Euro 2008

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
dirge
Re: Euro 2008

Post by dirge » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:40 am

I hope Croatia do the business tonight! My girl has a bet on them! :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:53 am

If Nihat has a good day...

Turkey seems stronger, but we'll see..

Germany had a normal match. I mean, as always, they always seem deads and then...They are always in finals, etc.

And what do you think about Spain - Italy on Sunday?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:10 pm

stratohawk wrote:
Dave wrote:GERMANY !!!!

YEEEEHAAAA!!!!!!!!! Our best match so far! 8)

Glückwünsche!

(I knew this would end in tears for the others- the Germans don't like disobedience. :D )
Κύριε ἐλέησον

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:03 am

RazielSR wrote: Germany had a normal match. I mean, as always, they always seem deads and then...They are always in finals, etc.

Well, against Portugal they didn't "seem deads", they played much better than against Croatia and Austria. It was really a good game, from both sides, but Germany succeeded in neutralizing Portugal's strikers.

Tonight's game was absolutely boring. What a bad football game. The last minutes of course were thrilling, but both sides IMO played much worse than before. Now Germany-Turkey, with some 5 Million native Turkish living in Germany, this will be kind of an heated-up atmosphere. I'm glad that I'll be in England during the match. Btw, I like British sports commentators much more than Germans. Always much more entertaining.

Spain - Italy promises to be an interesting game.... I'm curious about that.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:58 am

stratohawk wrote: Spain - Italy promises to be an interesting game.... I'm curious about that.
Ditto, seem almost like a semifinal match.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:50 am

stratohawk wrote:
RazielSR wrote: Germany had a normal match. I mean, as always, they always seem deads and then...They are always in finals, etc.

Well, against Portugal they didn't "seem deads", they played much better than against Croatia and Austria. It was really a good game, from both sides, but Germany succeeded in neutralizing Portugal's strikers.

Tonight's game was absolutely boring. What a bad football game. The last minutes of course were thrilling, but both sides IMO played much worse than before. Now Germany-Turkey, with some 5 Million native Turkish living in Germany, this will be kind of an heated-up atmosphere. I'm glad that I'll be in England during the match. Btw, I like British sports commentators much more than Germans. Always much more entertaining.

Spain - Italy promises to be an interesting game.... I'm curious about that.
I don't see Turkey repeating the feat against Germany, especially if they played like they did last night and Germany are anything like they were against Portugal. Terrible, sloppy. Plus, they're ravished by injuries and yellow cards... against a full-strength Germany team featuring the likes of Ballack, Podolski, Klose and Schweinsteiger, I don't think they'll pull it off. Each of the teams they've beaten was missing their best player.

Anyway, being quarter German myself, I want Germany to win! :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:54 am

RazielSR wrote: And what do you think about Spain - Italy on Sunday?
Spain have The Curse against Italy. 88 years since the last time they beat them! But if the curse is to be broken, it will be tonight. The strike force of Torres, Fabergas and Villa up front will be a nightmare for any defence. Buffon is probably already nervous about it.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:34 am

NeonVomit wrote:
RazielSR wrote: And what do you think about Spain - Italy on Sunday?
Spain have The Curse against Italy. 88 years since the last time they beat them! But if the curse is to be broken, it will be tonight. The strike force of Torres, Fabergas and Villa up front will be a nightmare for any defence. Buffon is probably already nervous about it.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Spain! :P

dirge

Post by dirge » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:42 pm

:( Holland were very poor tonight. I'm devastated, but they didn't deserver it after playing like that when they've played a hell of a lot better earlier in the tournement against some bigger teams.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:26 pm

dirge wrote::( Holland were very poor tonight. I'm devastated, but they didn't deserver it after playing like that when they've played a hell of a lot better earlier in the tournement against some bigger teams.
You're not even Dutch, get over it :D

Great match.

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Oh guys you even cannot imagine HOW Russian people celebrated our victory last night!!! I heard "animal screams" from the courtyard, and there were fireworks everywhere, and of course some broken cars in the morning... :roll: I was afraid that my little son will wake up after fan's screams... :?

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:44 pm

Oh my... What a deja vu. I was experiencing the exact same thing as above in 2004. The only difference was that I was worrying about my little brother, not son.
I wonder what would happen if... nah, it couldn't possibly end like that:P

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:09 pm

EspaÑa! EspaÑa! We'll defeat you Italians!

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:23 pm

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! GO SPAIN GO SPAIN GO!!!

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:56 pm

Crap... all of my candidates are out... Actually, my only candidate was Holland. That was a surprise. And today I was cheering for Italy.

Ojalá que gane Turquía o Rusia! 8)
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 am

SPANISH VENDETTA
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

dirge

Post by dirge » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:10 am

Great game, i'm glad Italy are out of it! :D

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:50 am

Casillas is the shit, no wonder he is the main goalie from Real Madrid.
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:30 am

:D :D :D :D

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Well that's it. I've lost my touch.

I officially have no idea what will happen.

I'm hoping for a Germany - Spain final, as they are my two teams but who knows...

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:45 pm

NeonVomit wrote:I'm hoping for a Germany - Spain final, as they are my two teams but who knows...
Too typical (well, not so typical since Spain never make it to a final, no matter what tournament they play :D ). Russia - Turkey would be an unexpected shock for everyone. I would like them to reach the final game just to show how overrated the other teams are. It annoys me that most other teams think of themselves as the very best, even though many of them suck. That's why originally I wanted Holland to win. They had a very good teamplay and they never thought of themselves as masters of the universe.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:05 pm

Stealth wrote: That's why originally I wanted Holland to win. They had a very good teamplay and they never thought of themselves as masters of the universe.
Well, Koeman almost destroy Valencia C.F last season...And his attitude was sooo arrogant and "I'm the master of the universe"....

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:18 pm

Morgana wrote:Oh guys you even cannot imagine HOW Russian people celebrated our victory last night!!! I heard "animal screams" from the courtyard, and there were fireworks everywhere, and of course some broken cars in the morning... :roll: I was afraid that my little son will wake up after fan's screams... :?
Damn, I hate football...-_- Because that day I was waken up by those hellish fans for the third time - and this is in Moscow suburb! +_+ Wish it could come to an end, but what the hell is going to happen here if they lose to Spain on Thursday... oh my god... I really hate football...-_-

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 pm

R.F. wrote:
Morgana wrote:Oh guys you even cannot imagine HOW Russian people celebrated our victory last night!!! I heard "animal screams" from the courtyard, and there were fireworks everywhere, and of course some broken cars in the morning... :roll: I was afraid that my little son will wake up after fan's screams... :?
Damn, I hate football...-_- Because that day I was waken up by those hellish fans for the third time - and this is in Moscow suburb! +_+ Wish it could come to an end, but what the hell is going to happen here if they lose to Spain on Thursday... oh my god... I really hate football...-_-
Imagine if they won...even worse :lol:

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:34 pm

If Russia will win, I think there will be no safe cars in the streets... Fans will break everything around them :(

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Here you can see what fans did that night:

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:17 pm

Morgana wrote:Here you can see what fans did that night:

You guys party HARD :p

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:50 pm

R.F. wrote:
Everyone will stay home and get drunk and be too depressed to do anything.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Morgana wrote:Here you can see what fans did that night:

And? :D I mean, except they are already celebrating like having won the Championship, I see nothing special in it. ;-)

Anyways, I hope you get the quietness you need for yourself and your son. :-)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:43 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm shocked! What an exciting match today!! It has been absolutely amazing.