Should this Forum be overhauled and moderated?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Should this forum be overhauld and moderated?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 102

RazielSR
Re: Should this Forum be overhauled and moderated?

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:59 am

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Rebel wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
icecab21 wrote:So block anyone named "aaron" or "aardvark"?
Thats what I'm saying there are a billion of A's and such.
It will be a hell to go through all those annoying trolls they have and if people decide to block them why wouldn't they make a dozen more?
Because... not everyone would block them, and they wouldn't know when they were blocked?
I asked Jens about the A-issue after the Cleveland Concert, and he said something to the extent of "It's not just one person, it's actually a bunch of people controlling their own accounts".

Your logic better applies to banning them, because if you ban them, they come back with new accounts. If you ignore them, they're free to post their thoughts for anyone who cares to read.
TOLKKI SUCKS! TOLKKI IS FAT! PENIS! PENIS PENIS! Phallus! Phallus! :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell:

Yes, very interessting thoughts indeed :roll:

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:56 pm

gnurt_gp wrote: I think it's not about banning, just delete the posts which are considered spams. I have never seen any forum that accepts this kind of post with tons of emoticons and crazy motion pictures like this. Also the avatars, microphallus or penis or whatever. If I use any social network and use that kind of avatar, I will have this avatar removed as soon as someone reports it. I know this is a metal forum, but IMO it's annoying.
The point I would like to express here is, I don't see this happen in any healthy forum. And I think there must be something wrong here. wtf about Timo Tolkki? do the fans care about Timo Tolkki and all the freaking things, or they care about music? It is Stratovarius official forum and what we see here is a bunch of Tolkki bashing. I know that Tollki has done many bad things to Stratovarius, and he is not healthy. But IMO, Jens, if you approve this place to be Tolkki bashing place, I'm sorry but I don't think you are healthy, either. Musicians supposed to play song with feelings, not like the machine. So, if you are happy to see Tolkki bashed, what is your feelings when you play his songs in gigs? I'm not backing Tolkki. I'm just very very sad to see the band that has such amazing songs which I can't see anywhere else, to be in such bad condition. It's impossible to explain. Very sad
You raise very valid concerns but in my opinion it's still better if there is as little moderation from above, as possible.

This place is also a little stranger than you imagine, for instance consider the situation where TT creates an account here and bashes himself (and yes, it has happened)

Much of the "bashing" of TT is due to choices he himself made (or is making). I think he would in some strange way rather be bashed than forgotten, if those were the only alternatives.

If you do decide to stay and participate, you have to remember that the individual people here are responsible for what they post, not the band.

Suomirock63

Post by Suomirock63 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:00 pm

Much of the "bashing" of TT is due to choices he himself made (or is making). I think he would in some strange way rather be bashed than forgotten, if those were the only alternatives.
Only my 2 cents. I don't think it's a good argument to use regarding an Official Internet Forum of a famous band.
I mean that there are people in this forum who are clearly annoyed, based on the votes, about all this AAA nonsense or posting slandering pics without moderating them.
If you do decide to stay and participate, you have to remember that the individual people here are responsible for what they post, not the band.
I think Jens, you wrote the rules for this board:

"You have to be severely out of line here to get your posts deleted or get banned. Basically it's a short list: illegal acts, slander, behavior that is extremely annoying to the other posters here (spamming, flooding, whatnot)"

I think it is very strange to write that the band is not responsible of the content of its Official Forum.
I have never seen this anywhere else and I really think you might want to reconsider that because I think the fans see it in a bit different way.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:22 pm

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:56 pm

The AFamily does tend to use too many smilies. And, I like smilies! :D
Too many at once crashes my equipment. So, moderation in smiley use, please?

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Suomirock63 wrote:
Only my 2 cents. I don't think it's a good argument to use regarding an Official Internet Forum of a famous band.
I mean that there are people in this forum who are clearly annoyed, based on the votes, about all this AAA nonsense or posting slandering pics without moderating them.
I think Jens, you wrote the rules for this board:

"You have to be severely out of line here to get your posts deleted or get banned. Basically it's a short list: illegal acts, slander, behavior that is extremely annoying to the other posters here (spamming, flooding, whatnot)"

I think it is very strange to write that the band is not responsible of the content of its Official Forum.
I have never seen this anywhere else and I really think you might want to reconsider that because I think the fans see it in a bit different way.
This is the official FAN forum, the band members post here occasionally, and they're responsible for their own posts, and the band is responsible for everything they post on their website, but in no way should Timo Kotipelto or anyone else in the band be held responsible for YOUR actions.

And the "Extreme flooding", I believe, is in reference to something like where A24 filled the entire first page with the same thread.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAAA » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
icecab21 wrote:So block anyone named "aaron" or "aardvark"?
Thats what I'm saying there are a billion of A's and such.
It will be a hell to go through all those annoying trolls they have and if people decide to block them why wouldn't they make a dozen more?
Because... not everyone would block them, and they wouldn't know when they were blocked?
I asked Jens about the A-issue after the Cleveland Concert, and he said something to the extent of "It's not just one person, it's actually a bunch of people controlling their own accounts".

Your logic better applies to banning them, because if you ban them, they come back with new accounts. If you ignore them, they're free to post their thoughts for anyone who cares to read.
TOLKKI SUCKS! TOLKKI IS FAT! PENIS! PENIS PENIS! Phallus! Phallus! :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :sex1: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell:

Yes, very interessting thoughts indeed :roll:

Wharharharharhar you're doing it wrong! Is all your brainblood in your microphallus??? or did Tolkki's phallus just poke your brain? Maybe he ate all your good jokes? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: Onkel Jeremiah has a wonderous cure for that on his ranch (the phalluspokebrain), funny story really how he got it... But I'm pretty sure it involved a whole lot of bearshit and a lemur named Shamrock (The story of how he got it, that is, goodness the cure is nothing so nasty!) Onkel said I'm not allowed to share the recipe, but if you want to fly down to Phallustine, the AFamily has a private jet shaped like a phallus, you can take icetray along with you, I think he has the same plague. :?: :?: :idea: :roll: :wink: :rvd: :rvd: :rvd: :rvd:

Anyways, I'm feeling awfully lonely here on Stratoforum without the family I'm debating if I'll just leave or step up the spamming to match the level of my fallen brothers and sisters :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :repuke: :user: :user: :user: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :rotflmao2: :rotflmao1: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :buk: :buk: :facial: :facial: :buk: :buk: :facial: :facial: :buk: :buk: :facial: :facial: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :omg: :omg: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff:

(That's a special order, just for you pinhead) :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :elk: :elk: :elk: :elk: :luv2: :luv2: :luv2: :luvstory: :luvstory: :leapfrog: :leapfrog: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :owned2: :toilet: :toilet: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Asshole!^^^^^ :x

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:40 pm

This is ridiculous! How world have so many so many idiots! I cant stand this! :x :x

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Tough question.

I like the insane form of the forum, and the crazy stuff that goes on here... the place really has character and amongst the insanity we get some pretty intense and thought-provoking discussions going on. The AAAAAAAA collective is a strange one... I find it a fascinating social experiment, really.

Some more regulation would be good I suppose.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:54 pm

No Yeah thread...

NO SALVATION!

Careful of what you wish for
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Suomirock63

Post by Suomirock63 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:13 pm

This is the official FAN forum, the band members post here occasionally, and they're responsible for their own posts, and the band is responsible for everything they post on their website, but in no way should Timo Kotipelto or anyone else in the band be held responsible for YOUR actions.
Really? So if this is not Official Stratovarius Forum, then of course it's a different matter, but the access to this forum is from the Offical Homepage of Stratovarius and to me this looks very much like Official Forum.
In that case the band/owner of the Forum is responsible for the content actually. You don't think for example that Nightwish would not moderate their Official Forum in bit different way? Allow "penises" and "microphalluses" in their forum. To me this looks more like childrens playground sometimes:)

But if this is not Official Stratovarius Forum, then of course the band is not responsible for the content.
But I would think that since the members seem to post here, they would at least care about if over half of the people in this vote would like an overhaul of the Forum. Just my 2 cents.

Post by Avatar Thief » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

I really don't care if this forum is moderated or not AS LONG AS I GET MYSELF SOME AVATARS! :x :x :x

But if some secular missionary comes in telling what people should believe in, then I'll be annoyed. :roll:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Suomirock63 wrote:
Really? So if this is not Official Stratovarius Forum, then of course it's a different matter, but the access to this forum is from the Offical Homepage of Stratovarius and to me this looks very much like Official Forum.
In that case the band/owner of the Forum is responsible for the content actually. You don't think for example that Nightwish would not moderate their Official Forum in bit different way? Allow "penises" and "microphalluses" in their forum. To me this looks more like childrens playground sometimes:)

But if this is not Official Stratovarius Forum, then of course the band is not responsible for the content.
But I would think that since the members seem to post here, they would at least care about if over half of the people in this vote would like an overhaul of the Forum. Just my 2 cents.
You are (I presume) a mentally capable adult who can make your own choices, you are a fan of stratovarius, but not a representative of stratovarius. Jens is not your mother, and is not responsible for your choices in what you post. You make your decisions, we make ours, they make theirs, and the world keeps turning. Get over it.

Florian

Post by Florian » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:08 pm

I voted yes. All these guys who are spamming and trolling are really annoying. There is nothing wrong with fun and more, but this is not funny at all.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Suomirock63 wrote:You don't think for example that Nightwish would not moderate their Official Forum in bit different way? Allow "penises" and "microphalluses" in their forum.
That is precisely the reason why I left Nightwish forum after about two weeks of posting there.

I'd much rather have a free forum where you can fucking swear and have stuff like Yeah-thread and microphalluses, than one of those neutered police-forums that every other power metal -band seems to have. :)

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:11 pm

jj_large_img
Mormegil wrote:
Suomirock63 wrote:You don't think for example that Nightwish would not moderate their Official Forum in bit different way? Allow "penises" and "microphalluses" in their forum.
That is precisely the reason why I left Nightwish forum after about two weeks of posting there.

I'd much rather have a free forum where you can fucking swear and have stuff like Yeah-thread and microphalluses, than one of those neutered police-forums that every other power metal -band seems to have. :)
There's two diametrically opposite opinions for you, right there..

I was thiuking to put those features in the code for this place today but TK dragged me out onto some mountain here in Santiago instead for some fresh air ... I win today, you guys lose today, sorry, maybe I write the code tomorrow, maybe not :lol:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:13 pm

GET IN FRONT OF THE PC AND CODE IT NAO! WE DEMAND IT FROM YOU! YOU'RE OUR SLAVE! YOU DO WHAT WHE SAY!

No, just joking, take your time.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 pm

Just give us the option to block peoples posts, that gives even more freedom to people. The friends and foes list thing is a good concept.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:GET IN FRONT OF THE PC AND CODE IT NAO! WE DEMAND IT FROM YOU! YOU'RE OUR SLAVE! YOU DO WHAT WHE SAY!

No, just joking, take your time.
:)

lobby call for the van to the gig in 5 minutes, sorry

Oceansoul324

Post by Oceansoul324 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 pm

icecab21 wrote:Just give us the option to block peoples posts, that gives even more freedom to people. The friends and foes list thing is a good concept.
+1 on this. Only problem is that he can create a new account and start up with that again (unless we can find a way to block people as well and not just block from post to post).

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 am

Oceansoul324 wrote:
icecab21 wrote:Just give us the option to block peoples posts, that gives even more freedom to people. The friends and foes list thing is a good concept.
+1 on this. Only problem is that he can create a new account and start up with that again (unless we can find a way to block people as well and not just block from post to post).
A9 and A10, the two massive spammers both stopped posting after they said they would, (Disappointing), and yet Ragehead still has his panties in a bunch. Hilarious. :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:09 am

It takes less time to block than to create a account. There are no perfect solutions to problems in a free forum. Every choice has it's pros and cons

A crazed Old Man

Post by A crazed Old Man » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:55 am

Now, it seems to me that these... "A-Folk" need nothing less than a good boot up their ass. I served in 'Nam and let me tell you that such backtalk would have never been tolerated, and if you crashed the officer's computer, well, you'd be lucky if he didn't empty the latrines and shove all your shit right back up your rectum.

Now, I know there's all this bullshit about not having a draft over here in the U S of A, and maybe whatever country he's from doesn't have any good wars to fight, but that's no reason to let these poor children suffer from the ills of lackadaisical forum posting!

God Dammit I think Cantaloupe is burning in the oven...

Affirmative, the cantaloupe is burnt.

Well, there goes dinner, but back to my story. I'm glad I lost my left leg in Nam! God Dammit I fought a million wars just to stay out! I even joined an acting troupe, and traveled the country draft dodging for 7 months, but I was a terrible actor, in fact, there's a story I'd like to tell you about my time in the acting troupe.

Now this was no regular acting troupe, but a bona fide ACTING TROUPE. And hot dayum could those guys act, but as I said, I wasn't too good. Now, let me tell you there was a fellow in this troupe, name by the goes "Jimothy", now Jimothy hated being called "Jim", or "Jimmy", or anything but "Jimothy" really, although I once heard he didn't mind "Bartholomew", but he always was a queer fellow. But the one I really wondered about goed by the name "Samuel", now Samuel, I think we all really wondered about, some of us thought he was a real queer, now one night, I woke up and saw what I thought was Samuel groping another man (Not Jimothy, because Jimothy's had an upper bunk, so access was a touch difficult) but this fellow, and for the life of me I could never remember his name, had the unfortunate fate of a lower bunk, and when I say unfortunate I mean unfortunate,and with what he got, it would have been better if Samuel had been sticking his fat throbbing dick all the way up his ass, because it wasn't Samuel over the bed, but a group of draft enforcers. Needless to say pretty soon after I stirred, so did he, and he panicked, the draft enforcer feller tried to hold him down, but he'd have a none of that, so he started running, and when they figured he was too far to catch, they gunned him down, now I kept my mouth shut and they didn't recognize me, but a few months later I ran into a couple of them going to the toilet at a show, and I guess they were a looking for me because they bound and gagged me and shipped me off to boot camp.

Now, boot camp was a changing experience for me, because you see, I was a lazy FOOL who couldn't act worth shit, and I may not have learned to fight in boot camp, but I sure as hell learned to act. By the time it was time for me to ship out the war was, pretty much over, the commienazis kicked our sorry ass and I was sent over on a plane to get what was left of our troops out.

Now on this plane I was checking off names, and I saw a man by the name of "Jimothy", I took one look at the fellar and realized it wasn't the Jimothy I knew, so I just kept on checkin' names.

Two guys by the name of Jimothy in one lifetime, queer world we live in.

Now... when I got back to the states, and I started an acting career, now I did that for a few years, made some funds, and then got myself promoted to a bag boy at the local grocery store, fancy that!

Now, if you've been paying attention, then you clearly should realize that at this point, the only solution for the "A folk" is to have them defenestrated. For all you youngins that don't know what that word means, suck my testicles, both of them. Clearly this will inspire them with the work ethic to get a real job and become a contributing member of society like I did.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:26 am

How will throwing someone out a window inspire them to pick up work ethic?

A crazed Old Man

Post by A crazed Old Man » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:40 am

icecab21 wrote:How will throwing someone out a window inspire them to pick up work ethic?
God Dammit boy don't question me boy! Do you know what happened to the last youngin who questioned me?
Well it's quite a tale, but it really wouldn't make sense unless I told you how I ended up in a Latvian Hospital, and I guess that dates back to a fight between the missus and I in June of 1984, now, my wife, beautiful gal, married her when I got back from Nam, don't really remember the wedding too well, I was on an odd mix of drugs but the doctors tell me I'll remember it better if I take those drugs again. But then the bastard told me I wouldn't remember it again after I was off the stuff, so I think its all a sham to get me to buy more drugs, but that's what you get with those black doctors. I stopped going to that doctor briefly after that appointment. Next Doctor told me that for the purposes of plausible deniability, I really shouldn't tell him any of the drugs I took, but I think he was a pedorast.
Moral of the story is doctors don't have a damned clue what they're doing.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:02 am

from
Do you know what happened to the last youngin who questioned me?
to
I ended up in a Latvian Hospital
to
ok...

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:02 am

icecab21 wrote:from
Do you know what happened to the last youngin who questioned me?
to
I ended up in a Latvian Hospital
to
ok...
:roll: :heil:

I'm not entirely sure this poster is trying to make sense, but way to hold their feet to the fire Icecab!

Post by Avatar Thief » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:03 pm

A crazed Old Man wrote:
icecab21 wrote:How will throwing someone out a window inspire them to pick up work ethic?
God Dammit boy don't question me boy! Do you know what happened to the last youngin who questioned me?
Well it's quite a tale, but it really wouldn't make sense unless I told you how I ended up in a Latvian Hospital, and I guess that dates back to a fight between the missus and I in June of 1984, now, my wife, beautiful gal, married her when I got back from Nam, don't really remember the wedding too well, I was on an odd mix of drugs but the doctors tell me I'll remember it better if I take those drugs again. But then the bastard told me I wouldn't remember it again after I was off the stuff, so I think its all a sham to get me to buy more drugs, but that's what you get with those black doctors. I stopped going to that doctor briefly after that appointment. Next Doctor told me that for the purposes of plausible deniability, I really shouldn't tell him any of the drugs I took, but I think he was a pedorast.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was A10's new nick :lol: :D
:poke: