JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:35 pm

TimoTolkki on RR forum wrote: With great pleasure I can announce that Jari Kainulainen is joining me, Tuomo Lassila and Antti Ikonen for "Return to Dreamspace" album that is due out later in this fall.
This means that the line-up is exactly the same than in the original Stratovarius album "Dreamspace" that was released in 1994.
http://www.revolution-renaissance.com/f ... f=11&t=251
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
DayDreamer
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: in my own Dreamspace

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by DayDreamer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:36 pm

The Dreamspace line up?? The same as in 94???
Holy Shit! Thats gonna be awesome!

_Pepe_
Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:53 am
Location: Chile

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by _Pepe_ » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:57 pm

nicee!!!!!!!!
its good to see this line-up again :D

one thing... i think mr tolkki go back to old stuffs because all his new ideas don't work...

good luck with this new proyect...

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by hiro23 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:28 pm

_Pepe_ wrote:nicee!!!!!!!!
its good to see this line-up again :D

one thing... i think mr tolkki go back to old stuffs because all his new ideas don't work...

good luck with this new proyect...
I agree that it's great news Jari is coming back to the fold however I think Tolkki's new direction is fine and I have no problem with it, he had this idea in the works before he even did the new RR album, I mean it's fine if you don't like it however don't assume he's only doing it to cash in on former glory.

That being said I think it's great we are getting the old Dreamspace line up, I have high hopes for this new album.
metal feeds the beast

stormbringer78
Jr. Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by stormbringer78 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:06 pm

This is fucking great.

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:58 pm

_Pepe_ wrote:nicee!!!!!!!!
its good to see this line-up again :D

one thing... i think mr tolkki go back to old stuffs because all his new ideas don't work...

good luck with this new proyect...
+1

User avatar
NightScreamer
Sr. Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:02 am

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by NightScreamer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:41 am

wow.. i'll definitely pick that up, i just hope to odin that they don't try to name themselves Stratovarius...

User avatar
stratoleo
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:49 am
Location: Venezuela

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by stratoleo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:53 am

waoooo very cool!!
Stratovarius is the best band in the world

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4793
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:56 am

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
:o
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:15 am

NightScreamer wrote:wow.. i'll definitely pick that up, i just hope to odin that they don't try to name themselves Stratovarius...
I think now that Tolkki and Strato seem to talk again that won't happen.

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by icecab21 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:22 am

he said they won't have name conflicts.
one thing... i think mr tolkki go back to old stuffs because all his new ideas don't work...
I don't think tolkki bases his life on whether a few people like his songs or not.

a_Sniper
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:20 am

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by a_Sniper » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:35 pm

So we get Two Strato album, one with new and one with classic line up this year.. :D And AoA from RR already.. then even "Jani's Offering" band with TK... This is so amazing year! :D

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by stratodan1990 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:40 pm

this will be an amazing comeback, I love dreamspace, however..i'm very confused. How can tolkki name it as Stratovarius if he waivered all his rights? How does this work? Will it be a new band name? or maybe RR? :?: :?

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:49 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:this will be an amazing comeback, I love dreamspace, however..i'm very confused. How can tolkki name it as Stratovarius if he waivered all his rights? How does this work? Will it be a new band name? or maybe RR? :?: :?
He already said that he won't call the project "Stratovarius". As far as I know he wants the fans to decide the name.

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by TimoTolkki » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:22 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:this will be an amazing comeback, I love dreamspace, however..i'm very confused. How can tolkki name it as Stratovarius if he waivered all his rights? How does this work? Will it be a new band name? or maybe RR? :?: :?
It will not be called "Stratovarius" because that would be wrong towards the current line-up. Stratovarius as a band has always evolved, no matter what people say and Polaris is still evolving that sound. There is a lot of geniusness in the new line up and TK, Jens and Jörg with me worked their asses off for over 10 years for the success of the band so it is as much their name than it is mine. I am very proud of those years together.
Blabbermouth is sometimes writing from a "sensational" angle and "Return to Dreamspace" is not a "closure of Strato". I think Stratovarius is alive and well.
It is just a "get together" album with old friends and making some...you know guys and girls...music.

User avatar
stratohawk
Sr. Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Germany

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by stratohawk » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:24 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: It is just a "get together" album with old friends and making some...you know guys and girls...music.
And that's fucking awesome! 8) I think everyone is looking forward to that as well!

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by stratodan1990 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:42 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
stratodan1990 wrote:this will be an amazing comeback, I love dreamspace, however..i'm very confused. How can tolkki name it as Stratovarius if he waivered all his rights? How does this work? Will it be a new band name? or maybe RR? :?: :?
It will not be called "Stratovarius" because that would be wrong towards the current line-up. Stratovarius as a band has always evolved, no matter what people say and Polaris is still evolving that sound. There is a lot of geniusness in the new line up and TK, Jens and Jörg with me worked their asses off for over 10 years for the success of the band so it is as much their name than it is mine. I am very proud of those years together.
Blabbermouth is sometimes writing from a "sensational" angle and "Return to Dreamspace" is not a "closure of Strato". I think Stratovarius is alive and well.
It is just a "get together" album with old friends and making some...you know guys and girls...music.
I see.. thanks for explaining this :) and no, no album could be a close of Strato, because Strato will live FOREVER :D I look forward to the release

User avatar
NightScreamer
Sr. Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:02 am

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by NightScreamer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:02 pm

They should be called NIGHT SCREAMER, a song from their old albums

User avatar
DayDreamer
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: in my own Dreamspace

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by DayDreamer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:07 pm

NightScreamer wrote:They should be called NIGHT SCREAMER, a song from their old albums
Naah that's an awful name!
Twilight time would be cool!

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by hiro23 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:46 pm

why not just return to Dreamspace with no band name, I think that would be pretty cool
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:50 pm

hiro23 wrote:why not just return to Dreamspace with no band name, I think that would be pretty cool
+1

Burning Reflection
Sr. Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by Burning Reflection » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:21 pm

I agree with TT and it's awesome to see how clear headed and mellow everyone is towards each other these days. In the end these are just people and bands making music and were getting a lot more of it! Viva Stratovarius, RR and the new dreamspace!

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Burning Reflection wrote:I agree with TT and it's awesome to see how clear headed and mellow everyone is towards each other these days. In the end these are just people and bands making music and were getting a lot more of it! Viva Stratovarius, RR and the new dreamspace!
And don't forget Cain's Offering! :o

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by hiro23 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:28 am

as I said before this year is going to kick ass
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by icecab21 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 am

such ear candy coming up
candy cain's offering
candy stratovarius
candy return to dreamspace

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Good to hear that this is working out. But I don't wish good luck... I wish creativity and inspiration. :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by hiro23 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:42 pm

Those are good things to wish for
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by Lurdi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:16 am

icecab21 wrote:he said they won't have name conflicts.
one thing... i think mr tolkki go back to old stuffs because all his new ideas don't work...
I don't think tolkki bases his life on whether a few people like his songs or not.
Of course it's a part of his life. Those who say they don't care whether their music like people or not, of course they are lying, otherwise they would just write and compose music for themselves to listen and play at home withous sharing it with anybody. That is ridiculous.

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:25 am

Lurdi wrote:
icecab21 wrote:he said they won't have name conflicts.
one thing... i think mr tolkki go back to old stuffs because all his new ideas don't work...
I don't think tolkki bases his life on whether a few people like his songs or not.
Of course it's a part of his life. Those who say they don't care whether their music like people or not, of course they are lying, otherwise they would just write and compose music for themselves to listen and play at home withous sharing it with anybody. That is ridiculous.
It is the same thing like with those guys who say thery don't do it for the money. Everyone who says that is a lair. We all have bills to pay.

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: JARI KAINULAINEN in RETURN TO DREAMSPACE

Post by TimoTolkki » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:38 am

Lurdi wrote:
icecab21 wrote:he said they won't have name conflicts.
one thing... i think mr tolkki go back to old stuffs because all his new ideas don't work...
I don't think tolkki bases his life on whether a few people like his songs or not.
Of course it's a part of his life. Those who say they don't care whether their music like people or not, of course they are lying, otherwise they would just write and compose music for themselves to listen and play at home withous sharing it with anybody. That is ridiculous.
Of course I am lying. That's why I wrote albums like "Saana" and "Hymn to Life" or we did "Age of Aquarius" although we could have "planned" a power metal band. Instead of that, the music took its course despite what anyone would say so sorry but at least in my and AoA:s case you are wrong.:)
Also I dont think that Lauri Porra or Timo Kotipelto are sitting at home with calculators and notebooks planning "what kind of music people want to hear". It simply becomes what it becomes.
This is not to take away the fact that its a great honor when a fan buys your cd or concert ticket. But if the artist is planning the music in accordance to what is people's taste then in my opinion this is not good. But that's just what I think.

Locked