Dragonland's upcming album Astronomy

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Morridin

Dragonland's upcming album Astronomy

Post by Morridin » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:30 pm

Didn't see a specific topic for bands and I reckoned this album could be interesting for those who like Stratovarius. It's also melodic proggie metal (altough less prog than strato :P) and I reckon this new album's gonna be quite a blast :)

For those who've heard Starfall: This one toplles that one by far. The overall 'jolly' feell that some people disliked about Starfall isn't there anymore. It's a lot more melancholic-ish like the first 2 albums. Sure, some songs are (nearly) happy go round but there's a lot of dramatic stuff on here.
Fast powerfull tracks like Astronomy and Contact, Bombastic powerhouses like Supernova and Beethoven's Nightmare, the sadness of the superb track Cassiopeia and the epic 3part close of The Old House on the Hill. it's all there :D

1. Supernova (5:09)
2. Cassiopeia(4:06)
3. Contact(4:25)
4. Astronomy (3:20)
5. Antimatter (3:00)
6. The Book of Shadows part IV: The Scrolls of Geometria Divina (4:04)
7. Beethoven's Nightmare (6:11)
8. Too Late for Sorrow (3:36)
9. Direction: Perfection (4:29)
10. The Old House on the Hill Chapter I: A Death in the Family (4:30)
11. The Old House on the Hill Chapter II: The Thing in the Cellar (3:07)
12. The Old House on the Hill Chapter III: The Ring of Edward Waldon (6:17)

For those who want a sneak peak at some songs try out this video I cooked up, it has some samples of the new album and some old stuff for a (very) short overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ln42_n64so

You can also check some full songs on their Myspace and one of the new songs should be posted soonish :)

Stealth

Re: Dragonland's upcming album Astronomy

Post by Stealth » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:18 am

I liked "The Battle of the Ivory Plains" and "Holy War", but I haven't listened to "Starfall" that much because it didn't really catch my attention. Maybe I need to listen to it more, but I think that the first two albums are better.

By the way, do you work for their record label? Are you one of the band member's cousin or something?!? :) They would be pleased to see this promotion!! :lol:
Oh, and I never thought of Strato as prog...
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Morridin

Post by Morridin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:56 pm

Neither did I very often. I got to know Strato on the old mp3.com site where it was clased under power metal. But I read in a lot of reviews that it's apparently also kinda prog :P

Oh and I'm just a really big fan of theirs and after Olof (one of their guitarplayers) sent me some demotracks I was feeling so damn hyped by it that I wanted to try if I could contribute a wee bit to it becoming more known cos from what I heard of it this album really deserves a shot at making them big(ger) :D

Oh and Contact is up on their myspace :)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:39 pm

I saw them when they were supporting Malmsteen in London, last year. Interesting band, some good songs.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Morridin

Post by Morridin » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:54 pm

http://www2.centurymedia.com/index.aspx ... _country=3

Century Media uploaded a new song called "Astronomy"
Quite a short song and it could've gone on for longer for my taste, but it's a great one nonetheless :D

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Quite a good band.