Its a BOY!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
Its a BOY!

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:38 pm

:luv3: :luv1: :luv4:

Its official! I'm going to have a Grandson. :) I just hope he will be as healthy, precious, smart, and as beautiful as Vic was as a baby. Every child is an individual, and this baby will be the center of both families world.
I am just hoping he will be healthy, so far all tests&everything reveals all is well. I'm going to be praying every day for this baby's healthy entrance into the world, and I'm hoping we all can be a good, loving family for this child.

I called my Ex last night&told him the news, and he was elated! He said he is hoping that all will be well&that the baby will be healthy. My Ex already has 3 Grandchildren by his first wife, so Vic's baby will be his 4th grandchild&3rd grandson. But, this is my first grandbaby, so naturally I am teary-eyed with emotion&happiness, but at the same time so worried.

Vic already loves this baby so much. I just hope the baby's entrance into the world is smooth sailing. In any event, he is kissed by the Angels, and his arrival is being looked forward to with heartfuls of love. :luv1:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Re: Its a BOY!

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:46 pm

Congratulations and best wishes to you Vic and the baby and the mother. keep us updated on this and enjoy your family

dirge

Post by dirge » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:49 pm

:D Congratulations BEG!!!
Let have a drink today to celebrate! :beer:
You will be a great grandparent! What will you want to be called by the baby? This caused quite a stir among the grandparents when we had our baby! My folks are Nanny and Bampi and my partners folks are Nanny, grandad and grandi (think I spelt that one right, it's Welsh and there are 3 there as my girlfriends parents split up when she was little)

Anyways... Woohoo! :beer: :D

black death

Post by black death » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:10 pm

:ola:

Congratulations!
I hope you'll post some pics as long as you have some :D

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Congratulations from me also! :)

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Also, from here.
Congratulations! :D

Paola

Post by Paola » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:30 pm

oh!! congratulations!! :wink:

We've the official grandma of the Stratoforum
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Vic is the modern Dad. He has actually started putting headphones on his GFs tummy, letting the baby listen to Classical Music. :D Well, it has been theorized that the baby can hear sounds like this before its born. But, I warned him, "No Ironmaiden, or Megadeth!" :lol: The baby will get enough of that AFTER he is born. :lol: Not to mention Opeth, CoB, and Dark Tranquility! :D Knowing my son, this baby will have a guitar in his hands by the time he is walking. :D

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:49 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Vic is the modern Dad. He has actually started putting headphones on his GFs tummy, letting the baby listen to Classical Music. :D Well, it has been theorized that the baby can hear sounds like this before its born. But, I warned him, "No Ironmaiden, or Megadeth!" :lol: The baby will get enough of that AFTER he is born. :lol: Not to mention Opeth, CoB, and Dark Tranquility! :D Knowing my son, this baby will have a guitar in his hands by the time he is walking. :D
That's what I would do... :p

Congratulations to you and Vic.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

StratoÄijä

Post by StratoÄijä » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Congratulations! :)
Winter - The realm of eternal ice
Snowfall and darkness descends upon the vales of time
Distant caress of the sun's fading light
The lands were painted white with the Winter's might

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Congratulations @BEG! :) :) and @SETH! :) :)

black death

Post by black death » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:15 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Vic is the modern Dad. He has actually started putting headphones on his GFs tummy, letting the baby listen to Classical Music. :D Well, it has been theorized that the baby can hear sounds like this before its born. But, I warned him, "No Ironmaiden, or Megadeth!" :lol: The baby will get enough of that AFTER he is born. :lol: Not to mention Opeth, CoB, and Dark Tranquility! :D Knowing my son, this baby will have a guitar in his hands by the time he is walking. :D
Why not Megadeth? When his father is Vic... :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:32 pm

black death wrote:
Why not Megadeth? When his father is Vic... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Megadeth was actually the first Metal band Vic took a serious interest in because I became a fan about the time Vic was born. And I'd play their CDs alot, so he was listening to MegaD&IM on a personal tape player by the time he was 3 or 4&he'd rock back and forth to the music, and really got into it. He also liked ZZ Topp, and lots of regular Rock bands, too. He didn't take my fondness for Phil Collins or Barry Manilow, though! :lol:

I told my parents last night they were going to be Great-Grandparents of a little boy, and they were happy about it. My Dad just replied,"I hope I do live to see him." Well, he is 77, so he has a point! :) But, Dad is very healthy so he just might one day take the little tyke fishing! :)

Beauty_has_come

Post by Beauty_has_come » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:36 am

Congratulations BEG ^^!!!!!

Very nice :D
------------------------

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:46 am

Congratulations to you and Vic! I'm very glad to see that the baby is healthy and happy.

BTW- does this mean that "Mam-Maw" is your new title at home? :wink:

P.S. to our European friends- don't ask- it's a Southern thing- you wouldn't understand. :lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:14 am

miditek wrote:Congratulations to you and Vic! I'm very glad to see that the baby is healthy and happy.

BTW- does this mean that "Mam-Maw" is your new title at home? :wink:

P.S. to our European friends- don't ask- it's a Southern thing- you wouldn't understand. :lol:
;) Well, alot of chidren call their Grandmothers "Granny" now. Either Mam-Maw or Granny is fine with me. :) Vic called both Grandmothers "Granny", But his Grandfathers were Pap-Paw. :)

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:43 am

Congratulations, BEG!!! :) I see my happy mother and envy her - she does sleep at nights, she does eat, she doesn't feed my baby, she doesn't care about any daily problems, she just enjoys to be a grandmother :) :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Well, I don't know about sleeping at night because worry does come with the territory of both Mother, and Grandmother. :) And, in this day&time the worries become more&more harsh. But, worry comes connected with Love, so it is acceptable, and inevitable.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:46 pm

Congrats!

You'll be the first Strato-Grandma :)
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:48 am

Shurik wrote:Congrats!

You'll be the first Strato-Grandma :)
Wow, thats a unique title! :D

Yeah, I'm younger than my Mother was when she became a Grandma, but these days you hear of 33-year old women becoming Grannys. :D

Thing is, I don't feel like a Granny. ???
I mean I'm still spry. :D

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Awesome congrats :D Is there a name yet?
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:52 am

htcdude wrote:Awesome congrats :D Is there a name yet?

Not yet. Its too early, but in a month or so I'm sure the parents will have one picked out. ;)

I don't want to interfere but I hope its not an unusual name because kids can be so cruel, even when it comes to a name. When I named my son I wanted it to be unique, but not weird. I named him his first name, his dad named him Seth from the Bible for the middle name. It was OK. :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:49 am

now if he was finnish his name could be kotolkkipelto

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:40 pm

icecab21 wrote:now if he was finnish his name could be kotolkkipelto
LOL! In English, Kotipelto means "home field". :D So that means TKs ancestors were either farmers, or baseball players! :D

>joking< :D

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:21 pm

Congratulations and all the very best to you all :)
<b>This is wrong</b>

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:52 am

Since we are discussing babies....

A blue blanket, so I assume its a boy. :)
Vic had a headful of blonde curls when he was born. And it has not darkened much at all through the years.

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Congratulations!
Keep us informed! :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:14 pm

eagledreamr wrote:Congratulations!
Keep us informed! :)
You bet! :)

Welcome to the Forum! I think I know you. ;)
Have fun posting! :)

finnlandia

Post by finnlandia » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:03 pm

Congratulations!!

SETH

Post by SETH » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:49 am

Thank you for this topic, BEG. Everything concerning the baby is going good. Kris had hellacious morning sickness, I was worried about her for awhile. That has passed now. She is feeling our son move quite a bit now. That was such an experience to feel the baby move around. Kris has not gained much weight yet but she still has four months to go. My mother has not said, I don't know why, but the baby is due Halloween night. Trick or Treat. A Trick if he does not arrive and a treat if he is born.
I'd be lying if I said I was not worried. I am so very worried about everything. I want to be a good Father to my son more than anything. I want to give him a good life and treat him well and always be in his life, I am excited and so worried at the same time. I know Kris will be a devoted mom, and he will have 2 grandmothers to help out, but I'm still so worried sometimes.
We plan to wait another month or so before we name our son, just to make sure all is all right.

Thank you everybody for the congrats.