Upcoming Thunderstone album

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
fernandotcl
Upcoming Thunderstone album

Post by fernandotcl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:40 am

I don't know if you guys listened to this yet:

http://www.myspace.com/thunderstoneband

(check out the new song, "Star")

In my opinion it sucks balls. Big time. No, really, words can't describe my disappointment. Evolution 4.0 was already weird but not bad, but this new track is really unlistenable. It has nothing to do with Thunderstone. There are some good "glimpses", but the whole thing is horrible, way too heavy, that's not how they used to sound like at all.

Heck, they were one of my favorite bands, now they keep saying the album will be much heavier (definitely much heavier, judging by that song), and that they'll no longer do "wimpy" stuff anymore. Yeah, as if changing the band's style wasn't bad enough, they're calling their previous works "wimpy". They even changed the vocals in Evolution 4.0 songs in their MySpace page. Way to go, that's gonna be the letdown of the year.

I hope Pasi Rantanen keeps producing good stuff, I hope he can find a good band to work with (Masterplan? :lol:).

Ragehead91

Re: Upcoming Thunderstone album

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:46 am

No. Not he in Masterplan. He doesn't fit the music at all. He would ruin the Jorn songs.

And about Thunderstone:
I've listened to the old songs with Rick and I have to say I like them Rick is a great singer and I thought the 4.0 Album was good.

I also listend to the new stuff and I like it too. It is heavy but still okay to me. But I'll have to listen to the whole album to decide.

And I also never thought Pasi was too good of a singer...

black death

Post by black death » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm curious about the album, although Pasi's departure didn't make me happy at all :roll:

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:20 am

I am not sure how to react to the new Thunderstone. To me there best album was there debut. Alot of people call generic power metal but it was pretty awesome to me. Especially songs like " Let The Demons Free" and " Worlds Cry". That album holds a special place in my world. I would not call it wimpy. I think that maybe thats why some of the members left - they even stated the were looking to go in more of trash/thrash type of metal. Well I wish all the best I am sure if the songs are good I will check it out.
SHINE ON!

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:53 am

Powermetallists complaining about heaviness is a good sign,
I've got to check this new Thunderstone out when I remember. :P

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:09 am

I have grown to like the song "star"
I also like the 4.0 album I have the Burning yet to buy Debut is ok but the best one so far is Tools of Destruction fast technical and still power.

I have to get a few more songs before I can judge them. I have started listening a lot heavier stuff so that is not a problem.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:18 pm

They just posted an update saying the album release is pushed back to september.