Should this Forum be overhauled and moderated?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Should this forum be overhauld and moderated?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 102

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!
Re: Should this Forum be overhauled and moderated?

Post by Intiaani » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Avatar Thief wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if this was A10's new nick :lol: :D
:poke:
Exactly my first thoughts.

Anyway, nothing against them, I don't read that many of their posts, and if I do, I don't get all pissed off. Why should I?
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

shg

Post by shg » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:32 pm

JensJohansson wrote: Image
Jens, you actually look just like dragged in this picture ... Smile! :)

Nice picture!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:35 pm

I know what Jens thinks in this pic:
"Clean Air, flowers, trees and the sun...Damnit I can't survive here! I can't take this much longer! BRING ME BACK TO MY PC! PLEASE! THIS IS KILLING ME!" :lol: :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Big city! :eek: Where is that? A very cool landscape, it looks nice!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Intiaani wrote:

Anyway, nothing against them, I don't read that many of their posts, and if I do, I don't get all pissed off. Why should I?
Right.
As annoying as the AFamily is I can tolerate them better than some other Forum behaviors.
For example, in the old, old Tolkki forum there were these fanGIRLS(about 4 of them)who were so sweet in other Stratoforums, but in Tolkkis forum they became total bitches with their smartass controlling behavior to some forum members, and overprotective behavior(to Tolkki. After all, they were his pets. ;) ). One of these zealots actually tried to blackmail a person, trying to force them to post the way she wanted the person to post!(She told a person if they did not comply she would post something VERY personal about the other person :oops: ) :lol: It makes me Mist-y eyed and Blue just thinking about that. :D
Remembering that bullshit I find it very funny from many angles. :lol:
Knowing what I know now, I would tell that blackmailer idiot, "if you are so damn upset to the point of blackmail over someones posts on a little internet forum, you go ahead and do what you feel you have to do, sicko! And while you are at it, get a life!" :lol:

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Indeed that looks nice! I would like to be there on holiday :)

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:27 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Big city! :eek: Where is that? A very cool landscape, it looks nice!
You have the answer right in the previous page, when Jens uploaded the pic.

Oceansoul324

Post by Oceansoul324 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:28 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Intiaani wrote:

Right.
As annoying as the AFamily is I can tolerate them better than some other Forum behaviors.
For example, in the old, old Tolkki forum there were these fanGIRLS(about 4 of them)who were so sweet in other Stratoforums, but in Tolkkis forum they became total bitches with their smartass controlling behavior to some forum members, and overprotective behavior(to Tolkki. After all,em to post the way she wanted the person to post!(Sh they were his pets. ;) ). One of these zealots actually tried to blackmail a person, trying to force the told a person if they did not comply she would post something VERY personal about the other person :oops: ) :lol: It makes me Mist-y eyed and Blue just thinking about that. :D
Knowing what I know now, I would tell that blackmailer idiot, "if you are so damn upset to the point of blackmail over someones posts on a little internet forum, you go ahead and do what you feel you have to do, sicko! And while you are at it, get a life!" :lol:
What the heck? Why would you blackmail someone over an INTERNET POST about a band? They almost sound like groupies to me. How old was this though?

And this is why girls who like metal (like me) get a bad rep. :roll:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Oceansoul324 wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Intiaani wrote:

Right.
For example, in the old, old Tolkki forum there were these fanGIRLS(about 4 of them)who were so sweet in other Stratoforums, but in Tolkkis forum they became total bitches with their smartass controlling behavior to some forum members, and overprotective behavior(to Tolkki. After all,em to post the way she wanted the person to post!(Sh they were his pets. ;) ). One of these zealots actually tried to blackmail a person, trying to force the told a person if they did not comply she would post something VERY personal about the other person :oops: ) :lol: It makes me Mist-y eyed and Blue just thinking about that. :D
What the heck? Why would you blackmail someone over an INTERNET POST about a band? They almost sound like groupies to me. How old was this though?

Well, it was in 2002 and I was a total forum newbie who took people too seriously. And, when I was threatened like that, by a girl who knew the band (especially Tolkki)in real life, I was pretty stunned! :D These days I would tell such a person just to fuckoff and grow up! :)

Oceansoul324

Post by Oceansoul324 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:56 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Oceansoul324 wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Intiaani wrote:

Right.

Well, it was in 2002 and I was a total forum newbie who took people too seriously. And, when I was threatened like that, by a girl who knew the band (especially Tolkki)in real life, I was pretty stunned! :D These days I would tell such a person just to fuckoff and grow up! :)
Seems like the best thing to do ;).

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:11 am

I voted for no because everyone has the right to say what he/she wants.
That being the case, I want to credit this dog who made it all possible-
8)
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:03 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:I voted for no because everyone has the right to say what he/she wants.
Although freedom of speech and thoughts are great things, to a certain degree, it doesn't work in the internet forums. Some people are opportunists. They use the fact they can act anonymously to their advantage in a way they would never do it in public. Much like, well, we(?) download music from the internet because it's possible and we don't get caught of it. We rob a shop if it was possible because of a natural disaster for example, etc. Some just do that. Opportunism. So the UNLIMITED freedom can't be good...? A herd is always as stupid as its stupidest sheep. Or something like that anyway. :roll:
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Mormegil wrote:
Suomirock63 wrote:You don't think for example that Nightwish would not moderate their Official Forum in bit different way? Allow "penises" and "microphalluses" in their forum.
That is precisely the reason why I left Nightwish forum after about two weeks of posting there.

I'd much rather have a free forum where you can fucking swear and have stuff like Yeah-thread and microphalluses, than one of those neutered police-forums that every other power metal -band seems to have. :)
Totally agree about the nazi police at other forums like the Sonata forum. If you knew or saw how nerdy most of these moderator fan boys were behind the nick on a forum, you'd know why they are a bunch of cock sucking ball jugglers...and in that sense we have a really cool, understanding, non-fan boy moderator that is metal and enjoys a good laugh like we do. As much as I dislike the As, I do appreciate the laid back atmosphere and the privilege of talking to one of my favorite musicians! :headbang:

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:39 am

Burning Reflection wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Suomirock63 wrote:You don't think for example that Nightwish would not moderate their Official Forum in bit different way? Allow "penises" and "microphalluses" in their forum.
That is precisely the reason why I left Nightwish forum after about two weeks of posting there.

I'd much rather have a free forum where you can fucking swear and have stuff like Yeah-thread and microphalluses, than one of those neutered police-forums that every other power metal -band seems to have. :)
Totally agree about the nazi police at other forums like the Sonata forum. If you knew or saw how nerdy most of these moderator fan boys were behind the nick on a forum, you'd know why they are a bunch of cock sucking ball jugglers...and in that sense we have a really cool, understanding, non-fan boy moderator that is metal and enjoys a good laugh like we do. As much as I dislike the As, I do appreciate the laid back atmosphere and the privilege of talking to one of my favorite musicians! :headbang:
I guess that it would be possible to have a reasonable moderating level to get the best of most worlds? A good moderator will "feel" what is appropiate or not.
------------------------------------
A's bullshit spamfilter status: ON

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Mormegil wrote:

I truly agree with Burning here.
Jens is just awesome to have here and I like they way he moderates stuff.
the only problem is the fact that these A's can't be stopped once and for all without sacrifices.

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:14 pm

I don't come here so often, but YES, I think should be moderated!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

the only problem is the fact that these A's can't be stopped once and for all without sacrifices.
Technically speaking, you can't ever stop any user from accessing a public forum such as this, it's virtually impossible, all you can do is judge if it's worth their while to keep coming back.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:30 pm

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 am

Technically speaking, you can't ever stop any user from accessing a public forum such as this, it's virtually impossible, all you can do is judge if it's worth their while to keep coming back.
The user Zlotnick who literally butchered up this entire forum was banned for good, but so was the whole country of Slovenia! :D
Still, he was able to post a few posts in Tolkkis forum not too long ago before he was caught there.

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Rebel wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

Let's look at it from another point of view. Why is the forum here from the beginning? Well, It's one of many possibilities (or channels, if you like) that Stratovarius is giving to us, the fans, so that we can experience Stratovarius even more. It's also a possibility for Stratovarius to keep, or even gain, It's fanbase.

So, when this channel gets blocked (let it be by too much rules or too many microphalluses), these possibilities are limited, and will in turn affect both Stratovarius and the fans in a negative way.

So, which moderator level will cause least damage? Limited possibility to say what you want? Or limited readability because of cluttered threads?

IMHO, "light moderation" would work good enough, just someone who removes the worst bullshit and makes it hard for "stupid" users to add new clutter.

And no, it's almost impossible to stop "problem users" from appearing under different aliases. But as I said, you can make posting harder for 'em.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:19 pm

Well, I'm a mod in a Sonata Arctica fan forum, and what I've seen is that being a mod is not like.

"Oh, you say something I don't like, there deleated post"

It's more like... "Ok, this is on the wrong section of the forum, let's just change it" or "Theese two are REALLY fighting, let's send them friendly PM to fix things."

Like mods need to be friends, not "The masters of the forum".
I know mods that think the forums are their little kingdom (Yeah sure...) and bann people for saying.. "The mod likes Deep Unkwnown and I preefer Blind".

But here comes another thing. This forum doesn't have that many rules to follow, so there's not too much to break, and most people here are friendly (Except for the fake Tolkkis lol to that) but I allways see people playing with those trolls as if it was a game, so...
To be honest I don't really think there's a need for mods... UNLESS... Jens wanted some help. I think that if Jens feels he need help, he could just ask for it here or to anybody he trusts(Jens, correct me if I made a mistake there).
Just what I think :)
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 pm

It seems, there is no need for moderators anymore, A-team have vanished, but it could be good idea id something similiar happens

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Now that I think of it.
If nothing else can't be done at leats we could have a mod who would just immidiately ban anyone saying he(/she :shock: ) is Tolkki and would try to keep people from bashing him.
I'm not a fanatic who wants to defend his hero (well I still do respect TT) but instead that would just simply be the best of everyne and keep the discussion better.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:19 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:Now that I think of it.
If nothing else can't be done at leats we could have a mod who would just immidiately ban anyone saying he(/she :shock: ) is Tolkki and would try to keep people from bashing him.
I'm not a fanatic who wants to defend his hero (well I still do respect TT) but instead that would just simply be the best of everyne and keep the discussion better.
This is so fucking banhappy. Just do what Jens has been doing, send Tolkki topics to the Flames board

+#)!(!]"\^*|<

Post by +#)!(!]"\^*|< » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:45 pm

palarmux wrote:It seems, there is no need for moderators anymore, A-team have vanished, but it could be good idea id something similiar happens
The A-team is long gone. Last I heard, stinky and priapus "tied the knot" down in Phallustine and the whole family is rejoicing at this sacred union. Chris P. Bacon is the chef, and Timo Toikki the court jester. A9, A10, A10 2.0, A24, and the rest of the A's exchange witticisms and share nomnoms by the fire without a care in the world (except for the pungent odor of the Finnish goatfarmer who has also stopped by)! :rotflmao1:

Sure some of us are missing our "micromacromedios" (which were swiftly consumed), and reproduction is clearly out of the question. But at least we can post from public computers :lol:

Icecab23 and Ragehead91? Well as the saying goes, every village needs an idiot. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to have a backup :lol:

But out of the ashes of the A-team, another faction will rise. More bold, more daring, and more socially inappropriate than ever before! :crazy1: :crazy1:

:ola: :ola:

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAAA » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:35 am

[quote="+#)!(!]"\^*|<$%"]
palarmux wrote:It seems, there is no need for moderators anymore, A-team have vanished, but it could be good idea id something similiar happens
The A-team is long gone. Last I heard, stinky and priapus "tied the knot" down in Phallustine and the whole family is rejoicing at this sacred union. Chris P. Bacon is the chef, and Timo Toikki the court jester. A9, A10, A10 2.0, A24, and the rest of the A's exchange witticisms and share nomnoms by the fire without a care in the world (except for the pungent odor of the Finnish goatfarmer who has also stopped by)! :rotflmao1:

Sure some of us are missing our "micromacromedios" (which were swiftly consumed), and reproduction is clearly out of the question. But at least we can post from public computers :lol:

Icecab23 and Ragehead91? Well as the saying goes, every village needs an idiot. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to have a backup :lol:

But out of the ashes of the A-team, another faction will rise. More bold, more daring, and more socially inappropriate than ever before! [/quote]

Ready and Willing to Serve! Just tell me how! :crazy1: :crazy1:
:ola: :ola: :ola: :ola: :ola: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :headbang: :headbang: :heil: :heil: :heil: :crowd1: :user: :user: :uzi: :uzi: :viking: :rvd: :rvd: :rvd: :elk: :elk: :elk: :elk: :elk: :elk:

+#)!(!]"\^*|<

Post by +#)!(!]"\^*|< » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:54 am

You're doing just fine, sweet cheeks... :luv1: :bounce2: :umbrella:

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:56 pm

From what I've heard, the A's returned to real life for a little while. But, after not being able to find it's own phallus , and since 'real life' means that it has to put up with it's own smell, it has returned to digital form.

And since no one talks to it, it has created "+#)!(!]"\^*|<$%", to get someone to talk to. How cute, almost like two Tamagochi's interacting :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Whats the deal with all the emoticons? 2 or 3 is fine, even 4 or 5 is cool, but rows and rows of them? :err: Whats the point? ???

Post by Avatar Thief » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:11 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Whats the point? ???
Thank you for supporting my thesis, ??? :evil: