Congrats America

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Stratowarius
Congrats America

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:45 am

:D Congrats. Your president Obama gets the Nobel-peaceprize.. :) :)

stratohawk

Re: Congrats America

Post by stratohawk » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Rightly. A good decision.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:39 pm

Some concrete results first, plz. Then the price. BBC put it well: "Obama gets reward for world view".

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:44 pm

I first thought this thread was about NASA bombing the moon. :lol:

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah, let's nuke the moon! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: For scientific reasons of course, definitly not to install a military base over there to show once again "who's the best!", eh!

But still, congrats to the greatest thing that happenned to this awful and yet so wonderful country since 200 years: congrats Barack!!!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Arkash wrote:Yeah, let's nuke the moon! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: For scientific reasons of course, definitly not to install a military base over there to show once again "who's the best!", eh!
Actually...

"The orbiter will circle the Moon for at least a year searching for potential landing sites for astronauts when they return there in the next decade. It will also look for suitable materials that might support a colony."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... on-2009-06

Showing off or not, I wouldn't mind if ESA or CNSA would try pulling off something like this every now and then. I don't care if it's Americans, Europeans, Chinese or Russians, I want to see a man on Mars before I die dangit! :P

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Yeah I agree with you, I want to see someone on Mars before I die!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Mormegil wrote:I first thought this thread was about NASA bombing the moon. :lol:
Hey if the Americans can't win against the terrorist they got to bomb something virgin to feel themselves proud. :lol:
The moon... the reason why there are so many werewolves. Fuck you moon! :x
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:31 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:The moon... the reason why there are so many werewolves. Fuck you moon! :x
Jjajajajajja, that was freaking hilarious :lol:
Congrats to Obama and all the American pals :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:19 pm

This is the dumbest thing the Nobel Peace Prize people did since giving it to El-Baradei. And the arch-terrorist Yasser Arafat before that. Obama got it for talking and intentions, and since no one that matters is listening to him, this is worthless. At least he has a decency to say that he doesn't deserve it.

Nobel Peace Prize is a joke.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

GuiHunter

Post by GuiHunter » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 pm

And the Nobel Fight Prize goes to : Tolkki and Kotipelto !!!!!!!!!!!
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
- I talked with GOD and He said that I am the best in this band...
Kotipelto:
- I don't remember I said that...
( Fear No Beer !!! )

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:22 am

As much as I like Obama as a Prez, this award did come as a surprise. After all, the same wars that went on during GW Bushs terms are still happening. ???
Obama does want to rid the world of nukes, but ideally, dont we all? Or at least alot of us! :D
Congrats to him anyway.
How much money does he get?

Another peace prize, or should I say, Prize Piece? ;)

http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2008/09/palin.jpg

Prez in 2012? ;)

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:38 pm

:) Congrats again America. The two prizes in economy went to America.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:23 pm

A bit... premature, maybe?

Anyway, GWB was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize so it's not like it has much value in any case.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Balaak

Post by Balaak » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Stratowarius wrote::) Congrats again America. The two prizes in economy went to America.
For what? I don't keep up with my own country's news. Biggest fail since the depression? Destroying perfectly good cars for no apparent reason? Printing more money to keep people happy? :lol:

miditek

Post by miditek » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:47 pm

stratohawk wrote:Rightly. A good decision.
While he's fighting two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and with the potential for theaters that could also open up in Pakistan (Obama said that he would authorize strikes against Al-Qaeda and Taliban insurgents there, and this has already happened), in addition to Iran?

Let's see, the Nobel Committee has also given this prize to:

- Al Gore. How does his green propaganda make the world a more peaceful place?

- Jimmy "Dhimmi" Carter, who gives aid and sympathy to Palestinian terrorists?

- Yasser Arafat, who was an Palestinian terrorist that ordered the deaths of many innocent civilians, including the Israeli athletes at Munich?

- Obama pals around with other thugs, such as the Castro Brothers, Chavez, Ghadaffi, and Uncle Vladi- all of whom have sang his praises, but don't think for a minute that gang has anything to do with human rights or peace.

Don't take my word for it- just emigrate to Cuba, Venezuela, Libya, or Russia, and I think you might rethink your opinion.

Maybe Obama can have a Kool-Aid summit at the White House to congratulate himself and his worshippers.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:42 pm

miditek wrote:
While he's fighting two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and with the potential for theaters that could also open up in Pakistan (Obama said that he would authorize strikes against Al-Qaeda and Taliban insurgents there, and this has already happened), in addition to Iran?
Right, because he started both wars didn't he!
Let's see, the Nobel Committee has also given this prize to:

- Al Gore. How does his green propaganda make the world a more peaceful place?
Yeah, let's burn everything! Because the environment doesn't really matter.
- Yasser Arafat, who was an Palestinian terrorist that ordered the deaths of many innocent civilians, including the Israeli athletes at Munich?
I didn't get this one either. Made as little sense as even nominating GW Bush despite starting the two aforementioned wars.
- Obama pals around with other thugs, such as the Castro Brothers, Chavez, Ghadaffi, and Uncle Vladi- all of whom have sang his praises, but don't think for a minute that gang has anything to do with human rights or peace.

Yup, bombing them to oblivion is the right way to go about it.
Maybe Obama can have a Kool-Aid summit at the White House to congratulate himself and his worshippers.
Why do you hate black people?
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Pro tip- the most effective way to a world with no wars isn't to kill anyone until you are the only ideology remaining on earth, it's finding common ground between bitter enemies and finding ways to coexist.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:11 am

Rebel wrote:Pro tip- the most effective way to a world with no wars isn't to kill anyone until you are the only ideology remaining on earth, it's finding common ground between bitter enemies and finding ways to coexist.
That's all good and proper in ideal world were everyone smiles and laughs, rainbows are everywhere and the only emotion is love. It doesn't work in real world were people can hate other people just because they were born of the wrong nationality or religion. There are people you can't find a common ground with, unless you consider a complete surrender to them as a way to coexist and that's not an option.

Europeans tried to find a way to coexist with a complete monster in late 1930s. We all know how well it turned out.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Shurik wrote:
Rebel wrote:Pro tip- the most effective way to a world with no wars isn't to kill anyone until you are the only ideology remaining on earth, it's finding common ground between bitter enemies and finding ways to coexist.
That's all good and proper in ideal world were everyone smiles and laughs, rainbows are everywhere and the only emotion is love. It doesn't work in real world were people can hate other people just because they were born of the wrong nationality or religion. There are people you can't find a common ground with, unless you consider a complete surrender to them as a way to coexist and that's not an option.

Europeans tried to find a way to coexist with a complete monster in late 1930s. We all know how well it turned out.
And monsters, at least in thought, still exist. You should read some of the anti Jew, black, Asian, etc. Blogs on the Internet especially the anonymous comments. It will make you sick to think such hate filled people live in this world. If these people are serious in their thinking its a very scarey thought!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Shurik wrote:

It is war that creates these monsters, not their nature.
In Hitler's case, World War I was responsible.
Where do we draw the line between "Opponent", and "Monster"?

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Shurik wrote:

Actually human aggression is based on character and the social conditions present at the time. Nationalism and wars started by religion were created through false pretense and group narcissism. Hitler actually attempted to become an architect and move out of Germany after many failed attempts. If Hitler were more skilled and the social conditions promoted his less malignant social tendencies, he may have actually held a subordinate or managerial position at a mediocre job, but the social conditions and his multiple failures led him to live out his sadistic dreams. You are right that there are many Hitlers that exist among us, not putting you down or anything, but faith is as rational as despair. When we see the same character and or conditions that support aggression and destructiveness, they could be very well averted by fulfilling man's existential need for effectiveness and excitation through love or other means.

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:57 am

Uncle Vladi issues warning on intimidating Iran

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews ... 0620091014

Hitlery chides Uncle Vladi on "human rights"

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-10-14-voa7.cfm

http://www.speroforum.com/site/article. ... To+Clinton

Comrade Cousin Medvedev prepares retort, "Who is this old hag harping on about human rights while in the capital of Tartarstan? Over here, we keep our Muslims in line- and on a short fucking leash!"

But at least Obongo got his Peace Prize, and one must admire how deftly he deals with Col. Putin, Ghadffi, Ahmadaboutjihad, and 'Lil Kim all at the same time! :D

As an added thought, that $1.4 million in 'mo prize money will 'sho buy a whole bunch of crack rocks 'fo his posse an' his extended fambly!

"Did somebody say 'crack'?"
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:10 pm

$1.4 million?

What charity will get that?

To big shots thats not much money, it would flow through a blue blooded persons fingers like water. To poorer folk it could mean the difference in life or death. Lets hope he puts the money to good use, like putting lower income kids(whites, too) through college, or maybe start a clinic to help truly needy get medical care.

BTW, PACT is said to be broke and in need of a Billion dollars. Maybe he could donate his prize to that end.

I dont see where all this money is going. The figures stagger me. Somebody is a rotten accountant in the government, and it must be alot of somebodies! :lol:

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:07 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I dont see where all this money is going. The figures stagger me. Somebody is a rotten accountant in the government, and it must be alot of somebodies! :lol:
The GAO (U.S. Government's General Accounting Office) and Congress (no introduction needed) and that Militant Kenyan Muslim currently occupying the White House-

wait! Stop! Disclaimer is now required by the Ministry of Propaganda for the remark about the "White" House-

--and with that out of the way (as required by U.S. Code 666.6), back to our regularly scheduled semi-free commentary

have absolutely no concept of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)! :?
Κύριε ἐλέησον

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:54 pm

There is no Kenyon Muslim in the white house; we have an American Christian, but not a Kenyan Muslim.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:02 pm

He's from Tennessee. Cut him some slack.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Rebel wrote:
Shurik wrote:

It is war that creates these monsters, not their nature.
In Hitler's case, World War I was responsible.
Where do we draw the line between "Opponent", and "Monster"?
And who was responsible for WWI? Wars don't start themselves out of the blue, you know ...

The situation WWI allies put Germany after the war created an environment where nationalism usually thrives. Hitler just used the situation to gain power and the League Of Nations, the organization that was as useless as UN now, didn't do squat to stop him from rearming Germany, instituting racist laws and attacking his neighbors. So, the major powers of that age are responsible more than WWI.

You know, if Hitler would wait for a few months with an attack on Poland, he, Chamberlain and Stalin would probably get a Nobel Peace Prize for Munich agreements.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:57 pm

icecab21 wrote:There is no Kenyon Muslim in the white house; we have an American Christian, but not a Kenyan Muslim.
His father was a Muslim- and if he had tried to convert there would have been another honor killing to contend with. Moreover, he attended Madrassa while growing up in Indonesia. The imams started programming him while he was still in grade school :D
Carcass wrote:He's from Tennessee. Cut him some slack.
Sweet talk will get you nowhere on this thread. ;)

Rebel and Shurik:

The western Allies were far too timid to contain Hitler before it was too late. The post WWI conditions may have created a situation where Hitler came to power, but at that time, Germany had very little military power.

The French could have easily reoccupied Germany after conscription was reintroduced in 1935- a clear warning of things to come, and there was another no risk opportunity in 1936 when Hitler sent three battalions into the Rhineland while over 70+ Flinch divisions hid like cowards behind the Maginot line.

Even during Hitler's feeding frenzy against Austria and Czechoslovakia in 1938 there was still time to contain Hitler without a major war, and in 1939 Hitler still could have been defeated much more easily when the Germans had the bulk of their forces tied up in Poland. The flinch had nearly 100 divisions by then, and could have paraded straight into the Ruhr vitually unopposed.

All of these events are an important lesson in history, and now more than ever is not the time for the West to be acting like a bunch of whining schoolgirls when it comes to the issue of dealing with the threat of a nuclear armed Iran.

They can still be contained without too much loss of life, but once they get a nuclear arsenal of any size, then the only option left will be to destroy them utterly- and both Israel as well as America certainly have that capability.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Let's just dispel two myths.
1. He was born in Hawai'i, this is a fact, there were witnesses to his birth, including his grandmother, who corrected herself after an absurd trap question
(Were you present when your grandchild Barack was born in Kenya?, Yes, Yes, I was, *pause*, in America, he was born in America, Hawai'i)
(The interview was done with translators)

2. He is a born again Christian, his stepfather was a radical muslim, but he converted to Christianity.

Thank you.