To the new Stratovarius forum users

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Stealth
Re: To the new Stratovarius forum users

Post by Stealth » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:50 am

Of course I know what you are talking about! The pulpmill conflict between Argentina and Uruguay over Finnish "Botnia" has been going on for quite a while. Supposedly, the pulpmill would contaminate both the Argentine and the Uruguayan sides of the Uruguay River, which separates the two countries. Honestly, I don't know enough about the effects of the pulpmill on the environment to give an informed opinion.

I don't know what documentary you saw, but I'm sure those were extremists. :? There have been manifestations in front of the Finnish embassy in Buenos Aires. In general terms (putting this conflict aside) South American countries are tired of having first world, more "powerful" countries doing what they please in South American territory. And I don't include Finland in this category, since Finland doesn't really qualify as an influential and invasive world power. :)
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:06 am

I somehow managed to miss this post completely.

There is a pulpmill close to my hometown. It smells a bit when you're close. That's the only complaint I've heard. And this pulpmill is old, I'm not sure if it's in use anymore. In the documenatry people were saying it will pollute everything within 100km. Of course I understand the concern of the people, but perhaps the only reasonable worry is that the tourism industry will suffer, there is one famous beach on the border. It is quite piggish to build the factory on the other side of the cape (or river, or delta...), but it's in Uruguay, so what can you do?

Botnia didn't arrange any kind of informative meetings, which would've been good for PR. That was a big mistake, I think.

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:46 am

Of course there's always the chance for the complainers to quit using paper! That will solve all problems.

Beauty_has_come

Post by Beauty_has_come » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:39 am

I notice this topic just now, and I start a new topic in the "Spam" section before...

Well, I have the same nickname in Koti's forum, my name is Fatima from El Salvador, 18 years, I want to be YOUR friend (yes, you!) and I have an account in myspace (the link is in my signature)...

Some people here knows me and other people don't knows me...

Ok.

@Vanus, hola! te dije que cualquier día me metía en esto!

@People, hi!
------------------------

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:50 am

Beauty_has_come wrote:I notice this topic just now, and I start a new topic in the "Spam" section before...

Well, I have the same nickname in Koti's forum, my name is Fatima from El Salvador, 18 years, I want to be YOUR friend (yes, you!) and I have an account in myspace (the link is in my signature)...

Some people here knows me and other people don't knows me...

Ok.

@People, hi!
Doesn't matter, the Spam section is good for everything. :D Hi again! :-)

vanustrato

Post by vanustrato » Thu May 03, 2007 3:59 am

Beauty_has_come wrote:

jejeje menus mal!!son todos muy extraños xD

So you're welcome here dear!!

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi ^^"
What could one say to introduce oneself...
hobbies: music, sports (karate, judo, running, skiing, going by bike, swimming sometimes), creative writing, painting, meet friends, going for a walk...think that's it
prefered music: Power Metal (no one would have thought about it ^^" ), True Metal, Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, sometimes: (Hardcore) Punk, Alternative Rock, Dark Rock
favourite bands (no order): Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica, Teräsbetoni (here someone might know them...where I live no one knows them), Rise Against, HIM (only their old music, since Dark Light they're dead in my mind), recently: Thunderstone, Stratovarius
absolutely ^^ favourite songs: Sonata Arctica - The End of this Chapter, Rise Against - Tip the Scales
like: cemeteries ^^", silence, black or white, my friends, nature, chocolate and cake ^^, tea ...black tea ^^, vegetarian things (because I am a vegetarian, so ...maybe it's self-evident), chewing gums, öhm, and several other things I don't think of atm
dislike/hate: crowded places, varicoloured things (whatever it is), frisky behaviour, mirrors, alcohol, pink, vegetables (joke ^^" ), hypocrisy, intrigues, kinds of music: Hip Hop, Folk Music, Pop Music, most of Classic, kinds of metal: Black Metal, Industrial Metal, most of Nu Metal, most of Death Metal...
...don't know anything more which might be a little interesting.If you want to get to know something, just ask.
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
I looked for love in an empty world
but all I found was hate

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:48 pm

so welcome to you as well! :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:15 am

Oh shits! How did I miss this?
HI EVERYBODY

*que reply "Hi doctor Nick"*

No, my name isn't Nick, it's Mark.

black death

Post by black death » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:59 am

Welcome both! :D

Rebel, don't worry that you missed it...you're not the first and I guess not the last 8)

Btw. very good nick, Me, My Enemy. The Burning is my fav Thunderstone album :D

Moikko

Post by Moikko » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:11 pm

Not so many newcomers have replied here!! But a big bunch of other info available in here :lol: :lol: :lol:

finnlandia

Post by finnlandia » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:53 am

Tervetuloa ja moi uusi jäsenet! Hello new members! :wink: I am from Hungary. I like the Finnish rock und metal music. And the music with a Finnish language I listen to it. etc. :) :D

black death

Post by black death » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:42 pm

Moikko wrote:Not so many newcomers have replied here!! But a big bunch of other info available in here :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think there's a big bunch of off-topic info available - in every topic :lol: :lol: :lol: