Rhapsody Of Fire

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Mormegil
Rhapsody Of Fire

Post by Mormegil » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:23 pm

Rhapsody Of Fire: A new era of film score metal has arrived.

Due to copyright and trademark issues the band formerly known as Rhapsody has changed its name. The band members consider this a great new start, reflecting the emboldened and increasingly grandiose direction that their music has taken. “The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before,” says guitarist/songwriter Luca Turilli. Keyboardist/songwriter Alex Staropoli adds, “The name Rhapsody Of Fire better represents the energy that has always been present in this band and its music.”

With a new record company in Magic Circle Music, a new tour planned and a new album on the way, Rhapsody Of Fire will continue to explore musical fantasy worlds with the precision musicianship and unique symphonic concepts that their fans have come to expect and adore. Fresh on the heels of the band’s first live album release, Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret, a new name and renewed vigor ensure that Rhapsody Of Fire still hold the passion and power that have always been associated with their music.

http://www.rhapsodyoffire.com/index.php

Holy... thunderforce. :P I would've preferred "The Rhapsody".

StragOvariuS

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm

ahahahah, better than the last zidane gifs. Or much more fun.

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:07 am

Sounds bad.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:00 am

This is a joke, right? Can this band be more ridiculous than it is now?
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:01 am

Shurik wrote:This is a joke, right? Can this band be more ridiculous than it is now?
I think that's the whole point. To completely descend into fantasy and madness and ridiculousness.

I support them 100% in what they're doing, it takes courage!

I can't listen to them for more than about half an hour at a time, though :shock: they get a bit TOO much.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:19 am

The development this band's going through is so strange. I know them from the beginning, I loved "Symphony of Enchanted Lands", and I knew from the beginning, that they are not a Live Band. I saw their gigs, they are a desaster. I also liked their next albums (Dawn of Victory is one of the best albums I know, and also Power of the Dragonflame is great). It was obvious that they tried to change their style on those, to be more live-compatible. But they didn't follow this consequently. And now what the hell did they make a live-record for? That's so needless. Their last records brought nothing new, also not with Christopher Lee, though I liked the idea.

This band shoul decide what they really want to do: Being a live band - then they have to take an orchestra with them on tour, not these ridiculous playback-tapes. Or being a "film score metal band" - then the best thing is to stick to studio productions.

I don't know. They are strange. And the storys which the albums contain are getting boring...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:42 pm

stratohawk wrote:
I don't know. They are strange. And the story's which the albums contain are getting boring...
True, there is only so much you can write about the same made-up story. Even Nile have started expanding from ancient Egyptian stuff.

I generally prefer bands who write about real-life issues.

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:51 pm

When I first listened to Rhapsody (about 5-6 years ago) I got totally stunned with what I had heard! I remember that the album was Symphony of Enchanted Lands For about one year they were one of my favourite bands! But as time passed by I realised that there was no progress in their sound! And that was getting very boring to me! Nowadays, I have forgotten this band! It's a pitty when a band in the beginning seems very experimental, but in the future there's no development!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:30 pm

even if a band would start from the beginning and calls itself "Rhapsody of Fire", I still said it's a strange name for a band. I don't know... They are exots in Metal, definitely, but I think Luca has overestimated himself/themselves.

I still remember, when "Dawn of Victory" was released, it was celebrated as the beginning of a new era, the band's getting more down to earth, gives more weight to live shows etc etc. In fact they didn't change, though "Dawn of Victory" was a great album. IMO they've already passed their zenith.

It's not automatically bad if there's no progress in a band. But Rhapsody... or I shall better say Rhapsody of Fire (argh!), they defined their goals at least three times totally different. Also their self-called style: Film Score Metal. I don't know... As I said: They are strange.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:49 pm

Strange it's taken them this long to get it sorted!
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

nepi

Post by nepi » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:03 am

Maniac wrote:But as time passed by I realised that there was no progress in their sound!
a friend said once to me as we discussed 'bout music and Rhapsody: every song could be written on every album. And I said: shiddy, true!

I like Rhapsody's style and music and I also can see a small, only a small developement of their music. I like them as they are and I don't know what they should do that I wouldn' like 'em anymore...
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:51 am

Behold!

RHAPSODY OF FIRE to announce "Triumph or Agony"

For the past nine years or, to be more precise, since the opening tones of their sensational debut album, Legendary Tales, RHAPSODY have been one of the most unusual phenomena of the current metal scene. The huge range of their creativity, the number of legendary compositions that the Italian band, with their primary members guitarist Luca Turilli and keyboarder Alex Staropoli, have released so far reached now the climax with the new album "Triumph or Agony" .

A new tour is planned and a new album is on the way, Rhapsody Of Fire will continue to explore musical fantasy worlds with the precision musicianship and unique symphonic concepts that their fans have come to expect and adore. Fresh on the heels of the band’s first live album release, Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret, a new name and renewed vigor ensure that Rhapsody Of Fire still hold the passion and power that have always been associated with their music.

TRACKLIST
01. Dar-Kunor
I. Echoes From The Elvish Woods
II.Fear Of The Dungeons
02. Triumph Or Agony
03. Heart Of The Darklands
04. Old Age Of Wonders
05. The Myth Of The Holy Sword
06. Il Canto Del Vento
07. Silent Dream
08. Bloody Red Dungeons
09. Son Of Pain
10 The Mystic Pophecy Of The Demonknight
I. A New Saga Begins
II. Through The Portals Of Agony
III. The Black Order
IV. Nekron`s Bloody Rhymes
V. Escape From Horror
11. Dark Reign Of Fire
I. Winter Dawn`s Theme

Produced by Luca Turilli and Alex Staropoli

RELEASE DATE EUROPE: September 25th

http://www.rhapsodyoffire.com/index.php

The song titles... :D But anyway, I will purchase this on the release day.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:06 am

I will at least listen to it. :wink:

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:50 pm

stratohawk wrote:I will at least listen to it. :wink:
Same here, probably will assit the concert. :D If it is good.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:19 am

All the titles sound like they're related somehow to the intro to Symphony Of Enchated Lands 2 album. Kool 8)
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:52 am

That comment about every album and song being interchangeable practically defines the band, and I love some of their songs but I just can't listen to more than one record without being bored, it is just TOO BLOODY REPETITIVE!
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:09 am

stratoplayer wrote: I love some of their songs but I just can't listen to more than one record without being bored, it is just TOO BLOODY REPETITIVE!
I feel exactly the same... they don't seem to understand the concept of dynamics and musical economy :D

But they're good fun.

HuhJuh

Post by HuhJuh » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:58 pm

i hate the new name..
rhapsody was just catchy..
but rhapsody of fire..
would be better for an albumname i think
no. i cant.. and dont want to get used to the new name.. :cry:
..Trading Innocence For Permanent Psychotic Hell..

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:30 pm

HuhJuh wrote: no. i cant.. and dont want to get used to the new name.. :cry:
you don't have to! :wink: I think none of their fans will. The real name will always stay "Rhapsody".

HuhJuh

Post by HuhJuh » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:35 pm

stratohawk wrote:
HuhJuh wrote: no. i cant.. and dont want to get used to the new name.. :cry:
you don't have to! :wink: I think none of their fans will. The real name will always stay "Rhapsody".
yeah i think so too.. thanks for the moodboost :wink:
..Trading Innocence For Permanent Psychotic Hell..

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:52 pm

stratohawk wrote:The development this band's going through is so strange. I know them from the beginning, I loved "Symphony of Enchanted Lands", and I knew from the beginning, that they are not a Live Band. I saw their gigs, they are a desaster.

I don't know. They are strange. And the storys which the albums contain are getting boring...
I saw them live when they came to Chile in 2001 and I'm agree with what you said. They're really bad live. And they're getting more weird with this new name. Well, the truth is I don't really care about this band, they mean nothing to me, I just wanted to give my opinion. :wink: