US president 2008: Candidates, discussion, and the rest...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
Re: US president 2008: Candidates, discussion, and the rest...

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:44 am

Thats not Obama, thats Buckwheat! :lol:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:11 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Thats not Obama, thats Buckwheat! :lol:

What I want to know is; who shot Buckwheat? :D
Κύριε ἐλέησον

phoenix666

Post by phoenix666 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Did y'all see in the news lately? Some kind of assistant said that if there was another terrorist attempt against USA, it'd be good to Mc Cain campaign!
how could this be possible, such an unfortunate comment?! :shock:

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:37 pm

Assistant of McCain or Obama?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:16 pm

phoenix666 wrote:Did y'all see in the news lately? Some kind of assistant said that if there was another terrorist attempt against USA, it'd be good to Mc Cain campaign!
I don't know about that, but rumors are rampant that before Bush leaves office he will bomb&maybe invade Iran. Which will leave the incoming President holding the bag.
That would be a nice Bitch move on the part of Bush if Obama wins, right? ;)

If Obama is elected in early November that would still give Bush 6 weeks to do lots of damage to the world as well as USA, if he chooses to. Think about that.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:03 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
phoenix666 wrote:Did y'all see in the news lately? Some kind of assistant said that if there was another terrorist attempt against USA, it'd be good to Mc Cain campaign!
I don't know about that, but rumors are rampant that before Bush leaves office he will bomb&maybe invade Iran. Which will leave the incoming President holding the bag.
That would be a nice Bitch move on the part of Bush if Obama wins, right? ;)

If Obama is elected in early November that would still give Bush 6 weeks to do lots of damage to the world as well as USA, if he chooses to. Think about that.
I think that an attack on Iran by IDF (Israel Defense Forces) seems far more likely than a direct attack by U.S. forces. Late last month, the IDF was conducting war games in the Mediterranean, which involved over 100 F-15/E, as well as F-16 jets, KC-130 aerial refueling tankers, as well as Sea King-type helicopters.

Ostensibly, this show of force was intended to show Iran that Israel does indeed possess long-range strike capabilities, and is willing to use them. Recent statements by Israeli leaders such as deputy PM Shaul Mofaz would seem to support this.

In a recent news show on CNN, I saw an American military analyst give his views by saying that due to the fact that many of the Iranian sites are buried deep underground (all of these deep bunkers for civilian nuclear power, eh? Right....) that the JDAM bunker buster munitions would obviously need to be used, and even then, due to the depth of the bunkers, it is likely that even conventional warheads might not be sufficient, and that tactical nuclear warheads might be the only way to be sure that the facilities in question would actually be taken out.

So before we go blaming Bush yet again, let's also take a look at the toothless IAEA sending its letters of reprimand to Tehran. Just last year, the IDF also launched a strike into Syria, which presumably took out a nuclear reactor that was allegedly built with the assistance of Pyongyang. In the aftermath of that strike, the silence of the "International Community" was deafening.

One thing is for sure, once Bush does leave office, people are going to have to find someone else to blame and something else to cry about. :lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:18 pm

In any event, it would be a bad thing.
But, even if Israel did take out Iran, the USA would get blamed. They would be accused of giving the orders, probably.
I just hope none of that happens. A scarey thought, indeed!

phoenix666

Post by phoenix666 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:19 pm

well, ppl in general are always unsatisfied, but if I lived in USA, I'd stand strongly against Bush's politics... The carnificine done in Iraq is such a madness, and what for?! For chemical weapons never found?! For oil?! or cuz Bush is such a freak lunatic?! :shock:

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:42 pm

phoenix666 wrote:well, ppl in general are always unsatisfied, but if I lived in USA, I'd stand strongly against Bush's politics... The carnificine done in Iraq is such a madness, and what for?! For chemical weapons never found?! For oil?! or cuz Bush is such a freak lunatic?! :shock:
There is also a lot of one-sided propaganda currently being perpetuated in the MSM and the press. For a real insider's point of view, I'd like to recommend the following book-

Saddam's Secrets: By General Georges Hormuz Sada
http://www.amazon.com/Saddams-Secrets-G ... 528&sr=8-1

General Sada, an Iraqi war hero, former Air Marshal, as well as one of Saddam's former top military commanders paints a completely different picture here. On the eve of the U.S. invasion in 2003, General Sada writes that Saddam asked him to draw up plans for an aerial assault on Israel with chemical weapons, and that the general narrowly persuaded him to do otherwise. This is truly a modern-day "Daniel in the Lion's Den" story.

The general also goes on to illustrate how Saddam alternatively bribed and duped UN weapons inspectors- essentially playing Hans Blix like a fiddle, and smuggled WMD's out of the country on a series of commercial jets to Damascus. No one has to believe the general, but I can see no reason why he would have any reason at deception. Many critics will say that he wrote this book just to make money, but the same critics should also realize that all of the proceeds from this book go to charities to benefit Iraqi children- Muslim and Christian alike. (Note: The author is a devout Christian).

I would personally be much more apt to believe someone that actually served under Saddam in a high ranking capacity for decades than I ever would a UN bureaucrat such as Blix.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

phoenix666

Post by phoenix666 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:03 pm

hey, thanks for the tip! I really appreciate that, but I'm Brazilian, and afraid i haven't enough money to import this book on amazon.com
but thanks anyway! :D

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:13 am

Israel could technically carry out a strike on their own. Of course America would be blamed somehow. I guess it wouldn't be a BAD thing. Just very destabilizing and a reason for radicalisation of more elements. Great, just what we need! But Iran with nukes is slightly unsettling, even though they'd never be so stupid as to attack any other nation with them.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:08 am

America gets blamed because our government has empowered Israel by giving away billions of dollars of tax money for an Israel military. USA gets blamed in the area because they have interfered and installed leaders that have caused grief and death for the people of the area. If the USA could have stayed neutral and kept from having a trillion dollar military world relations could be so much better. All these leaders use power for horrible things and it’s the people that pay the price in lives wallets and freedom. Once we humanize people and stop trying to control others lives we can find ways to live peacefully and respect differences.

finnishmetalamerican

Post by finnishmetalamerican » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:14 pm

i would just like to say as an american i am voting for Obama not only cause im a democrat but also cause im from illinois where Obama is from so all you non americans that have hope for a better world you can count on me at least to contribute one vote to the fight...and first of all this is Obama's election to lose...mccain is way to old to possibly get elected and 100 years in Iraq ... yeah right ...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:51 pm

finnishmetalamerican wrote:i would just like to say as an american i am voting for Obama not only cause im a democrat but also cause im from illinois where Obama is from so all you non americans that have hope for a better world you can count on me at least to contribute one vote to the fight...and first of all this is Obama's election to lose...mccain is way to old to possibly get elected and 100 years in Iraq ... yeah right ...
+5 AMEN! I'm voting for Obama, too. He's not perfect, but I think he is the person who can turn things around in USA. It will take a few years, but I think Barack can do it!
I just wonder who his choice for running mate will be? Personally, I hope its Richardson or Clinton.

finnishmetalamerican

Post by finnishmetalamerican » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:13 am

this is kind of cheesy but i think i should be Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius ( if any good Finn knows music they'll know why) for those who dont know Sibelius is a famous finnish composer who has a park in helsinki named after him...now in looking at Kathleen's husbands lineage his grand father is from sweden and there were some skeptics that said they are some how related...i personally dont know but i would support it..

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:59 pm

finnishmetalamerican wrote:this is kind of cheesy but i think i should be Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius ( if any good Finn knows music they'll know why) for those who dont know Sibelius is a famous finnish composer who has a park in helsinki named after him...now in looking at Kathleen's husbands lineage his grand father is from sweden and there were some skeptics that said they are some how related...i personally dont know but i would support it..
I don't think what you said is cheesy----this week US News&World Report magazine had a little write-up about Kathleen, and she does sound promising! ;) BTW, isn't Lauri Porra's Great-Grandfather this Sebelius composer fellow himself? ???

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:25 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:BTW, isn't Lauri Porra's Great-Grandfather this Sebelius composer fellow himself? ???
The same one. Probably the only remarkable person in Finland's history. :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Mormegil wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:BTW, isn't Lauri Porra's Great-Grandfather this Sibelius composer fellow himself? ???
:bigok: Thats cool!
Just think--Lauri may have a relative(by marriage)who just might be VP of the USA! If she is chosen, of course. :D

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:22 am

Mormegil wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:BTW, isn't Lauri Porra's Great-Grandfather this Sebelius composer fellow himself? ???
Well, I'm not sure about that... ;)

What about Field Marshal Mannerheim?

Or Simo Hayha- the world's deadliest sniper?

Just my $0.02, but I would say that the entire Finnish army in WWII was nothing short of remarkable. :D
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:30 am

miditek wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

Just my $0.02, but I would say that the entire Finnish army in WWII was nothing short of remarkable. :D
Mannerheim might be another one, but I don't think anyone, not even all the Finns themselves, have heard of Simo Häyhä, unless they really are into history of WWII (like you I suppose). ;)

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:34 pm

Mormegil wrote:
miditek wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

Mannerheim is not entirely uncontroversial. With his silent approval thousands of his countrmates died in prison camps after the civil war.
Mannerheim might be another one, but I don't think anyone, not even all the Finns themselves, have heard of Simo Häyhä, unless they really are into history of WWII (like you I suppose). ;)

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:55 am

Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:45 am

:lol: I'm sure he would not mind if Gillian Anderson(Scully)went along for the ride! :D

I could not see that clip, but I was able to webscissor some pics from that website.

Obama's plane had some trouble Tuesday&some of those conspiracy sites are having a hayday, saying Obama may end up like Paul Wellstone. The eerie thing is that Hillary's campaign used that same plane just a couple weeks before! :err:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:14 pm

miditek

Post by miditek » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:05 am

Obama comment whilst at das Tiergarten in front of 200,000 screaming German groupies- "Ich bin ein Bewunderer!"

(Raucous applause)

"Ich bin ein Amerikaner!"

(Crickets chirping- auf Deutsch, of course) :D

The next thing you know, he'll be claiming that he was the one challenging Gorbachev to "tear down this wall!"
even though Frau Merkel wouldn't allow him to make his speech at Brandenburg. ;)
Κύριε ἐλέησον

sanichi

Post by sanichi » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:28 am

most people werent too much impressed by the speech he had given in Berlin, at least what I've read in the newspapers...I still would have liked to be there, just for fun ;-)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:11 pm

:D All Barack needs is a guitar and leather pants, and he is in business! :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:19 am

The ABCs of the 2008 National Presidential Conventions

Advertising – A source of revenue that the major networks will lose over the course of 2-3 nights while their normal, profitable prime-time broadcasts are interrupted by an endless stream of gaseous windbags and party cultists repeating slogans and platitudes that ninety percent of the country lost interest in back in April.

Bipartisanship – The illusion of inter-party cooperation presented as a noble gesture made to reach across the aisle and work with the opposition party on issues of great importance rather than the actual abandonment of principles made in order to give the appearance of actually getting something done so you have an excuse to blame to other party when things go to shit.

Convention – A political gathering held every four years where each political party selects its candidate and adopts their platform. Conventions are notable for their antiquated nonessential role at rubber stamping their respective party’s primary victor and by a show of unoriginal lockstep unity similar to that of country line-dancing and Nazi rallies.

Democrats – Hate guns, war, private industry, Christians, rich people, Republicans, and the United States. Love taxes, abortion, government, queers, immigrants, poor people, Muslims, blacks, entitlement programs, and endlessly complaining. Indifferent toward Asians.

Election – The process for voting presidential candidates into office in which vast numbers of citizens do not participate in due to apathy and/or felony records.

Federal Elections Committee (FEC) - An independent regulatory agency formed in 1975 by Congress to enforce campaign finance legislation that Congress has basically exempted themselves and all campaigns from.

Green – The new code word for environmentally friendly. Both parties are tripping over themselves to lay claim to holding the greenest convention. Democrats plan to sort through garbage, recycle, eat only organically grown food, use low-watt bulbs and biodegradable balloons, and generate their own power using homeless people on union-made treadmills. Republicans plan to not drill for oil under the convention center floor.

Hello – Is it me you’re looking for?

Independent – An asshole that can’t decide which side they’re on, but will leap at the first opportunity to complain about those bums in Washington despite not having voted in the last two elections.

Jackson, Jesse – The first African-American to run for President. Was handily trashed in the 1984 and 1988 Democratic Primaries. Hates Jews, Obama’s balls, and getting caught saying the word, “nigger” on an open microphone. Apparently once stood for something, but has since occupied his time serving as a race whore and setting back the Civil Rights movement at every opportunity.

K-Street – The largest legal brothel in the United States where you spend money NOT to be fucked by the whores.

Liberal – A stigmatizing label that all Democrats seek to distance themselves from by running as fast as they can to the Center since pointing out obvious social and economic inequities and solutions is inherently dangerous and counter-productive to being elected.

McCain, John – The presumptive Republican Nominee, U.S. Senator, and former POW/bad pilot. Old, white, and completely out-of-touch with the modern world. In other words, the typical Republican candidate. A self- and media-proclaimed “maverick” when it comes to his record in the Senate. McCain has a history of breaking with the Republicans on several key issues. Whereas most Republicans want to kill and cripple, McCain seeks only to cripple and kill.

Neo-Con – see Republican (but typically hates Asians too unless they are working for less than two cents a day).

Obama, Barack – The presumptive Democratic Nominee, U.S. Senator, and second coming of Christ. Young and energetic with a message of “change” and “hope,” as in, “I hope you don’t ask me what I mean by change because I got nothing.” He is also an African-American, but the good, non-threatening kind (i.e. lighter than Tiger Woods) who speaks well and allows typically racist white voters to openly support his candidacy while voting against him and expressing fake outrage and shock when he loses.

Platform – The consolidated list of agreed upon party issues and policy positions that each respective candidate will run on, run from, and eventually discard as useless in their quest for the presidency.

Quetzecoatl – The Winged Serpent starring Shaft and that dude from Law and Order. No, not that one, the other one.

Republicans - Hate taxes, abortion, government, queers, immigrants, poor people, Muslims, blacks, entitlement programs, Democrats, and any country not America. Love guns, war, private industry, Christians, rich people, and the United States. Indifferent toward Asians.

Superdelegate – A term used to refer to a particular class of delegates to the Democratic National Convention with a John Holmes-like vote (i.e. bigger than yours). These rogue operators are not beholden to any one candidate and can sell their large vote to the highest bidder. The use of superdelegates came about when Democratic Party leaders rightly realized they couldn’t trust their average voter not to select a complete tool of a candidate who would be slaughtered by the Republicans.

Third Party – Outcasts and misfits from the two major parties who like to run on ridiculous single issues like marijuana legalization, veganism, returning to the Gold Standard, or upholding the Constitution.

Unemployment Rate – What Democrats hope is increasing come Election Day and what Republicans call the measure of laziness.

Voter Turnout - The aggregate amount of ballots cast by eligible voters in any given election. After subtracting felons, the mentally ill, 18 to 24 year olds, Blacks, and those too exhausted from voting in American Idol, usually around fifty percent of eligible voters cast ballots in presidential elections. This, of course, is and can be increased by controversial voter initiatives, such as gay marriage, flying the Confederate flag, or bringing back the shows like Jericho and Firefly.

Wedge Issue - A controversial political issue that is often used by one group to divide an opposing political group. The first group hopes that by persuading voters to see the divisiveness among its opponent, voters will agree with its own stance. For Republicans, the wedge issue is usually abortion or something to do with gay people. Democrats have yet to find a wedge issue to use on Republicans because they are pussies.

Xenophobia – The irrational fear of all things foreign taking your job and outperforming your child in school. Also a rational hatred of those smug French with their pastries, cheese, wines, and 20 hour work weeks.

YouTube – Where most of the electorate will see snippets of the conventions, complete with out-of-context quotes and a kick-ass score that my friend Dave made on his computer using cuts from Chocolate Rain and You Can’t Ignore My Techno.

Zionism – Something to do with Jews, who by the way control EVERYTHING and have already picked the next six presidents.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Obama supposed to announce his VP choice today, or Friday. I am supposed to get an E-mail from the Democratic committee before its announced publicly, but I'll probably be offline. Anyway, when I get word, I'll post it here.
I hope its Bill Richardson. Man, that would be the most colorful Presidental team in history! :lol: And, the most welcome.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:42 pm

Whoever wins in the USA, It doesn't matter.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...