Spirituality

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
AGAG
Re: Spirituality

Post by AGAG » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:37 pm

Bearded persons are usually very intelligent or crazy (What's the difference?) :lol:
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 pm

AGAG wrote:Bearded persons are usually very intelligent or crazy (What's the difference?) :lol:
Hey! You're talking about my Mother-In-Law(RIP)! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:02 am

:lol: Crazyness isn't that bad if it works out for you.

(We should get on-topic)
---...---

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:40 am

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Wise_Beard_Man

perfect combination of beards and spiritualty

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:09 pm

:lol:
It's quite interesting...

---...---

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Sky Angel Cowboy interview on CBN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYcszYW6ceE

This is a very touching interview with a little kid that lives in the very heartland of America- out on a ranch in in a rural area of Nebraska. I have rarely ever seen such a young child with faith as strong as Logan Henderson, and his story of an intimate conversation with God during prayer is now being told around the world-and being broadcast across global networks such as CBN and Sky Angel.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

jim1990

Post by jim1990 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:32 am

I'm sorry if there are mistakes in my english, it isn't very good. I haven't read all the posts, so it may have been said before.

I'm an atheist, and I don't think God (or ghosts) exists. A lot of people here ask WHY atheists care about religions, if they really don't believe in it. The answer (in my case) is very simple.

I live in Norway, and Christianity is a part of the country, you could say. Children learn about God and stuff in school. I remember our school even brought us to church. To me, that was terrible. You know, I've always been into math and stuff like that, and I would like to not waste my time on religions.

Religions are also a part of many wars. People still kill because of religions. The bible actually tells us to kill, as an axample, homosexuals. There is no other way to interpret it (is that the right word in English?). You could say that it is from The Old Testament, and we shouldn't care that much about it. But still, The hole bible is a part of Christianity. I can accept religions the day they change their views at some important things. The most important is the view of humans, and that we're all a part of the universe.

You know, maybe I some day will accept religions, but I'll never believe in them. To me, there is no God.

And another thing: I'm a happy person. In fact, I don't know another person that is as happy as me. I Smile all day long. I don't even want to go to bed, because I love my life, and want to enjoy every part of it (and when I go to bed, I enjoy that too). I don't think that the most important thing to be able to be happy is religions, to be loved or stuff like that. I think the most import things are to love and make progress. I always make progress. I do a lot of workout, and I'm pretty good at school. And I promise you, God never helped me. I did it all by myself (and a little help from my friends). And that makes me happy.

God is almighty, but he doesn't stop all the madness in the world?

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:10 pm

jim1990 wrote: God is almighty, but he doesn't stop all the madness in the world?
That is what religions will spend about 80% of their time trying to explain, and I haven't heard a decent explaination yet other than 'just accept it'.

WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?!?!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

miditek

Post by miditek » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:54 am

Re: Hurricane Gustav image:
NeonVomit wrote:WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?!?!
Fascinating- literally the exact same dialog- word for word- spoken by "The Guardian", portrayed by German actor Udo Kier (in right rear of the photograph)- from the film "The Omega Code: Megiddo"

Where is our Lord now? What you are seeing is literally a fulfillment of prophecy- read Luke 21:25 below- does Jesus not warn us that the tossing and roaring of the sea is a sign of the End Times? Does He not say that Christians will (not maybe not possibly, but will) be hated for His name's sake. This sort of thing has gone on for over 2,000 years as well. If you'd ever read the Bible you would know that God does not promise us a rose garden in this world- not by a long shot. If you can actually prove what has been written in Luke 21 and Matthew 25 is not actually coming to pass, then I would be pleased to review and critique your evidence and research.

Nero had the earliest Christians tarred and then were lit on fire in order to illuminate his gardens at night. I am sure that the agonized shrieks of the earliest saints not only provided amusement for the sadistic emperor, but also one of those "I told you so" moments for Lucifer as well!

A more modern example of courage in the face of adversity are the harrowing events that were endured by the American missionaries Martin and Gracia Burnham who were kidnapped and hidden for over a year in the Philippines by the Al-Quaeda splinter group Abu Sayaf. Before Martin was killed in a shootout between the terrorists and the regular Philippine army, this courageous man had actually won the respect of his captors due to his uncompromising kindness, faith, and obvious concern for the souls of his captors- up to and including regular discussions with the leader Abu Sabaya, whom he gently warned to consider the state of his soul and the dangers of God's coming judgment against him for his crimes. Sabaya was killed later in a firefight with Filipino marines from a special forces group after being tracked for weeks on end.

Also, regarding the madness of the world, it seems that you simply wish to dismiss God's existence because His plans somehow don't fit into how you would like things to be?

Things have been bad for a rather long time- since Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden. And they got worse later on.

Signs of the End of the Age Luke 21:5-28

(5) Some of his disciples were remarking about how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and with gifts dedicated to God. But Jesus said, (6) "As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one of them will be thrown down."

(7) "Teacher," they asked, "when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?"

( 8 -) He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

(9) When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."

(10) Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. (11) There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

(12) "But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you. They will deliver you to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of My name.

(13) This will result in your being witnesses to them.

(14) But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves.

(15) For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.

(16) You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death.

(17) All men will hate you because of Me. ( 18 ) But not a hair of your head will perish. (19) By standing firm you will gain life.

(20) "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. (21) Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

(22) For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. (23) How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people.

(24) They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

(25) "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.

(26) Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. (27) At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

(28 - ) When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:55 am

Painting the target around the arrow again...

I dismiss 'God's plans' not because I don't like the way things are, it's because I do not believe any God exists, at least not in the way commonly believed. I have seen nothing to convince me of the existance of God, and I have seen nothing to show me the bible should be taken at all seriously.

It's that simple, really.

miditek

Post by miditek » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:59 am

NeonVomit wrote:Painting target around an arrow again, I see...
Well, other than Luke 21:28 which of these warnings have not yet come to pass? It would be a different story if none of these things written about had happened.

You asked where is God, and I think that His word clearly points out the He is still running the show.

Ask a silly question...... :wink:
NeonVomit wrote:I dismiss 'God's plans' not because I don't like the way things are, it's because I do not believe any God exists, at least not in the way commonly believed.

I respectfully disagree. For someone that doesn't believe in God, you certainly spend a lot of time talking about Him. If He is such a waste of time, then why bother? Even by reviling Him you still fulfill what has been written will occur in the last days.

Or in other words, I don't see you condeming Bhuddists, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Rastafarians, or other faiths. It's always, Christians,.

The devil is certainly working overtime tonight, eh?
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:04 am

Hurricanes and natural disasters have been occuring every year, for as long as human memory has existed. Why weren't any of those a sign of the end times? Hurricanes and disasters from 200, 300, 400 years ago... Why wasn't the Orissa cyclone one of those signs, or the Bangladesh cyclone of '79? I guess those ones didn't count because the people affected weren't Christians for the most part, right...?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:22 am

There is so much going on over the evidence of any side that it's crazy. So much is debated over literal and metaphorical that lifetimes can and have been devoted to this. If the bible is historically accurate when it says that Jesus died on the cross and appeared before hundreds of people then went to heaven, then it would be pure foolishness to think other from a Christian god. If the books are spoiled by agenda and human tampering and the events did not happen in that way and Jesus just died and he and all that was his life disappeared into non existence and non memory then it would be foolish to believe in the Christian conception. No matter what I would say the words of Jesus are words that people could do a lot better to live by. The only problem is that everyone has their own personal Jesus. No two people have the same conception of what Christianity is to the detail since we are all unique individuals created with different and unequal in mind and body. I find it hard to define what Christianity is with so many factions, some that wish to have humans help each other out and connect, and others that focus on thought processes that divide and lead people towards attacking each other. As for one thought on natural disasters… the earth has been making climate changes over the billions of years of its existence and this is just a natural cycle in the life of the new. Another perspective could be that humans are killing off the earth with an overuse of its resources without the power to use renewable energy and are causing irreparable damage that will end the earth’s ability to support life. Here for one Christian view on natural disasters. God will take care of those that don’t make it and will give the non-believers a change to see the truth and accept it before judgment, what the disaster is for is to bring us together to assist each other and find ways to work together and help each other towards a better future. A natural disaster would be a guide towards us looking over life and how the choices we make effect our future. For every looter there are multiples of more people that are willing to put their heart and soul into helping their fellow humans and to rebuild both in material and to build in relationships. Now we also have the fact to consider that a god is not needed to have humans help build relationships but I guess it can help. Some statistics show that people with faith do more to charity to help communities than atheists. That is an argument towards having at least that part of the spirit that leads to charity. What I love about this subject is that everything can draw into even greater debate. Such as if charity or business does more to help a community and what levels of working together draw the most benefit? With everything so connected in debates that is really what makes the religious debate someone of nonbelievers focus. It it’s a fight for the soul, then whenever people gather in communities and use their own values to determine how that community should be run, and then concepts like these are important to everyone. With values being separate from religion its values that need to be focused on and not so much who people answer to but what they answer to and how they answer it.