Running Wild Split after one last show in Wacken

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Ragehead91
Running Wild Split after one last show in Wacken

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:47 am

Face In The Wind, We're Riding The Storm...
The sensation is perfect. For the 20th anniversary of Wacken Ballroom Hamburg presents the German Metal legend RUNNING WILD for a last mega-show on Europe's largest metal stage – fittingly to the 30th anniversary of the band: Rock'n'Rolf is taking his final leave with a bombastic farewell show on Thursday, July 30th 2009 during the "Night To Remember".

"To all true Running Wild fans:

Now after 30 years of RUNNING WILD I feel it's time to lower the flag and to take down the sails to face new challenges.

That's why we want to celebrate the 30 years' history of the band for a last time at this year's Wacken Open Air on the occasion of its 20th anniversary with a two-hour headlining Best-Of show on Thursday, July 30th with a lot of surprises to bring it to a dignified end.

It's also planned to record a Live-DVD and -CD of that show to make it complete.

Now I can look down with calmness on the last 30 years and I feel proud of what I have reached. At the same time, nothing of that would have been possible without your support during the last decades. That's why I wanna say thanks for all the wonderful moments of that career and I wish you all the best for the future!

Yours
Rock'n'Rolf"
Are you fucking kidding me? I DEMAND another good album after the 2005 shitfest that was "ROGUES EN VOGUE"...

NeverendingAbyss

Re: Running Wild Split after one last show in Wacken

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:18 am

lol wut?
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:44 am

That's confirmed. And you can surely bet on the Reunion date already. ;-)

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 pm

I DEMAND another good album after the 2005 shitfest that was "ROGUES EN VOGUE"..
The last half-decent RW album was The Rivalry from 1998.

Anyway, I predict a reunion tour in about couple of years where they'll play the entire Under Jolly Roger or Death Or Glory ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Shurik wrote:
I DEMAND another good album after the 2005 shitfest that was "ROGUES EN VOGUE"..

Anyway, I predict a reunion tour in about couple of years where they'll play the entire Under Jolly Roger or Death Or Glory ...
I think everything up to the 2000 album was decent. "The Brotherhood" was meh and "ROGUES EN VOGUE" was just bad.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Shurik wrote:

I think everything up to the 2000 album was decent. "The Brotherhood" was meh and "ROGUES EN VOGUE" was just bad.
IMO Victory was already bad enough for me to not even finish it, and I like RW a lot. Same goes to Brotherhood and the last one ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:52 pm

http://www.running-wild.net/html/gallery.html
Pictures from the Wacken gig.
Jan S. Eckert with short hair looks extremly gay. And why the fuck was he wearing sunglasses during the whole gig?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:38 pm

interesting, one guy with makeup and rotten teeth and another with makeup and perfect teeth. the glasses really help the pirate theme. the drummer has the generic mediam haircut that got sammet called bon jovi.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:25 pm

I call him Bon Jovi for a reason XD

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Shurik wrote:

Nothing after Jörg left RW was actually good.. What happened with the production after that`?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Shurik wrote:

Nothing after Jörg left RW was actually good.. What happened with the production after that`?
Angelo Sasso....

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 pm

people were bon jovi way before bon jovi became bon jovi