote:F*ck, these games might become the worst for many many years, because after a very tight NHL-comeback season & the Olympics the most available NHL-players & the stars are skipping these games this time. On the most cases they just can´t be able to join these games. Or in many teams also these better players have had some kind of conflicts with the present coaches and don´t wanna come to play. So, I´m afraid this time the games are going to be very lame... :?

But if Finland manages still to play well, I´m happy, at least a bit.
Hey, the Stanley Cup playoffs are going on, so they aren't gonna have to greatest NHL players there. This tournament is for underrated and no so great players to improve their skills and get experience so that they can become better.

Getting back on topic, the US team is somewhat craptastic as usual. However, 2 former Omaha Lancer players (from the USHL) are on the USA team: Ryan Malone and Yan Stasny. I'm pretty excited about that!
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sat May 06, 2006 5:50 am

Neorave wrote: Hey, the Stanley Cup playoffs are going on, so they aren't gonna have to greatest NHL players there. This tournament is for underrated and no so great players to improve their skills and get experience so that they can become better.
Of course but actually the players from the eliminated teams are or could be available. But most of them just haven´t a will to come and play.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Sun May 07, 2006 10:05 am

I congratulate! Suomi has won at Slovakia :o :o . Game between Suomi and Latvia today takes place. And certainly I congratulate guys from the command Russia which have crushed Kazakhstan with the account 10:1 :o :o . IceBreaker the rights, here there are no those best players Olympic games and NHL. But game turns out very interestingly

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sun May 07, 2006 1:37 pm

Elanor wrote:I congratulate! Suomi has won at Slovakia :o :o
It would be SUPER-SURPRISE if Slovenia would have won Finland...
but yesterday it was very good surprise when Belarus won Slovakia! :P

Tonight is Finland - Latvia game, let's see what happens there...

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Sun May 07, 2006 1:59 pm

I too would be surprised if Slovakia has won at Finland. Recently I came on a site of the Finnish command, but my knowledge in Finnish small and consequently I there have understood nothing.
Really, we shall look that today will be.... :o :o :o :o

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sun May 07, 2006 9:53 pm

Finland played good game against Latvia. Even Latvia-team wasn't very good, I'm very impressed of the result (5-0).

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Sun May 07, 2006 10:14 pm

Stratofanius wrote:Finland played good game against Latvia. Even Latvia-team wasn't very good, I'm very impressed of the result (5-0).

You are right, game was very interesting. The goalkeeper the good fellow. Finland perfectly played. All my family was a fan of them :o :o

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon May 08, 2006 12:27 am

^^Slovakia? They had played against Slovenia during this tornament yet, not Slovakia, which though is suffering a lot because of declined stars.

Mystical

Post by Mystical » Mon May 08, 2006 2:10 am

MetalAngel wrote:Well, I support Czech Republic... :oops: As I'm half czech, I consider it as normal. But, I must admit that I'm also a fan of the finnish team. Viva Suomi! 8)
I'm looking forward to see Czechs and Slovaks against again :)
But Suomi is my number one :evil:

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Mon May 08, 2006 11:09 am

IceBreaker wrote:^^Slovakia? They had played against Slovenia during this tornament yet, not Slovakia, which though is suffering a lot because of declined stars.
They the truth played against Slovenia. At us this match did not transfer also I has learned about it only on a site of a command. I am sorry :(

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 09, 2006 6:56 pm

Tonight's game Finland vs. Czech will be exciting.. I hope that Switzerland would be good again. At least they were good at Torino...

It's great to see Neorave here again.. I wonder is he gonna post here when the Sabres kick the Senators to join their vacation... :D

I support Austria, I dislike some of the Finnish players :D and the coach..
The oldest radio rock station Radio City quit 12-8-2006 :(

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Tue May 09, 2006 9:00 pm

After 2 periods... Not good hockey. Either way the match will end, I wasted some good beers warming up for the event. :roll:

Don't know about this referee policy, I always wanted good, clean game without ugly and dangerous shit going on, but somehow if most of the match is powerplay vs. powerplay one way and the other way, I don't really enjoy it, 5 vs. 5 is the way to play this damned game.

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Tue May 09, 2006 10:00 pm

Well, but Finland didn't lose, that's something :wink: 3-3
Average playing most of time, but good result!

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Tue May 09, 2006 10:22 pm

At us game will transfer late at night, I shall try to look. Tomorrow for work early to rise. I trust they will win. :)
I consider that they have picked up quite good structure. Why the some people consider that it is a weak command? :(

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Tue May 09, 2006 10:58 pm

The 3rd period was quite bad too. The referee line suddenly changed and seems like the period could've done very well without a referee at all. Ice hockey in the past couple years has been under such pressure to change this and that, nobody seems to know what the rules and the idea of the game is anymore.

As a Finn, I'm obviously satisfied to get even in the 3rd period but the match was far from a good hockey match. This is EXACTLY why I love football the most.

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Wed May 10, 2006 9:11 pm

Today I have looked through a match. Very strongly experienced seeing the account in the bad party. But all has changed. :D :D
And somebody looked a match Ukraine-Italy?. It was Such match, to look it it was very interesting. Especially last 2 minutes when commands have fought. One have sent in hospital (from Ukraine)...

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Fri May 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Tonight game between Finland and USA. It is possible to guess who will win...

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Fri May 12, 2006 9:53 pm

Yeah, Finland won 4-0. It was very good game today and not much penaltys. Great playing!

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Sat May 13, 2006 8:48 pm

Mystical wrote:
MetalAngel wrote:Well, I support Czech Republic... :oops: As I'm half czech, I consider it as normal. But, I must admit that I'm also a fan of the finnish team. Viva Suomi! 8)
I'm looking forward to see Czechs and Slovaks against again :)
But Suomi is my number one :evil:
Hehe, that would be great for the Czech team to meet Brat'ia Slovaci... :D

I wonder what team will win? 8)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 15, 2006 12:07 pm

Tonight: Finland vs. Canada Fuck, the gardiner (head coach E. Westerlund) took that busterd Olli Jokinen to the team. If he can't score against Canada he should go back to Florida and stay there :x
The oldest radio rock station Radio City quit 12-8-2006 :(

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Tue May 16, 2006 2:00 pm

What happens with Niittymäki? :(
It is completely not good news that Canada has won, I so experienced

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Tue May 16, 2006 3:14 pm

Very bad game against Canada, I'm not happy with the result and Finland's playing.

Elanor

Post by Elanor » Tue May 16, 2006 5:27 pm

But it does not mean that they have lost. It will give them a lesson what to lose it is impossible

Mystical

Post by Mystical » Wed May 17, 2006 8:35 pm

Yesterday Finland, today Slovakia. STOP Canada!
Poor Križan. :(

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Wed May 17, 2006 9:12 pm

Slovakia's playing went down after first goal. However, tomorrow it's game between Finland and Belarus and actually I even little hope that Belarus would win :) But of course if Finland wins that's fine also.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Thu May 18, 2006 2:00 am

I don´t know... This tornament is the first Hockey championship which doesn´t interest me at all since around 15 years!