New Edguy album - Tinnitus Sanctus - 14 November

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
RazielSR
New Edguy album - Tinnitus Sanctus - 14 November

Post by RazielSR » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:59 am

SEPTEMBER 17TH , 2008
TINNITUS SANCTUS :: NEW ALBUM COVER REVEALED!

Edguy :: Tinnitus SanctusEdguy have just revealed the album cover for their forthcoming new studio album "Tinnitus Sanctus" which will be released worldwide on November 14th. Last Saturday the record company invited the press to the studio where the album was played to several European journalists who were all really impressed with the fresh and heavy sound. More than one journalist came up with the memorable remark that the album will underline Edguy's status of having become Germany's leading Hard'n'Heavy band, setting off to new horizons, featuring typical trademarks without repeating themselves. This album is a statement of innovation and credibility and as Tobias has put it,"A vitamin shot in the arm of a boring and predictable genre."

Some of the things Tobias is saying about this new album:

We have managed to ask Tobias a couple of questions about the forthcoming Edguy album and an overall impression of the Avantasia live experience.

Q: Tobias, how do you look back on the Avantasia tour and especially the memorable Wacken show in front of 80.000 people?

Tobias: The whole tour was a great success, we were the first ones to fly an all star project like this around the world. Wacken was an experience I'd never had before. Of course we had played to 30.000 people before, Edguy have played stadiums with Iron Maiden or the Scorpions, we have toured with Aerosmith and even on our own tours we played huge crowds here and there but Wacken was beyond your imagination. I stood there and estimated 80.000 family members seemed to tie a bond between them and me. Usually I talk a lot and I joke around but when I was on stage and looked into this ocean of hands in the air I felt something special between the audience and me, and I was almost starting to cry. It was magic and in that moment I felt blessed I am. I know I sound a bit wimpy but I don't fucking care, sometimes you should stop pretending to be a hero and just be thankful for how great life is. And thank the people who made it possible!

Q: There are rumors that there will be an Avantasia-DVD...

Tobias: Absolutely true. We've had a camera team following us around the world, there will be an extended road documentary movie and we have shot some concerts, Masters Of Rock and Wacken as well. I have seen some scenes already, I got goose bumps all over my body, 80.000 people going crazy. Nobody has ever sent a project like that around the world and we've had cameras following us literally 24 hours a day. We will give fans a very intimate view behind the scenes. It will take some time until it gets released but I swear it will be the kind of DVD, you have never ever seen before.

Q: Now you're working on a new Edguy album "Tinnitus Sanctus" already. Isn't that quite a bit of stress?

Tobias: If it was stress I wouldn't do it. I played 14 shows in half a year, I finished the latest Avantasia album almost one year ago already, I think it's no big deal to write ten songs in twelve months if you don't have a regular job. I don't do drugs, I get high on writing great songs that make my flesh crawl. It's no stress, it's a blessing.

Q: You mentioned that you won't go back to the roots, how would you describe the new material then?

Tobias: We don't go back to the roots, we never denied who we are and where we come from, so I don't see a reason to go back to wherever. I go straight forward and follow my heart as I've always done, "Tinnitus Sanctus" is exactly the music we wanna play, we are happy and I don't give a fuck if it's gonna be our biggest selling album or not. It's so great, even if my career would go down the drain and this would be the last album, I'd be more than happy to be remembered as the guy who recorded "Tinnitus Sanctus". I'd rather ruin my carreer with a creative killer album like that than trying to play safe with a boring stereotype Power Metal stinker constructed on a drawing table. We have a couple of song titles such as "Dragonfly", "Dead Or Rock", "Wake Up Dreaming Black" or "Sex Fire Religion". And we'll shoot a video for a very heavy midtempo-anthem by the name of "Ministry Of Saints". And there'll be a bonus track called "Aren't You A Little Pervert Too?" which is quite nasty.

Q: But not long ago you said the album won't turn out as goofy as Rocket Ride?

Tobias: I don't think Rocket Ride was totally goofy, but maybe it was too obvious that we wanted to show the world that we're ready to disregard conventions. Tinnitus Sanctus is a serious album, only with a subtle scent of humor here and there. It's not like Rocket Ride, it's got bigger balls! "Little Pervert" is just a song about several ways of interaction, a game for one to seven players, haha. Incest is a game the whole family can play, haha. Seriously, the key message is that no matter what you are during the day time, when the lights go down we are all dirty little animals! It's not about me personally, it's pretty funny. Metal and humor go well together, otherwise why would old men go on stage in loincloths and warpaint pretending to be Conan the Barbarian? That's tongue-in-cheek and that's cool and I love people who don't take themselves too serious. I feel a little bit like God, he doesn't take himself as half as seriously as his fans do, that's what those two clowns, god and me, have got in common. Have you ever seen an aardvark? Check it out and then tell me, do you really believe God has no sense of humor?

Q: And when is the album due to be released?

Tobias: The album is gonna be released November 16th, as we wanted to focus on the album, we don't release a single or EP in advance. The album is all that counts. We'll release the video online in October, instead of a regular single. The stuff is so fucking cool, it's better promotion than a regular single, wait and you'll be knocked off your feet!

REALLY AMAZING. Can't wait!!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

dirge

Re: New Edguy album - Tinnitus Sanctus - 14 November

Post by dirge » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:05 pm

Doesn't Tinnitus mean something bad in your ear??? :?: :roll:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:35 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

I have that tinnitus many times, it's the typical "piiiiiiii" in the ears when we are listening music to loud.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:16 pm

"A vitamin shot in the arm of a boring and predictable genre."

I like the sound of that. There are enough standard power metal albums in the world already. I'm probably the only one wanting to hear more stuff in the vein of Rocket Ride.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:20 pm

No please Mormegil, no more Rocket Ride, that is rock. Maybe some people wann find that in a power metal band, but I don't want it.

He said this album have nothing to do with any previous album from Edguy, so we'll see.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:14 pm

This cover is really provocative :D
Yes, the name of the album is ironic. Tinnitus in this case is something positive and negative at the same time. Negative because it can damage your hearing and you can turn a bit deaf in time, but positive because that can happen thanks to music because music exists and you have listened to a lot of loud music, so it seems that turning deaf because of loud music it is not bad at all... :D

stonedphoenix

Post by stonedphoenix » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:39 pm

Looks pretty interesting! Thanks for the info

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:34 am

Sweet. Really looking forward to this and I hope they tour this way!

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:31 am

Babylon wrote:Sweet. Really looking forward to this and I hope they tour this way!
Me too, last time they came here it was an awesome gig.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

dirge

Post by dirge » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:54 am

RazielSR wrote:No please Mormegil, no more Rocket Ride, that is rock.
Exactly! That was the first Edguy album I bought, it kinda put me off them at the time as I also thought it was a 'Rock' album not a 'Power metal' album. Maybe I might give them one more try one day.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 pm

dirge wrote:
RazielSR wrote:No please Mormegil, no more Rocket Ride, that is rock.
Exactly! That was the first Edguy album I bought, it kinda put me off them at the time as I also thought it was a 'Rock' album not a 'Power metal' album. Maybe I might give them one more try one day.
Well, there are 2 or 3 good songs imo, but it's rock and while I was listening to the album I said: "I'm listening an Edguy album, a powemetal band, so...what's this?¿"

If I wanna listen rock music, then I have a lot of Bon Jovi stuff to chose (4 example) or many other bands, but I don't want to listen rock music if I'm listening a power metal band with amazing albums as Mandrake or Hellfire club.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:20 pm

*lol* Tinnitus Sanctus? Is that a joke? :lol:

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:29 am

I have that symptom and is the worst thing ever.

Everytime I swallow, the "cricket" sound comes up. Sometimes even without swallowing. It's annoying. I can only sleep either facing up or to the right side facing up, 'cuz if not, it begings to 'vibrate'.

And a bunch of other symptoms.

But hey, I'll welcome an Edguy album. :)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:43 am

If it was april 1st, the title definitely would be a joke. But this way... ^^

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:51 pm

stratoplayer wrote:
Babylon wrote:Sweet. Really looking forward to this and I hope they tour this way!
Me too, last time they came here it was an awesome gig.
It was in 2006, right? I wasn't here, so I missed it :cry:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 am

OCTOBER 2ND, 2008
FIRST PRESS REACTIONS OF TINNITUS SANCTUS!

Tobias SammetOn November 14th Edguy will release their new studio album called "Tinnitus Sanctus". Here is what the press says about the new Edguy album:

"Tinnitus Sanctus" blasts your ears! Edguy at its best!"
Martin Stark / ROCK IT! (D)
"Bleeding Ears Deluxe!" Andreas Stappert / ROCK HARD (D)
"Harder and faster than expected, real great songs and versatile vocals, the strongest Edguy album so far!" Tanja Weinekötter / FURY (NL
"More mature, more serious and a bit darker - all in all a pleasant surprise!" Antti Mattila / SOUNDI (FIN)
"Tinnitus Sanctus" - EDGUY`s new answer for your thirst for pure metal rock!" Andrea Vignati / METAL HAMMER (IT)

OCTOBER 2ND, 2008
NEW VIDEOCLIP COMING SOON!

Two weeks ago Edguy have been to Belgrade to shoot a new video clip for their new mid tempo anthem "Ministry Of Saints" taken from their forthcoming album "Tinnitus Sanctus". While you read these lines the clip is being cut and finished and it's gonna be ready to be watched online here in a couple of days, so stay tuned. Here you find some pictures of the video shooting.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 am

Tobias is a genius...I really admire him and I cannot wait for the new album!!!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Well, and e-card from the album.

http://www.nuclearblast.de/splash/edguy ... index.html

Id that does'nt work, try this: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=BtuftbIpbzo

some reviews are saying the album is hard rock. Listening to Ministry od Saints I agree, it's hard rock. We'll see the other songs.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:37 pm

I liked the song although it disappointed me a bit, I think I'll have to get used to it. I do wanna listen to the whole album

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:07 pm

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:50 pm

The video is nice and so are the women! :P
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 am

I liked the song. Looking forward to hearing the whole album!

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Soon it will be in our hands! 8 days left!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Yep, it's nearer and nearer. That album is gonna be great for sure. And I'm very curious about the live bonus cd...

black death

Post by black death » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:24 pm

RazielSR wrote:Ministry of Saints videoclip: http://de.sevenload.com/sendungen/EDGUY ... -Of-Saints
The videoclip sucks :puke:
Anyway, I'm curious about the album itself :)

nepi

Post by nepi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Tobi is genius! everything he does is just golden class!

so I can't wait till next friday....
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:29 pm

What a disappointment. This is not Edguy. This is a new rock band. I have already listened to the whole album and...If they are happy with their new album, it's ok, but I won't buy the new album. I will buy something better instead of wasting my money.
I feel really sad, I was waiting 4 this album anxiously. No more songs like Mysteria, Tears of a Mandrake, Under the moon, The Pharaoh.I will have to wait for the next album. Pfffffffffffff... :x
I am very interested in your opinions once you listen the new album. Maybe I'm the only one who feels like this and it is a work of art. :roll:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:37 pm

I'm extremely dissapointed with this album. This is the completely different direction Sammet was talking over and over again? That is the musical evolution?

This album is a completely copy of tons of Rock albums. They are not evolving, they are changing the musical direction and they are making rock (Edguy was a power metal band) and Sammet wants to be a rockstar. That's all. If you wanna say this is an Edguy musical evolution .... and all of you feel happy about it, then it's ok and if you like it, ok buy it. But don't try to tell me this is an evolution. Evolution of what? It's like thousands of rock albums.

So, if you people feel happy with this new album = OK
If Sammet and the rest of the members are proud of the album = OK

But don't tell me this is an evolution, this is a complete change of style and now it's really bad compared with the old Edguy.

In three words: EDGUY IS DEAD.

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 am

RazielSR wrote:I'm extremely dissapointed with this album. This is the completely different direction Sammet was talking over and over again? That is the musical evolution?

This album is a completely copy of tons of Rock albums. They are not evolving, they are changing the musical direction and they are making rock (Edguy was a power metal band) and Sammet wants to be a rockstar. That's all. If you wanna say this is an Edguy musical evolution .... and all of you feel happy about it, then it's ok and if you like it, ok buy it. But don't try to tell me this is an evolution. Evolution of what? It's like thousands of rock albums.

So, if you people feel happy with this new album = OK
If Sammet and the rest of the members are proud of the album = OK

But don't tell me this is an evolution, this is a complete change of style and now it's really bad compared with the old Edguy.

In three words: EDGUY IS DEAD.

I have to say that I was dissaponted as well. I definatley understand that a band has to experiment and move forward but to me that was done between Theater of Salvation, Mandrake, Hellfire Club, and Rocket Ride. Each album had something new and powerful to offer but it was was still Edguy. I gave this album at least a couple of good listen and nothing stood out as amazing. I mean IMO the songs are very ordinary coming from what I thought was an extraordinary band. This album hails more to generic modern rock with an 80's flair than Edguy. Now granted there are a few good moments on here " Pride of Creation ", "Dragonfly", "929", and "Thorn Without A Rose" are okay tracks , however nothing memorable.Total dissappointment. But I guess that is the state of the genre at this point.
SHINE ON!

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:28 pm

Texidor wrote:But I guess that is the state of the genre at this point.
The problem is that Edguy was a band that used to excel in metal. There is nothing remarkable in this album. Totally monotonous and an excessive use of the choruses.