To be beautiful...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
cliff
Re: To be beautiful...

Post by cliff » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:51 am

StragOvariuS wrote:She needs looks like Sylvia Saint, bring some beer for us while we watch the world cup and NEVER discuss our relationship... 8)
That's a perfect woman you're talking about, but come on, it doesn't exist : they always have to talk while we watch TV! :lol:
<b>This is wrong</b>

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:57 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:... bring some beer for us while we watch the world cup...
If I ever will bring to my man a bottle of beer during he watches the World Cup I will do it just for breaking it up his head and bringing him uncouncious to bed... :oops: :twisted:

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:37 am

Stealth wrote:NO MAKE UP!!!!!!!
QFT! Make up FTL! Natural Women FTW!
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:03 am

Beast_Pete wrote:QFT! Make up FTL! Natural Women FTW!
What the heck does that mean??
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:01 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:QFT! Make up FTL! Natural Women FTW!
What the heck does that mean??
I was about to ask the same. :?
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:12 am

Beast_Pete wrote:
Stealth wrote:NO MAKE UP!!!!!!!
QFT! Make up FTL! Natural Women FTW!
QFT = Quote For Truth.
FTL = Faster Than Light
FTW = For The Win

I guess we are all less stupid now :)
<b>This is wrong</b>

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:31 am

cliff wrote:I guess we are all less stupid now :)
Ah, no no, I'm still as stupid as ever. Hope you don't mind.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:51 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
Why should he mind? 8) However, I agree with that. Too much makeup hides the beauty of a woman and does NOT emphasises it.

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:04 pm

stratohawk wrote:
HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
Why should he mind? 8) However, I agree with that. Too much makeup hides the beauty of a woman and does NOT emphasises it.
Yes, too much makeup hides the beauty of some women.

But for some other women, if they had not any makeup, they would look like quite awful and faded. Look at some actresses without makeup as Cliff said in another post above, they're not great at all. :wink:
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:46 pm

IMO all that makeup is way too much maintenence. Who really wants to do that every day, and constantly be checking it to make sure it isn't faded or smudged, and reapplying it every few hours, and so on? I think that everyone should be able to find a style that accentuates their look (whether they're pretty or not), and be able to achieve some kind of "home-made" beauty even without makeup. There's clothes for every body type, there's hairstyles for every face, there's piercings, colourings, and accessories for every personality and look. I really believe the same beautiful result can be achieved without makeup and constant maintenence. Everyone just needs to find their niche.

Well, that's my opinion, anyway....

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:55 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:IMO all that makeup is way too much maintenence. Who really wants to do that every day, and constantly be checking it to make sure it isn't faded or smudged, and reapplying it every few hours, and so on? I think that everyone should be able to find a style that accentuates their look (whether they're pretty or not), and be able to achieve some kind of "home-made" beauty even without makeup. There's clothes for every body type, there's hairstyles for every face, there's piercings, colourings, and accessories for every personality and look. I really believe the same beautiful result can be achieved without makeup and constant maintenence. Everyone just needs to find their niche.

Well, that's my opinion, anyway....
sounds great to me! :)

miditek

Post by miditek » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:46 pm

NeonVomit wrote: But that physical attraction can totally evaporate if she's a stupid ignorant bitch.
A very good analogy, Based on my own experiences, this is largely true. A bad attitude or demanding personality ruins it for me.

Too much emphasis is placed, I believe, on physical attributes, without really wanting to know who the person is, rather than mere appearances.

Forget-me-not

Post by Forget-me-not » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:08 am

NO MAKE UP!!!!!!!
Who has anything against make up?

Cosmetics helps to conceal natural beauty and not to be in the centre of undesirable attention Image

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:09 pm

cliff wrote:
StragOvariuS wrote:She needs looks like Sylvia Saint, bring some beer for us while we watch the world cup and NEVER discuss our relationship... 8)
That's a perfect woman you're talking about, but come on, it doesn't exist : they always have to talk while we watch TV! :lol:
Or ask you to buy something or do when the match starts! :x

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:47 pm

Yeah, you guys are definitely dating the wrong women. Why do you even get involved with people who don't share your same interests....or even worse, people who actually hinder your interests?! It seems to me that goes against the very grain of companionship.

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:10 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Yeah, you guys are definitely dating the wrong women. Why do you even get involved with people who don't share your same interests....or even worse, people who actually hinder your interests?! It seems to me that goes against the very grain of companionship.
Ouch!
that really hurted!

even though we share the same interests, yesterday i noticed i am dating the wrong woman... :roll:
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:18 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Yeah, you guys are definitely dating the wrong women. Why do you even get involved with people who don't share your same interests....or even worse, people who actually hinder your interests?! It seems to me that goes against the very grain of companionship.
I agree 666%

That's why one of the reasons i left my last gf...could not live with that situation. But isnt that easy to find you wearing skirts/pants.

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:50 pm

Patricia wrote:But for some other women, if they had not any makeup, they would look like quite awful and faded. Look at some actresses without makeup as Cliff said in another post above, they're not great at all. :wink:
Today I had no make up and went to my University to solve some probs with documents. And when three people independently of each other asked me if I'm ill I decided to have make up every day and every second of my life... :roll: :?

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:50 pm

NeonVomit wrote:But that physical attraction can totally evaporate if she's a stupid ignorant bitch.
Well said... :(

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:51 pm

Morgana wrote:
Patricia wrote:But for some other women, if they had not any makeup, they would look like quite awful and faded. Look at some actresses without makeup as Cliff said in another post above, they're not great at all. :wink:
Today I had no make up and went to my University to solve some probs with documents. And when three people independently of each other asked me if I'm ill I decided to have make up every day and every second of my life... :roll: :?
Mmm... You should ask them if they are mentally ill...

:?
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:56 pm

Stealth wrote: Mmm... You should ask them if they are menatlly ill...

You're the only who thinks so :) Thanks for it dear... :oops: Because I know that you really think so... :P

miditek

Post by miditek » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:34 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Yeah, you guys are definitely dating the wrong women.
That's a classic problem to be sure, and does not seem to change as I get older.
HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Why do you even get involved with people who don't share your same interests....or even worse, people who actually hinder your interests?!
Sometimes when you meet someone, you just have to take things slowly, and see how things turn out.

You'd be surprised at how many friends that I had played in bands with that were pursused by girls that like musicians, and then only to be told "it's them or me!" A bit sad....
HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:It seems to me that goes against the very grain of companionship.
Yes, it does. Unfortunately, it's simply not possible to know more about someone without spending time with them and seeing how they really are.

If I could get away with running background checks and psychological exams of people that I'd dated in the past, I'd have jumped at the opportunity. :lol:

One former girlfriend had a cat that did not like me, but she had claimed that it was not my fault, and that the house was actually haunted by her late sister-in-law's ghost, which was why the cat was upset. (After that, I headed for the exit at Warp Factor 8-!)

Kain´s seventh son

Post by Kain´s seventh son » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:42 pm

Stealth wrote:
Morgana wrote:
Mmm... You should ask them if they are mentally ill...

I really have to second that... I see nothing wrong in make-up, but I too prefer natural face of whemen :) or if so, only light make-up...
I somewhat enjoy using some eye make-up myself ( :D ), so I can't be too judgemental about using the beauty products... But as Stealth stated, you should ask them are they mentally ill... :?
"Even if I walk through all the circles of hell for you, you wouldn't even piss on me. But it's too late, it's too late my dear.
Because I'm already there!"

Protection-Perkele of Stratoforum

The Ruckus Brigade

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:36 pm

Everyone is beautiful in his/her manner. Everyone is unic.
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:52 pm

To tell you the truth, what is beauty? If you think about it, beauty is something that bring aesthetic pleasure to us, meaning that that something is very responsive to or appreciative of what is pleasurable to the senses. Does that always have to deal with appearances? Crap, no!

It could be a person's personality. They could have a beautiful personality, with lots of interests and hobbies. Or they could be mentally beautiful (intelligence), spiritually beautiful, etc. It doesn't have to be physical beauty.

I guess all I'm saying is don't stereotype beauty as just physical. It's so much more than that.

EDIT: ...wow...did I say all that...
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

StratoFactor

Post by StratoFactor » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:29 pm

PErfect and normal are impossible things, but what makes a girl beautiful... well all men have different kind of views, but in my opinion, a girl is beautiful when she has an own and unique style, sure outer appearance is a plus, but a good sense of humor and feelings and all that stuf is way more important than huge breasts and all that model industry bullshit , really,"moni kakku päältä kaunis." Is one of the best sayings I have ever heard. (Jep, olihan siinä taas asiaa pieneksi aikaa.)

-With loads of love to all the women out there :lol: StratoFactor
Aina ei pysty