Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
User avatar
black death
Sr. Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by black death » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:23 am

TT, I think you would be suprised at the number of people, of ALL religions who would die for their faith.
TT, would YOU have the guts to do it? Would you choose death over being forced to follow a religion that you did not believe in, or knew was riddled with error?
There were many martyrs in the Christian church who believed like this.
Well, I didn't want to join this discussion, but I have to ask: do you really think that religion is such a good reason to die??

I have to agree with stratoplayer:
I am of the view, please do not take it personally and I mean no harm whatsoever, that people look to religion in order to avoid doing something or facing away from the truth like the argument, "If God wills is" or "It was what God wanted" I seriously think those people take refuge in that because they don't want to face reality.
For me all religions can be dangerous. I'm not saying that all religions are dangerous equally in the same time, but they can be! MANY people are able to follow what somebody (clergymen :? ) say without reasonable thinking of it...and this is, in my opinion, much more dangerous than whatever else...do something without thinking of it, when sufficient reason is that the Bible (the Pope, whoever) says that this is right!

By the way, what do you think about this:
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.cult ... ode=source

http://www.cardinalrating.com/cardinal_ ... le_382.htm

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 485054.ece

:?: [/quote]

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:03 am

black death wrote:
TT, I think you would be suprised at the number of people, of ALL religions who would die for their faith.
TT, would YOU have the guts to do it? Would you choose death over being forced to follow a religion that you did not believe in, or knew was riddled with error?
There were many martyrs in the Christian church who believed like this.
Well, I didn't want to join this discussion, but I have to ask: do you really think that religion is such a good reason to die??

I have to agree with stratoplayer:
I am of the view, please do not take it personally and I mean no harm whatsoever, that people look to religion in order to avoid doing something or facing away from the truth like the argument, "If God wills is" or "It was what God wanted" I seriously think those people take refuge in that because they don't want to face reality.
For me all religions can be dangerous. I'm not saying that all religions are dangerous equally in the same time, but they can be! MANY people are able to follow what somebody (clergymen :? ) say without reasonable thinking of it...and this is, in my opinion, much more dangerous than whatever else...do something without thinking of it, when sufficient reason is that the Bible (the Pope, whoever) says that this is right!

By the way, what do you think about this:
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.cult ... ode=source

http://www.cardinalrating.com/cardinal_ ... le_382.htm

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 485054.ece

:?:
[/quote]

Once again, you are talking about/describing CULTS, not religions. They are as different as day&night.
And why is everyone so obsessed with the Roman Catholic Church. It is an imperfect church like the rest of them, because churches are comprised of human beings. The RCC has made many mistakes in its past, but every religion has.

A church, after all, is not a building or set of rituals, the Church is the people who comprise it.

And, yes,dying for ones religion can be pretty stupid. Just look at the pilots responsible for 911.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
black death
Sr. Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by black death » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:25 am

Once again, you are talking about/describing CULTS, not religions. They are as different as day&night.
What exactly is the difference? :roll:
Cults seem to be more radical, but the base is the same. What did all these cults arise from?

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:44 am

http://www.cultclinic.org/qa3.html

The difference between a cult and a religion:

Within a healthy religious environment, family bonds are upheld and even strengthened, questioning of the leader and basic tenets is accepted, and the leader lives in a similar manner to the followers.
One is offered all the information necessary to make an educated decision about joining, and once involved, people can choose the amount of involvement that feels right to them.
A cultic environment tears families apart, does not accept any questioning, and has a leader who claims to have an exalted position and to be above reproach.
The cult is designed to solely advance its own goals, to abuse the members' trust, and to use fear and shame to manipulate the followers.
It freely utilizes deceptive techniques while recruiting new members and fundraising, misuses scripture, and declares other belief systems as false.
Because it is not under the umbrella of a recognized religion, there is no governing body and the leader is, therefore, free to do as he or she pleases.

The link has a chart.
Actually, unless a person has belonged to both, religions&cults can at first glance seem similar, but they are much different!

A more detailed link:

http://people.howstuffworks.com/cult.htm
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:02 am

Not necessarily cults, and I mentioned Catholics because Mexico is 98& catholic or something like that. Jews are very protective of themselves and keep only to their own "territories" and neighborhoods, plus, they tend to be very quiet here. Muslims are virtually non-existent here.

Take the Shiite Muslims, they are not a cult, just a branch of Islam, but they follow both characteristics of religion and cult.

Besides, the world is not black or white, some faiths border on cults and vice versa.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

User avatar
black death
Sr. Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by black death » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:33 am

The Cult Hotline & Clinic was founded in 1980 to serve families and friends of cult members, former cult members, and to educate community groups most at risk of interaction with cults.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A DESTRUCTIVE CULT AND A RELIGION
You can't expect that they'll be unbiased. How do you know that somebody else wouldn't write it (the
differences) conversely? :?
Actually, unless a person has belonged to both, religions&cults can at first glance seem similar, but they are much different!
Do you belong to both?

From the more detailed link:
The American Heritage Dictionary defines "cult" this way:

A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
I wrote that cults are more radical than religions. Doesn't this link say the same thing? :?

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by miditek » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:14 am

Shurik wrote:As a former soviet citizen and former member of Pioneer movement (I have photos from the ceremony where I was accepted to Pioneers, if anyone wants a proof),


I'll take your word for it. :) I took ROTC (Reserve Officers Training Corps) during my time at school.

A long time ago, there was an issue of National Geographic magazine that had a cover shot of a rather striking Russian girl, about fifteen years old, in full Red Army uniform, and toting a Kalashnikov while guarding a war memorial.
Shurik wrote:I have to defend the poor Crocodile Gena and Cheburashka (a big-eared teddybear thing). :)


Yes, Gena was a sympathetic character, and Cheburashka prefabricated to be irrepressibly cute; so that was very slick marketing.

Now, certain cartoons, such as Thomas the Train, are designed to subliminally max out dad's credit cards, as quickly as possible, and is a result of their marketing blit$ of all of the available Thomas branded paraphernalia upon kids' minds today. :?
Κύριε ἐλέησον

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:04 am

This link explains who Cain's wife was&where she was from. Of course, I think most people know the simple answer anyway.

http://www.absolutetruth.com/creation/page16.html


A tolerant intolerant person: "I don't care if people are Christians, as long as they keep it to themselves." :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:49 am

browneyedgirl wrote: A tolerant intolerant person: "I don't care if people are Christians, as long as they keep it to themselves." :D
I don't care if people are religious as long as the keep it to themselves!

Or at least don't shove it down my throat, then I get really mad and go all out on them.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:50 pm

stratoplayer wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: A tolerant intolerant person: "I don't care if people are Christians, as long as they keep it to themselves." :D
I don't care if people are religious as long as the keep it to themselves!

Or at least don't shove it down my throat, then I get really mad and go all out on them.
Well, I guess it depends on what religions we are referring to! :) On some forums, whenever anyone offers up Paganism&New Age topics and conversation it is accepted&swallowed like sweet candy even if offered up in a condescending manner.

Stratoplayer, believers don't like unbelevers to ram their unbelieving philosophy down their throat, either! :) So, actually, believers&nonbelievers are more alike than they realize!

On some forums there are always quite a few Christians&believers who have to watch nonbelievers criticize&even bash Christianity, and basic religious faith. When the shoe is on the other foot, the nonbelievers cry "foul"! :D
Freedom of expression works both ways.

It has been a good discussion, though. Discussions&debates on both sides are what keep the world from stagnating, and keeps Forums from dying. All of us kept this topic civilized, which probably could not have been said 4 years ago.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:17 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
stratoplayer wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: A tolerant intolerant person: "I don't care if people are Christians, as long as they keep it to themselves." :D
I don't care if people are religious as long as the keep it to themselves!

Or at least don't shove it down my throat, then I get really mad and go all out on them.
Well, I guess it depends on what religions we are referring to! :) On some forums, whenever anyone offers up Paganism&New Age topics and conversation it is accepted&swallowed like sweet candy even if offered up in a condescending manner.

Stratoplayer, believers don't like unbelevers to ram their unbelieving philosophy down their throat, either! :) So, actually, believers&nonbelievers are more alike than they realize!

On some forums there are always quite a few Christians&believers who have to watch nonbelievers criticize&even bash Christianity, and basic religious faith. When the shoe is on the other foot, the nonbelievers cry "foul"! :D
Freedom of expression works both ways.

It has been a good discussion, though. Discussions&debates on both sides are what keep the world from stagnating, and keeps Forums from dying. All of us kept this topic civilized, which probably could not have been said 4 years ago.
I still haven´t seen any sign from you or Miditek that you would understand and tolerate for example my God view, like I have expressed about your views several times. And this is precisely what I mean with a lot of Christian people.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:20 pm

On the contrary, TT, we DO understand it&we DO tolerate it. Have we called you names, or ridiculed you, or scoffed at you? You know we have not. Anybody is free to believe what they want to.

The Christians&believers of many forums have the patience of Job when it comes to these type discussions. We have to endure all types of namecalling&mudslinging from nonbelievers on Forums.
Believers are loving&caring people, and thats the point, if it ever sinks in to some people. :?
Religions consist of people, individual, all different&that is the point.
And, nobody has to "belong" to a religion to be a believer----thats where I am, specifically. I posted that here before&it did not sink in I guess, but I'm NOT a Christian, not in the true sense.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:55 pm

Anybody is free to believe what they want to.
Good, this sounds much better. Although you didnt write this before.
Nice to hear a sentence like that instead of "anybody is free to believe what they want to, but be sure to know that thee will be judged righteously on the judgement day" or whatever..thank you.

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by miditek » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:53 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
stratoplayer wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: A tolerant intolerant person: "I don't care if people are Christians, as long as they keep it to themselves." :D
I don't care if people are religious as long as the keep it to themselves!

Or at least don't shove it down my throat, then I get really mad and go all out on them.
Well, I guess it depends on what religions we are referring to! :) On some forums, whenever anyone offers up Paganism&New Age topics and conversation it is accepted&swallowed like sweet candy even if offered up in a condescending manner.

Stratoplayer, believers don't like unbelevers to ram their unbelieving philosophy down their throat, either! :) So, actually, believers&nonbelievers are more alike than they realize!

On some forums there are always quite a few Christians&believers who have to watch nonbelievers criticize&even bash Christianity, and basic religious faith. When the shoe is on the other foot, the nonbelievers cry "foul"! :D
Freedom of expression works both ways.

It has been a good discussion, though. Discussions&debates on both sides are what keep the world from stagnating, and keeps Forums from dying. All of us kept this topic civilized, which probably could not have been said 4 years ago.
TimoTolkki wrote:I still haven´t seen any sign from you or Miditek that you would understand and tolerate for example my God view, like I have expressed about your views several times. And this is precisely what I mean with a lot of Christian people.
Did you get a chance to see a reply that I posted to Jens earlier in the thread? I explained that both of you probably grew up in secular households, that there was nothing wrong with that, and probably has a lot to do with your current views. So while I do understand the secularist (or naturalist) mindset, it's simply something that I personally don't subscribe to. I'm not condemning you or your views. If you took it that way, then please allow me to offer you an apology.
miditek wrote:I do understand what you're saying, but have you or Tolkki actually ever read the Bible before? Not what we call "Bible Bingo"- just randomly reading verses, but the entire thing, cover to cover? I also understand that both of you were probably brought up in secular households in your respective countries. There's certainly nothing wrong with that, which probably explains why you view the Bible as the same as you would, let's say, Norse mythology- the whole Odin, Thor, and Loki thing.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Did you get a chance to see a reply that I posted to Jens earlier in the thread? I explained that both of you probably grew up in secular households, that there was nothing wrong with that, and probably has a lot to do with your current views. So while I do understand the secularist (or naturalist) mindset, it's simply something that I personally don't subscribe to. I'm not condemning you or your views. If you took it that way, then please allow me to offer you an apology.
Your writing still has a bit of a holier than thou attitude by analyzing my and Jens´households and its influence why we are not Christians. Also "I am not condemning you" has a holier than thou touch.
Christian religion is taught in Finland in schools from the very beginning since you are 7 years old. I find that teaching young children about some guy who was nailed to the cross etc..(you know the story right) is criminal.
Children take things literally and this of course is just one tool how the unholy trinity called church/society/country feeds the system with "God fearing, obeying citizens". So to me the whole problem has actually 3 problems that are all completely fucked up. And the primary function of all these 3 is to control people and their behaviour. They are pseudo democracies with supposed "free will", but the training starts very young.
Luckily some are able to break away from the programming and find the healthier way to participate in life in our magnificient and beautiful Cosmos.

RammaGun
Sr. Member
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by RammaGun » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:37 pm

I was baptized roman catholic
I took the Sacrement of First Communion
I took the Sacrament of Comfirmation
I went to church on Sundays morming
I have this car accident and see me and other people flying around like puppets, so vulnerable, fragile, as the vehicle fall off the road. Then, for some reason I don't think "please God, save me". Instead of that In that very moment I think or feel "men, we are that fragile and in hands of Destiny or Fate that we (mankind) created this God to feel protected".
Then I stopped to believe in God!! I cannot stop to seeing religion as just an invention, but I doubt thet there are a plot to control people. If so, why don't think the same about every other religious, mystical or "new-age" belief ?

User avatar
Martine
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: Chambly, Quebec, Canada

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by Martine » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Does religion is still taught this way in Finland? Here in Quebec, our children are now be given the choice, whether religion or moral. Both are very alike now. The only differnce, in in one there is Jesus and in the other one, there is..., I don't know. Christian teaching is changing over the world I guess. It is part of a normal evolution, and it will disappear eventually anyway. New age and all this new way of thinking will probably replace it and will track more and more adepts and will also disappear. None of them are completely useless... or useful. It always depends on your faith. This is my opinion, don't expect a response from you, just babbling.
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

User avatar
black death
Sr. Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by black death » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Martine wrote:Here in Quebec, our children are now be given the choice, whether religion or moral. Both are very alike now. The only differnce, in in one there is Jesus and in the other one, there is..., I don't know. Christian teaching is changing over the world I guess. It is part of a normal evolution, and it will disappear eventually anyway. New age and all this new way of thinking will probably replace it and will track more and more adepts and will also disappear. None of them are completely useless... or useful. It always depends on your faith.
Here in the Czech Republic, the children have no religion at schools. I remember that when I was attending basic school, I could have had religion as a voluntary subject...but only as an extra subject - either you wanted it (so you had one subject more than the others) or not. I didn't have it of course. But today, I think there are no religions at schools at all...
On the other hand...there are a few "religious schools" (certain alternatives of basic schools) where children have a lot of religion. But these children, who came from these religious schools, are usually not able to get to a good secundary school because they're not being taught there everything what children at public schools. It's quite neglectful from these schools...they must have a state licence (there are some minimum requisites what they have to teach the children), but as soon as they acquire it, they don't try to improve their way of teaching to enable their children to be able to compete with those from public schools.

User avatar
:)
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:21 am
Location: Third star to the right and straight on 'til morning.

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by :) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:20 pm

I think..... that Hitler was actually a care bear that turned to the dark side of the force when he found out that Darth Borat was his father and his brother. Then he escaped to the mountains of Ethopia to embark on a deep spiritual awakening. When he returned from Ethopia he traveled, on foot, to Istanbul. Taking with him only 2 tissues, a toothpick, a stick of butter, a saftey pin and a twinkie, and was able to make the journey in only 3 days. Once he arrived in Istanbul he changed his name to Marty, and set up a lemonade stand. Where, over the course of 5 years he made his fortune, he sold his lemonade stand for a quarter to an asian gnome that was passing by. Using the Segway he bought in Istanbul, he traversed over a great distance to a cave in south eastern France, where he rallied an army of middle aged walruses and antelope, and declared war on the indigenous migets, who fled to a pirate cove in Whales and were never seen or heard from again.
The End

I also believe that animals go to heaven when they die. :)
Visit my dog's myspace!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =143089105

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:17 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
Anybody is free to believe what they want to.
Good, this sounds much better. Although you didnt write this before.
Nice to hear a sentence like that instead of "anybody is free to believe what they want to, but be sure to know that thee will be judged righteously on the judgement day" or whatever..thank you.
:huh: Real cute, TT! People have free will as long as they say what YOU want them to say.Thats priceless! :lol: Thats true freedom. Did you ever know David Koresh? :?
You must have not read my posts well, because I have been saying 'people are free to believe what they want to' since the beginning of this topic!

Timo, maybe someday the world will be exactly the way you want it to be. People will have total freedom to do as they please. I don't know what world you are living in, but in my world that freedom already exists! If a person works hard, studies hard, gets along with people&the world around them a person can go as far as they want to, and fulfill their dreams, or at least try! :)
Of course, people have to obey the law of the land because without it, there would be total chaos. Also, moral laws are there for our own good, too---it took me 40 years to learn THAT! Being a rebel can kill you&without going into details, I was definitely on that path!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:11 am

:huh: Real cute, TT! People have free will as long as they say what YOU want them to say.Thats priceless! :lol: Thats true freedom. Did you ever know David Koresh? :?
You must have not read my posts well, because I have been saying 'people are free to believe what they want to' since the beginning of this topic!
Is this an example of Christian tolerance?:) So now I´m David Koresh:)
I don´t want people to say what I want them to say. I want them to say what they want to say.

Show me a point from your posts where you are saying the sentence: "people are free to believe what they want to".

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:45 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
:huh: Real cute, TT! People have free will as long as they say what YOU want them to say.Thats priceless! :lol: Thats true freedom. Did you ever know David Koresh? :?
You must have not read my posts well, because I have been saying 'people are free to believe what they want to' since the beginning of this topic!
Is this an example of Christian tolerance?:) So now I´m David Koresh:)
I don´t want people to say what I want them to say. I want them to say what they want to say.

Show me a point from your posts where you are saying the sentence: "people are free to believe what they want to".
Its like you are giving approval in an authority manner to peoples posts. David Koresh, Marshal Applewhite, Luc Jorea, Jim Jones= all same sides of the coin. It was just an example.
In the past years, the Christians of this forum have shown very much tolerance to/for the nonbelievers who post here, putting up with mudslinging&listening to religion and Christianity ripped to shreds. Although this behavior has lessened the past couple years, mainly because not many religion oriented topics have been posted!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Code: Select all

Its like you are giving approval in an authority manner to peoples posts. 
Again, example please. I am criticizing Christianity and stating my opinions.
So where I am writing that?
David Koresh, Marshal Applewhite, Luc Jorea, Jim Jones= all same sides of the coin. It was just an example.
That´s a heavy example.
In the past years, the Christians of this forum have shown very much tolerance to/for the nonbelievers who post here, putting up with mudslinging&listening to religion and Christianity ripped to shreds.
Well to divide people to "Christians" and "nonbelievers" also has a holier than thou touch in it. But read my posts again, and the only thing you will find is criticism towards Christianity and also backed by evidence.
David Koresh :D

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:48 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:

Code: Select all

Its like you are giving approval in an authority manner to peoples posts. 
I am stating my opinions.
Thats what the believers have been doing, too.

David Koresh, Marshal Applewhite, Luc Jorea, Jim Jones= all same sides of the coin. It was just an example.
That´s a heavy example.
In the past years, the Christians of this forum have shown very much tolerance to/for the nonbelievers who post here, putting up with mudslinging&listening to religion and Christianity ripped to shreds.
Well to divide people to "Christians" and "nonbelievers" also has a holier than thou touch in it. But read my posts again, and the only thing you will find is criticism towards Christianity and also backed by evidence. :D
Well, nonbelievers do their share of selective dividing, too. On forums, nonbelievers judge other posters and have a haughty attitude that only "certain people" are allowed to post on their topics. That attitude will kill a forum faster than anything! :)

Like your many Pagan friend-fans have said, maybe one day the Christians will be raptured&everyone else can live in peace. But, according to rapture theory, it won't be peace that the world will get. And, I don't believe the rapture theory, btw. God never takes His followers away from a fight!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:55 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:

Code: Select all

Its like you are giving approval in an authority manner to peoples posts. 
I am stating my opinions.
Thats what the believers have been doing, too.
I´m a believer too. But with a different view.

In the past years, the Christians of this forum have shown very much tolerance to/for the nonbelievers who post here, putting up with mudslinging&listening to religion and Christianity ripped to shreds.
Well to divide people to "Christians" and "nonbelievers" also has a holier than thou touch in it. But read my posts again, and the only thing you will find is criticism towards Christianity and also backed by evidence. :D
Well, nonbelievers do their share of selective dividing, too. On forums, nonbelievers judge other posters and have a haughty attitude that only "certain people" are allowed to post on their topics. That attitude will kill a forum faster than anything! :)
And that justifies your actions?
Like your many Pagan friend-fans have said, maybe one day the Christians will be raptured&everyone else can live in peace.
I have no pagan friends. And I hope that everyone can live in peace.
You don´t find a shred of violence or holier than thou attitude in my life philosophy. Neither find you fear or guilt. You find only awarness and love.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:24 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
I am stating my opinions.
Thats what the believers have been doing, too.
I´m a believer too. But with a different view.

Great, I understand&agree. You&everybody(Christians included)can believe as you want!
In the past years, the Christians of this forum have shown very much tolerance to/for the nonbelievers who post here, putting up with mudslinging&listening to religion and Christianity ripped to shreds.
Well to divide people to "Christians" and "nonbelievers" also has a holier than thou touch in it. But read my posts again, and the only thing you will find is criticism towards Christianity and also backed by evidence. :D
Well, nonbelievers do their share of selective dividing, too. On forums, nonbelievers judge other posters and have a haughty attitude that only "certain people" are allowed to post on their topics. That attitude will kill a forum faster than anything! :)

And that justifies your actions?
What actions? I don't do that sort of thing&you know it! I'm just telling you what can happen when a group of people(Who consider themselves the sole expert on a subject) post a slew of topics&do not allow some others(people they do not like personally) to post their opinions without looking down their nose at them. Or being a smartass toward the "disliked" posters. Or worst of all, the OP having an attitude that the poster is not welcome at all on the topic. This attitude has not manifest itself on this topic, btw. IMO, it has gone pretty good.
Like your many Pagan friend-fans have said, maybe one day the Christians will be raptured&everyone else can live in peace.
I have no pagan friends. And I hope that everyone can live in peace.
You don´t find a shred of violence or holier than thou attitude in my life philosophy. Neither find you fear or guilt. You find only awarness and love.

LOL! Ohhhhhh, really? :lol:
I'd be willing to bet you have chosen no Christian friends, either! ;)
But, I do find your philosophy very cool because most Christians--REAL Christians--believe that philosophy and live it, too!
Like they say, "actions speak louder than words!"
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

ChromeSatch
Jr. Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by ChromeSatch » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi, I'm a catholic, but not extremely interested in spiritual stuff.
I read this topic by chance and would like to make a comment:

Well intentioned and gentle people can often end up arguing (or even fighting, I'm sure everybody has atleast one example in mind) due to lack of communication skills.

When you make comments like "Your religion I find arrogant and wrong because...", "Your lack of belief is unexplainable to me because...", "You are authoritatively speaking when you say that...", "You are blah blah" there is nothing wrong with that (if you are polite that is), but when from a point on nothing interesting is being said and the conversation reaches a stallmate and doesn't evolve and you keep making comments like that, then tension is created. That brings along mistrust (in the sense that you feel like you are the target of the other person's comments) and participants in the conversation take a defensive stance which makes things worse (they feel like they have to stand up for what they believe every second, and end up not listening to others). This is why I don't get into serious conversations with people I know that lack basic communication skills.

All in all, when you don't have something to say on the subject, it's better to let it rest, because bad emotions can litterally come out of nowhere and build upon themselves.

On to the subject,
Timo Tolkki wrote: I still haven´t seen any sign from you or Miditek that you would understand and tolerate for example my God view, like I have expressed about your views several times. And this is precisely what I mean with a lot of Christian people.
It is really interesting, because my experience is quite the opposite. Most of my christian "friends" are VERY open-minded and excellent conversationists about religious topics, and I mean that not only they don't try to convert you, but they give the impression that they are listening to you like they would listen to the prime minister himself. Have you ever thought that the problem might lie PRIMARILY within the character of the person? Maybe, it could be because all this preaching from a young age DOES INDEED harm the kids, especially the introverted (hope this is the right word) ones who are more keen to develop relevant complexes. I mean that if someone has a strong character and an open mind, then no matter his religion, you won't be feeling like talking to a brickwall.
On the black wind forever we ride on together
Destroying your evil with freedom our guide
When the master will call us
He'll stand high before us
Our hearts filled with splendour
Our swords will shine over the light

User avatar
Carcass
Sr. Member
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Finland

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by Carcass » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:12 pm

:) wrote:I think..... that Hitler was actually a care bear that turned to the dark side of the force when he found out that Darth Borat was his father and his brother. Then he escaped to the mountains of Ethopia to embark on a deep spiritual awakening. When he returned from Ethopia he traveled, on foot, to Istanbul. Taking with him only 2 tissues, a toothpick, a stick of butter, a saftey pin and a twinkie, and was able to make the journey in only 3 days. Once he arrived in Istanbul he changed his name to Marty, and set up a lemonade stand. Where, over the course of 5 years he made his fortune, he sold his lemonade stand for a quarter to an asian gnome that was passing by. Using the Segway he bought in Istanbul, he traversed over a great distance to a cave in south eastern France, where he rallied an army of middle aged walruses and antelope, and declared war on the indigenous migets, who fled to a pirate cove in Whales and were never seen or heard from again.
The End

I also believe that animals go to heaven when they die. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're killing me...

User avatar
Martine
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: Chambly, Quebec, Canada

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by Martine » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Carcass wrote:
:) wrote:I think..... that Hitler was actually a care bear that turned to the dark side of the force when he found out that Darth Borat was his father and his brother. Then he escaped to the mountains of Ethopia to embark on a deep spiritual awakening. When he returned from Ethopia he traveled, on foot, to Istanbul. Taking with him only 2 tissues, a toothpick, a stick of butter, a saftey pin and a twinkie, and was able to make the journey in only 3 days. Once he arrived in Istanbul he changed his name to Marty, and set up a lemonade stand. Where, over the course of 5 years he made his fortune, he sold his lemonade stand for a quarter to an asian gnome that was passing by. Using the Segway he bought in Istanbul, he traversed over a great distance to a cave in south eastern France, where he rallied an army of middle aged walruses and antelope, and declared war on the indigenous migets, who fled to a pirate cove in Whales and were never seen or heard from again.
The End

I also believe that animals go to heaven when they die. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're killing me...
You're a real story teller. Should start a new career. Would beat J.K. Rowlings and Harry Potter for sure. :D
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

User avatar
:)
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:21 am
Location: Third star to the right and straight on 'til morning.

Re: Why do People Hate Jews and Christians?

Post by :) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:10 am

Martine wrote:
Carcass wrote:
:) wrote:I think..... that Hitler was actually a care bear that turned to the dark side of the force when he found out that Darth Borat was his father and his brother. Then he escaped to the mountains of Ethopia to embark on a deep spiritual awakening. When he returned from Ethopia he traveled, on foot, to Istanbul. Taking with him only 2 tissues, a toothpick, a stick of butter, a saftey pin and a twinkie, and was able to make the journey in only 3 days. Once he arrived in Istanbul he changed his name to Marty, and set up a lemonade stand. Where, over the course of 5 years he made his fortune, he sold his lemonade stand for a quarter to an asian gnome that was passing by. Using the Segway he bought in Istanbul, he traversed over a great distance to a cave in south eastern France, where he rallied an army of middle aged walruses and antelope, and declared war on the indigenous migets, who fled to a pirate cove in Whales and were never seen or heard from again.
The End

I also believe that animals go to heaven when they die. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're killing me...
You're a real story teller. Should start a new career. Would beat J.K. Rowlings and Harry Potter for sure. :D
-Bow bow-
Thank you! thank you! I'll be here all week! hahahahahaha
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And in relation to this "real discussion" that is going on in this topic (mostly TT and BEG) I think arguing what's right and wrong, and what particular view is correct on ANY religion is kind of a never ending debate that there are no set, definate answers for. Unless you were there and know first hand, you'll never be 100% certain what is accurate. I think the best way to go is, believe what you want to believe, as long as it doesn't harm your fellow man, and as long as your actions and words improve the quality of life for you and those around you. :)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that's just my opinion. :)
Visit my dog's myspace!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =143089105

Locked