IRAN'S Nuclear Capability

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Is Iran's nuclear capability a concern?

Hell Yes--it might cause WWIII!!!
23%
Somewhat
17%
Not at this point--just watch&see!
19%
None at all--Ever!
13%
The World should just mind its own damn business!!!
28%

Total votes: 47

miditek
Re: IRAN'S Nuclear Capability

Post by miditek » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:32 pm

NeonVomit wrote:miditek, are you aware for quite how long Germans and French had been at each other before WWII? And before that, the English and the French? Everyone didn't just become friends overnight. And that was within Europe, where people are pretty much the same and belonged to the same religion, pretty much.
I believe that Franco-German animosity probably stretches back at least 1,000 years, unless I am mistaken. Churchill even commented on this in his wartime memoirs, which by the way, were an excellent read. What I was doing was using examples that even some of the worst enemies in history have eventually made peace after decades, and sometimes centuries, of warfare.

The Arab-Israeli conflict, however, has not been resolved for thousands of years. Christians believe that this has set the stage for a new peace treaty between the Arabs and Israelis; one that will be brokered by none other than the Antichrist himself. It is written that "through peace, he will deceive many."

Already, there are calls among many politicians for a nuclear-free Middle East, and I suspect that the UN Security Council will eventually demand that Israel disarm herself of nuclear weapons. This would in effect eliminate Israel's strategic deterrence, and embolden the enemies of Israel to launch an all-out conventional offensive- with their numerical superiority.
NeonVomit wrote:I feel it is far more a clash of cultures than one of religion. Because religion is just a tool for politics, and has always been. Islam is still an immature religion, in that sense.
Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but I find it difficult to believe how anyone could not see that this is a clash of religions, and the Christians and Jews are certainly not the only people that are at risk. I disagree that religion is purely a political tool. I have seen God change the lives of many that I thought were unchangeable, and indeed, those that I thought would simply not make it.
NeonVomit wrote:And remember, this whole mess is because two sides both believe they have God on their side.
It goes way back- all the way to Jacob and Esau, and many thousands of years have passed since they walked the earth. [/quote]
NeonVomit wrote:And if the Jews are God's chosen people, then why will they all go to hell for not accepting Jesus Christ? Nice move, God.

God has stated in the Bible that there is a "stumbling block", so to speak, between Himself and the Jews. That block is called Christ. However, it is not correct to assume that all Jews do not accept Y'Shua as deity. There are at least 200 Messianic congregations in the United States alone. This would have been unthinkable even 50 years ago. It is estimated that there are at least 100,000 Messianic Jews worldwide, and the World HQ for Messianic Jewish Missions is located right here in my city. Many more will come to accept Christ during the coming wars and tribulations. It has been written, so therefore, most Christians accept this.
NeonVomit wrote:Unless, of course, Jews have retained their identity not through the religion, but because of the culture...

There are religious Jews, and then there are secular Jews. Some of the Jews that I have known have been wonderful people, and very caring and kind. I almost married one, many years ago. She is the one that I let get away, and I still regret it to this day.
NeonVomit wrote:I think Wafa Sultan hit the nail right on the head. Islam sees things in a medieval way (look at Afghanistan under the Taleban; not like it's much better now but anyway) while the rest of the world is moving on into the future. If this carries on much longer, Islam along with many other religions will simply become irrelevant. Without such a harsh religion, how will leaders be able to control their people? What authority would the House of Saud have, or the Ayatollah of Iran?

I think that Ms. Sultan is certainly an intelligent woman, and of course, she presents some very good arguments. However, I firmly believe that once God is taken out of the schools, out of society, and out of the family, then nothing but misery and sadness will be the end result. Look at all of the NFL/NBA sports stars, actors, socialites, etc. in the US that should have the world by the tail with their wealth, power, prestige, etc., and do any of them seem to actually be happy? Let's be honest on that last question.

If Paris Hilton, for instance, is so rich and famous, then why is she in so much trouble all the time, and is so unhappy? The short answer is, everything else but God is important to her. However, I do believe that the jail time she served was probably a good wakeup call for her.
NeonVomit wrote:The thing is, Christianity has evolved and adapted, and is still relevant (inasmuch as any religion can be relevant in the 21st century) and practised in developed countries. I don't see why Islam can't follow the same path.
Christianity has been under moral and societal attack for centuries. There is an old saying that at least half of the Baptist churches (for instance) in my area were started because of fights and schisms in the congregation. Anyone that does not follow God's laws and make a 100% commitment to Him need to find another religion. Christianity is about pleasing God, and not courting friendship with the world and with public opinion, or following trends or fads.

For example, consecration of homosexuals to server as priests, pastors, or teachers is about to cause a schism in the Episcopalian (Anglican) and Lutheran congregations here in the US. Such practices should never be considered as consecration, but indeed, they are rightly considered to be an abomination. No one in the traditional or conservative wings of the church should give even a passing thought to the ACLU's opinion on this, and I would love to see what would happen to any Imam that would "come out of the closet", so to speak.

Islam should be able to be practiced by people that truly believe that is what their god wants them to do. The jihadists, however, must be destroyed without mercy. I once asked a close friend who is a Muslim where he thought the Saudi hijackers went after the impacts on the WTC- and without hesitation, he said, "Make no mistake about it, those guys are burning in Hell at this very moment."
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:27 pm

I thought Israel never formally declared possessing nuclear weapons. Sort of like an open secret. But the whole 'through peace he shall decieve many' is like a call for there never to allow there to be peace - we must keep fighting at all costs because it will be the antichrist who makes peace?
If Paris Hilton, for instance, is so rich and famous, then why is she in so much trouble all the time, and is so unhappy? The short answer is, everything else but God is important to her. However, I do believe that the jail time she served was probably a good wakeup call for her.
You're using a pretty bad example. It's almost like you're saying someone who does not believe in God or religion leads an empty, meaningless, unhappy life which is pretty condescending and judgemental. My life is pretty happy and decent, and I hold no beliefs in anything in particular. And I know plenty of religious people who are miserable and cling desperately to their religion as the only good thing in their lives... which is kind of sad, really.

Of course, there are studies which show people who believe in religion are happier and live longer. So there's that to go for it...

Paris Hilton leads a crappy life because she has never worked a single day in her life and has had everything served to her, not because she doesn't find God important. She's rich and didn't earn any of her money, and she's famous for being a spoilt rich whore, not for talent or actually doing anything worthwhile. That is why she leads an empty existance. If she believed in God and was religious I guess that would give more structure to her life (which is what it lacks) but then again I'm not going to pass judgement on anyone I have never met and know nothing about other than what crosses my field of view while I scan the news.

And I think any religion deserves all criticism thrown at it. But that's just me.

Why anyone who was openly gay would want to believe in Christianity is beyond me, when the bible has nothing but contempt and denounciation for them (so much for God loving everyone eh...)
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:51 pm

NeonVomit wrote:I thought Israel never formally declared possessing nuclear weapons. Sort of like an open secret. But the whole 'through peace he shall deceive many' is like a call for there never to allow there to be peace - we must keep fighting at all costs because it will be the antichrist who makes peace?
You are absolutely correct that Israel has never formally or publically acknowledged having nuclear weapons. However, if this is a secret, it is not a very well kept one. Israel has assured her enemies in the past about the consequences of firing any WMD across her borders- the Samson Option, that I've previously described.

Regarding the coming of Antichrist, Christians believe that he will be the living embodiment of evil itself, and that he will indeed deceive virtually the entire world with his peace overtures between the Arabs and the Israelis. It will be Israel's desire for peace at any price that will allow him to work diplomatic and political wonders unlike anyone else before him. It is the very desire for peace that will allow him to go about his work. Make no mistake about it, the Jews want peace more than anything else, but they and many others will be deceived by this man.

His supernatural abilities will include providing "the way" for peace, although peace is the furthest thing from his mind. Halfway through the tribulation (after 3 1/2 years) the Antichrist will break the treaty, and will lead the armies of the enemies of God for the final battle at Megiddo (Armageddon) at Jezreel in Israel. However, a lot has to happen before this. The Antichrist will inhabit the Third Temple and will proclaim himself to be God- this is a period known as the "Abomination of Desolation". Before this can happen, the Third Temple must be rebuilt in order for the Antichrist to be able to defile it to begin with.

As many people already know, the current location of the Third Temple is now situated on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, which is home to the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Mosque. I do not know for sure if the two buildings can coexist- Ezekiel speaks of the dimensions and location of the Third Temple. Many theologians believe that the Al-Aqsa Mosque will be destroyed during the War of Gog and Magog- leaving little doubt to anyone Who destroyed it, but I cannot say for sure. There are many, many different interpretations of this timeline, and only God Himself knows the exact dates and times.
NeonVomit wrote:You're using a pretty bad example. It's almost like you're saying someone who does not believe in God or religion leads an empty, meaningless, unhappy life which is pretty condescending and judgmental. My life is pretty happy and decent, and I hold no beliefs in anything in particular. And I know plenty of religious people who are miserable and cling desperately to their religion as the only good thing in their lives... which is kind of sad, really.
Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, but I would suspect that you've had to go to school and also work for what you have. Paris, of course, has not. Let's take a look at Michael Vick- former quarterback for the NFL's Atlanta Falcons. This guy had tens of millions of dollars (and great fame) in both NFL salary and product endorsements. Now that he has been charged (and will likely be convicted) in federal court for running a dogfighting ring, this guy's future is in serious doubt. I could probably write a book (although Tolkki probably wouldn't buy it :D ) about how miserable many, if not all, American athletes and celebrities are, and most of them earned their fortunes in motion pictures, sports, or music, rather than inherited from grandpa.

I have an old friend from school that I've been counseling lately. She's in a very bad way right now, and calls me crying a lot. But from a glance, I am quite certain that you yourself would wonder why. She's exceptionally intelligent (she has a bachelor's in business, as well as two masters' degrees), has a very polite, charismatic, and sensitive personality, lives in one of the most exclusive and historical neighborhoods that overlooks the city, drives an $80,000+ 8-cyl BMW, has two smart and healthy daughters, and is absolutely drop-dead beautiful- she looks at least ten years younger than she actually is. So why is she so sad, so lonely, and so miserable? One does have to wonder, eh?
NeonVomit wrote:Of course, there are studies which show people who believe in religion are happier and live longer. So there's that to go for it...
Yes, I do believe that studies have shown...etc. However, as I recently told my friend that I mentioned above, "to believe in God is one thing, but to know Him is quite a different thing altogether." It is written, "even the demons believe in God, and they tremble!"
NeonVomit wrote:And I think any religion deserves all criticism thrown at it. But that's just me.
Religion itself, unlike God, of course should be open for criticism. Problems in the Catholic Church notwithstanding, there have been Protestant pedophile pastors that have been caught right here in my city. And I think that they should be executed for the crimes that they have committed against the children that they have been sworn to protect and actually minister to!

However, Christianity seems to get very little credit when it is due. There have been Jimmy Carter's (not my favorite guy, but..) Habitat for Humanity projects, CNE (Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise) is a similar venture that parters with Habitat on many projects- it was founded by a former client of mine- U.S. Senator Bob Corker (R-TN). Church people here will go out and fix people's roofs, paint their houses, give them food, help them to secure medical assistance, and many, many other things.

As Christians, we work both locally (in the city) as well as globally, in countries as diverse as Mexico, Honduras, Belarus, Ukraine, India, Israel, Malawi, and many other places. It is not only about preaching the word, but also about making a real difference in the lives of the needy. And they will always be with us, and helping them helps to fulfill our part of the Great Commission set forth by God.
NeonVomit wrote:Why anyone who was openly gay would want to believe in Christianity is beyond me, when the bible has nothing but contempt and denounciation for them (so much for God loving everyone eh...)
There really isn't a problem with having homosexual members in the congregation. The church is there for all sinners. However, consecration of any of them to a church office, such as pastor, deacon, etc. is absolutely unacceptable. Any church official that is committing sexual sin of any time (gay, straight, pedophila, etc.) should be shown the door at once- and if applicable, warrants should be taken out for their arrest if abuse is involved.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:04 am

Give me sources and evidence, not from the Bible or linked to it, and I will consider what you have said about the whole antichrist deal. Because to me, all this still sounds like someone trying to convince me that the mythology of the twelve Olympians is actually true.

You, as a Christian, have rejected all other possible gods, right?

Therefore, you can understand why I reject your God.

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:18 am

NeonVomit wrote:Give me sources and evidence, not from the Bible or linked to it, and I will consider what you have said about the whole antichrist deal. Because to me, all this still sounds like someone trying to convince me that the mythology of the twelve Olympians is actually true.

You, as a Christian, have rejected all other possible gods, right?

Therefore, you can understand why I reject your God.
You have been given free will to either accept or to reject God- but God is not ignored nor is He mocked. Either way, your position on God would not change my opinion of you as a person. One of my closest friends from childhood (also a musician) is a lifelong atheist, and I've known this guy since we were about ten years old.

To completely reject the Christian Bible or the Torah in addition to all of the world's Christian and Jewish writers of theological books sort of leaves God with no explanation, eh?

This is why I tried to explain that many people simply will not believe any of this until they see for themselves- and even then, there will be those that still will not believe.

If Israel did not exist in this day and age, then it is very possible that I myself might be agnostic or even and atheist. If all of Israel's traditional enemies had not sworn to destroy her, and make every attempt to do so, year after year, since 1948, then again, I might not be a believer. However, too many things are happening too quickly, and Biblical prophecy is unfolding before everyone. Like it or not, the eyes of the world remain fixed intently on the Middle East. Christians rejoice with anticipation and excitement of the Second Coming of our Lord, the Jews also await their long promised Messiah, while Muslims yearn for their Mahdi. One thing remains certain; something is coming, and it will be sooner than everyone may think.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:08 am

miditek wrote:One thing remains certain; something is coming, and it will be sooner than everyone may think.
Of that I have no doubt, but I do not think it is any ancient prophecy. It will be us reaping what we have sown, when the environmental damage we have caused tips over the edge and we all pay the real price for our selfishness.

The difference is, I believe that if we get our act together we can avert any apocalyptic disaster. Our future lies in our own hands.

Anyway, I wont really be able to contribute to this discussion (or forum generally) for a while, I'm currently in Germany on Winter's Verge-related buisiness :D so I'll be back in a couple of weeks!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:50 pm

Sounds cool, NV! May I make my own prophecy? WinterVerge is about to sign a very profitable contract&next year WV will support a very popular power-metal band for many shows! ;)

And, God did not tell me that! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:40 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Anyway, I wont really be able to contribute to this discussion (or forum generally) for a while, I'm currently in Germany on Winter's Verge-related business :D so I'll be back in a couple of weeks!
Then please say "Hallo" to @stratohawk for everyone, if you happen to see him there. I would like to wish you and Winter's Verge the best of luck with your business venture! 8)

Meanwhile, I'll be fine-tuning my GPS settings for the Bushrer plant! :lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:44 pm

miditek wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:Anyway, I wont really be able to contribute to this discussion (or forum generally) for a while, I'm currently in Germany on Winter's Verge-related business :D so I'll be back in a couple of weeks!
Then please say "Hallo" to @stratohawk for everyone, if you happen to see him there.
I'll try to track down Dave and a few others, plus we'll be heading to Sonata Arctica's gig in Stuttgart next Saturday, so see some of you guys there! contact me through email, I'll be able to check a few times a day.
I would like to wish you and Winter's Verge the best of luck with your business venture! 8)
Inasmuch as you can call recording sessions a buisiness venture :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement and see you all soon!

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:16 am

So you have a record deal? :shock: That's awesome news!!!

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:48 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
miditek wrote:
Then please say "Hallo" to @stratohawk for everyone, if you happen to see him there.
I'll try to track down Dave and a few others, plus we'll be heading to Sonata Arctica's gig in Stuttgart next Saturday, so see some of you guys there! contact me through email, I'll be able to check a few times a day.
Nice to know :-D

But the gig next Saturday is in Kaufbeuren, not in Stuttgart. I'm thinking about going there next weekend, so we might meet there.
Spamming is serious business!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:50 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7125701.stm

US Intelligence services play down Iran's capabilities. Say a bomb isn't feasible until 2010-2015 and that they halted their nuclear weapons program back in 2003...

Of course it's all a left-wing conspiracy to destroy the USA but whatever.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:12 pm

That's what I've been saying all along.

miditek

Post by miditek » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:09 pm

Lots of people laughed at Hitler too, until of course, it was too late. Iran is still a threat, and moreover, you don't think that that press release may have been designed as disinformation? The heart of the tradecraft of counterintelligence lies most certainly in deception. As if it would take the Russian scientists helping the Iranians until 2015 to get a simple bomb. If the Russian wouldn't do it, then what would stop Iran from seeking assistance from rogue elements inside of nuclear armed Pakistan? Iran is going to cause trouble any way that it can- I fully expect to hear from Hezbollah again rather soon.

If Iran were not such a significant threat, then why does the US and other countries have such large forces in the Persian Gulf region? And don't say Iraq, as the US has had a significant gulf military presence there for decades.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:25 pm

miditek wrote:and moreover, you don't think that that press release may have been designed as disinformation?
Kinda like Tony Blair's "dodgy dossier"?

miditek

Post by miditek » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:48 am

Jabi wrote:
miditek wrote:and moreover, you don't think that that press release may have been designed as disinformation?
Kinda like Tony Blair's "dodgy dossier"?
Yeah, kinda... :lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:43 am

miditek wrote:
If Iran were not such a significant threat, then why does the US and other countries have such large forces in the Persian Gulf region? And don't say Iraq, as the US has had a significant gulf military presence there for decades.
Because most of the world's oil is there, and they wish to try to keep their strategic resource secure? Saying that US forces have been in the Gulf region just because of Iran is a bit superficial.

The rest can only be speculation.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:17 pm

Actually, USA gets most of its oil from Canada&Venezuela, and actually, there's more oil reserves in those places. More dinosaurs there waaaaaaaay back then, I guess.

http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/quest ... 905AA1bEIP

Then, the question arises. Why then doesn't the USA invade Canada or SA if its all about oil since they have so much more of it? =P

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:59 pm

So middle east oil supplies are meaningless to the US? I don't think you'll find that's the case.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:39 am

NeonVomit wrote:So middle east oil supplies are meaningless to the US? I don't think you'll find that's the case.
Not totally meaningless--about 7% worth--just not as important to the mission as some people want to think it is.
It does not make any difference---oil, or no oil. The world has chosen to see the invasion as unnecessary. Period.