RIP- Natasha Richardson

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
miditek
RIP- Natasha Richardson

Post by miditek » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:59 am

Fox News just announced that British actress Natasha Richardson has died as a result of injuries suffered from a skiing accident in Canada.

She was a very beautiful and talented woman, with a warm personality and impressive acting resume.

I recall first seeing her in Ken Russell's "Gothic", which became one of my favorite films over time.

My sympathy and prayers go out to the Neeson and Redgrave families. :(
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Stealth

Re: RIP- Natasha Richardson

Post by Stealth » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:24 am

Mmm... At the moment I'm living in Montreal, 125 kms. south of Mont Tremblant, where the accident happened. It's a good thing I don't like skiing. I was planning on going to Mont Tremblant for the first time during the summer. Summer friendly; winter bad.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 am

R.I.P. Natasha Richardson

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm sorry to hear about this. Its always sad when someone so young dies, especially one so talented as Natasha.
My sympathy goes out to her children, husband, sister and mother who I hope find comfort in this time of sorrow.
Such a tragedy.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:13 pm

RIP and condolences to her family and friends. Such a meaningless and tragic death.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:11 pm

The strange thing is, she apparently got up right after the accident and was walking around feeling fine. That's the nature of head injuries though, even if you feel fine have it checked out.

A very sad, and avoidable death.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

MikeKhalilov

Post by MikeKhalilov » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:47 pm

NeonVomit wrote:The strange thing is, she apparently got up right after the accident and was walking around feeling fine. That's the nature of head injuries though, even if you feel fine have it checked out.

Yeah, usually bleeding in the brain is noticed when its already too late...very sad news for me. I am very familiar with her acting works...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:36 pm

MikeKhalilov wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:The strange thing is, she apparently got up right after the accident and was walking around feeling fine. That's the nature of head injuries though, even if you feel fine have it checked out.

Yeah, usually bleeding in the brain is noticed when its already too late...very sad news for me. I am very familiar with her acting works...
I asked a friend of mine who's a doctor and this is what he said:

Subdural hematoma. Her head hit the ground and her brain rattled around inside just enough to burst a blood vessel between it and the skull. Who knows? She might have had an anyuerism there since birth and never knew it. So after impact, this vessel starts bleeding into the space between the skull and brain. Now, she never loses consciousness and probably doesn't feel anything at first. But the mass of free blood (the hematoma) continues to grow. And because the cranium is basically a sealed ovoid box, there is nowhere for the pressure to go. So the brain itself is compressed. That's when the headache starts.

Flash forward anywhere from several hours to a few minutes and she's puking, then unconscious. A little while longer and the pressure in her brain has cut off its blood flow. She's now brain dead.

Yup.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Rest in peace
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:29 am

This is such an extraordinarily sad and terrible event. As a fan of the great talent and person of Liam Neeson for many years, I was overjoyed to see him married to an equally talented and beautiful person. To see their love and fidelity flourish in an environment known to destroy even the most dedicated and well intentioned couples was a joy and inspiration. To have it ended by such a random, tragic accident is totally heart breaking. My prayers go out to all of her friends and family, but especially Liam.

As for the accident itself, I have been an avid, and admittedly a risk-taking skier for many years. It is an exciting, inspirational sport that joins you with nature and lift you outside of yourself - and it can, at times be very dangerous. Since attempting, and failing, to help save a 12-year-old girl who died from a head injury a few years ago, my family and I are all committed to wearing helmets – on any and all slopes at all times. I don’t know if it would have saved her, and I’m not assigning blame, I just hope more people will realize the importance of wearing one. It certainly won’t save your from all injuries or even death, but it can help. I like what one expert ski employee said in commentary following this tragedy, “We tell all our clients to wear a helmet, but ski like you're not.” Words to ski by.

R.I.P. Natasha.
:(
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:39 am

my prayers go out to her family and friends, she will be missed.
metal feeds the beast

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:18 pm

I don't know her but... Rest in Peace!