It's once again that time of the year...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
User avatar
Neorave
Sr. Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:41 am
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Contact:

It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Neorave » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:21 am

...for...drum roll please...(insert pretend drum roll)...

THE 2006 GOLDEN STRATOLILY AWARDS

Yes, that's right! Everyone's favorite threads (...or so I assume...).

First off, I realize I haven't been on the boards at all lately...you can blame partially the computer science dept. for attempting to rape me with programming shit and stuff. That, and my attempt to getting a life. But, I did somehow make up some time to formulate this wonderful thread...for the sake of tradition.

Most of you know the drill; and for those that don't, here's how we do this:

This thread is for nominations...why? Some people don't know what to choose, so this thread gives them an idea of what was popular the past year. Here are the usual categories:

Best Topic
N00bie of the Year
Best Thread Killer
Best at being a moderator (I'm thinking about changing this to the Jens award)
Member of the Year
Worst Topic
Biggest Spammer
Best Avatar of the Year (NEW!)

Now, I'm gonna add in a new thing this year: nominate a category. I ran out of ideas for new categories. So, if you want a certain category up here, just post it (with a nomination, if you want to add one), and I'll consider it. That doesn't mean it'll go up on the final voting thread...meh, most likely I'll put it up.

Some other quick notes: voting with MOST LIKELY take place Sunday night (December 3rd), and because of problems last year, I'll make the voting go for two weeks (hoping that on the 17th, I'll be able to get to a computer that HAS Internet access).

Ok, that's all the crap I have to say. Start nominating!
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

User avatar
Stealth
Sr. Member
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Blah

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Stealth » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:56 am

Holy crap! It's been a year already?!? :shock: I remember the last awards so clearly! What the freaking fuck?!? :shock:
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:07 pm

FUNNIEST POSTER: StratoTimo :D
or Morgana
(HMCW would too,but she has flown the coop, it seems :( )
This would be a great nomination because it is the witty posters who make it worthwhile to come here&spend some time. Some people come to forums not just to read&share information, but also its like a break from the world, and enjoy coming here maybe to get a laugh or two.

MOST MISSED POSTER: HMCW, htcdude, Fireblade, Nordic, LadyofEternity, kharmel, Twilight Symphony,etc. you know--people who were beloved prolific posters, but have since gone.

BEST AT THREAD KILLING: A person who kills threads with such sarcasm, meanness, or silliness that no one knows what to say. ???
(Sometimes, Moi) :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Neorave
Sr. Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:41 am
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Neorave » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:43 pm

Stealth wrote:Holy crap! It's been a year already?!? :shock: I remember the last awards so clearly! What the freaking fuck?!? :shock:
Yeah, I know. I realized what day it was last night, and said to myself "holy testicle Tuesdays! We haven't done the GSLA yet!"
browneyedgirl wrote:FUNNIEST POSTER: StratoTimo :D
or Morgana
(HMCW would too,but she has flown the coop, it seems :( )
This would be a great nomination because it is the witty posters who make it worthwhile to come here&spend some time. Some people come to forums not just to read&share information, but also its like a break from the world, and enjoy coming here maybe to get a laugh or two.
Yeah, whatever happened to HMCW. She would usually send me a random MSN message and we'd talk about random stuff.
browneyedgirl wrote:MOST MISSED POSTER: HMCW, htcdude, Fireblade, Nordic, LadyofEternity, kharmel, Twilight Symphony,etc. you know--people who were beloved prolific posters, but have since gone.
I like this category. We should call it the MIA award or something.
browneyedgirl wrote:BEST AT THREAD KILLING: A person who kills threads with such sarcasm, meanness, or silliness that no one knows what to say. ???
(Sometimes, Moi) :D
More emphasis on silliness!
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Stratofanius » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:09 pm

Finally... I'll wait for sunday night.

Another topic idea: BIGGEST TROLL

User avatar
Morgana
Sr. Member
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Morgana » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:31 pm

BEG, me??? :shock: Am I the funniest poster??? :lol: No, no, no.... :oops: I'm a simple Russian girl, you all know it :twisted:

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:21 pm

Morgana wrote:BEG, me??? :shock: Am I the funniest poster??? :lol: No, no, no.... :oops: I'm a simple Russian girl, you all know it :twisted:
You seem to be always full of good spirit&your topics are fun, too. :)
So, when you are gone, Morgana, you are missed! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
StratoTimo
Sr. Member
Posts: 6657
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Suomen Chicago...Lahti!
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by StratoTimo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:47 am

BEG: Thank you that you said that I'm FUNNIEST POSTER!
You make my day.
But Can you say what was may post to here?
What was so funny? :oops: :roll:
Meikä Ankka

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:43 am

Kokordilos wrote:What in the hell?
NO BEST TROLL AWARD?
I won this thing year after year, come on, put it up.
I admit I've been good on this account more or less but I've still had my fair share of obnoxious remarks on other accounts in the past year..vote FifthTea_Sausage/Kokordilos for best troll!!
Thats the point, you've been pretty much a good boy this year so your troll status is diminishing. That kusmuk character is a contender, so is Evangelion since the sweet little(not so little :D ) thing made one appearance in 2006. :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:47 am

StratoTimo wrote:BEG: Thank you that you said that I'm FUNNIEST POSTER!
You make my day.
But Can you say what was may post to here?
What was so funny? :oops: :roll:
You have said many witty things. :D Like that PUM post, remember? :lol: Plus teasing Nef about being the weatherlady. :D Lots of little cute cooments like that. :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Neorave
Sr. Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:41 am
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Neorave » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:51 am

Stratofanius wrote:Another topic idea: BIGGEST TROLL
Kokordilos wrote:What in the hell?
NO BEST TROLL AWARD?
I won this thing year after year, come on, put it up.
I admit I've been good on this account more or less but I've still had my fair share of obnoxious remarks on other accounts in the past year..vote FifthTea_Sausage/Kokordilos for best troll!!
Calm your person! Ok, ok, I'll put Biggest Troll category back up. But you need to cool down, man!
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

User avatar
iron_thunder
Sr. Member
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:08 am
Location: Toronto, Canada!
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by iron_thunder » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:53 am

maybe i should have stayed away so that i could have been runner up for the no-longer-here people :lol:
_______________________________
In the Hour of Thunder,
Clare B.

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine
SIGN UP FOR THE SACRED EMBRACE NEWSLETTER, DAMNIT!!

_______________________________

User avatar
MetalAngel
Sr. Member
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:36 pm

...And once again I won't be nominated in any category, like obvious. :lol:
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

User avatar
Equinox
Sr. Member
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 am
Location: Denver USA

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Equinox » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:30 pm

Neorave, you're the best. :D

I would like this category:

Most Boring Person Award

...So I can at least win something. :)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:46 pm

Last year I won 3 of those awards !
Spamming is serious business!

User avatar
Stealth
Sr. Member
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Blah

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Stealth » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:56 pm

Equinox wrote:I would like this category:

Most Boring Person Award

...So I can at least win something. :)
Or so you think. :wink:
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

User avatar
Martine
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: Chambly, Quebec, Canada

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Martine » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:05 pm

And what about the most funniest or most beautiful Avatar?

I would vote for Browneyegirl in both ways since here little girls were pretty cute and funny. (I miss them) :)

I would also vote for her if there was a category called "Who-was-here-all-the-time-and-who-maintained-alive-Tolkki's-forum-during-these-past-months"? (Correct my English if need be)

See Browneyedgirl, I do not know you, but I am a fan of yours already. :D
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

User avatar
Morgana
Sr. Member
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Morgana » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:28 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:You seem to be always full of good spirit...
Heh... Those who know me - they say that I'm full of pessimism and sarcasm :lol: But yes, however, even if my life full of sadness, illness, etc, I try to make my beloved's lives full of joy and optimism! :) Because I cannot watch people who think that there's nothing to do and there's no hope in future... :?

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:38 am

I think I won't be able to defend my titel I won last year. But I hope someone will be deservy enough to take it away from me. :P
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
Stealth
Sr. Member
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Blah

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Stealth » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:04 am

I think I came close to being nominated for two categories last year, but then people changed their minds. :D
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:16 am

Martine wrote:And what about the most funniest or most beautiful Avatar?

I would vote for Browneyegirl in both ways since here little girls were pretty cute and funny. (I miss them) :)

I would also vote for her if there was a category called "Who-was-here-all-the-time-and-who-maintained-alive-Tolkki's-forum-during-these-past-months"? (Correct my English if need be)

See Browneyedgirl, I do not know you, but I am a fan of yours already. :D
:oops: Thanks for all the compliments&your suggestion about Avatars is a good one Neorave might consider! :) In fact, I think it was a nomination category last year. ???

Oh, I'll bring the dolls back soon. I plan a great X-Mas sig for Tolkki forum that I think will be liked, at least by TT&the males who visit! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Neorave
Sr. Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:41 am
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Neorave » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:38 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Martine wrote:And what about the most funniest or most beautiful Avatar?

I would vote for Browneyegirl in both ways since here little girls were pretty cute and funny. (I miss them) :)

I would also vote for her if there was a category called "Who-was-here-all-the-time-and-who-maintained-alive-Tolkki's-forum-during-these-past-months"? (Correct my English if need be)

See Browneyedgirl, I do not know you, but I am a fan of yours already. :D
:oops: Thanks for all the compliments&your suggestion about Avatars is a good one Neorave might consider! :) In fact, I think it was a nomination category last year. ???

Oh, I'll bring the dolls back soon. I plan a great X-Mas sig for Tolkki forum that I think will be liked, at least by TT&the males who visit! :D
Hmm...interesting...then it shall be done. New category: Best Avatar of the Year!
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

IceBreaker
Sr. Member
Posts: 4718
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by IceBreaker » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:52 am

browneyedgirl wrote:I plan a great X-Mas sig for Tolkki forum that I think will be liked, at least by TT&the males who visit! :D
Hmm, sounds interesting. :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Stratofanius » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:40 pm

Neorave wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Martine wrote:And what about the most funniest or most beautiful Avatar?

I would vote for Browneyegirl in both ways since here little girls were pretty cute and funny. (I miss them) :)

I would also vote for her if there was a category called "Who-was-here-all-the-time-and-who-maintained-alive-Tolkki's-forum-during-these-past-months"? (Correct my English if need be)

See Browneyedgirl, I do not know you, but I am a fan of yours already. :D
:oops: Thanks for all the compliments&your suggestion about Avatars is a good one Neorave might consider! :) In fact, I think it was a nomination category last year. ???

Oh, I'll bring the dolls back soon. I plan a great X-Mas sig for Tolkki forum that I think will be liked, at least by TT&the males who visit! :D
Hmm...interesting...then it shall be done. New category: Best Avatar of the Year!
However, we already already had some kind of "best avatar" -voting in my Avatar topic here :P http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/viewt ... &start=810

User avatar
Neorave
Sr. Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:41 am
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Neorave » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:31 pm

Stratofanius wrote:
Neorave wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Martine wrote:And what about the most funniest or most beautiful Avatar?

I would vote for Browneyegirl in both ways since here little girls were pretty cute and funny. (I miss them) :)

I would also vote for her if there was a category called "Who-was-here-all-the-time-and-who-maintained-alive-Tolkki's-forum-during-these-past-months"? (Correct my English if need be)

See Browneyedgirl, I do not know you, but I am a fan of yours already. :D
:oops: Thanks for all the compliments&your suggestion about Avatars is a good one Neorave might consider! :) In fact, I think it was a nomination category last year. ???

Oh, I'll bring the dolls back soon. I plan a great X-Mas sig for Tolkki forum that I think will be liked, at least by TT&the males who visit! :D
Hmm...interesting...then it shall be done. New category: Best Avatar of the Year!
However, we already already had some kind of "best avatar" -voting in my Avatar topic here :P http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/viewt ... &start=810
Yeah, but this is for the GSL trophy, the trophy of all trophies!
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

User avatar
Equinox
Sr. Member
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 am
Location: Denver USA

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Equinox » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:34 pm

What about an award to the Most Informative Member

Or whatever.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:55 pm

Equinox wrote:What about an award to the Most Informative Member

Or whatever.
Or, MOST INTELLIGENT POSTER

And, no, its not a useless nomination! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Stratovarrior
Sr. Member
Posts: 2104
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:13 pm
Location: Jyväskylähän se!!!!

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Stratovarrior » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:01 pm

I will won all of those...:P :D
The sky have so cute clouds:)...Wind sings in mine ears:)....Rain drops so nicely:)......There i nice and cool weather.....Birds are singing..... - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'M GOING TO FREEK OUT TO FINNISH WEATHER!!!

User avatar
stratobabius
Sr. Member
Posts: 4066
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Greece

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by stratobabius » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:42 pm

:oops: *stupid look on the face* :oops:
Uhhh, how exactly do we vote? PM's? Post here?

User avatar
Stealth
Sr. Member
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Blah

Re: It's once again that time of the year...

Post by Stealth » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:48 pm

@stratobabius: We post the votes (and nominations) here.

Neorave should announce the winners in Youtube. :D
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Locked