Your political stand?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Make your choise

right
39%
left
61%

Total votes: 23

Mormegil
Your political stand?

Post by Mormegil » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:30 pm

Recent political-discussion in this forum inspired me to discover where Stratofarius/metal -fans stand politically as I haven't ever heard of anyone conducting such research. :)
Surely most people are not totalitarians on either side, but I'm sure everyone who has courage to make up opinions on their own is a little more of the other than the other. And so:
Voting right doesn't make you a nazi and supporter of Bush and his war of terror.
Voting left doesn't make you a hippie communist.

Personally I'm more of a right-winger and I have a feeling I might be the only one...

Please answer and/or discuss, I'm genuinely interested in how people in this forum feel. :)

stratoplayer

Re: Your political stand?

Post by stratoplayer » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:43 pm

Depends... right wing in most cases, but I am a huge fan of the Scandinavian type of government and economy. Granted, you can't do that everywhere, but it's a system that works very well.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

miditek

Post by miditek » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:44 am

I lean more towards the right, but don't think either side is infallible. To be honest, and to also answer @Carcass' question about the two party (I call it a Duopoly myself) system here in the States, I actually despise both parties overall.

There is really no need for other political parties here, since SIG's (Special Interest Groups- the true core problem that we have), would learn to lobby, bribe, and then eventually dominate them as well- just like they do both the Republicans and the Democrats. That's why people here cackle loudly when corrupt public officials get caught by whom they think are slick lobbyists who actually end up being undercover FBI agents instead. It's hard to argue your innocence in federal court when the FBI has you on videotape accepting a bribe with thousands of dollars in marked bills, or in the case of the Sheriff, on tape with over 20 kilos of coke in the trunk of your car.

It happens a lot more than you might think, even here in my area. The FBI has recently arrested our Sheriff, as well as a City Councilman, with still more search warrants and indictments to be served!

Nevertheless, there is plenty of blame to go around at the Federal level for let's say, the highest fuel prices in U.S. history- which in turn, is being further aggravated by some of the highest food prices in- you guessed it, U.S. history. If you think that goverment meddling from both sides of the isle might have rather quite a bit to do with the current mess, then move to the head of the class. More on that later...:)
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:13 am

Tough one. I'm socially liberal, fiscally conservative I guess. But I'm more left-of-centre overall than anything else.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:36 pm

Right wing.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:03 am

If it has to be a black and white choise between left and right, I would definitely have to say left wing.

But I am pretty apolitical. I have voted once in my life, when I was 18. I justed wanted to see how it works.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:23 pm

Well, I guess when you take everything apart, all issues&analyze them, I am classed as a Moderate middle-of-the-roader. I can see good sides&bad sides of the major parties, and agree with some of both.
However, I usually vote democrat. Franky, I'd like to see a good third party have a fighting chance, but so far the only thing a third party seems to serve is a spoiler to take votes away from one or the other party. *coughRalphcoughcoughNadercough*

Oh, I think Teddy Roosevelt won on a third party a long, long time ago. :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:35 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Oh, I think Teddy Roosevelt won on a third party a long, long time ago. :)
No but he came damn close.

(By political standards, it was an ass raping, but 38% for a third party candidate is damn impressive)

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:39 pm

I hate politics, try not to get involved in it :)
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:54 pm

I'm more of a right-winged guy, though I could easily accept a left-winged party, if there was a good one in my country. In the future there will be no left and right anyway, new wave of politics is coming, believe me. Wether it's good or not, we will see.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:I'm more of a right-winged guy, though I could easily accept a left-winged party, if there was a good one in my country. In the future there will be no left and right anyway, new wave of politics is coming, believe me. Wether it's good or not, we will see.
A one-party government? ??? Is that similar to the "one-world" government idea that is talked about in some circles? ???

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:09 am

Nope, I mean there will be different approaches of politics. I can't tell the future unfortunately. :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

black death

Post by black death » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:17 pm

INDEPENDENT !!!

Why is there no option for something like that? Not everybody is left or right... :evil: :twisted: :evil:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:57 am

In my opinion, left has some advantages over right in my country because "right" has killed many people in here (I mean not a Real right, here it's just another name that presidents hide in to gain more money for themselves) with wars, hunger, poverty... etc.

Left here is a hope to end this sorrow (We still cannot tell if it is just another fancy name).

For many people it would depend on the country they live in, I'm sure that there's a good "Right" somewhere.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:21 pm

Definitely left.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:32 pm

If I have to choose between these two I take left, because here I can at least see some good things in the really basic ideas of it (not in the results though). I can't see any advantages of right.
But anyway, not regarding left and right I'm green...environmentalist or something. ^^ :)
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
I looked for love in an empty world
but all I found was hate

MetalManiac

Post by MetalManiac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:51 am

I'd say left.
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning."

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:58 pm

It seems to me that Right-wingers in Europe are more flexible&open-minded than right-wingers in the rest of the world. Or is that my imagination? ???