YouTube Forced New Channels! Help us stop this!!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
HinatAArcticA
YouTube Forced New Channels! Help us stop this!!

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Maybe some of you have heard of this befoere, some might not, but YouTube wants to force users to use a new style of channel that NOBODY LIKES.

Here's how it is...
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cw-NILysH1w&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cw-NILysH1w&hl=es&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Many users don't like this. If so many users don't like it, why can't there be an option to keep the old channels? It's ok if somebody wants to change, but if we want to keep old channels, why not?
To do that, help us spread the next video:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGG5u0xSuAs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGG5u0xSuAs&hl=es&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

There you will find instructions to help.
Well, that would be all... thank you everyone *-*
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Ragehead91

Re: YouTube Forced New Channels! Help us stop this!!

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Oh my god! How many times did we had this? Youtube makes a little change and everyone is like "OH MY GOD! I DON'T LIKE IT! CHANGE IT BACK!" or in more recent time "OH NOES! THIS IS TEH DEATH OF YOUTUBE!". YOU WILL GET USED TO IT! Remember when they changed the design of the Youtube frontpage like a year ago or so? Everyone was complaining and now everybody is used to it. We'll get used to this shit too. I also don't like it but I see nothing bad about it.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 pm

My world.... it's over....
:poke:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:50 am

I'm still a bit suspicious of this word wide web thing.

I wonder how youtube.com looks if you open it in Mosaic? :lol:

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:09 am

JensJohansson wrote:I wonder how youtube.com looks if you open it in Mosaic? :lol:
Well, here is the sorry result. Clearly youtube needs to be boycotted until they support Mosaic:

BTW I just noticed and fixed the "upload pic" misconfiguration thing here.. sorry

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:25 am

lol

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:13 am

JensJohansson wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:I wonder how youtube.com looks if you open it in Mosaic? :lol:
Well, here is the sorry result. Clearly youtube needs to be boycotted until they support Mosaic:
:shock: I'm shocked- shocked, Jens. I thought you were more or less a BSD or Linux type of person! The type that uses BIOS-locked OEM versions of XP or Vista CD's as a coaster for your beer. :lol:
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:46 am

miditek wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:
:shock: I'm shocked- shocked, Jens. I thought you were more or less a BSD or Linux type of person! The type that uses BIOS-locked OEM versions of XP or Vista CD's as a coaster for your beer. :lol:
Yeah.. the issue is a complex mix of legacy files and work flow habits, laziness and general mac-resistance (used to have one) but can probably be summed up in one word: "Nuendo" ..

(also, I don't use beer coasters!! :lol:)

NightScreamer

Post by NightScreamer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:52 am

Hmm, macs are the best