US president 2008: Candidates, discussion, and the rest...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
miditek
Re: US president 2008: Candidates, discussion, and the rest...

Post by miditek » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:02 pm

CNN's Glenn Beck's retort to guest Al Sharpton's remarks about minority voter disenfranchisement in Florida and Michigan. This was positively priceless and went completely over the "reverend's" head.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... gb.01.html

"Al, I -- I`m having such a hard day today. I really am. I find myself looking at you, Al Sharpton, saying, he`s consistent. You`re making sense. And it hurts my head, Al. I don`t know what to do. You`re making sense here."
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:13 am

@miditek, I think many, many people realize that Al Sharpton is--to put it nicely-:err: unusual.

BTW, Ralph Nader has thrown his beanie into the ring. :roll: Yep, running for Prez again in hopes of being a spoiler. Looks like 2000 all over again. Ralph is the SOB who knocked Gore out of the White House. Well, its 8 more months til election---ANYTHING can happen in that length of time.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:05 am

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:02 am

Did anyone see the final democratic candidate debate last night? It was pure political theater, but very entertaining, nevertheless.

Hillary was really sweating when moderator Tim Russert asked Clinton about why her and Bill's joint tax returns had not been made public. He mentioned that given the fact that Bill makes a lot of money doing speaking engagements abroad, and the fact that she loaned her own campaign over $5 million USD, didn't she think that the American people had the right to know where the money was coming from.

She danced around the issue, and then stupidly said that if people wanted to know where the money was coming from, they could simply go to www.hillaryclinton.com, which ended up sounding like a campaign plug right in the middle of the final debate.

She also said that she was superior to Obama on foreign policy, and he then retorted that he was against the Iraq War from the beginning, that he voted against it- that she voted for it, and that the only way the American people could completely break with the policies of Bush and Cheney would be to vote for him. She was really angry after that.

There were other high points, but she was clearly angry with Obama and Russert for much of the program. She also complained that she always gets hit with questions first, but that she didn't mind. Imagine Hillary complaining about Obama getting a "free ride" from the media after all of the years and mileage that she and Bill got from them. Bush never got a free ride from the media, so she really shouldn't cry too much about it.

All in all, it was great entertainment. :lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:15 pm

Ann Coulter supports Hillary Clinton.

'nuff said.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:19 am

:huh:
@NV,Ann Coulter was just being sarcastic, I mean, being a scummy smartass is her profession. Or, she may THINK if Hillary goes up against "Insane McCain" John will win the contest, which in reality is totally ridiculous. Hillary would stomp McCains ass in an honest election.
Also, many right-wingers seem to THINK if McCain was up against Obama, that people would not vote for a black guy&McCain would win. That kind of foolish thinking is going to backfire beautifully!

BTW, NV......Why do you give a flying fuck who runs for USA Prez? You do not live here&stand to benefit or be hurt by the outcome.

Smartasses love to bash Hillary, yet objective people WORLDWIDE can see that she is indeed the best choice. Its sad that people, in their immaturity, will ruin the chance for the best candidate to get the job. However, Obams just might be better because he will stand up to the right-wing smartass shit-slingers, and will not let them walk all over his ass. He will put the conservatives in their place&that thought scares them to death. Right-wingers KNOW it will be a totally different world(for them especially) if Obama is president. :lol:
Thats why the right wing will do every thing possible to ruin, or even do way with, Obama before the election, or even nomination. The conservations might can get away with shitting all over Hillary, but they won't do that immature stupidity to Obama. I think the rightwingers MIGHT arrange for Obama to have an accident&TRY to pin it on the Clintons.

I have something to say to right-wingers&Hillary haters everywhere: The people in USA are fed up with consevatives&rightwingers running this country into the shitter. The people of USA are NOT going to EVER, EVER let another conservative lead this country EVER again! There IS going to be change, either with Hillary or Obama, and if you do not like those changes, then fuck off, or simply live with it! Like the normal&regular people have had to tolerate Bush&his shitty policies for 8 fucking years! And if Diebold, or the rightwingers try to steal this election if Obama(or Hillary) rightfully wins, there will be a bloodbath in this country.

@miditek, why are you criticizing Hillary's position on the War when you have always posted in this forum that it was the only viable solution Bush had??!

I'm more worried about the TRILLIONS of dollars Bush spent on a worthless war than any amount of money any candidate spends. Bush as got this country into a BIG mess&nobody can blame anyone but his policies.

@miditek, I hope you have lots of savings for your old age because don't put it past Bush to dip into Social Security funds to help finance the war.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:18 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: BTW, NV......Why do you give a flying fuck who runs for USA Prez? You do not live here&stand to benefit or be hurt by the outcome.
Because it's an interesting topic and it does indirectly affect everyone else?

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:02 am

GoogleResults 1 - 10 of about 347,000 for Hilary is toast. (0.22 seconds) :lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:47 am

miditek wrote:GoogleResults 1 - 10 of about 347,000 for Hilary is toast. (0.22 seconds) :lol:
And so is USA if Hillary or Obama isn't the next Prez.

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:59 am

Hillary's Bosnian '96 tour "memories" vs. documented video realities.

Caught telling a series of whoppers... :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfNqhV5hg4

She can't really blame Rush Limbaugh or the rest of the vast right wing conspiracy for this one. ABC News reported this recently. :lol:

Fleetwood Mac just announced their availability to play the Obama post-Nomination party.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:38 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
miditek wrote:GoogleResults 1 - 10 of about 347,000 for Hilary is toast. (0.22 seconds) :lol:
And so is USA if Hillary or Obama isn't the next Prez.
True! Hillary or obama must become the next prez! but most people are probably going to vote for the old white guy McCain. Very unpredictable how people will vote in the end. For the first woman prez ever? for the first black prez ever? unlikely, people are still to racist/sexiest in the country(and the world to but were talking about the US here). And in the US everyone loves the old white guy!(they elected 43 old white guys why change now!?) even though he sounds like he might be a bush 2.0(hell he couldn't turn out to be worst then bush.)I think of McCain to have Same bush ideology but can actually speak full sentences and have no grammar mistakes, scary thought right there.

If a democrat does win oh man do I feel sorry for him/her. They have the job of cleaning up the mess bush cause. Starting with the HUGE debt the US is in.

McCain must not win!!! >.<

I still wish Al Gore would run though, that guy would have made a pretty good prez I think. The man created the internet and got the Nobel Peace Prize with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. So you know we got someone pretty damn smart and sensible right there.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:15 pm

LOL! I have not thought about the 2008 campaign in days! :D
My first grandchild is due November 1st, so I will have more on my mind than the election on election day! :D

Which is even more imperative that a Dem be elected. For the sake of children, hopefully a Democrat will win!

Dawn_is_Here

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:40 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:LOL! I have not thought about the 2008 campaign in days! :D
My first grandchild is due November 1st, so I will have more on my mind than the election on election day! :D

Which is even more imperative that a Dem be elected. For the sake of children, hopefully a Democrat will win!
Hey! congratulations :) [/b]
Drugs aren’t metal. Beer, however, can be served in all kinds of true metal ways. :D

Dawn_is_Here

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:53 pm

Hey! congratulations :)
Drugs aren’t metal. Beer, however, can be served in all kinds of true metal ways. :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:06 am

Dawn_is_Here wrote:

Hey! congratulations :)
Thank you so much, Uli! :)
Its too soon to let myself get too really excited, but I am so looking forward to this new phase of my life. :)
If all goes well, come November I will be buying bibs, booties, and blankeys. :D And, a cookie jar to fill with those Chocolate Chip cookies later on!

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri May 30, 2008 4:58 am

Bump! This could have been in the crazy videos thread, but seemed more on topic here-

McCain in tears (laughing) when a female heckler asks:

"How do we beat the bitch?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLQGWpRVA7o

Psssst- hey, sister, Obamarama already has! :lol:
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri May 30, 2008 8:02 am

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri May 30, 2008 8:41 pm

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat May 31, 2008 5:14 am

Take yer pick, kiddies!

Image :lol:

Left wing opinion of Clintoon

-or-

Right wing opinion of Madam Maoist

Either way, it ain't a pretty site for her right about now. ;)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 31, 2008 6:23 am

LOL, that moustache is just not her style! :lol:

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat May 31, 2008 8:33 am

It's funny how people in the US see the main parties as essentially different. By european standards both are right-leaning parties.

@BEG & miditek, What do you personally think of the two-party system? Do you find it difficult to identify with either of the main parties? In Europe multi-party system is the norm, UK is an exception. Spain is perhaps developing to that direction too, maybe there are some others I don't know about.

Just wondering because I have a really hard time finding the right party for me, even though here in Finland we have 8 parties in the parliament.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat May 31, 2008 8:54 am

Carcass wrote:It's funny how people in the US see the main parties as essentially different. By european standards both are right-leaning parties.
Right-wing liberals and right-wing conservatives, as I've understood it. :P
I wish it was like that in Finland too.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat May 31, 2008 9:49 am

Mormegil wrote:
Carcass wrote:It's funny how people in the US see the main parties as essentially different. By european standards both are right-leaning parties.
Right-wing liberals and right-wing conservatives, as I've understood it. :P
I wish it was like that in Finland too.
Kokoomus & Keskusta. ;)

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat May 31, 2008 10:05 am

..but there are also SDP and Vasemmistoliitto. :P
America hasn't got those.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 31, 2008 1:09 pm

@BEG & miditek, What do you personally think of the two-party system? Do you find it difficult to identify with either of the main parties? In Europe multi-party system is the norm, UK is an exception. Spain is perhaps developing to that direction too, maybe there are some others I don't know about.

Just wondering because I have a really hard time finding the right party for me, even though here in Finland we have 8 parties in the parliament.
Well, there are actually lots of political parties in USA, but most do not have large enough following to make a difference.
I consider myself a Democrat politically. I am a liberal socially&agree pretty much with the philosophies of liberals. Although I sometimes think the nation as a whole would be better off serving a more conservative agenda in some areas.

8 parties in Finland? ??? You mean on the ballot, or just in general? ???
Yeah, the USA is too limited. I mean with over 300 million people you'd think there would be a wider variety of political parties for people to follow&choose from.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat May 31, 2008 3:34 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
8 parties in Finland? ??? You mean on the ballot, or just in general? ???
Yeah, the USA is too limited. I mean with over 300 million people you'd think there would be a wider variety of political parties for people to follow&choose from.
Have a look at Italian politics sometime. They're more of a disaster-soap-opera than anything.

Also,

There goes what was left of the white male vote.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 31, 2008 3:52 pm

:oops:
No comment. I take the fifth. Yeah, I'll take a fifth and retire to my den now. :oops:

Man, there's nothing to say.......:lol:

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat May 31, 2008 4:34 pm

A new Che t-shirt that @NV picked up at the mall... :lol:

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Mormegil wrote:..but there are also SDP and Vasemmistoliitto. :P
Would you really like to see a Finland with only Kokoomus and Keskusta? I find it really hard to imagine a situation like that in Finland. SDP and Vasemmistoliitto have a strong support, even though the left lost a lot of votes in the last elections. According to polls SDP is catching up Keskusta and Kokoomus.
8 parties in Finland? You mean on the ballot, or just in general?
8 parties are represented in the parliament, there are more smaller parties: couple of communist parties, a senior party, liberals, extreme right parties etc. The government is composed of four parties.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Carcass wrote:
Mormegil wrote:..but there are also SDP and Vasemmistoliitto. :P
Would you really like to see a Finland with only Kokoomus and Keskusta? I find it really hard to imagine a situation like that in Finland. SDP and Vasemmistoliitto have a strong support, even though the left lost a lot of votes in the last elections. According to polls SDP is catching up Keskusta and Kokoomus.
I was born and raised in Southern Ostrobothnia so I certainly could. ;) At least without Finland's Commun... I mean Vasemmistoliitto.

:P