World Press Photo

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Equinox
World Press Photo

Post by Equinox » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:22 pm

In a world where Survivor topics flood the Other Discussion In English part of the forum [instead of spam :x ], I give you this interesting website with lots of pics that some of you might have already seen, or probably will find fascinating.

http://www.worldpressphoto.com/

If you want, choose ur pic and tell us the year. [Can't post it here, since is...well, you try.]

1963. Incredible how a man can do such thing, without moving, without crying out of pain...wow.

:)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

stratohawk

Re: World Press Photo

Post by stratohawk » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:13 pm

Equinox wrote:In a world where Survivor topics flood the Other Discussion In English part of the forum [instead of spam :x ]...
Yah, I also dislike these Survivor topics. They really have nothing to do with Stratovarius Discussion or Other Discussion In English. :?

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:29 pm

stratohawk wrote:
Equinox wrote:In a world where Survivor topics flood the Other Discussion In English part of the forum [instead of spam :x ]...
Yah, I also dislike these Survivor topics. They really have nothing to do with Stratovarius Discussion or Other Discussion In English. :?
But they are very instructive about people's tastes! :D

Moreover, there is already a Stratovarius part on this forum! If some people dislike Survivors games, so they have simply to ignore them! :wink:
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:34 pm

I have nothing against survivors, I just can't understand their fascination. Who gives a damn which album wins?

The only thing that pisses me off is that all the (IMO) interesting topics are not so active. :)

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am

I don't have a problem with those games in general. But they are Spam. And there is a section for spam. They belong there.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:48 am

Carcass wrote:I have nothing against survivors, I just can't understand their fascination. Who gives a damn which album wins?

The only thing that pisses me off is that all the (IMO) interesting topics are not so active. :)
Wait until Bush makes a move on Iran(maybe), or closer to the 2008 election, then you'll see some action! :D Or another stock market dive!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 am

And the topic? People? :?
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:05 am

Oh yeah, the topic. I like photos and visual art in general. I studied art history for... well, only few months hehe.

I'll take a look at the site when I have more time.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:26 pm

This pic made a shocking impression on me, even as a little girl. A South Vietnamese policeman arrests a Viet Cong&proceeds to blow his brains out on a street corner in front of everyone.
War is Hell.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:02 pm

These photos are sad and many of them very iconic. 1980 is crushing, the viewer is speard from seeing the full horror.